34 replies to this topic

#21 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Stacy is not a very good RB and will not likely last the complete season as the starting RB on the Rams, but the value is too good to pass up. I expect Ball to end the season with about 100 more fantasy points, but the value you pay between Stacy and Ball is not worth it.

I expect the Rams to grab a RB in rounds 3-4. Someone like Kadeem Carey or Lache Seastruck, Stacy is gonna be the feature back from day 1, but watch out as he grooms these rookie RBs. If Stacy continues to run as poorly as he did and not break at least 4.3 YPC, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets yanked for one of those rookies around week 7 or 8.

So what you do, is you keep Stacy and the 17th round pick then find a way to trade him for Montee Ball or someone of equivalent value before he loses the job.
2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#22 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Stacy is not a very good RB and will not likely last the complete season as the starting RB on the Rams, but the value is too good to pass up. I expect Ball to end the season with about 100 more fantasy points, but the value you pay between Stacy and Ball is not worth it.

I expect the Rams to grab a RB in rounds 3-4. Someone like Kadeem Carey or Lache Seastruck, Stacy is gonna be the feature back from day 1, but watch out as he grooms these rookie RBs. If Stacy continues to run as poorly as he did and not break at least 4.3 YPC, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets yanked for one of those rookies around week 7 or 8.

So what you do, is you keep Stacy and the 17th round pick then find a way to trade him for Montee Ball or someone of equivalent value before he loses the job.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about Stacy. Your post is so off base.

Ball score 100 more points than Stacy? lol
  • JJRules and WhatWouldDitkaDo like this

#23 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Also if your entire determination of quality when it comes to running backs is YPC, well just lol.

#24 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'd keep Stacy and not really think twice about it. He's a starting RB1 at an absolutely insane value, and with only one keeper per team you'll have plenty of options with all of your early round picks.

If you read my earlier posts, you'll know that I echo this whole-heartedly. Stacy is the player to keep here, Ball still holds sizable risk and is more expensive to keep.

Do the right thing, Munde...

#25 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'd keep Stacy. Even though he gets a high volume of carries, he still had a great YPC. I don't think Montee Ball will ever be anything.

I still stay true to my post in January. Not a huge Ball believer.
I would like to add that Stacy is an interesting player. I wouldn't pay RB1 price(even though that's what he is probably considered) but I wouldn't sell for RB2 price. He is the definition of a hold IMO unless someone pays stud money.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS, 23 April 2014 - 08:25 PM.

14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB-  Foles, Carr , Austin Davis
RB- Gio, Stacy, Bryce, Christine Michael, Stewart, Benny Cunningham, CJ Anderson 
WR- Josh Gordon, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams,Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Corey Washington, Julio Janis, Tavon Austin
TE- Gronk,Ladarius, Brandon Botick
K- Parkey
DT- Sen'Derrick Marks
DE- Jason Pierre-Paul
LB-Mosley, Kendricks
CB- Some scrub
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, KHunter, Alonso, DWashington, Marquess Wilson, Greg Hardy, Brian Quick
5 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks.

#26 dmb3684

dmb3684

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,268 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Stacy easily for me.

#27 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

Also if your entire determination of quality when it comes to running backs is YPC, well just lol.

You're probably the guy that drafted Daryl Richardson in the 3rd round last year then belittled guys like me when I said he's not a good RB. Don't worry, I saved this post. I'll check back on it after week 7/8 time range, if he lasts that long.

Maybe you should look more into YPC yourself if you put no stock in it. He only had 3 carries over 30 yards on 250 attempts. He has little to no big play ability. There is a reason he was a 5th rounder and there is a reason he will be discarded like a 5th rounder this year after the Rams draft a good RB in the 3rd or 4th. It's not like your boy was pounding in 1 yard TDs either. He only had 7 rushing on the year.

Go ahead and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about though that's cool. Last year when I told everyone Knowshon was the guy to own and Ball was being drafted way too high people like you told me I was an idiot as well.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares, 24 April 2014 - 08:33 AM.

2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#28 JJRules

JJRules

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Stacy WAS the Rams' offense last year, and defenses were able to key in on him. Good defenses, at that. And he still put up good fantasy numbers. With Bradford back and hopefully some receiver help in the draft, Stacy looks to continue as a solid fantasy play.

Edited by JJRules, 24 April 2014 - 01:13 PM.

• munde53 likes this

ESPN 10-Team H2H Standard - Dynasty
2010 Champion, 2013 Championship Runner-Up
QB: Ryan, Luck
RB: Charles, Gio, Jennings, Blue, K Davis
WR: Green, Julio, Gordon, Wright
TE: Cameron, Ertz, Fleener
D/ST: DET
K: Vinatieri

#29 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

You're probably the guy that drafted Daryl Richardson in the 3rd round last year then belittled guys like me when I said he's not a good RB. Don't worry, I saved this post. I'll check back on it after week 7/8 time range, if he lasts that long.

