30 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

What do we think for the 2014 Season for Mr. Bridgewater?

Before the start of the season there was talk of how he was very clearly "the" qb and everyone should tank for him in a way that was reminiscent of the "Suck for Luck" campaign.

Currently he has cooled off and seems to be in a 3 way for the 1st spot with Johnny Manziel and Blaine Gabbert 2.0 Blake Bortles.

#2 instant290

instant290

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

He isn't the hot name at this moment, but I am very confident he solidifies at the #1 QB come March or so. He is easily the best QB in this draft and once he gets up the the chalk boards and scouts see him up close and in person, I don't think there will be any doubt about it and I am fairly sure the Texans will be taking him first overall.

#3 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

View Postinstant290, on 08 February 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

He isn't the hot name at this moment, but I am very confident he solidifies at the #1 QB come March or so. He is easily the best QB in this draft and once he gets up the the chalk boards and scouts see him up close and in person, I don't think there will be any doubt about it and I am fairly sure the Texans will be taking him first overall.

interesting coming from Texan with avi of Manziel in a Texan's uniform.

#4 CTonyRow

CTonyRow

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

As a guy that was born and raised in Louisville (and is a die-hard Louisville fan) I thin Teddy has almost everything to be a great QB in the NFL. The one thing he needs to do between now and training camp is bulk up. He has been labeled from 195 lbs to 210 lbs. I've seen him play in real life and I would guess he is somewhere in the 200 range. He needs to add more weight to be able tow withstand the hits he will receive. Beyond that, he is an incredible QB with great footwork, accuracy, and arm strength. He's a natural leader. I would love to see him drafted by Houston, Minnesota, or Cleveland. If Oakland drafts him it will be a very rough go for him. Same goes for if Jacksonville drafts him, but at least Jax has some solid WR's to throw to. I like him as a fantasy QB if he gets drafted by Hou, Min, or Cle as a flyer backup QB to see what happens. Just my opinion though :)
Check out my Fantasy Football Blog, Fantasy Football War. You won't regret it :)

fantasyfootballwar.blogspot.com

12-Team Standard Keeper League (can keep up to 8 players)

QB- Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins

RB- Zac Stacy, Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings, Andre Brown, Toby Gerhart, Christine Michael, Latavius Murray

WR- Keenan Allen, Wes Welker, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Hakeem Nicks, Emmanuel Sanders

TE- Jimmy Graham

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

He will prove to be far and away the best QB in this draft.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#6 mevins31

mevins31

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

View Postpetekrum, on 08 February 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Agree with you. I like this kid all around. Hope he doesn't land in jax, Oakland or Cleveland
http://diamondhoggers.com - A baseball blog about everything baseball

#7 jbshaw

jbshaw

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

Meh, I think he's overrated.  I think, barring some sort of major surprise, he fits in the Dalton/Locker/Flacco tier.  They're decent enough QBs that aren't going to take over and win games themselves, but at the same time they can win with a good team put around them.  I think he's the safest  rookie QB bet to produce next year, as I see his floor as pretty high.  However, based on raw physical ability and competitive drive, I think at least one other QB in the draft class *cough* Manziel *cough* has the upside I'd rather seek for a backup QB flyer, especially from a fantasy perspective.
It's All About Luck
8-team Standard Scoring, 2 WR, 2 RB, WRT flex
Draft Waiver/Free Agent Trade
*week-to-week starter
QB: Andrew Luck*
WR: Brandon Marshall*, Julio Jones*, Michael Floyd, Cordarelle Patterson, Michael Crabtree
RB: Adrian Peterson*, Ryan Mathews*, Steven Ridley*, Bishop Sankey, Joique Bell
TE: Julius Thomas*, Jordan Reed
K: Steven Hauschka
Def: Carolina

#8 instant290

instant290

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostGains, on 08 February 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

interesting coming from Texan with avi of Manziel in a Texan's uniform.

Set this avatar some 6 months back before Texans had even locked up the first overall pick...just thought it was a cool photoshop. I like Manziel a ton but I just think Bridgewater is the better prospect.

#9 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Anybody know how tall Teddy really is? When I first started researching him a little over a year ago he was listed at 6'3" Then earlier last season some commentators said he was probably closer to 6'2". Now I hear that he may measure closer to 6'1". Dude keeps shrinking. Some would say that his height doesn't matter, but there are not many QBs that make it in the NFL under 6'2"....Brees, Wilson, Vick....probably missing someone, but if he measures 6'1" he will have to tailor his game to be similar to Brees'. Easier said than done because Brees is a rare breed.

Edited by pikerbkb, 10 February 2014 - 07:09 PM.

Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#10 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

^ in for answer on height.

@ mevins...........top qb and you don't want him going to a qb needy team with a high draft pick (except the texans?)

texans title window is actually a LOT more closed then people realize. Said it last preseason (although I never though they would be a 2 win team)

#11 footballpimp

footballpimp

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Interests:golfin,sports

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I've seen him play multiple times and nothing really jumps out. He plays in a terrible conference, put Manziel in the AAC and he'd break multiple records. In games I've watched his deep ball lacks a bit as well. If I were the Texans, I would go with the high risk high reward type player like Manziel rather than a low ceiling high floor like Bridgewater. With the new breed of QBs that are mobile and their success, Manziels the right pick. Teddy will be a decent NFL QB but nothing too special IMO
12 Team Keeper(4*)

QB-Cam Newton
WR-Greg Jennings*
WR-Dez Bryant
RB-Darren McFadden*
RB-DeMarco Murray
TE- Dallas Clark*
W/R-Steve Smith
BN-Big Ben, Mario Manningham, C.J Spiller, Devery Henderson, Roy Helu,Demaryius Thomas
IR-Charles*, Hightower

#12 instant290

instant290

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

View Postfootballpimp, on 11 February 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

I've seen him play multiple times and nothing really jumps out. He plays in a terrible conference, put Manziel in the AAC and he'd break multiple records. In games I've watched his deep ball lacks a bit as well. If I were the Texans, I would go with the high risk high reward type player like Manziel rather than a low ceiling high floor like Bridgewater. With the new breed of QBs that are mobile and their success, Manziels the right pick. Teddy will be a decent NFL QB but nothing too special IMO

Everyone uses the competition argument but it's crap, unless we are talking D2 type schools, the conference a QB plays in has very little weight on how they will perform in the NFL.

