176 replies to this topic

#1 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

Cubbies signed Bonifacio to a minor league contract with ST invite.

I could see him getting a lot of playing time between 2B, 3B and OF. Good utility guy for daily leagues.

One worry is the eventual callups of Baez, Bryant, etc would obviously cut into his opportunities for playing time. Shouldn't be a concern until June at the earliest.

#2 JFS171

JFS171

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Not sure how his defense profiles, but this could be a great signing for Chicago given the price. I'd expect he may get a long look at 2B and 3B, considering Valbuena, Barney, and Olt didn't exactly tear it up last year.

For fantasy, the best part is they'll probably let him run wild in Chicago. He may not play everyday, but I'd bet he comes close to it.

I've always been a fan… glad he found somewhere he can actually get some run.

#3 bbythepier

bbythepier

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'll be interested to see how much time, if any, they give him. Other than 2011, he's had 1 career WAR. And no matter how he performs, he'll have no trade value in this day and age of advanced metrics. I suppose he could be used as a placeholder for the prospects. He's a great player for a tanking squad.

#4 Nygiantspm5

Nygiantspm5

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

He will be a fairly useful utility guy and effective innings eater until chicago's prospects get the call. Perfect fit for the cubbies
  • The Big Bat Theory likes this

#5 The Big Bat Theory

The Big Bat Theory

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

He will be a fairly useful utility guy and effective innings eater until chicago's prospects get the call. Perfect fit for the cubbies

That's what I was thinking. Short term a number of ABs. Past June? Not good to own for me. He's the stand-in until the leads arrive on stage.

#6 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

We have no idea when or if Baez and Bryant will be up. I actually don't think we see either one until August or September if at all this year.

As for Boni, he's not taking at bats for Barney due to defense. Third is a possibility but I'm sure the Cubs want Olt to take the job. Who's slated in left and center right now? I'm thinking center is his best bet since Jackson can't hit.

#7 An Old Hippie

An Old Hippie

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

RW lineup projections have Lake then Ruggiano in Center. Might have a better chance in left with Sweeney, though how much of an upgrade Boni would be is anyone's guess.

#8 mavsfan23

mavsfan23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

I like the fact that he signed with cubs. Seems like the kind of decision that says he wants to play, and not just get a paycheck(right now). He's young enough that a good year could get him another multi-year contract.

Appears that was his goal considering he's got a lot of places to get AB's.
Baseball can't get here fast enough

#9 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

I like the fact that he signed with cubs. Seems like the kind of decision that says he wants to play, and not just get a paycheck(right now). He's young enough that a good year could get him another multi-year contract.

Appears that was his goal considering he's got a lot of places to get AB's.

To be fair, I'm sure if he got a major league deal from anyone for more money he would have accepted.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#10 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:balls of all kinds. footballs; soccer balls; footie balls. etc

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Well this went completely under my nose.
I had completely forgotten about him after KC released or DFA/waived him, whatever happened there I guess. Was watching the Cubs spring training game a bit earlier and he lead-off and hit a standup triple. Guy flew to 3B. I know this is spring training, and even stuff like Reddick's insane catches shouldn't be taken as seriously as if we were in the regular season.... that said, it was nice to see he has his wheels back under him. He does not look to be running with restriction at all.

Cubs signed INF/OF Emilio Bonifacio to a minor league contract.
He will receive an invitation to spring training as well. It's unclear how he'll be utilized in Chicago, but the speedy 28-year-old could find plenty of at-bats at third base, second base or center field, and represents a tremendous source of speed in fantasy leagues if he finds regular playing time. Feb 15 - 12:17 PM

2B and CF should both be places he can play regularly enough, and 3B is a place he can slot in as well. Should an injury strike in center or at 2nd and he does make the team he could slide in and hold a lot of value based on his speed.... didn't he lead the league in 2012, or at least the NL anyway? (In stolen bases.)

With the speed seeming to be back he's worth watching for that alone. If he makes the roster he should be able to find a way to play or run enough to make an impact in fantasy leagues at a $1 price- literally. On that team and if he begins the year on the bench or as the UTL man, it will probably keep people very modest. I wouldn't underestimate himself playing his way into 400+ AB though- and I'd put his ceiling higher on that team.... really.

