• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#1 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Interests:most importantly, enjoying my 14 grandkids.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Here's the write up on him from Scouting book:
The classic all-promise right hander, Arizona's Archie Bradley is a potentially outstanding pitcher who's only a change up short of a major league career very soon. Of course, that's the pitching equivalent of a hitter who can handle everything except a curve ball, so this youngster's future will depend mighty heavily on how many MPH he can subtract when called upon to do so. If he stumbles, his big fastball and plus curve should still serve his team well in relief, but we won't know for another year or two which road he'll be taking from South Bend to Mobile.

After 2 starts at high A ball in Visalia, his stat line is : 11.2ip, 0r, 7h, 19:3 k/bb.

Of the 7 major prospect ranking sites, he's ranked an average of 25th, no lower than 31 and as high as 10 at Scout.com/Fox Sports.
Control has been his issue, but seems to have harnessed it thus far. Dynasty owners take notice. He has a huge arm, and last year, he led all minor league SP's with a baa of .181, 136ip and only 87h.
  • Richard Kimble likes this
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it". author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#2 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

still no love for this kid. 1st rnd, pick 7 in 2011

Up to 17.1ip, 10h, 6bb with 27 k's. Sporting a .051 era, .91 whip and .171baa after 3 starts in A+.

finished 2nd in the minors last year with a .181baa, 2nd in the league in K's, Control was his issue last year, but after 3 starts this year, he seems to have corrected it. Front line potential, SP1-2 if he can maintain the control.
Will turn 21 in Aug, so still has room for improvement.
Dynasty owners, don't sleep on this kid. Should be a fixture in the Zona rotation by 2015. I'm hoping he gets a long look by mid season 2014, with a cup o coffee this Sept depending on where the DB's are standings wise, to see how he fares vs pro bats.
  • AnonymousRob and FearTheBeard like this
“There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

“The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.” Gen "Mad Dog Mattis

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.” Gen "Mad Dog" Mattis

"You must first realize the prison of your mind.......before you can escape it". author unknown

My comments and assessments are meant for long term keeper and dynasty leagues, not for redrafts

#3 avatoot

avatoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'll be paying attention to his stats in the minors from now on. I noticed his name from time to time but I figured he was too young to start following immediately. That is a great stat line even for A ball. How old is he?
12 Team H2H Cats 8X8 $League
Hitting Categories: R. HR. RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OBP, SLG

Pitching Categories: W, SV, K, TB, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS
C -   C. Santana

1B - V. Martinez
2B - Kinsler
3B - Sandoval
SS - Holt

OF - Blackmon
OF - Pence

OF - Yelich
Util - K. Vargas
Util - J. Harrison
BN - McCann, Granderson, Trumbo
SP - Greinke, Kershaw, Cueto, Hudson, Kuroda, Eovaldi, Holland, K. Hendricks
RP - K. Jansen, Rosenthal, C. Janssen, Petricka
NA - Heaney
NA - Pomeranz
DL - Darvish

#4 FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Fish on - I'm glad you posted this, not just on this board - but in baseball Bradley is flying way under the radar. I wonder why? I think it's probably a mix of other 2011 draft picks that have gotten a TON of pub (Bundy, Bauer, etc), and Bradley had kind of a unique situation going into Arizona where Bauer, Skaggs, the emergence of Miley/Corbin - was all going on. Bauer definitely took a lot of media hype off of Bradley last season with that circus - however I think Bradley has the highest upside of that group.

Post draft of the early pitchers taken - Cole, Bundy, and Bradley were considered the guys with the best stuff while Hultzen and Bauer were the guys that were the closest to MLB ready. If Bauer wasn't such a arrogant egomaniac the M's would have selected him before Hultzen. I just remember after their meeting they seemed to have zero interest in Bauer due to Bauer demands doing everything his way.

Definitely time to really start following the development of Bradley's change - from what I've read it's at a point where he just needs consistencycommand - but he's already turning it over very well and getting good sink, which is great cause so many guys have such a hard time getting feel for that pitch. His size, frame, velocity, and plus hammer is certainly a damn scary base.

Bradley and Bundy had such a cool story both being from Oklahoma and battling in competition since they were little kids. Bradley got the last laugh when his high school beat Bundy's in OK 6A State Championship - game Bradley pitched - Bundy didn't.
  • FISH ON and avatoot like this

#5 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Another fine start from Archie,
6ip, 8h, 8k, looks like he gave up an er this time out
,still, 23.2ip, 18h, 7bb, 35k, with 1 hr allowed. 1.14era, 1,06whip, .217baa

Shouldn't be long before he gets bumped up from A+ ball. Looking forward to seeing results from more advanced bats.

#6 TheFranchiseAce

TheFranchiseAce

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Drafted this guy in my Dynasty league. I'm keeping tabs as well to see his progression.

#7 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Shouldn't be much longer before they move this kid up to AA.:
Latest start:
5ip, 4h, 1er, 3bb with 8 more K's.

for the season : 1.23era, 28ip, 22h, 5r, 4er, 10bb, 43K 1hr, with a .218baa,
thats right, 43K's in 28ip,

Future looking bright. They have him pausing between pitches when he gets behind hitters to compose himself, and it seems to be working as he's cut down his bb's from 5.6bb/9 last year to 2.7bb/9 this year. BB's were his weakness last year, so this is a huge step in his development.
  • FearTheBeard likes this

#8 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Can't wait until he is available in yahoo, anyone know when that may be?
Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#9 mvp0818

mvp0818

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Can't wait until he is available in yahoo, anyone know when that may be?

i believe after he's been added to ARI's 40 man roster, and that's probably not til next yr
  • lipitorkid likes this
One for the money, two for the show, three to get funny, go pimp go!

twitter: @dan_c_kim

#10 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Promoted to AA today. Kid is on the fast track. Now we'll get a better look at what this kid has to offer with a tougher set of bats to face.

