6 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Where does this laughing stock end up next year?

There was a report last week that a coach would start Sanchez if he was released. (that was before the browns got a coach and the word released means no jets so they are eliminated)

#2 compsella

compsella

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,987 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

No matter where he ends up, one thing is for certain, it will be nowhere near my fantasy team.
What is both surprising and delightful is that spectators are allowed, and even expected, to join in the vocal part of the game.... There is no reason why the field should not try to put the batsman off his stroke at the critical moment by neatly timed disparagements of his wife's fidelity and his mother's respectability. ~George Bernard Shaw

#3 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostGains, on 27 January 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

Where does this laughing stock end up next year?

There was a report last week that a coach would start Sanchez if he was released. (that was before the browns got a coach and the word released means no jets so they are eliminated)

It was hard to figure out which coach that was, unless someone has an unrealistically high estimation of Mark Sanchez's talent.  Would Sanchez go to Jacksonville and start?  Over Henne?  Imo, Henne is better.

One thing in Sanchez's favor is he was stuck with Brian Schottenheimer as an OC for his first 3 years in the NFL, and when Farve and Pennington both got away from Shotty they had very good years.  Sanchez of course had one year away from Shotty in Tony Sparano's "System" but Sparano was a disaster as an OC.

Sanchez did improve is numbers each year, from 2009, 2010 and 2011.  He regressed badly in 2012 under Sparano, and his numbers were never really "good".

I think he will go somewhere other than the Jets, compete for a starting job and lose.

#4 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Jags also have 3rd pick. between that and Henne who is more familar with the jags system/personnel I don't see it. Plus i think Bradely is actually smart.

seems like a raiders move............worried the guy they want will be gone and use sanchez as competiton/a bridge

#5 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Mark Sanchez has reportedly passed his physical and will sign with the Eagles.

Sanchez arrived in Philadelphia Wednesday night. Team doctors have taken a look at his surgically-repaired right (throwing) shoulder and given it the green light, so we'd expect an official announcement shortly. Sanchez gives the Eagles an upgrade on Matt Barkley, who will now battle G.J. Kinne for third-string duties.

#6 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

#7 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostIron-cock, on 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

Maybe you're right but I actually think it's a chicken sh@t move by Sanchez in going to a team where he clearly doesn't have a chance to start, unless Foles gets injured.  For as maligned and blamed for the team's woes as Sanchez was in NY, you'd think he would want to go to team where he can battle for the starting job and prove the doubters wrong (TEN, CLE, JAX, MIN).  Either he knows he's not that good, doesn't have the gumption to get his career back on track, or, in his defense, maybe none of those possible teams had any interest.  I don't like to pile on the Butt Fumbler but this just seems like a total p*ssy move.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users