162 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Had a good year last year and outperformed his spot. Stayed healthy and didn't seem slower or any worse for wear.

This year add another year. 31 years old.

Harbough seems to limit his touches so he doesn't get 20 a game and sometimes the touches seem low, on the other hand it likely keeps him healthy. Backups seem to slowly want more of his pie.

Oline is still great, while not the unquestioned goal-line play call he gets a good ammount of carries.

Division is brutal brutal brutal.

I didn't completely avoid him last year, but I under drafted him for age/mileage reasons. While I would hate to make the same mistake twice for the same reason, I really don't want a old worn out back.

thoughts?

#2 NyMetsfan5

NyMetsfan5

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hes alwAys been a workhorse type of guy and i expect that to continue bc i dont anticipate him wearing down in the next 2 years much less next year. Great o line and goal line opportunities along with the majority of the carries. If hes there for my rb2 at a reasonable round ill bite
[size=5]Die hard Ny Giants fan and Ny Knicks fan [/size]

"What do we need anybody for? We have Victor Cruz.”
-Coach Tom Coughlin

NFL Favorite Players; Victor Cruz and Cj Spiller
NBA favorite players: Carmelo Anthony(of course) and Damian Lillard (better than Kyrie when its all said and done), Giannis Antetokounmpo aka the Greek Freak

President of Matt Harvey Fan club(get well soon) and now an official MANBEARPUIG member Tee shirts coming soon

#RealDealWheeler

#3 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:53 AM

Still a great running back.

http://www.nfl.com/v...ore-51-yard-run

Can't wait to pick him up after some jackass passes on him for next year's Lamar Miller/David Wilson...
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#4 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:59 AM

Still a great running back.

http://www.nfl.com/v...ore-51-yard-run

Can't wait to pick him up after some jackass passes on him for next year's Lamar Miller/David Wilson...

oh man I remember miller.

Clinton portis they said
fast they said
better then bush they said
stud potential.

so glad I only screwed myself once with the miller pick.

#5 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,034 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Not as bad as David Wilson. I'm still trying to figure out what people saw there...going 2nd/3rd rd even in deeper leagues. Gotta love the RW hype machine.

Gore is basically the NFL version of Tim Duncan. Great blue collar player on a really good team. Nothing flashy, just plays really smart and gets it done.

Unless we see something out of the other backs (i don't know where they are at with Lattimore right now) there is no reason to overlook Gore.
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#6 Bluecore

Bluecore

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

Of all the running backs realistically there in the 4th round I would probably value him the highest just because, as someone has said, the goal line opportunities. It's always either him or Vernon Davis inside the 10 yard line, always.

Team 1 (12 team, 6 point pass TD) (5-2)

Week 7 lineup: Romo, Cobb, A.Johnson, K.Benjamin, Forte, Murray, Gronkowski, Bradshaw, Vinatieri, Baltimore DST
Bench: Big Ben, Asiata, Terrance Williams, Joseph Randle, Jonathan Stewart, Anthony Dixon

Team 2 (12 team, 1/25 return yardage) (5-2)

Week 7 lineup: Brees, Cobb, Edelman, Forte, Bradshaw, D.Walker, Joique Bel, Carpenter, Indy DST
Bench: Keenan Allen, Chris Ivory, Cecil Shorts, Travaris Cadet, Coby Fleener, Ka'Deem Carey

Team 3 (10 team standard) (6-1)

Week 7 lineup: Brady, Forte, Ellington, AJ Green, Jordy, Gronkowski, Lamar Miller, Dan Bailey, Ravens DST
Bench: S.Jax, McFadden, J.Gordon, Kelvin Benjamin, Bradshaw, Jennings, Romo

#7 youngrice

youngrice

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

Besides the playoffs when the season is on the line and Kap forces it to Crabtree unsuccessfully

#8 Bluecore

Bluecore

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

Besides the playoffs when the season is on the line and Kap forces it to Crabtree unsuccessfully

Vernon Davis sporadically just doesn't show up. Well documented. You're not wrong though Kaep played like dog #$%^ that game.

Team 1 (12 team, 6 point pass TD) (5-2)

Week 7 lineup: Romo, Cobb, A.Johnson, K.Benjamin, Forte, Murray, Gronkowski, Bradshaw, Vinatieri, Baltimore DST
Bench: Big Ben, Asiata, Terrance Williams, Joseph Randle, Jonathan Stewart, Anthony Dixon

Team 2 (12 team, 1/25 return yardage) (5-2)

Week 7 lineup: Brees, Cobb, Edelman, Forte, Bradshaw, D.Walker, Joique Bel, Carpenter, Indy DST
Bench: Keenan Allen, Chris Ivory, Cecil Shorts, Travaris Cadet, Coby Fleener, Ka'Deem Carey

Team 3 (10 team standard) (6-1)

Week 7 lineup: Brady, Forte, Ellington, AJ Green, Jordy, Gronkowski, Lamar Miller, Dan Bailey, Ravens DST
Bench: S.Jax, McFadden, J.Gordon, Kelvin Benjamin, Bradshaw, Jennings, Romo

#9 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

Not as bad as David Wilson. I'm still trying to figure out what people saw there.

Amen. I'm proud to say that I never for a second entertained the idea that Wilson might be a successful starting RB.

As far as Gore, the crux of his value for 2014 is simply the health of Marcus Lattimore.

