334 replies to this topic

#1 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Awesome rookie year (tied Peyton as #5 QB), bad second year (but even so, was #13 QB before Shanahan shut him down)...now with new coach, and another year removed from 2nd ACL injury. Top 10 QB in 2014? Where should he go in drafts? Please discuss.

#2 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

He should fall as one of the last QBs picked. I think he'll have a bounce back year and should be a solid buy low candidate in dynasty/keeper formats before the season starts.

#3 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

One awesome year, one bad one. Makes him an injury prone toss-up with obvious boatloads of upside.

I tend to go safe and solid route with my QBs so the only way id draft him is if I paired him with another earlier. Will be interesting to see were he goes. I bet it's the middle rounds again-ish.

Everything was caving in on rg3 last year, but he was bad in his own right last year with bad mechanics and decision making, so that was alarming. A new regime makes rg3 a little more of a wildcard in my book. I went to Baylor and saw this dude play, so I obviously love him, but the injury and questions on whether offense can be one that generates a lot of points fresh after cleaning house makes him an obvious risk.

He's a low-end QB1 with top-5 upside, but his floor doesn't offer much security which I greatly dislike. No idea if he can start padding his stats with what he can do on the ground like he did beautifully his rookie year, he'll be a year removed from ACL now so there's now reason for optimism.

#4 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

One awesome year, one bad one. Makes him an injury prone toss-up with obvious boatloads of upside.

I tend to go safe and solid route with my QBs so the only way id draft him is if I paired him with another earlier. Will be interesting to see were he goes. I bet it's the middle rounds again-ish.

Everything was caving in on rg3 last year, but he was bad in his own right last year with bad mechanics and decision making, so that was alarming. A new regime makes rg3 a little more of a wildcard in my book. I went to Baylor and saw this dude play, so I obviously love him, but the injury and questions on whether offense can be one that generates a lot of points fresh after cleaning house makes him an obvious risk.

He's a low-end QB1 with top-5 upside, but his floor doesn't offer much security which I greatly dislike. No idea if he can start padding his stats with what he can do on the ground like he did beautifully his rookie year, he'll be a year removed from ACL now so there's now reason for optimism.

Will he be gone by the 8th round in 12-team leagues?

#5 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

I think so. His upside is too good. Probably goes in the sixth round or something.

#6 ludawg23

ludawg23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I think he's the definition of a post-hype sleeper and he's not going anywhere near his ADP from last season.

Still very young, new coaching staff and has a legit running game to boot. I still believe they need another legit WR opposite of Garcon and hopefully Reed stays healthy.

Pair him up with a steady guy like Big Ben/Cutler/Romo/Ryan and you play the matchups.

If everything falls into place, he's got the upside to finish top 6-7

2014 12 team 5x5 H2H League - Runner up!

2014 14 team 0.5 PPR League

QB - Rodgers

RB - Bradshaw, Tate, Vereen, SJAX, Brown

WR - Julio, Steve "Ice Up, Son!" Smith, Boldin, Sanu

TE - Kelce, Miller

K - Parker

DEF - Stream City

#7 youngrice

youngrice

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I'm waiting to see what RG3 looks like in preseason before I judge him. Personnally I think shanny and Wash really screwed the kid over this year. No preseason snaps then throw him out there to start the regular season and it was obvious that he was never right. Was always throwing off his back foot and lacked the explosion to get away when he had to run. Remember watching on mulitple occasions and even sprinting he had a limp. He was overcompensating for his bad leg all year.

#8 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Does Washington have the cap space to sign Decker?

#9 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yes.

They are projected to be ~$30 million under the cap. Though I'm sure they'll focus more on their atrocious defense.

#10 joshua18

joshua18

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yes.

They are projected to be ~$30 million under the cap. Though I'm sure they'll focus more on their atrocious defense.

Fletcher retired...that will help. He was terrible last year.

#11 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yes.

Fletcher retired...that will help. He was terrible last year.

I'd say they could hit multiple times in this years draft on the defense, to revitalize the unit, but they're still paying for all the picks they gave up for RG3...I didn't realize they were that far under the cap. I'd spend money on defense. Reed and Garcon will be the top two targets, they do need someone of Decker's talent or better on offense as well, however.

#12 PackersFan1979

PackersFan1979

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

I think so. His upside is too good. Probably goes in the sixth round or something.

Sixth sounds very high to me. I say that mostly because QB is so deep this year and I think a lot of guys are going to wait on QB's outside Manning, AR and Brees.

Not a ranking at all:

1. Manning
AR
Brees
Newton
Foles
Luck
Brady
Rivers
Romo
Kaep
Ryan
RG3
Cutler
Stafford
15. Wilson

I cant see people drafting QB's early.

#13 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Sixth sounds very high to me. I say that mostly because QB is so deep this year and I think a lot of guys are going to wait on QB's outside Manning, AR and Brees.

Not a ranking at all:

1. Manning
AR
Brees
Newton
Foles
Luck
Brady
Rivers
Romo
Kaep
Ryan
RG3
Cutler
Stafford
15. Wilson

I cant see people drafting QB's early.

Drafting a QB late was the 7th round last year though, at the latest (in 12 teamers) and that was pushing it. I could see 7th round, but it just really depends on when the 8 "wait on QB" owners finally bite, and the dominoes fall. Really hard to say right now where he'll go.

#14 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

No way I would draft this guy anywhere before the 9th round in 12 team leagues. Way too risky. He's Michael Vick 2.0 but not as good of a runner as Vick was.

$50 12 Team PPR, 8-1

QB: Philip Rivers

RB1: Arian Foster

RB2: Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1: Megatron

WR2: Jordy Nelson

W/R/T: Jeremy Maclin

TE: Rob Gronkowski

Bench: Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, Travis Kelce, Martavis Bryant

#15 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

No way I would draft this guy anywhere before the 9th round in 12 team leagues. Way too risky. He's Michael Vick 2.0 but not as good of a runner as Vick was.

Much better passer though.

"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#16 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

I don't even think RGIII is much better. Only thing he has going for him now is that he is still young and can improve a lot.

$50 12 Team PPR, 8-1

Bench: Adrian Peterson, Josh Gordon, Shane Vereen, Jeremy Hill, Travis Kelce, Martavis Bryant

#17 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

I don't even think RGIII is much better. Only thing he has going for him now is that he is still young and can improve a lot.

The dudes arm was unbelievable his rookie year, namely, his absolute and spot on deep ball, and the dude just didn't throw picks. it's so hard for me to explain where all of that went his sophomore season.

All I can think is because he had so much concern over his knee, and wasn't used to over depending on his arm more than he ever had to in his career, and maybe the knee was even a part of affecting his accuracy. I saw throwing off his back foot or with just his arm last year which is not good at all.

#18 mevins31

mevins31

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Such a cancer, has the build of a sock puppet. Funny everyone was so down on Cam. He isn't going to end up half the problem child RG3 will be. I would want NOTHING to do with him in fantasy or as a real life leader of my franchise.
  • Div1726 likes this
http://diamondhoggers.com - A baseball blog about everything baseball

#19 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

I was in the process of typing up, "I'm going to try and take a platoon of QBs like RGIII, Dalton in the later rounds." Then I realized how stupid an idea that was.

RGIII is nothing more than a high end backup to me. I relied on him for 80% of the season last year and won't do it again.

$50 12 Team PPR, 8-1

#20 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

He's a ragdoll gimmick QB that was figured out and plays for an inept franchise. #upside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users