Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Danny Amendola 2014 Season OutlookNever again...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

The Boston Globe insists Danny Amendola's roster spot could be in danger.

Our boy seems to be on the outs of the Patriots' plans and rightfully so. Hate this cat.. drafted him so high :(

At least once he leaves NE I won't overdraft him.. even though I'll probably still take him if he slips late ^_^

Edited by PPolanco, 26 January 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#2 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

If this is really true, then Edelman will be a top-20 WR.

#3 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

You only have yourself to blame if you drafted this guy. Might as well have paired him with McFadden and Harvin.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#4 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

it was two freak injuries they said
not reoccurring they said
faster/bigger/younger then welker they said
WR2 near Wr1 upside they said
Brady Magic they said.

Screw this guy.

#5 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

i remember feeling great with julio/amendola as my top 2 WRs in a league last year

oooooh the upside paired with the consistency ... then edelman decides to do what i expected amendola to put up.

#6 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Would be interesting to see where he went if NE did indeed cut him lose. I was fine with drafting him before last year, because I could tolerate his injuries at such a low price. No way I was drafting him as early as he was going last year, though.

Edelman really just showed him up, and finally stayed healthy himself. Edelman is the projected slot maven in 2014, but nothing is for sure with Belichik.

#7 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

View Postcbe_88, on 29 January 2014 - 12:20 AM, said:

Would be interesting to see where he went if NE did indeed cut him lose. I was fine with drafting him before last year, because I could tolerate his injuries at such a low price. No way I was drafting him as early as he was going last year, though.

Edelman really just showed him up, and finally stayed healthy himself. Edelman is the projected slot maven in 2014, but nothing is for sure with Belichik.

He'd be a good #2 WR in Detroit

#8 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:37 AM

View Postjoshua18, on 29 January 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Just what Detroit needs, another injury prone receiver.

#9 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

Believe me, I felt the wrath of Brittle Jointsendola this year. With that said, wasn't his only injury the groin that he aggravated in Week 1? I believe he had a bad year because that never fully healed. If he stays in NE, I would definitely be willing to draft him in a later round, as I think he can be had for very cheap with Edelman in the mix. I definitely think he has bounce back potential, and would be willing to roster him again (unlike a guy like McFadden).

#10 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

View Postnb009, on 29 January 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Believe me, I felt the wrath of Brittle Jointsendola this year. With that said, wasn't his only injury the groin that he aggravated in Week 1? I believe he had a bad year because that never fully healed. If he stays in NE, I would definitely be willing to draft him in a later round, as I think he can be had for very cheap with Edelman in the mix. I definitely think he has bounce back potential, and would be willing to roster him again (unlike a guy like McFadden).

He also had the concussion that sidelined him for 2 games right after he returned from the groin injury.  And then he only got targeted when both the rookie WRs were out in the game against Miami.

#11 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

View PostGains, on 26 January 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

it was two freak injuries they said
not reoccurring they said
faster/bigger/younger then welker they said
WR2 near Wr1 upside they said
Brady Magic they said.

Screw this guy.

Yep.  This guy was on my I'll draft him if he's there in like round 10 list.  People kept praising him, saying he'd be just like, if not, better than Welker.  Everyone was projecting what a full season would be like.  But I'm sure these are the same people who draft McFadden and Matthews high every year as well.
10 Team PPR 1 Flex
QB  Brees
RB - R.Bush,
RB - G. Bernard
RB - Z.Stacy
RB - MJD
RB - J. Bell
RB - S.Vereen
RB - D.Sproles
RB - J.Todman
WR - D.Jackson
WR - K. Allen
WR - M.Crabtree
WR - S.Johnson
TE - J.Cameron
TE - J.Thomas
D/ST Seattle
K - Whomever

#12 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

View Postmunde53, on 29 January 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

View Postjoshua18, on 29 January 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Just what Detroit needs, another injury prone receiver.