#11 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

First start in AA: 6ip, 4h,2bb with 7K's.

Kid picked up right where he left off against stiffer competition. D Backs are going to have a hard decision to make come next year with this kid, give him another year to develop or wait the minimum time to delay his clock and bring him up? If he can continue to improve his control and show he's ready to take the next step, we may just see this kid get a cup of coffee come Sept. and perhaps start 2014 at AAA with a May/June call
I can see a rotation in the near future that includes: Skaggs, Corbin, Miley, Bradley and one of Cahill or Kennedy.
  • tonguetied89 likes this

#12 Jericho

Jericho

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Both Kennedy and Cahill are already good pitchers, I doubt both are out of the picture. But Arizona's pitching future is bright. I'd consider Bradley the best of the bunch, but Skaggs is not far behind.

#13 FISH ON

FISH ON

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Archie continues to put up impressive numbers even after his promotion to AA.
After his most recent 2 starts at AA, his season totals are:

8 starts, 42.2ip, 29h, 16bb, 63k, .193baa, 1.05WHIP, 1.05ERA and 1hr.

It's obvious he's cut down on his walks, but still needs to improve there a little, but the 29h given up in 42.2 is very impressive. He was 2nd in the minors last year with a .181baa and is continuing this trend.
If he keeps this up, we may see him come Sept when rosters expand, and further more, he may force Ari's hand if an injury or trade occurs late in the season, after Skaggs of course, but man, I can't wait to see this kid in the majors.

Keep developing Archie, sky's the limit health permitting.

#14 Jericho

Jericho

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Won again today too. Not really sure of Arizona's intentions with him. I suspect he'll stay for a t least 6 or so more starts in AA. Not sure how they want him the PCL, however. He could get jumped from AA to the majors whenever they decide to make a move.

#15 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Bundy got all the press. Bradley may actually be the bigger talent.
I remember one evening in the pouring rain
And in my heart there was an aching pain
Fare thee well, my honey, fare thee well

#16 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

I think Archie is next in line to get called up, due to injury or failure. With Wade Miley struggling and Tyler Skaggs getting hyped up, Archie is being overlooked. He will be one of the biggest surprises in the second half of the season. Don't sleep on him. He might get the call sooner than you think. Patrick Corbin and Archie are the future aces in Arizona.

Edited by Phina11y, 05 June 2013 - 01:19 AM.

12 Team Yahoo H2H Daily MLB $ Redraft League 1st Place (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)

C D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez
2B D. Ackley
3B T. Frazier
SS M. Betts
OF M. Trout
OF J. Upton
OF C. Dickerson
Util C. Carter (1B/OF)
SP S. Strasburg, G. Cole, Y. Ventura,
M. Pineda, I. Kennedy, Y. Gallardo, J. Quintana, M. Stroman, K. Gausman, K. Hendricks, Y. Petit, T. Matzek, R. Erlin
RP G. Holland, C. Allen
R.I.P. J. Fernandez, G. Richards, M. Harvey, J. Rollins

#17 capattack

capattack

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

If Bradley gets called up, I will drop half my team to get him. I saw him pitch last season just by luck... all I can say is WHOA.
12 team keeper. 10x10 scoring.

C- Rosario
1b- Goldschmidt
2b- Hill
3b- Longoria
SS- Segura
OF- McCutchen
OF-CarGo
OF- A. Jones
UTL- N. Cruz
UTL- Zobrist
BN- Abreu, Profar, Miller, Moose, Eaton, Craword, Revere, Headley, Wieters

Minors- Taveras

SP- King, Scherzer, Hamels, Lynn, Lincecum, Gray, Gallardo, Ventura
RP- None

Minors-Bradley

#18 landobate

landobate

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Bit**es and Sports...yup.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

Gonna have to keep a closer eye on him, didn't know he was that close to being called up...
Moundtown Poundtown - 20 team, .OBP, TB, R, RBI, K, RC, SBN, FPCT, HRA, K, QS, W-L, ERA, WHIP, SVHD
C Mauer 1B Abreu 2B Kendrick 3B Ramirez SS Baez
LF Holliday CF Trout(LF) RF Soler UTIL Wong BN Cain(CF,RF) Betts(CF,RF) Castellanos(3B,LF)

SP Sale/Verlander/Peralta/Duffy/Bauer/Nelson/Pomeranz
RP Broxton/W. Davis/Medina/Jepsen/Black/Vincent
DL Jed Lowrie/Matt Cain/Shae Simmons

7/2 Betts for Vogelsong
6/12 Verlander for Pomeranz/Leake
6/3 L. Cain/Wong/W. Peralta/Heaney for Nathan/N. Walker/J. Jones
4/20 Holliday/Aoki for Viciedo/Plouffe

#19 klove42

klove42

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

I think Archie is next in line to get called up, due to injury or failure. With Wade Miley struggling and Tyler Skaggs getting hyped up, Archie is being overlooked. He will be one of the biggest surprises in the second half of the season. Don't sleep on him. He might get the call sooner than you think. Patrick Corbin and Archie are the future aces in Arizona.

Unless there is an injury I don't see it happening that quickly. Hudson is going to be back next week. I do think Bradley can be up in the second half, but not in the next few weeks.
No Days Off

#20 dorsett33

dorsett33

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hudson had to leave after 2 innings last night due to elbow discomfort. Trip to the Dr. scheduled--doesn't look good. Bradley time?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users