Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Chris Ivory 2014 Season OutlookStay away, right?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

Chris Ivory taunted me with perceived nice fantasy value when he signed with the Jets last year. I couldn't buy in though, because it looked too much like fools gold. And it was, for the most part, but he finished the season pretty strong.

It's hard for me to make myself avoid a guy like Ivory, because I love him so much as a runner, very powerful guy that can get the tough yards as good as anyone, and even is dynamic enough to break one at the same time. It looked like Rex was wanting to feed his beast on a regular basis, but strong injury questions, and a Bilal Powell who's apt to vulture TD's at any given point. I'm forced to make myself stay away, even though I love watching this guy run when he's healthy.

Thoughts?

#2 joshua18

joshua18

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

Too injury prone to be trusted.  Plus with the Jets OC, you never know which game he'll get 25 carries versus 5 carries. Not involved in the passing game, so if the Jets get behind, he may not be much of a factor.  RB4 at best for me.

#3 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

The football forum is out of control right now. We're days away from the 2013 season Super Bowl and yet another player has multiple 2014 outlook threads.

http://forums.rotowo...l=&fromsearch=1

Edited by SenatorSpaceman, 30 January 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#4 ajmyk

ajmyk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:24 AM

Jets running back Chris Ivory was confirmed as the team's goal line back, according to RBs coach Anthony Lynn.

Fantasy Spin: Chris Johnson is the No. 1, but this will hurt his fantasy value. Ivory is a clear No. 2 and goal line back ... when healthy. The Jets also have Bilal Powell and Daryl Richardson in the backfield, but they don't figure to see much time, barring injury.

http://www.ffchamps....-work-for-jets/

with GL carries in an improved offense + some yardages,  does he have some low end value in 12 and more leagues?

Edited by ajmyk, Yesterday, 03:25 AM.

#5 metalmat

metalmat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:17 PM

He has hardly any value in ppr leagues and maybe RB3 value in standard. He played most of the season last year and actually played rather well, consistently moved the chains and picked up tough yards.

#6 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 PM

I was on the Ivory train last year.  When he was in the exact same situation as this year, but his competition was Powell, and now it's CJ?K.  Hard for me to be more excited this year than last.

He only missed 1 game last year, got 182 carries, 833 yards and 3 TD's.  Made him the 37th best back.
The TD's are a bit lower than I would expect, but I don't see the carries or yards going up.  I'd even expect them to drop a bit.  I see him being a bye week player you hope hits paydirt while you're stud is out.
I do it for the likes...

#7 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

TDs should go up in a better offense ... love his game just has to stay healthy

maybe 800/8 this year

#8 metalmat

metalmat

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM

View PostFFCollusion, on 31 July 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

I was on the Ivory train last year.  When he was in the exact same situation as this year, but his competition was Powell, and now it's CJ?K.  Hard for me to be more excited this year than last.

He only missed 1 game last year, got 182 carries, 833 yards and 3 TD's.  Made him the 37th best back.
The TD's are a bit lower than I would expect, but I don't see the carries or yards going up.  I'd even expect them to drop a bit.  I see him being a bye week player you hope hits paydirt while you're stud is out.

He was playing injured in three or four of those games.

The Jets offense had trouble moving the ball down the field last year, they were the second lowest TD scoring team last season. While they should improve with this being Geno Smith's second year and the addition of Eric Decker it won't be enough to raise Ivory's value.

#9 Excessive34

Excessive34

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

According to Chris Johnson, hes the bellcow and will return to dominant form leaving no room for ivory.
Fresh new fantasy football community -  Come share your insight and expertise! www.fantasy-bomb.com

#10 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Bumcow.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#11 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:37 PM

View PostExcessive34, on 31 July 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

According to Chris Johnson, hes the bellcow and will return to dominant form leaving no room for ivory.

I know you're just poking... but for the record, CJ?K has never left his 'form'.
He had an amazing season once, sure, but every year has been pretty solid.

Also, the Jets averaged 30.8 rushes per game last year.  That's just rushes.  CJ?K is obviously a threat out of the backfield, but there's plenty of touches to go around for both of them.
I do it for the likes...

#12 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 PM

FFCollusion, on 31 July 2014 - 11:37 PM, said:

Excessive34, on 31 July 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

I know you're just poking... but for the record, CJ?K has never left his 'form'.
He had an amazing season once, sure, but every year has been pretty solid.

Also, the Jets averaged 30.8 rushes per game last year.  That's just rushes.  CJ?K is obviously a threat out of the backfield, but there's plenty of touches to go around for both of them.

Yeah. People always say the "old" CJ, but it was really only 1 GREAT year. He's been the same player every year. That 1 year just got everyone hoping he'd do it every year.

#13 Bluecore

Bluecore

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted Today, 12:03 AM

If they use him wrong he will have another subpar year. They need to get him in to space and line him up outside as well. Use Chris Ivory for the between the tackles type stuff. It will help Eric Decker out as well to draw coverage away from him if they line Johnson up outside.
2013 Week 16 Championship roster:
QB: Nick Foles
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Eric Decker
RB: LeSean McCoy, Rashad Jennings
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Kendall Wright
Kicker: S. Hauschka
Def: KC

#14 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 AM

the jets have averaged ~490 rushing attempts the last 2 years. chris ivory is going to touch the ball a lot more than people think.

#15 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted Today, 12:45 AM

View PostCyberneticGhostOfXMasPast, on 01 August 2014 - 12:10 AM, said:

the jets have averaged ~490 rushing attempts the last 2 years. chris ivory is going to touch the ball a lot more than people think.

They had 493 rushing attempts last year and Ivory had 182 of them.

Their secondary sucks even though Millner says he is the best CB in the game. i seriously lol'd when I read that. Ivory can't catch. When they are doing hurry up offense, Ivory will be on the sidelines. If they were an elite defense shutting teams down and they needed to run out the clock, i would agree, Ivory would be in for a good year, but that secondary is going to get lit up, and Ivory will suffer because of it, just like last year.
Rotoworld League: 14-team 0.5 PPR.
Check out the thread in "Your League" Forums. Thread: "2014 Rotoworld Mock Real League"

Draft Day: July 25th, 12pm CST. Be there.

QB: Cam Newton
RB1: Eddie Lacy
RB2: Jeremy Hill
WR1: Victor Cruz
WR2: Roddy White
W/R/T: Wes Welker
W/R/T: Mike Wallace
TE: Greg Olsen
DEF: New England Defense
K:

Bench:
Lance Dunbar, Roy Helu, Ben Roethlisberger, Jonathan Stewart, Marqise Lee, Charles Johnson.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bluecore