NL and deeper leagues should keep an eye on his situation and guys like Junior Lake and Darwin Barney in chance of injury or something. Boni could turn into a very the cheap source of speed if the timing is right.
recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#11 kidtwentytwo

kidtwentytwo

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:20 AM

He'd be fairly valuable if he could get 3b eligibility. Most 2b are two trick ponies anyways...
  • Milk Me likes this
Everybody panic

#12 IG-88

IG-88

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

I like it that he has OF eligibility already. That way one can draft him late as a 2B backup and if he pans out still play him pretty frequently as a substitute (at least in daily leagues) in the OF (especially in 4 or 5 OF leagues) when other OFs are off/injured/rested. If he can get 3B added as well, even better.

#13 taobball

taobball

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

3B eligibility relies directly on Mike Olt. They'll sit Luis Valbuena for games but if Olt starts hitting well i have a hard time beliving the Cubs will want to sit a still relatively young and potentially impact player.
2014 IU Dorm Floor/Wing League
12 Team, PPR, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex
QB: Jay Cutler
RB (2): Montee Ball, CJ Spiller, Chris Johnson, Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson, Dexter McCluster
WR (3): Demaryius Thomas, Pierre Garcon, Kendall Wright, Deandre Hopkins, Brandin Cooks, Andrew Hawkins, Cody Latimer
TE: Zack Ertz
DEF: Streaming
K: Mike Nugent

#14 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

I have a hard time believing Olt is staying in the fold unless the Cubs plan to try to move him to left.

He could be used in a swap, I think. And if he gets off to a rough start, I don't think the Cubs would want to overexpose him to the entire league (or any weaknesses he may be displaying or bad habits he could be picking up, for instance).

I still like Mike Olt but do not see any way he will fit in this year unless he can find himself playing 2-3 positions, or Left and Right regularly, and I simply don't even know if he is capable of that- let alone if he will hit his weight worth playing...

Olt is an interesting piece to have, and in a system like the Cubs' he can become an afterthought pretty fast. But if anybody saw one of Bryant's AB today (and I will keep it at this much, since I know this is minor league forum material....), they would know that this kid is legitimate and has the best shot to be a full-time 3B or settle in there this year if anyone will (and do so successfully, playing everyday). It just may be delayed because of arby and all of that. But he worked a count and hit a BOMB to dead center today... I don't like jumping on prospects because they'll break your heart, but 3B is so crowded for the Cubs', I simply think Boni can pick up time as a late-innings pinch runner every now and then or early in the season if Olt doesn't crack camp or gets dealt (which I could see happening for sure- possibly a throw-in if a Samardzija trade is worked to obtain a better haul? I just don't see him fitting in long-term unless he platoons w/ Rizzo or something once Bryant is up for good, barring a move to LF).

Boni has a few things working for him:
- they're the Cubs and there's bound to be somewhere for him to slot in, and his utility status doesn't hurt
- they're the Cubs and have little speed on that current roster.... they're the Cubs can start any one of these, so let's just cut that bit now
- 2B and CF is where he should play the most if you ask me (and I have heard 2B the most...FWIW, living in Chicago & reading the papers/etc.), but I have heard they want to utilize him (not sure if this was a direct quote from Theo or Hoyer or what, but I had heard it "relayed" by someone on a show) in a Chone Figgins role, when Figgins was playing all over the diamond in his last (I believe?) season w/ Anaheim before getting paid by SEA.

If that does in fact happen and isn't just talk, and seeing as how they have question marks as to players keeping their job at nearly every position with exception for 1B, SS, and C I guess, with a bevvy of MI prospects on the way up too. The thing is, I don't think the Cubs or any team with an abundance of MI prospects would want to start the clock ticking on a lot at once, so I personally believe Boni can hold nice value into July at the least if he gets off to a hot start (assuming he cracks the roster and word is he probably will, from what I have read and heard over the past 24hr alone....but it's a long spring).
The thing is, he is a definite trade candidate and he would be moved in an instant if he is having a nice year. I also heard the Cubs might consider using him as a leadoff hitter if he can prove to get on base enough, but again, this was in the same relayed stuff with talks of using him as a super-UTL ala Chone in his Anaheim days.

The guy is still what, 29? I think he could have a decent year and NL-Only teams should definitely be eyeballing him. 12+ leagues too, for that matter. As long as he can hit or keep his avg/obp above water, he'll run enough and play enough on this team to get a chance at least in the early going. All the hype about the prospects is going to result in a lot of disappointment, but I guess Olt and some of those guys are likelier to crack the roster and kind of forgotten about in the wake of the Baez and Bryant middle-infielders (or players of that caliber) in their minors. Olt feels like an odd man out to me though..one-trick pony I would personally look to package in a deal maybe. My .2

I would target Boni as a backup OF in leagues that don't require position specifics (i.e. LF, CF, RF...) since I think he should qualify there and 2B already. Does he qualify at SS? I don't think he played enough 3B to get there last season....
  • 96mnc likes this
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#15 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

I have a hard time believing Olt is staying in the fold unless the Cubs plan to try to move him to left.

