#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Not much to say here.

Big talent, big first two years, big offense, big injury last year.

How's he looking for 14?
  • dhopbop likes this

#2 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

He was looking like a stud and the #2 WR in the league behind Megatron. Would love to have him on my squad.

$50 12 Team PPR, 11-2(2-0 playoffs, Champion)

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Jeremy Hill

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Martavis Bryant, Shane Vereen, Isaiah Crowell, Josh Gordon, Kyle Orton 

#3 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

He was looking like a stud and the #2 WR in the league behind Megatron. Would love to have him on my squad.

Let's not get crazy...even in his best year (2012), he was only the #9 WR -- behind Decker, Vincent Jackson, and Andre Johnson.

#4 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,381 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Let's not get crazy...even in his best year (2012), he was only the #9 WR -- behind Decker, Vincent Jackson, and Andre Johnson.

Second year in the league in 2012. In 2013 he was set to be a top 10 fantasy WR easily before the foot injury. Any discount you can get on this guy is added value.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#5 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Julio was on pace for 130+ receptions and over 1,800 yards before the injury.....

#6 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Julio was on pace for 130+ receptions and over 1,800 yards before the injury.....

Neither of which would ever happen in a year where White is healthy. Again, let's not get carried away.
  • Bluecore likes this

#7 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,029 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

There are probably about five WRs I'll rank ahead of him this season but he definitely has as big of a ceiling as anyone.

#8 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,533 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

It all depends on how his rehab is going. I haven't heard whether/when he'll be available; OTA's? Training Camp? Preseason - haven't heard. All of that will really impact his value/potential production.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#9 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Neither of which would ever happen in a year where White is healthy. Again, let's not get carried away.

You're forgetting the part where Gonzo is leaving town.

#10 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

It all depends on how his rehab is going. I haven't heard whether/when he'll be available; OTA's? Training Camp? Preseason - haven't heard. All of that will really impact his value/potential production.

Right. If Julio puts a healthy 16 games together he's an incredible lock for top5 IMO. And that's how ill rank him in my draft as long as reports say his rehab is going well.

#11 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Right. If Julio puts a healthy 16 games together he's an incredible lock for top5 IMO. And that's how ill rank him in my draft as long as reports say his rehab is going well.

Lock? Definitely not. Possibility? Yes.

#12 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

That helps White more than Jones...White is the possession receiver in the red zone.

#13 The Long Shot

The Long Shot

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:28 PM

He has top 5 upside, but I''d hardly call him a lock. The NFL is incredibly deep at receiver right now. I'd rank Jones somewhere around 8th-10th because of his upside, but I would not be surprised if he goes around 15th among receivers in some drafts, especially with names like Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery, and T.Y. Hilton rapidly ascending the ranks.

#14 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Fair enough on the "incredible lock" part. I simply strongly believe he'll be in the top5 if he stays healthy. His talent level is up there with the best in the league IMO. I'd be shocked if he wasn't top10, and like I said: strongly believe he's top5 if he stays healthy. After Calvin it's hard to say who else id rather take if he's looking like himself in the preseason. Probably Bmarsh...DT..AJ are the only guys that I COULD put ahead of him. He's the 5th best fantasy WR at WORST for me next August when he puts in a healthy camp.

#15 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:23 PM

Fair enough on the "incredible lock" part. I simply strongly believe he'll be in the top5 if he stays healthy. His talent level is up there with the best in the league IMO. I'd be shocked if he wasn't top10, and like I said: strongly believe he's top5 if he stays healthy. After Calvin it's hard to say who else id rather take if he's looking like himself in the preseason. Probably Bmarsh...DT..AJ are the only guys that I COULD put ahead of him. He's the 5th best fantasy WR at WORST for me next August when he puts in a healthy camp.

People I'd take over a "healthy" J. Jones: Megatron, D. Thomas, Green, Marshall, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Gordon. Definitely top-10 WR, but no way is he a lock to be top-5, even if he is healthy (which is not a certainty given his injury hx).

#16 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

That helps White more than Jones...White is the possession receiver in the red zone.

They aren't always playing in the RZ. Not all of Gonzo's targets are going straight to White.

#17 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

They aren't always playing in the RZ. Not all of Gonzo's targets are going straight to White.