Also, you must factor in the other side of the coin. Although Manziel played against the best competition in college football, he also did it with the best players on the offensive side with him. Joeckel, Matthews, Mike Evans, Ogbuehi...all first round NFL talents. Bridgewater had what, Devonte Parker? A 3rd prospect and not much else.

Also Bridgewater is very mobile, he just didn't run past the line of scrimmage often in college because of the type of offense he played in...but if you watch his highlights you can see he has plenty of escapability and can use his legs to pick up yards when needed. Reminds a lot of Rodgers in that aspect and will probably run a ~4.65 40.

I like Manziel a lot, but Bridgewater is a much more polished product and more ready to contribute in the NFL. He doesn't have one single elite attribute like Manziel's athleticism or Bortles size, but he is very well rounded quarterback.

#13 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

View Postinstant290, on 12 February 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

View Postfootballpimp, on 11 February 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Everyone uses the competition argument but it's crap, unless we are talking D2 type schools, the conference a QB plays in has very little weight on how they will perform in the NFL.

Also, you must factor in the other side of the coin. Although Manziel played against the best competition in college football, he also did it with the best players on the offensive side with him. Joeckel, Matthews, Mike Evans, Ogbuehi...all first round NFL talents. Bridgewater had what, Devonte Parker? A 3rd prospect and not much else.

Also Bridgewater is very mobile, he just didn't run past the line of scrimmage often in college because of the type of offense he played in...but if you watch his highlights you can see he has plenty of escapability and can use his legs to pick up yards when needed. Reminds a lot of Rodgers in that aspect and will probably run a ~4.65 40.

I like Manziel a lot, but Bridgewater is a much more polished product and more ready to contribute in the NFL. He doesn't have one single elite attribute like Manziel's athleticism or Bortles size, but he is very well rounded quarterback.

Thank you. People act like who you played in college is the be all and end all. Guess they never heard of Romo, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Mcnair, Warner.

#14 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,336 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

View Postmevins31, on 10 February 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

View Postpetekrum, on 08 February 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Agree with you. I like this kid all around. Hope he doesn't land in jax, Oakland or Cleveland

Yeah why put him on a team with Gordon and Cameron and plenty of draft picks.
"Any Given Pick Napa" 12-team Non-ppr Keeper League - Custom Scoring *2009, 2012, 2013 Champion*
2014 Keepers (Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, FJax)

#15 mevins31

mevins31

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostGains, on 10 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

@ mevins...........top qb and you don't want him going to a qb needy team with a high draft pick (except the texans?)

texans title window is actually a LOT more closed then people realize. Said it last preseason (although I never though they would be a 2 win team)

I don't want him going to Oakland, Cleveland, or Jacksonville because no one ever succeeds there or will be able to in the immediate future. No one.

I want to see him have a good chance at success because I'm a football fan and liked him in college.
http://diamondhoggers.com - A baseball blog about everything baseball

#16 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Bridgewater is the next Vince Young

#17 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

View Postkeep it ONE hunnid, on 16 February 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Bridgewater is the next Vince Young

Other than the facts that he doesn't rely on his legs, he's an accurate passer, and he's not an idiot you're right. Brilliant comparison.

#18 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

View Postmevins31, on 15 February 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

View PostGains, on 10 February 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

I don't want him going to Oakland, Cleveland, or Jacksonville because no one ever succeeds there or will be able to in the immediate future. No one.

I want to see him have a good chance at success because I'm a football fan and liked him in college.

You mean the same Jags team that finished 4-4 last year and is coached by Gus "Pete Carroll Jr." Bradley ?
You mean the Raiders who just got finally done fixing Al's mess last year with 1/3 dead cap and this year have the most Cap space of any team ever?
You mean the Browns with 2 1st rounders, 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounders. 5 pro-bowlers and main player based need Teddy could fix?

sure the browns are still a cleveland sports franchise meaning they are forever doomed (lebron says hi) but they can do better then 4 wins.

#19 DOSXX

DOSXX

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

One of the top things a rookie QB struggles with is the pass rush.  Teddy’s skill in this area makes him the most likely to succeed from the ’14 class.
Baseball 10 Team 5x5 H2H (4 Keepers) Roster 25 + 1DL
Start C-1B-2B-SS-3B-1B/3B-2B/SS-OFx5-UTIL - Max 13 SP starts/WK
C: - Meh
1B/3B: Singleton, Machado, Bogaerts
2B/SS:  Segura, Kendrick, D.Gordon
OF: Trout, Hamilton, Eaton, Taveras, Springer, Polanco
SP:  Felix, Cueto, Cluber, Yordano, Tanaka, Teheran, Gio
RP:  Rosenthal, Street, Doolittle, Britton
DL:  R.Zimmerman

#20 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

I don't envision TB being fantasy relevant because that's not his game.  He will never be Drew Brees, but he is a winner that plays mistake free football.  I expect the Vikings as a whole to be a better team.  But no real WR to blow open the fantasy doors.  My sleeper play in that offense (no longer a sleeper) will be Kyle Rudolph and my value play will be Greg Jennings.  As for TB, I have no room on my roster for him, but wish him the best.
2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users