Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Davone Bess 2014 Season OutlookExcellent Foreshadowing


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

"Excellent foreshadowing."

http://www.philly.co...t_than_you.html

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#2 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostRobrain, on 16 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

"Excellent foreshadowing."

http://www.philly.co...t_than_you.html
Well considerin he's the worst receiver in the league the suspension he's about to get will help him, he will only have 12/14 bad games instead of 16.
Winning gold is simple, you just have to be the best in the world at it.

#3 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostDdam2013, on 16 January 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 16 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

"Excellent foreshadowing."

http://www.philly.co...t_than_you.html
Well considerin he's the worst receiver in the league the suspension he's about to get will help him, he will only have 12/14 bad games instead of 16.

I think that's arguable.  I'd rather have a high Davone Bess than Roy-Williams-clone Darrius Heyward-Bey.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#4 Robrain

Robrain

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,291 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Davone Bess was arrested for assaulting a police officer/firefighter Friday morning at Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Airport.
Bess has been in the news recently, and not for reasons you'd want to be in the news. He's posted photos online of what appears to be marijuana the past few weeks and left the Browns ahead of Week 15 for personal reasons. There are no further details on Bess' Friday-morning arrest, but he was taken into custody shortly after 6 AM local time. He's coming off one of the worst seasons of his career. Jan 17 - 9:07 AM

The Miami Herald reports Davone Bess was Baker Acted back in March of 2013.
The term Baker Acted means to be hospitalized against one's own will, typically in a mental health institute. The Baker Act in Florida allows police to do this to an individual. Back in March, authorities were called to Bess' Florida home where they found the receiver incoherent and screaming about random things such as guns, drugs, and football while trying to be detained by a half-dozen men. On Friday, Bess was arrested at the Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Airport on assault charges. He reportedly broke a coffee mug on a police officer and got into a "fighting stance." The officer said it appeared Bess was under the influence of drugs and seemed to be "staring through" him in the altercation. Bess clearly needs help, and we hope he finds it. He's missed some time the past two seasons due to "personal reasons." Bess' stay in Cleveland is likely over.


And I'd still rather have Davone Bess over Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Edited by Robrain, 17 January 2014 - 06:57 PM.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#5 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostDdam2013, on 16 January 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostRobrain, on 16 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

"Excellent foreshadowing."

http://www.philly.co...t_than_you.html
Well considerin he's the worst receiver in the league the suspension he's about to get will help him, he will only have 12/14 bad games instead of 16.

I can easily name 10 WR's who are worse than Bess. He's not an All-Pro WR but he was an useful WR during his time in Miami.
"There's nothing more interesting than your own rotisserie team and nothing less interesting than someone else's." - Daniel Okrent

"If you challenge the conventional wisdom, you will find ways to do things much better than they are currently done." - Bill James




.

#6 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostRobrain, on 17 January 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

Davone Bess was arrested for assaulting a police officer/firefighter Friday morning at Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Airport.
Bess has been in the news recently, and not for reasons you'd want to be in the news. He's posted photos online of what appears to be marijuana the past few weeks and left the Browns ahead of Week 15 for personal reasons. There are no further details on Bess' Friday-morning arrest, but he was taken into custody shortly after 6 AM local time. He's coming off one of the worst seasons of his career. Jan 17 - 9:07 AM

The Miami Herald reports Davone Bess was Baker Acted back in March of 2013.
The term Baker Acted means to be hospitalized against one's own will, typically in a mental health institute. The Baker Act in Florida allows police to do this to an individual. Back in March, authorities were called to Bess' Florida home where they found the receiver incoherent and screaming about random things such as guns, drugs, and football while trying to be detained by a half-dozen men. On Friday, Bess was arrested at the Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Airport on assault charges. He reportedly broke a coffee mug on a police officer and got into a "fighting stance." The officer said it appeared Bess was under the influence of drugs and seemed to be "staring through" him in the altercation. Bess clearly needs help, and we hope he finds it. He's missed some time the past two seasons due to "personal reasons." Bess' stay in Cleveland is likely over.


And I'd still rather have Davone Bess over Darrius Heyward-Bey.
He making Titus Young look like a model citizen.
Winning gold is simple, you just have to be the best in the world at it.

#7 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,083 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

View PostDdam2013, on 17 January 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

He making Titus Young look like a model citizen.

He's still yet to get arrested twice in 12 hours...the second time for breaking in to the police impound lot with the intentions of stealing back the car that the cops confiscated because of his first arrest.  

I would say in the game of stupidity the score sits at...

Aaron Hernandez - 2
Titus Young - 1
Rest of the world - 0

#8 dirtywhiteboy

dirtywhiteboy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The 209

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

Does this bump Charles Johnson value going into 2014?

#9 CL3VELANDBR0WNS

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostGottaGetTheWin, on 17 January 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostDdam2013, on 17 January 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

He making Titus Young look like a model citizen.

He's still yet to get arrested twice in 12 hours...the second time for breaking in to the police impound lot with the intentions of stealing back the car that the cops confiscated because of his first arrest.  

I would say in the game of stupidity the score sits at...

Aaron Hernandez - 2
Titus Young - 1
Rest of the world - 0
Add Kellen Winslow to the list. What a bizzare story seems to be the headline every year for this guy.

Edited by CL3VELANDBR0WNS, 18 January 2014 - 02:15 PM.

I am back!

#10 Gains

Gains

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

If the browns had any honor left this would be really embarrassing.

#11 Ryan81

Ryan81

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

Drafting him for my 2014 all-convict team.
"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users