No...but more will go to White than Jones. They also believe in Toilolo as well.

#18 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

People I'd take over a "healthy" J. Jones: Megatron, D. Thomas, Green, Marshall, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, Gordon. Definitely top-10 WR, but no way is he a lock to be top-5, even if he is healthy (which is not a certainty given his injury hx).

Definitely not Antonio for me...there's too big of a talent gap for me. He had a really good year, and is definitely a talented no1, but Julio's ceiling is clearly supreme for me. And I personally give Julio a tick above Dez. Dez had a really good year, but it wasn't exactly spread out all that generously making for a few too many rough weeks in his 2013 campaign (trust me i owned him). I think Dez and Julio have similar years next year, but Julio's points are spread out better.

And love Gordon, talent and ceiling are right there with Julio...but they need some stability at the QB position before I take him over a healthy Julio having Matty Ice throwing it for him. Really it looks like are views on Julio are relatively similar, you would take 3 guys over him I wouldn't with me:

agreeing on Calvin DT, AJ and BMarsh being above him (although Julio could be anywhere from 2-5 in my rankings)

understanding taking a Dez or Gordon over him, despite me disagreeing.

my biggest and only sizable beef is Antonio over Julio. He leads the second tier for me. If it gets to me and all the prototypical stud WR's are off the board (all the other WR's we've mentioned), I'll gladly settle for Antonio if I have to but don't call it ideal. In fact, after thinking about it Jordy or Cobb (probably Jordy) I think I'd rather have lead the 2nd tier of WR's with Antonio in the mix there as well.

Edited by cbe_88, 19 January 2014 - 02:14 PM.

• SenatorSpaceman likes this

#19 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Definitely not Antonio for me...there's too big of a talent gap for me. He had a really good year, and is definitely a talented no1, but Julio's ceiling is clearly supreme for me. And I personally give Julio a tick above Dez. Dez had a really good year, but it wasn't exactly spread out all that generously making for a few too many rough weeks in his 2013 campaign (trust me i owned him). I think Dez and Julio have similar years next year, but Julio's points are spread out better.

And love Gordon, talent and ceiling are right there with Julio...but they need some stability at the QB position before I take him over a healthy Julio having Matty Ice throwing it for him. Really it looks like are views on Julio are relatively similar, you would take 3 guys over him I wouldn't with me:

agreeing on Calvin DT, AJ and BMarsh being above him (although Julio could be anywhere from 2-5 in my rankings)

understanding taking a Dez or Gordon over him, despite me disagreeing.

my biggest and only sizable beef is Antonio over Julio. He leads the second tier for me. If it gets to me and all the prototypical stud WR's are off the board (all the other WR's we've mentioned), I'll gladly settle for Antonio if I have to but don't call it ideal. In fact, after thinking about it Jordy or Cobb (probably Jordy) I think I'd rather have lead the 2nd tier of WR's with Antonio in the mix there as well.

Antonio was phenomenal last year, and is extremely consistent -- plus he's a threat for return TDs as well. At least 5 catches and 50 yards every game is a huge plus. Julio has a higher ceiling, but a much lower floor (even when healthy) -- that's why I'd rather have Antonio.

Edited by joshua18, 19 January 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#20 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Antonio was phenomenal last year, and is extremely consistent -- plus he's a threat for return TDs as well. At least 5 catches and 50 yards every game is a huge plus. Julio has a higher ceiling, but a much lower floor (even when healthy) -- that's why I'd rather have Antonio.

I respect your opinion, and respectfully disagree. Brown's awesome consistency was his best quality last year for sure, however. Julio showed some consistency himself before he went down last year, as well, and even if Roddy can bounce back next year, (which I think he does decently) I think it's less of the see-saw we saw in 2012. Especially because I think the bigger chunk of gonzo targets will go Julio's way, because while Julio's elite talent is most thought of for his immense deep threat, he's used in intermediate crossing routes multiple times a week as well. And if it's ever close, especially in the earlier rounds, I take the supreme talent, and to me it's clearly Julio.

And in general, I hope Julio gets his foot right before the season. He's one of my favorite players to watch. Outside of "over the hill" SJax I think all of the offensive players in ATL will be generally undervalued in 2014 drafts, due to the down year they experienced.

Edited by cbe_88, 19 January 2014 - 06:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users