Maybe you should look more into YPC yourself if you put no stock in it. He only had 3 carries over 30 yards on 250 attempts. He has little to no big play ability. There is a reason he was a 5th rounder and there is a reason he will be discarded like a 5th rounder this year after the Rams draft a good RB in the 3rd or 4th. It's not like your boy was pounding in 1 yard TDs either. He only had 7 rushing on the year.

Go ahead and tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about though that's cool. Last year when I told everyone Knowshon was the guy to own and Ball was being drafted way too high people like you told me I was an idiot as well.

If anyone drafted D-Rich in the 3rd round they deserve to be banned from fantasy football. I also love how you try to say you were right about guys like D-Rich and Knowshon as if they have any relevance to Stacy.

Big play ability is not the only determining factor when it comes to running backs. If it was the case David Wilson would be one of the best running backs in the NFL. Alfred Morris and Arian Foster have never been known for big play ability, but have been mid to high end RB1s for fantasy purposes. Stacy had 8 TD in only 12 games. Average that out to a 16 game season and he's sitting at about 11 TDs. The return of Bradford should help his TD chances as well since he will improve the passing game tremendously.

The reason he was a 5th rounder is because he went to a non "football school" and the running back position is becoming increasingly less important. There weren't any RBs taken in the 1st round last year, not because there wasn't any talent, but because a good RB is no longer necessary for a good team. Also look at the RBs in free agency this last year. All received short term team friendly contracts. Even a guy like CJ?K who has never rushed for less than 1,000 yards could only secure $3 million per year.

Again you have clearly never actually watched Stacy run based on what you're saying. All of your arguments against Stacy are terrible.

#30 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

If anyone drafted D-Rich in the 3rd round they deserve to be banned from fantasy football. I also love how you try to say you were right about guys like D-Rich and Knowshon as if they have any relevance to Stacy.

Big play ability is not the only determining factor when it comes to running backs. If it was the case David Wilson would be one of the best running backs in the NFL. Alfred Morris and Arian Foster have never been known for big play ability, but have been mid to high end RB1s for fantasy purposes. Stacy had 8 TD in only 12 games. Average that out to a 16 game season and he's sitting at about 11 TDs. The return of Bradford should help his TD chances as well since he will improve the passing game tremendously.

The reason he was a 5th rounder is because he went to a non "football school" and the running back position is becoming increasingly less important. There weren't any RBs taken in the 1st round last year, not because there wasn't any talent, but because a good RB is no longer necessary for a good team. Also look at the RBs in free agency this last year. All received short term team friendly contracts. Even a guy like CJ?K who has never rushed for less than 1,000 yards could only secure $3 million per year.

Again you have clearly never actually watched Stacy run based on what you're saying. All of your arguments against Stacy are terrible.

Both products of Zone Blocking Scheme. It's not a coincidence that both were 6th round or UDFA and became dominant in ZBS. The ZBS creates players, not the other way around (see Steve Slaton). Stacy, unfortunately for him, doesn't run in one of those ZBS offenses though.

It's all good though, by the way you're insulting me, you've made your decision. I wish you the best. I'll revisit this thread sometime in Mid October.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares, 24 April 2014 - 04:27 PM.

• munde53 likes this

#31 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

Well I may be eating crow sometime during the 2014 season. I still believe Stacy is going to remain the starting back throughout the 2014 season, but the prospect of Mason stealing carries away has be a bit worried.

Ball for a 6th rounder is becoming favorite option. Essentially a locked in RB in a offense which produced a top 5 RB last season. I think Stacy has the potential to finish top 10 and for a 17th round pick is ridiculous value. However, Stacy's situation has me slightly worried. I don't want to go into the draft expecting to have a locked in RB in Stacy, only to have him in a full blown RBBC by mid season.

#32 PackersFan1979

PackersFan1979

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

When in doubt, look at value based on current ADP.

A second round player in the 17th is sick, and has far more value than a 1st round pick in the 6th. I would consider drafting Stacy and then looking to trade him for a player you have more confidence in that will have similar value if you are that worried, but a guaranteed lotto ticket that late in the draft is fantasy gold.

#33 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

When in doubt, look at value based on current ADP.

A second round player in the 17th is sick, and has far more value than a 1st round pick in the 6th. I would consider drafting Stacy and then looking to trade him for a player you have more confidence in that will have similar value if you are that worried, but a guaranteed lotto ticket that late in the draft is fantasy gold.

Silva currently has Stacy ranked just behind Ball in his top 150.

I think I may be allowing the circus which is the off season get to me. Right now I think I'll keep Stacy penciled in and just pick up Mason in the later rounds. Or try to trade Stacy away after the draft.

#34 dueceVINCENZO69

dueceVINCENZO69

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

I would keep Ball . Running backs for Manning always seem to fly high
once they are the no.1 guy !

#35 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot