273 replies to this topic

#1 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

One of the breakout stars of the 2013 season. The 5th round draft pick was one of the most beloved rookie running backs in the preseason by many writers. He was likened to Ray Rice.

After taking over in week 5 of the NFL season Stacy posted a 249/969/7 line rushing and a 26/104/1 line receiving. Expanding those numbers over a full 16 week season Stacy would've posted a 332/1292/9 line rushing and added 35/139/1 receiving.

Stacy averaged a meager 3.9 YPC which is his only knock. This is mostly due to playing in the NFC West and being the only viable offensive threat on your team.

Next season the offensive line of the Rams is up in the air with Jake Long potentially not being able to play due to his knee injury. The Rams have the #2 and #13 picks overall and are projected to take a lineman with one of those two picks.

Sam Bradford will also return next season which will help take some pressure off of Stacy.

Jeff Fisher loves to have a workhorse back who can play every down and handle a lot of carries. He appears to have found that back in Stacy.

Potential top 10 RB for 2014.

#2 youngrice

youngrice

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Think you have to consider Stacy a late second round pick at worst going into next year.  There simply aren't that many 3 down backs playing in the league anymore.  Though this would definetly change if Fisher and STL go out and sign CJ0K.

#3 Nguvocity

Nguvocity

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

I like Stacy, I hope they get a linemen to help protect Sam and gain a balanced offense,  maybe grab a big receiver with the 13th pick or trade back to people who want a linemen.  I think maybe getting Kelvin Benjamin/Mike Evans will make that team solid.  They can target their safety pick in the 2nd round with some depth going there in the 2nd round.
12man Non-PPR
QB:Drew Brees
WR: Josh Gordon, Vincent Jackson, James Jones, Percy Harvin, Michael Crabtree
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Zac Stacy,Ryan Mathews, Giovani Bernard, Andre Ellington
TE: Jordan Reed,John Carlson
FLEX: (RB/WR/TE)
K: Ryan Succop
DEF: SF(streaming)
D: Sean Lee (Streaming)

#4 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostNguvocity, on 14 January 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

I like Stacy, I hope they get a linemen to help protect Sam and gain a balanced offense,  maybe grab a big receiver with the 13th pick or trade back to people who want a linemen.  I think maybe getting Kelvin Benjamin/Mike Evans will make that team solid.  They can target their safety pick in the 2nd round with some depth going there in the 2nd round.

Stacy was great, but he only got a ton of carries once EVERYTHING else fell apart.  STL is vested in justifying Bradford as a legit QB, so I'm not sure Stacy gets 25 carries a game once Bradford is healthy.  Also not sure I can trust a coaching staff that took an entire offseason, preseason and first 4 games of the regular season to figure out who their clearly best RB was.  We'll see.

#5 zipsterfromvenus

zipsterfromvenus

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Josh makes perfect sense. How does it take Fisher several games to lock in on Stacy. I love the Rams but it seems like they always make it harder on themselves with their approach to RBs and WRs.

#6 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

View Postyoungrice, on 14 January 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Think you have to consider Stacy a late second round pick at worst going into next year.  There simply aren't that many 3 down backs playing in the league anymore.  Though this would definetly change if Fisher and STL go out and sign CJ0K.
Don't think he is a late 2nd round pick, even in dynasty leagues. I would take the superiorly talented players at QB/RB/WR/TE before him. He is just a runner with good vision and a high volume of carries. He got injured in practically every game. He isn't even going in the 2nd in dynasty leagues. I see him being drafted within the first 5 rounds but he is not special enough to go in the 1st or 2nd.
14 tm non-ppr dynasty 30-man
QB- RG3, Carr
RB- Martin, Gio, Pierre, Bryce, Dunbar, Stewart, Grimes, Riddick.
WR- Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed, Rudolph, Richard Rogers, Bostick, Brandon Williams, CJF, Demetrius Harris
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien
IR- Blackmon, Hunter, Alonso

#7 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

View Postzipsterfromvenus, on 14 January 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

Josh makes perfect sense. How does it take Fisher several games to lock in on Stacy. I love the Rams but it seems like they always make it harder on themselves with their approach to RBs and WRs.
He was buried on the depth chart because Richardson showed well in 2012 and in the preseason. The Rams had also invested a 2nd round pick in Pead in 2012. It wouldn't make sense to all of a sudden throw out your 5th round pick from that year when you have other backs who you think could be "the guy."

#8 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

View Postyoungrice, on 14 January 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

I highly doubt that happens.

#9 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

View Postmunde53, on 14 January 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

He was buried on the depth chart because Richardson showed well in 2012 and in the preseason. The Rams had also invested a 2nd round pick in Pead in 2012. It wouldn't make sense to all of a sudden throw out your 5th round pick from that year when you have other backs who you think could be "the guy."

Pathetic.  Stacy was clearly the best RB all along, but didn't get opportunities.  That kind of incompetence is what should get coaches fired for misevaluating the talent given them.  Its not as though Fisher and company didn't have enough time or opportunity to see what they had.

#10 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

As someone who had Stacy, I'd tell you I probably wouldn't invest a 2nd round pick in him.  Yes he is the primary back in St. Louis, but I'm worried about the YPC.  He is also pretty much non existent in the passing game.  I think he'll be a great RB2, but I wouldn't want to go with him as my primary RB.
Dynasty 12 Team PPR League. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, D/ST, K
QB - Matt Ryan
QB - Derek Carr
RB - Zac Stacy
RB - Joquie Bell
RB - Christine Michael
RB - James White
RB - Maurice Jones Drew
RB - Benny Cunningham
RB - Jonathan Stewart
WR - Calvin Johnson
WR - Alshon Jeffery
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
TE - Greg Olsen
K - Adam Vinateri
D/ST - Bears

#11 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

View Postjoshua18, on 14 January 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Pathetic.  Stacy was clearly the best RB all along, but didn't get opportunities.  That kind of incompetence is what should get coaches fired for misevaluating the talent given them.  Its not as though Fisher and company didn't have enough time or opportunity to see what they had.
He's a rookie. A ton of NFL systems are shy about giving rookies an opening day start. Fisher's system is clearly one of these as he took forever to use Tavon and still under utilized him most weeks. Stacy may have had to learn the playbook and the coaches may have felt like he was not ready to be more than a Plan B option. That's a valid standpoint. I am sure Jeff Fisher is worried about his job after coaching a terrorizing pass rush and an explosive offense.... minus that Clemens dude.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS, 14 January 2014 - 07:32 PM.

QB- RG3, Carr
WR- Josh Gordon, Sammy Watkins, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Kenny Britt, Mike Williams, Brian Quick, Marquess Wilson
TE- Gronk, Reed, Rudolph, Richard Rogers, Bostick, Brandon Williams, CJF, Demetrius Harris
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien

#12 Corey In Da House

Corey In Da House

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Stacy was a pleasure to have this season, he faced some of the toughest defenses and came out running like a mad man. I agree with the sediment of when Bradford comes back it will be a more pass happy offense, although Stacy can catch passes too. I'm hoping somehow he falls to a 2nd round pick, if so I'll grab him but who knows how things will change around.
10 Team ESPN Auction

QB: Cutler, Kaep, Roethlisberger.
RB: McCoy, Demarco, Chris Johnson, Jennings, Vereen
WR: Jordy, Maclin, Patterson, Crabtree, T. Williams
TE: Witten
DEF: Seahawks
K: Hauschka

"Traded Welker and D-Jax for Demarco and Maclin."

#13 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

I think he's a 2nd rd value for sure. STL offense is not going to be any worse next year. He generated numbers in a crap offense, where every other DEF knew he was the only viable weapon. Bradford will be back - but it's the infusion of new talent that I think will make STL better offensively. Their next couple drafts are loaded with picks.

Every draft is the same. Elite RBs go first, then a little run on the top WRs/QBs and then it's right back to the left over backs who have every down roles - Stacy should be close to the top of that list if not at the top. He's a 2nd rd pick.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#14 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I really dislike bradford but clemmons makes Tebow look like a 100% legitmate NFL qb.  Whoever backed clemmons should have been fired no questions asked, not even good backup level.

The o will be better and that bodes well for the rb. regardless of team.

