75 replies to this topic

#1 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Not sure where he ends up but his all around  game has him firmly on my RB2 radar.  I am a Lions fan so saw a lot of him. My opinion, he was the Lions best RB and if he resigns there, wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him starting. I PPR, leagues his 2014 potential is that of a low end rb1 if he is starting somewhere.  Seems to be several RB needy teams out there but I am guessing he resigns with the Lions and eventually becomes their starter.

#2 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

I personally think Det is the best place for him - but with Bush still there can Bell be a #2:  They would have to be creative to give both of them enough touches

#3 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Agreed but I think Bell would become the starter.  He simply is a better all around RB then Bush.  But agreed, rb2 value would be tough to obtain.  In PPR leagues, I think he would be a lock for rb2 value.

#4 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

I dont know - they paid a lot of $ to have Bush sit on the bench.....they could be creative and have them both in the same backfield or split Bush out but with CJ there as well its an awful lot of mouths to feed.

#5 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I understand the Lions spent money on Bush but with all the losing and total ineptness, they have to play guys who can help them win.  I think Bell does a little more. Clearly Bush will still have a role but I think Bell emerges as the guy.  Could be dead wrong but was very impressed with Bell's game and new coaching staff should open up competition.

#6 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

If you're going to start a thread about a guy, you could at least spell his name correctly.

#7 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Yep. Missed the "I" in his name.  Your fantasy knowledge displayed in your post was invaluable.  Sorry to all.  I misspelled his name therefore I should have never started the thread on him.  My apologies.

Edited by Rob_P, 03 February 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#8 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostRob_P, on 03 February 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Yep. Missed the "I" in his name.  Your fantasy knowledge displayed in your post was invaluable.  Sorry to all.  I misspelled his name therefore I should have never started the thread on him.  My apologies.
lol defensive much?

#9 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Defensive ..no. Sarcastic, always.  I was simply trying to highlight what a team player Bell is by showing there is no "I" in Joque.

#10 ecc82

ecc82

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

The Saints should take him if Pierre Thomas leaves and they aren't sold on Ingram ..but theyre cap strapped, so that wont work im sure

#11 lolcopter

lolcopter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

View Postecc82, on 04 February 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

The Saints should take him if Pierre Thomas leaves and they aren't sold on Ingram ..but theyre cap strapped, so that wont work im sure

khiry robinson

#12 Corey In Da House

Corey In Da House

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, Saints don't need Bell. They'd take a shot with Khiry before that'd happen. It would be cool to see Joique go to the Cleveland Browns or the Jacksonville Jaguars. He could definitely compete to be the starting back at either place.
10 Team ESPN Auction

QB: Cutler, Kaep, Roethlisberger.
RB: McCoy, Demarco, Chris Johnson, Jennings, Vereen
WR: Jordy, Maclin, Patterson, Crabtree, T. Williams
TE: Witten
DEF: Seahawks
K: Hauschka

"Traded Welker and D-Jax for Demarco and Maclin."

#13 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

In all likelihood Joique is going to stay Lion. Even with a new regime, anyone can realize that you need an extremely capable all-purpose RB like Joique when you're trying to lean on a Reggie Bush that's very hard-pressed to stay healthy for a season...not good for fantasy, but Joique and Bush made an awesome tandem last year and it will probably stay that way.

Love both of these guys talent, but Joique is nothing more than a streaky RB3 in his current situation, and Reggie will be an overpriced RB2 in standard.

Edited by cbe_88, 04 February 2014 - 11:47 PM.

#14 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

View Postcbe_88, on 04 February 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

In all likelihood Joique is going to stay Lion. Even with a new regime, anyone can realize that you need an extremely capable all-purpose RB like Joique when you're trying to lean on a Reggie Bush that's very hard-pressed to stay healthy for a season...not good for fantasy, but Joique and Bush made an awesome tandem last year and it will probably stay that way.

Love both of these guys talent, but Joique is nothing more than a streaky RB3 in his current situation, and Reggie will be an overpriced RB2 in standard.
Agreed. Bell is well worth a stash even if you don't own Bush because Bush is so frequently injured. For those few games where Bush gets hurt you have a locked in RB2 with RB1 upside in Bell.

#15 LIONS FAN-dsn

LIONS FAN-dsn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Joique Bell will either get a long-term deal or be franchise tagged.  Lions aren't letting him go, the Detroit run-game is formidable with both Bush and Bell, and both compliment the passing game nicely.

Edited by LIONS FAN-dsn, 05 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

14 Team H2H Redraft League

C- Carlos Santana
1B- Anthony Rizzo
2B- Brian Dozier
3B- Chase Headley
SS- Troy Tulowitzki
OF- Shin-Soo Choo
OF- Billy Hamilton
OF- Jose Bautista
Util- Gregor Polanco

Bench: Mookie Betts, Brandon Belt, Edwin Encarnacion-DL

SP: Julio Teheran, Corey Kluber, Dallas Keuchel, Gio Gonzalez, Jesse Hahn, Jimmy Nelson

RP: David Robertson, Mark Melancon, Jenry Mejia

#16 kobe24

kobe24

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostLIONS FAN-dsn, on 05 February 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Joique Bell will either get a long-term deal or be franchise tagged.  Lions aren't letting him go, the Detroit run-game is formidable with both Bush and Bell, and both compliment the passing game nicely.

This. Detroit is definitely keeping this guy.

Edited by kobe24, 05 February 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#17 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Bell was the # 15 RB in my PPR league this past year for points per game.  Barring injury, I cannot think of any logical reason his totals will go down.  So I see him as a very safe rb2 in PPR leagues with upside.   He is their best RB and very versatile.   I think his usage actually goes up and of course I assume Bush will get hurt at some point only making Bell more valuable.

#18 ckern92

ckern92

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Last year almost seemed like a mentorship by Bush. They do both have VERY similar run styles. I actually wouldn't at all be surprised if Joique got the nod and Bush sat back a bit this year now that Bell's been properly worked into the team.
My fantasy blog:
www.kernfootball.wordpress.com

#19 ecc82

ecc82

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

oh yes...I love Khiry dude, I wanted him to start for most of the year, point taken, just forget about him..The saints always seem to have a really good underused #3 or 4 RB haha

#20 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

View Postckern92, on 06 February 2014 - 02:16 AM, said:

Last year almost seemed like a mentorship by Bush. They do both have VERY similar run styles. I actually wouldn't at all be surprised if Joique got the nod and Bush sat back a bit this year now that Bell's been properly worked into the team.

Just don't see that happening. I think Bush is the clear starter, whereas Bell will still remain a lock for weekly touches. Both are talented, but I think Bush has the supreme talent, and is more electric and quick. Whereas Bell is still talented, but more dependable, consistent and durable but a little less dynamic. They will still make sure Reggie gets his touches before Joique, but both of these talents will get work. Both could make the other pretty inconsistent, however, as we saw several times last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users