88 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Top FA qb this year. Looking to be a stop gap and start.

Still a running threat, still not likely to play a full 16 games.

Had a good, albeit short run at the tough early last year.
Worth drafting if you wait and pairing with a Ben/Dalton type?

worth it is 2 qb leagues ( which is super underrated btw)

or just a source or easy dog related and injury jokes.

#2 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

I drafted him to pair with Romo this last season. It blew up in my face, and I will not do it again next year.

I hope Vick lands in Minnesota. It would be nice to have a little excitement return to the Vikings. Plus it would be fun to watch Peterson, Patterson, and Vick all on the field together.

#3 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

It completely depends on where Vick goes, but I don't think he's worth drafting unless it's as a backup. There's just no guarantee that he stays healthy or a starter even if he does land somewhere.

Team 1: Yo Soy Fiesta | 12-Team Dynasty PPR | 6-5 Record
QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: LeSean McCoy, Rashad Jennings, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde
WR: Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Andre Johnson, Brandon LaFell, Martavis Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Donte Moncrief
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce      K: Shayne Graham      D/ST: New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins

Team 2: Los Sucks Hughes Cox | 16-Team PPR IDP | 7-4 Record
QB: Tom Brady, Russell Wilson
RB: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Justin Forsett, Jerick McKinnon, Latavius Murray, Jonas Gray, Dan Herron
WR: Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Roddy White, Michael Floyd, Kenny Stills
TE: Larry Donnell, Kyle Rudolph
LB: DeAndre Levy, Paul Worrilow, Demario Davis, Jerrell Freeman
DL: Sheldon Richardson, Jerry Hughes
DB: Perrish Cox, Antoine Bethea      K: Dan Bailey

#4 LIONS FAN-dsn

LIONS FAN-dsn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

Top FA qb this year. Looking to be a stop gap and start.

Still a running threat, still not likely to play a full 16 games.

Had a good, albeit short run at the tough early last year.
Worth drafting if you wait and pairing with a Ben/Dalton type?

worth it is 2 qb leagues ( which is super underrated btw)

or just a source or easy dog related and injury jokes.

How do you mean this? Are you in agreement with me when I say 2QB leagues are AWESOME!? ;)

I had the Eagles QB last season, both Vick and Foles, won the championship b/c I also had Brees, definitely had the best QB tandem in my league last season.

Owning Vick you better be ready for the headaches. He's good enough to start on most 2QB rosters any given week for any team probably, but last year was tough on some owners b/c Foles turned out to not be just a flash in the pan afterall. That being said, Vick should be the starter for wherever he goes but as a stop-gap QB who will play as long as a team finds the replacement you MUST keep this in mind if he ends up on your team. Vick is prone to turnovers and injuries, but also just the same could be an excellent QB. I bet his value will be far lower than normal next season, so he will be a good guy to target in 2QB leagues by my estimations, but yea I'll be making sure to protect myself somehow some way with a Hoyer or something.

Vick should be finding a team any day now hey? What are some of the best potential landing spots for ol' Mike Vick?
Team 1: (12 Team PPR)
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - LeVeonBell
WR- Torrey Smith
WR- Golden Tate
TE - Kyle Rudolph
flex- Pierre Thomas
d/st- Bengals
K - Nick Folk

Bench: Ryan Mathews, Brandin Cooks, Khiry Robinson, Mike Evans, Colin Kaepernick

#5 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Vick should be finding a team any day now hey? What are some of the best potential landing spots for ol' Mike Vick?

There has been some speculation that he could land with the Jets. He could pair up there with his former OC from the Eagles, Marty Mornhinweg. Depending on what kind of contract he wants, the Jets could also sign some FA WR's to go along with him, such as Maclin and Sanders.

Things working against that move:

Vick likely wants to start, and the Jets would probably want a QB competition with Geno Smith.

The Jets will end up with an influx of young talent after this years draft (10-12 draft picks once compensatory picks are awarded) and may not want to go with an older QB.

GM John Idzik reputation is he likes to build for the long term, Mike Vick would not be a long term solution at QB.

The Jets have plenty of other needs (WR, TE, DB) and may not want to spend whatever money it takes to land Vick.

#6 StuPitt

StuPitt

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

There has been some speculation that he could land with the Jets. He could pair up there with his former OC from the Eagles, Marty Mornhinweg. Depending on what kind of contract he wants, the Jets could also sign some FA WR's to go along with him, such as Maclin and Sanders.

Things working against that move:

Vick likely wants to start, and the Jets would probably want a QB competition with Geno Smith.

The Jets will end up with an influx of young talent after this years draft (10-12 draft picks once compensatory picks are awarded) and may not want to go with an older QB.