Amendolas injury proneness has gotten so bad that no matter where he goes, I'd only be able to draft him post 7th round so he could be a bench play for me. He just hasn't proven that he has an NFL body. I'm tired of the "upside" and "potential" in Amendola, it would not be good to shoe this guy in as a starter in 2014. Very attractive bench play, that's about it, and a lot of factors could keep his cost at a starting price.

#13 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Am I crazy to think Amendollar could be a very nice value pick this year?

He never was "quite right" last year, I could see him being a big difference maker for maybe 10 games this year. He will definitely miss a few games.

A healthy 2nd year Dobson on one side, Amendola on the other, Edelman in the slot. Could be nasty.

I think stonehands LaFell will be relegated to blocking and the underneath stuff. James Jones would have been a much better signing for roughly the same pricetag.

Edited by Deadpool, 19 March 2014 - 11:51 AM.

$$$ Keeper League - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, All TD's = 6 points
(11-2) Regular Season - 1st Place, Playoff Runner Up
QB: N. Foles
RB: E. Lacy, R. Bush, G. Bernard, S. Vereen, A. Brown, (L. Murray)
WR: C. Johnson, M. Wallace, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, J. Blackmon
TE: J. Graham, D. Pitta, (R. Gronkowski)

#14 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

I could see him being decent in PPR but he's no lock to be anything more than a low #3 fantasy WR. Lots of mouths to feed still but I'm hoping to figure who are the top targets to Brady. I could see Dobson breaking our over Danny too

#15 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Never again is right. Even if he's available in one of the later rounds, I'd rather have someone with the same risk and much higher upside. If this was still year where he had the opportunity to be the possession guy that Welker was for the Pats, maybe. But Edelman has clearly taken up the mantle as Brady's reliable short pass PPR guy, so there's not much upside to Amendola even if he somehow manages to stay healthy.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#16 owenmills

owenmills

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

If he falls far enough I'll take him. At this point I don't even know what 'far enough' is though. He's a heartbreaker

#17 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

For fantasy purposes, he's an unreliable scrub... someone best used as a throw in on the back-end of a trade.
You can really only draft him to be a bye week replacement... and then you have to hope he can make it to the bye weeks.
He's an injury prone Patriot... good luck ever getting a reliable read on his health read week in and week out...

Edited by Winky, 19 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

This post is rated "G".

#18 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hear is what will happen

Someoe will grab him at a cheap price.

He will have a good week.

That owner will think he is a genius
The next week dola's arms falls off

owner cries

#19 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostWhatWouldDitkaDo, on 19 March 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Never again is right. Even if he's available in one of the later rounds, I'd rather have someone with the same risk and much higher upside. If this was still year where he had the opportunity to be the possession guy that Welker was for the Pats, maybe. But Edelman has clearly taken up the mantle as Brady's reliable short pass PPR guy, so there's not much upside to Amendola even if he somehow manages to stay healthy.

How many other guys are going to be available in the later rounds that have much higher upside than Amendola?  Edelman just got paid and he wasn't exactly one to avoid injuries prior to last season.  Not saying or assuming Edelman's going to get hurt and Amendola's going to stay healthy but if you can get Amendola with a last rd pick, I'd argue that he most likely has as much or more upside than anyone else you could take there.  If you have to use a middle rd pick on Amendola, than it's not worth it with Edelman back and the other receiving options in NE.

#20 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 19 March 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostWhatWouldDitkaDo, on 19 March 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

How many other guys are going to be available in the later rounds that have much higher upside than Amendola?  Edelman just got paid and he wasn't exactly one to avoid injuries prior to last season.  Not saying or assuming Edelman's going to get hurt and Amendola's going to stay healthy but if you can get Amendola with a last rd pick, I'd argue that he most likely has as much or more upside than anyone else you could take there.  If you have to use a middle rd pick on Amendola, than it's not worth it with Edelman back and the other receiving options in NE.

I'd rather take other WRs who might become a big part of their offense, like a Kenny Stills or Marvin Jones kind of guy who had a few good weeks last year and might get a chance to prove themselves this year.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users