He could be used in a swap, I think. And if he gets off to a rough start, I don't think the Cubs would want to overexpose him to the entire league (or any weaknesses he may be displaying or bad habits he could be picking up, for instance).

I still like Mike Olt but do not see any way he will fit in this year unless he can find himself playing 2-3 positions, or Left and Right regularly, and I simply don't even know if he is capable of that- let alone if he will hit his weight worth playing...

Olt is an interesting piece to have, and in a system like the Cubs' he can become an afterthought pretty fast. But if anybody saw one of Bryant's AB today (and I will keep it at this much, since I know this is minor league forum material....), they would know that this kid is legitimate and has the best shot to be a full-time 3B or settle in there this year if anyone will (and do so successfully, playing everyday). It just may be delayed because of arby and all of that. But he worked a count and hit a BOMB to dead center today... I don't like jumping on prospects because they'll break your heart, but 3B is so crowded for the Cubs', I simply think Boni can pick up time as a late-innings pinch runner every now and then or early in the season if Olt doesn't crack camp or gets dealt (which I could see happening for sure- possibly a throw-in if a Samardzija trade is worked to obtain a better haul? I just don't see him fitting in long-term unless he platoons w/ Rizzo or something once Bryant is up for good, barring a move to LF).

Boni has a few things working for him:
- they're the Cubs and there's bound to be somewhere for him to slot in, and his utility status doesn't hurt
- they're the Cubs and have little speed on that current roster.... they're the Cubs can start any one of these, so let's just cut that bit now
- 2B and CF is where he should play the most if you ask me (and I have heard 2B the most...FWIW, living in Chicago & reading the papers/etc.), but I have heard they want to utilize him (not sure if this was a direct quote from Theo or Hoyer or what, but I had heard it "relayed" by someone on a show) in a Chone Figgins role, when Figgins was playing all over the diamond in his last (I believe?) season w/ Anaheim before getting paid by SEA.

If that does in fact happen and isn't just talk, and seeing as how they have question marks as to players keeping their job at nearly every position with exception for 1B, SS, and C I guess, with a bevvy of MI prospects on the way up too. The thing is, I don't think the Cubs or any team with an abundance of MI prospects would want to start the clock ticking on a lot at once, so I personally believe Boni can hold nice value into July at the least if he gets off to a hot start (assuming he cracks the roster and word is he probably will, from what I have read and heard over the past 24hr alone....but it's a long spring).
The thing is, he is a definite trade candidate and he would be moved in an instant if he is having a nice year. I also heard the Cubs might consider using him as a leadoff hitter if he can prove to get on base enough, but again, this was in the same relayed stuff with talks of using him as a super-UTL ala Chone in his Anaheim days.

The guy is still what, 29? I think he could have a decent year and NL-Only teams should definitely be eyeballing him. 12+ leagues too, for that matter. As long as he can hit or keep his avg/obp above water, he'll run enough and play enough on this team to get a chance at least in the early going. All the hype about the prospects is going to result in a lot of disappointment, but I guess Olt and some of those guys are likelier to crack the roster and kind of forgotten about in the wake of the Baez and Bryant middle-infielders (or players of that caliber) in their minors. Olt feels like an odd man out to me though..one-trick pony I would personally look to package in a deal maybe. My .2

I would target Boni as a backup OF in leagues that don't require position specifics (i.e. LF, CF, RF...) since I think he should qualify there and 2B already. Does he qualify at SS? I don't think he played enough 3B to get there last season....

Great post.

And I saw that Bryant AB. Very impressive.

#16 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Wasn't it? I was joking with my father earlier in the day when visiting with him and he commented on the Cubs having 5 hits to the other team's 12 or so, and losing.... he's an old timer now ans all of that and really a Yanks fan at heart (to which I decided to get us each bleacher tix for one of Jeter's sendoffs here this May... looking forward to that esp. given how cheap it was! :) )...... I jokingly said, "well, don't look at the score of TODAY'S game (15-3 vs. Angels but had that Bryant BOMB)... I had not seen any highlights or anything beforehand, though, just saw the score. When I saw Trout's bomb off McDonald I was disappointed if only because I was pulling for him hard to get the 5th slot over Arrieta since it looks like he's a bit behind the rest of the SP and Rusin has been pretty crappy, with McDonald having shown some untapped talent in Pittsburgh finally coming out 2 yrs ago....but anyway, he got bombed to that grand slam but when I saw Bryant's homerun? DAMN. That kid cannot possibly spend the entire year in the minors as far as I'm concerned.