#15 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostSuperJoint, on 14 January 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

I think he's a 2nd rd value for sure. STL offense is not going to be any worse next year. He generated numbers in a crap offense, where every other DEF knew he was the only viable weapon. Bradford will be back - but it's the infusion of new talent that I think will make STL better offensively. Their next couple drafts are loaded with picks.

Every draft is the same. Elite RBs go first, then a little run on the top WRs/QBs and then it's right back to the left over backs who have every down roles - Stacy should be close to the top of that list if not at the top. He's a 2nd rd pick.
Not the mock drafts I've seen. Elite everything will be out of the way before the picked over RBs unless you're drafting with some real morons. In that case, I will be laughing when somehow Julio falls to round 2 and you pick Stacy.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS, 14 January 2014 - 09:22 PM.

QB- RG3, Carr
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien

#16 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 14 January 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

He's a rookie. A ton of NFL systems are shy about giving rookies an opening day start. Fisher's system is clearly one of these as he took forever to use Tavon and still under utilized him most weeks. Stacy may have had to learn the playbook and the coaches may have felt like he was not ready to be more than a Plan B option. That's a valid standpoint. I am sure Jeff Fisher is worried about his job after coaching a terrorizing pass rush and an explosive offense.... minus that Clemens dude.

Stacy is the only reason Fisher went 7-9 and not 3-13 as they would have been if Fisher's preseason evaluation of Stacy's talent had been correct.  Their defense was absolutely horrid the first half of the season until Stacy's play allowed them to not get killed in time of possession. Fisher better be concerned about his job -- he's taking a last-place team into a year where they have absolutely no excuses (young talent plus the #2 and #13 picks) and have to show that they actually have a franchise QB.  If Bradford isn't good next year, given all of the opportunities with the draft that they threw away to continue to coddle him, Fisher may not last long. We'll see.

#17 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

View Postjoshua18, on 14 January 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

Stacy is the only reason Fisher went 7-9 and not 3-13 as they would have been if Fisher's preseason evaluation of Stacy's talent had been correct.  Their defense was absolutely horrid the first half of the season until Stacy's play allowed them to not get killed in time of possession. Fisher better be concerned about his job -- he's taking a last-place team into a year where they have absolutely no excuses (young talent plus the #2 and #13 picks) and have to show that they actually have a franchise QB.  If Bradford isn't good next year, given all of the opportunities with the draft that they threw away to continue to coddle him, Fisher may not last long. We'll see.
Stacy doesn't carry a team. He is quite good and I think he is in the top-10 of RBs but he's not good enough to change a record by four games, especially when he only plays 3 quarters of them due to injuries.
That's like saying LeVeon Bell carries the Steelers or Knowshon carries the Broncos.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS, 14 January 2014 - 09:33 PM.

QB- RG3, Carr
LB-Mosley, Shazier
S- Cyprien

#18 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

no way Julio is a second round pick next year coming off his second busted foot. and no way he gets drafted before one of the few work horse backs regardless of league...work horse backs are a rare breed and stacy is a work horse back....

#19 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 14 January 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Not the mock drafts I've seen. Elite everything will be out of the way before the picked over RBs unless you're drafting with some real morons. In that case, I will be laughing when somehow Julio falls to round 2 and you pick Stacy.

Couple things here:

1. Wow I thought I was wasting my time doing baseball mocks on couchmanagers in January. Please provide evidence on the effectiveness of football drafts for the following year before the real NFL draft has happened, OTS's, Training Camp and the Pre-Season.

2. It all depends on how the draft is going. Maybe I took an elite back already and then take Julio instead of you. You're trying to predict a very finite speck of the future here.

Edited by SuperJoint, 14 January 2014 - 09:35 PM.

SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#20 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostCL3VELANDBR0WNS, on 14 January 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postjoshua18, on 14 January 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

Stacy doesn't carry a team. He is quite good and I think he is in the top-10 of RBs but he's not good enough to change a record by four games, especially when he only plays 3 quarters of them due to injuries.
That's like saying LeVeon Bell carries the Steelers or Knowshon carries the Broncos.

Stacy carried them -- name one other offensive weapon they had after Bradford went down?  Fisher and company didn't figure out how to get the ball to Austin until 3 weeks later.  Bell and Moreno both had legitimate QBs and WRs.  Stacy had neither.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users