#10 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

I've skipped out on Frank Gore for the past 2 years. Going to keep that trend up because eventually I'll be correct and he'll slow/break down due to age.

"Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you." -Clay Othic

RotoWorld Mock Real League - 14 team, .5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs(4-2, 1st place)
QB: Philip Rivers
RB1: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Dez Bryant
WR2: Jordy Nelson
W/R/T: Alshon Jeffery
W/R/T: Mohammed Sanu
TE: Jason Witten
DST: Streaming
Bench: Jeremy Hill, Pierre Thomas, Antone Smith, Travaris Cadet, James Starks, Eric Ebron

#11 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

A 31 year old plodder who no longer figures in the passing game. Games where he doesnt score he kills you. Pass.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#12 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

A 31 year old plodder who no longer figures in the passing game. Games where he doesnt score he kills you. Pass.

I agree that Gore has his concerns but I wouldn't say that his value is entirely TD-reliant. In the nine games last season in which he failed to score a TD, he posted double-digit standard points in four of them. He averaged over 7 standard points in those games (an average which includes a putrid 1.4 points in Week 17), so he can clearly still be somewhat helpful when he's not scoring.

One thing that I did notice about Gore, though, when looking at his 2013 numbers, is that he had the fewest receptions and targets that he's ever had as a starter. So you're definitely correct about his value in the passing game vanishing.

#13 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,819 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

I see a Michael Turner like season in his last one in Atl. Gore is a decent bet to be TD dependent next year
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#14 Gryfter

Gryfter

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:44 AM

he also plays in the toughest division to run in...

I had him on 1 of my teams this past season and while he went on a nice stretch in the middle of the season, I think he had like 1 good game in his last 6-7...

I wont be drafting him for the upcoming 2014 season...
(2) 14 team 0.5 PPR:

QB: Teddy Bridgewater
RB: Eddie Lacy, Joique Bell
WR: Dez Bryant, Roddy White, Andre Holmes
TE: Travis Kelce
FLEX: Darren McFadden
K: Steven Hauschka
DST: Detroit
Bench: Matt Ryan, Odell Beckham Jr., Keenan Allen, Jeremy Hill, Travaris Cadet, Minnesota DST

QB: Joe Flacco
RB: Matt Forte, Ben Tate
WR: Antonio Brown, Randall Cobb
TE: Dwayne Allen
FLEX: Joique Bell
K: Cody Parkey
DST: Buffalo
Bench: Matt Ryan, Steve Smith, Bishop Sankey, Larry Donnell, Kansas City DST
RES: Josh Gordon

#15 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

The writing's on the wall at this point - he'd still be a solid flex. I'm sure SF would love to have Lattimore take the torch but they also have Hunter and James there - these guys collectively are only going to vulture more snaps next year. In spite of a solid 276 carries this year (surprisingly up from 258 in '12) he had his lowest ypc (4.1) of his career, which matches perception imo.

The one thing in his favor is the uncertainty around all of his secondary options; Hunter and James are small-ish and of course Lattimore is an injury trainwreck.

If he could have another year like this one - useful but not a difference maker - he's still going to be a meaningful contributor, but I believe that is his ceiling. I'm curious as to whether SF stands pat at RB - if Lattimore can't make it back I'd think they try to upgrade vs Hunter/James. They need another back with power. Lattimore could be the answer there but he seems like a lotto ticket more than a dependable option.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#16 QFFL

QFFL

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

I will stay away from Gore as my No. 2 RB, where I think his draft stock will be. The risk and reward simply isn't there for an aging RB, Steven Jackson. You need to be very careful when picking an aging star. You just don't want to be the last one holding it.
QFFL Draft Masters

#17 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

He's had quite a career. It's interesting to note that he peaked in 2006 when he had over 2100 all-purpose yards. That season basically earned him the reputation as an elite back to this day.

In 2007 his rushing yardage dropped off over 500 yards to 1102 (still had over 400 yards receiving). His highest season total rushing since then was 1214 - just last year.

He's never played in fewer than 11 games in a season in his career.
SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#18 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

I will stay away from Gore as my No. 2 RB, where I think his draft stock will be. The risk and reward simply isn't there for an aging RB, Steven Jackson. You need to be very careful when picking an aging star. You just don't want to be the last one holding it.

Exactly. I'll be the first one to admit I missed out on a quality RB in Gore when avoiding him last year, but another year older and my concerns only grow more.

It is what it is, I admire the fact that he proved me wrong last year, but that won't reverse his age, so I can't target the guy. Now Kendall Hunter for a flier?? May be.

#19 ludawg23

ludawg23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,953 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

It's finally starting to happen, games 10-19 he broke 100 yards once and averaged only 3.65 YPC. The guy still leaves it on the field but he'll be 31 going into next season. The Niners will certainly try to work Hunter/Lattimore in the picture as they prepare for life without Gore one day.

2014 12 team 5x5 H2H League - Runner up!

2014 14 team 0.5 PPR League

QB - Rodgers

RB - Bradshaw, Tate, Vereen, SJAX, Brown

WR - Julio, Steve "Ice Up, Son!" Smith, Boldin, Sanu

TE - Kelce, Miller

K - Parker

DEF - Stream City

#20 youngrice

youngrice

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Even as a die hard niner fan I just won't draft a 31 year old rb with the amount of milage he has on him before round 8 or 9. So basically no chance I draft him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users