Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Mark Sanchez 2014 Season OutlookThe Sanchize, the butt-fumbler


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Where does this laughing stock end up next year?

There was a report last week that a coach would start Sanchez if he was released. (that was before the browns got a coach and the word released means no jets so they are eliminated)

#2 compsella

compsella

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PHX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

No matter where he ends up, one thing is for certain, it will be nowhere near my fantasy team.
14-team, H2H, Total Points, 7 Keepers (3-year contracts)

C  Doug Gwosdz, Mackey Sasser
1B  Razor Shines
2B  Arquimedez Pozo
3B  Scat Metha, Jim Walewander
SS  Steve Jeltz
OF  Johnny Dickshot, Rusty Kuntz, Bristol Robotham Lord, Johnny Wockenfuss, Hiram Bocachica
UT  Drungo Hazewood, Coot Veal

SP  Kevin Mmahat, Steve Fireovid, Cannonball Titcomb, Lil Stoner, Roy Face, Juan Eichelberger
RP  Ed Head, Boots Poffenberger, Firpo Marberry, Yorman Bazardo, Fu-Te Ni

MNR Joey Terdoslavich, Rougned Odor, Kevin Quackenbush

#3 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostGains, on 27 January 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

Where does this laughing stock end up next year?

There was a report last week that a coach would start Sanchez if he was released. (that was before the browns got a coach and the word released means no jets so they are eliminated)

It was hard to figure out which coach that was, unless someone has an unrealistically high estimation of Mark Sanchez's talent.  Would Sanchez go to Jacksonville and start?  Over Henne?  Imo, Henne is better.

One thing in Sanchez's favor is he was stuck with Brian Schottenheimer as an OC for his first 3 years in the NFL, and when Farve and Pennington both got away from Shotty they had very good years.  Sanchez of course had one year away from Shotty in Tony Sparano's "System" but Sparano was a disaster as an OC.

Sanchez did improve is numbers each year, from 2009, 2010 and 2011.  He regressed badly in 2012 under Sparano, and his numbers were never really "good".

I think he will go somewhere other than the Jets, compete for a starting job and lose.

#4 Gains

Gains

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Jags also have 3rd pick. between that and Henne who is more familar with the jags system/personnel I don't see it. Plus i think Bradely is actually smart.

seems like a raiders move............worried the guy they want will be gone and use sanchez as competiton/a bridge

#5 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Mark Sanchez has reportedly passed his physical and will sign with the Eagles.

Sanchez arrived in Philadelphia Wednesday night. Team doctors have taken a look at his surgically-repaired right (throwing) shoulder and given it the green light, so we'd expect an official announcement shortly. Sanchez gives the Eagles an upgrade on Matt Barkley, who will now battle G.J. Kinne for third-string duties.

#6 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

#7 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostIron-cock, on 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

Maybe you're right but I actually think it's a chicken sh@t move by Sanchez in going to a team where he clearly doesn't have a chance to start, unless Foles gets injured.  For as maligned and blamed for the team's woes as Sanchez was in NY, you'd think he would want to go to team where he can battle for the starting job and prove the doubters wrong (TEN, CLE, JAX, MIN).  Either he knows he's not that good, doesn't have the gumption to get his career back on track, or, in his defense, maybe none of those possible teams had any interest.  I don't like to pile on the Butt Fumbler but this just seems like a total p*ssy move.

#8 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 27 March 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostIron-cock, on 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

Maybe you're right but I actually think it's a chicken sh@t move by Sanchez in going to a team where he clearly doesn't have a chance to start, unless Foles gets injured.  For as maligned and blamed for the team's woes as Sanchez was in NY, you'd think he would want to go to team where he can battle for the starting job and prove the doubters wrong (TEN, CLE, JAX, MIN).  Either he knows he's not that good, doesn't have the gumption to get his career back on track, or, in his defense, maybe none of those possible teams had any interest.  I don't like to pile on the Butt Fumbler but this just seems like a total p*ssy move.

I think there probably wasn't that much interest, he might realize that what system he's in matters, and on top of that he may also know he sucks.  No reason not to carve out a niche as a backup QB for the rest of his career if that is the case.

It will be funny if Foles gets hurt and Sanchez or Quinn has to start.  I'm thinking they could make Chip Kelly go from genius to moron in the public's eye pretty quickly.