The Cubs have a LOT of depth up the middle as well as the corners (or 3B anyway). In Olt's best case scenario if not dealt elsewhere, or a burnout-type of prospect (he kind of fits the mold, as much I hate to say it, with Vitters being a complete afterthought now basically.... Olt didn't have nearly the fanfare and without Texas' park to bat half of his games in, I simply don't see him being the projected prospect that some saw a few seasons ago- at least not in Chicago).

I say this thinking of Chris Davis as I type it, but Olt doesn't have "Davis power" to my knowledge, does he? Besides that what i was going to say is if he isn't moved to LF, or platooned in some way or another (perhaps playing vs LHP in place of Rizzo if he can't adept to hitting lefties a bit better? But I feel like Olt himself has issues vs. left-handers, without checking and just thinking off the top of my head...if someone can verify that?). I don't think he fits this team, but I do think if the cards are dealt right, he could find himself to hold some value at a point in time wen the Cubs could use a power bat or potential SP, or perhaps they're in the middle of a deal in sending someone away.... he would make a nice toss-in to get a better haul if needed. I don't write him off as a player as much as I just don't see it happening in Chicago.
  • 96mnc likes this
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#17 FantasyFiend

FantasyFiend

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

He gonna get any playing time to be worth a roster spot just for SBs?

#18 mavsfan23

mavsfan23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

He gonna get any playing time to be worth a roster spot just for SBs?

I believe they named Barney the 2B, so that's not good news for a number of reasons. In an NL-only he's not a horrible guy to take a chance on since the guys playing in front of him aren't spectacular, but so far with the Cubs, neither is he.

In mixed leagues, he's a waiver guy for sure. I'd rather take a chance on Villar or Gordon at MI.
Baseball can't get here fast enough

#19 Wombat

Wombat

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

I bet he ends up with 400+ AB's anyway. He's the backup at every position, he's a guy who always weasels into playing time. I would take Dee or Villar over him too but those guys are more on the radar. Bonifacio is borderline for mixed but I would consider him if its a daily league. He will still steal whenever he plays.

#20 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

^ Agreed

If Gordon does crack the lineup and becomes an everyday player of course I'd look into him first, but before I even bothered, someone would overpay for the guy on name-value and because he plays for the Dodgers and has blazing speed and nothing more.... despite the fact he's not even hitting much better than he ever has, or hadn't been last I had checked.

Furthermore Villar is a SS/2B (or MI) extensively, no? I owned him last year quite a bit in my Yahoo! redraft when none other than another Cubs guy in Starlin Castro was making my head spin and I just benched him and gave Villar a quick run (no pun intended) 'til I landed a Scooter G. type or somebody similar to replace Villar...

All 3 are kind of not the best option, but Gordon isn't going to be the sleeper anymore if he cracks the roster and especially if he starts....and Villar is... I dunno, I don't think he carries the upside because he won't see as many AB or steal chances. Boni also qualifies at 2B, and the OF if I am not mistaking + 3B too...no? CI and MI isn't bad if so, and if he doesn't it may just be a matter of time with the Cubs' cast of 3rd basement at the moment, or until Baez or Bryant take over (or something surprising happens instead).

If I was betting on steals from any of the 3 and padding SB alone, with a .260-280 AVG and sub-par OBP from all 3, I would guess Boni would easily have the most steals (in the scenario all 3 compared as far as AB and stats go). I also think Bonifacio will wind up seeing the most AB and doing the most with them, too. He has looked bad in spring training, but it's spring training for a reason; Billy Burns looks like Rickey Henderson right now for the A's, so let's not get too carried away- better or worse.

Boni can sub in CF (and likely would/will-- and often) for Junior Lake who isn't the best defender (Emilio is as good in center as him right now, at least), 2B for Barney (who the Cubs probably won't bring back after this season, anyway... he is a strong non-tender candidate come the 2014-15 off-season- I think it is his final yr of arbitration and he'll be due a decent raise- but regardless... for all practical purposes it's all but a guarantee he won't be back a year from now), and then he should play some 3B but I guess it depends on how much and/or if he qualifies in your league already (played there last season I think for the first time in his career, no?...)

I don't know if he'll sub or start at SS at all but LF is also a spot he may play. He is a nice UTL man, but he needs to hit to be an option. That being said, Villar can't hit (and Boni is a better base stealer) very well either, and Dee is going to be overdrafted. I'll risk on Bonifacio as a late-game pick if any of the 3...
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users