GM John Idzik reputation is he likes to build for the long term, Mike Vick would not be a long term solution at QB.

The Jets have plenty of other needs (WR, TE, DB) and may not want to spend whatever money it takes to land Vick.

Don't see him going to the Jets. It would just add fuel to another QB controversy. I think the Jets want to avoid that.

In addition, what offensive weapons do the Jets have? As a QB the Jets would be my last choice. Who ever goes there is not likely yo succeed.

Edited by StuPitt, 18 February 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#7 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

The chiefs should get him with JC on the backfield. Pick your poison!

#8 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

There is a less than 0% chance the Chiefs sign him.

#9 keep it ONE hunnid

keep it ONE hunnid

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

There is a less than 0% chance the Chiefs sign him.

Alex Smith is a bum.

#10 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

not sure why fools are shooting out random teams.

Raiders- stop back option unless they trade up or confident is carr or that northern illionois qb
Vikes- even worse draft spot then raiders, might be in win-now mode with AP at his age so vicks short termness might not be so bad.
Bills- Ej manuel is just as injury prone but slower, a rookie, less accurate and doesn't have vicks strong arm.

Going to assume the Browns (who know what those baffons will do) or the Jags (Gus "Carolle Jr." Bradley is from an unorthadox line,...although Caldwell doesn't seem like he would go for it) do not trade back and open themselves to the stop-gap market.

#11 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

not sure why fools are shooting out random teams.

Just in case that was directed at me:

http://www.rotoworld...07/michael-vick

#12 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I consider the jets highly unlikely, but not necessary stupid for tossing the name out.

Cheifs is fully retarded.

I maintain Jets of all the "on the radar" team are at the tail end...it doesn't seem like a Idzik move....not like vick/marty was that great combo. vick/kelly seemed better in 1 offeseaon and few games.

Never though about the bucs tbh since I thought Glennon outperformed EJ/Geno. ........would be interesting though.

#13 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

Don't see him going to the bucs at all, but I agree it would be fun to see and a fit to see him in Minnesota.

As said here, bottom line is Vick can't stay healthy at this stage of his career so he should NOT be viewed as a QB1 in any circumstance.

#14 bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

last season in the draft someone dared me to pick Vick as im a Eagles fan, I did just that with my last round pick to be cocky, he was my back up but the first 4 weeks i started him and was rewarded well for it, then he went south and then got hurt, i guess i wouldnt pass on him but it wouldnt be till my last round and his purpose would be as my back up unless he goes off! then I start him :) This was in a 8 team 1 qb leauge and planty of QBs on the wire so not much risk as my back up

#15 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

not like vick/marty was that great combo. vick/kelly seemed better in 1 offeseaon and few games.

His best year passing as a pro was 2010 by far. His 2013 stats were not impressive (54% completion rate, 5 TDs, 3 INTs).

http://www.pro-footb.../V/VickMi00.htm

#16 dumherb1

dumherb1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

OAKLAND 2 YEARS 8 MILL - 5 MILL GUARANTEED - HE WILL BE GAP FOR EITHER MANZIEL, BRIDGEWATER, BORTLES OR GIARFFOLO FROM N. ILLINOIS

#17 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

OAKLAND 2 YEARS 8 MILL - 5 MILL GUARANTEED - HE WILL BE GAP FOR EITHER MANZIEL, BRIDGEWATER, BORTLES OR GIARFFOLO FROM N. ILLINOIS

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!
  • Iron-cock, Gains and WhatWouldDitkaDo like this

#18 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

So I took Mike Vick's stats as a starter in Mornhinweg's system (2010, 2011, 2012) and averaged them out to see what he'd have in a full season where he theoretically stuck to those averages.

16 game projection:

Total Yards :4699
TDs:28
Turnovers:21

Breakdown:

Passing Yards: 3969
Rush Yards: 730

Pass TD: 23
Rush TD: 5

He might be worth a look as your backup QB in 4 pt pass TD leagues, if you actually draft a backup QB.

Disclaimers:
1. His stats are skewed higher by 2010 which was the best in his career.
2. The Jets skill position players in 2014 probably won't be as good as the Eagles were in 10, 11 and 12.
3. The league may have caught up to Vick (http://www.cbssports...nses-solved-him)
4. Mike Vick never starts a full season.
5. It's the Jets.

#19 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Geno Smith looks ok in his first preseason game, but Vick has moved the offense much better (granted it is against the colts #2s)

#20 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

So let me get this straight. It's a bad thing for Vick to completely fine being a QB2? I thought that's what he was brought in NY to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users