#9 dmb3684

dmb3684

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

View PostIron-cock, on 16 May 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 27 March 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostIron-cock, on 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

Maybe you're right but I actually think it's a chicken sh@t move by Sanchez in going to a team where he clearly doesn't have a chance to start, unless Foles gets injured.  For as maligned and blamed for the team's woes as Sanchez was in NY, you'd think he would want to go to team where he can battle for the starting job and prove the doubters wrong (TEN, CLE, JAX, MIN).  Either he knows he's not that good, doesn't have the gumption to get his career back on track, or, in his defense, maybe none of those possible teams had any interest.  I don't like to pile on the Butt Fumbler but this just seems like a total p*ssy move.

I think there probably wasn't that much interest, he might realize that what system he's in matters, and on top of that he may also know he sucks.  No reason not to carve out a niche as a backup QB for the rest of his career if that is the case.

It will be funny if Foles gets hurt and Sanchez or Quinn has to start.  I'm thinking they could make Chip Kelly go from genius to moron in the public's eye pretty quickly.

Isn't Barkley the backup? I thought Quinn was still on the Rams?

#10 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

View Postdmb3684, on 16 May 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostIron-cock, on 16 May 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

View PostJ.T. Marlin, on 27 March 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostIron-cock, on 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I think this is a smart move for Sanchez.  Many of the Jets players on offense would often complain about the verbosity of Brian Schottenheimer system.  Chip Kelly's "keep it simple" philosophy should help Sanchez, and if Sanchez has a chance to start due to injury, he has a better chance of putting on a good show in Philly than he would have with the Rams.

Maybe you're right but I actually think it's a chicken sh@t move by Sanchez in going to a team where he clearly doesn't have a chance to start, unless Foles gets injured.  For as maligned and blamed for the team's woes as Sanchez was in NY, you'd think he would want to go to team where he can battle for the starting job and prove the doubters wrong (TEN, CLE, JAX, MIN).  Either he knows he's not that good, doesn't have the gumption to get his career back on track, or, in his defense, maybe none of those possible teams had any interest.  I don't like to pile on the Butt Fumbler but this just seems like a total p*ssy move.

I think there probably wasn't that much interest, he might realize that what system he's in matters, and on top of that he may also know he sucks.  No reason not to carve out a niche as a backup QB for the rest of his career if that is the case.

It will be funny if Foles gets hurt and Sanchez or Quinn has to start.  I'm thinking they could make Chip Kelly go from genius to moron in the public's eye pretty quickly.

Isn't Barkley the backup? I thought Quinn was still on the Rams?

You are right, I got my sh*tty QB's mixed up.

Edited by Iron-cock, 16 May 2014 - 12:02 PM.


#11 Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In The Sec

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Sanchez could really use a change of scenery.  He had so little to work with that its tough to say what kind of QB he is.  But Tom Brady on those Jets teams and they are no better.  I don't pick backups.  But if Sanchez gets under center it will be the best offense he has ever been on and I could see him being good.
16 team, ppr, 6 pptd

QB-    Foles/Kenum
RB1- Shaddy
RB2- Knowshon
TE.    Cameron
Flex-  J. Boykin
WR1- Garcon
WR2- Antonio Brown
S/TD: 49ers/Titans
K        Suisham
RB 3+  / Lamar Miller/ Bryce Brown/ Monte Ball
WR 4+  Tavon Austin/ Nate Burleson

#12 dmb3684

dmb3684

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,568 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostMad Scientist, on 17 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Sanchez could really use a change of scenery.  He had so little to work with that its tough to say what kind of QB he is.  But Tom Brady on those Jets teams and they are no better.  I don't pick backups.  But if Sanchez gets under center it will be the best offense he has ever been on and I could see him being good.

Most ridiculous thing i've read on here in at least a couple of days.

#13 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostMad Scientist, on 17 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

He had so little to work with that its tough to say what kind of QB he is.  But Tom Brady on those Jets teams and they are no better.

In 2010 he had Tomlinson, along with Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery as his WRs.  Put Tom Brady on the 2009 or 2010 team and the Jets would have won the superbowl.

#14 Gains

Gains

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:30 PM

View Postdmb3684, on 17 May 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

View PostMad Scientist, on 17 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Sanchez could really use a change of scenery.  He had so little to work with that its tough to say what kind of QB he is.  But Tom Brady on those Jets teams and they are no better.  I don't pick backups.  But if Sanchez gets under center it will be the best offense he has ever been on and I could see him being good.

Most ridiculous thing i've read on here in at least a couple of days.

This. Guy is either a very very very strong pats hater or high




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users