62 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

All information for the combine should go in here including speculation, results, analysis, etc.

For dynasty owners, it's a must to keep track of the combine, just to see if anyone blows up (Chris Johnson, Vernon Davis) or if they bomb (Maurice Clarett).

Post em'.
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#2 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,242 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

How long is it being televised today?
"Any Given Pick Napa" 12-team Non-ppr Keeper League - Custom Scoring *2009, 2012, 2013 Champion*
2014 Keepers (Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, FJax)

#3 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

Adam SchefterVerified account@AdamSchefter
MANZIEL – 5’11 and ¾, 207 with 9 7/8 hands. BRIDGEWATER – 6’2 1/8, 214 with 9 ¼ hands. BORTLES – 6’5, 232 with 9 3/8 hands.

That's a pretty good size for Bridgewater although he still looks a bit thin.  Many thought Manziel would measuer 6'1".  Having seen him irl, there was no way that was going to happen, but he does have huge hands which helps him a ton....

#4 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

New helmet debuted for the Bucs....

What do we think of the Buccaneers new helmets? pic.twitter.com/WqisLtFotd

#5 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 21 February 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

New helmet debuted for the Bucs....

What do we think of the Buccaneers new helmets? pic.twitter.com/WqisLtFotd

It's just a Fathead of its old self.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#6 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Guys whose stock will soar/fall based on their efforts this weekend:

-Mike Evans - he shows any sub 4.55 40 time, he elevates to top 15 territory IMO.   Post a slower than 4.6 time, and he falls to late 1st (which history has shown to be a fool's guide to talent, but it's pretty much a given - while injury was his issue, look at Keenan Allen 2013, and in past, guys like Anquan Boldin).

-David Carr - he's throwing at the Combine, and needs an awesome workout to negate some of the issues raised on film with pocket skills that have dropped him outside of the top 3 (Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles).

-Teddy Bridgewater - the knock on him is his size and competition, both of which I think are far less important than advertised at this stage.  The fact he weighed in at 6'2", 214 is already going to help.    I don't think HOU is going to take him, though, as they seem to be locked into Manziel/Bortles more.  

(And yeah, hand size greater than 9" - neither of the big 3 QB's will be downgraded, as scouts & teams realize mobility combined with vision and strong hand size usually can negate lack of height).  

-Kadeem Carey - Carlos Hyde is the #1 back on most people's board, and Carey is somewhere around #2/3 RB.  He needs a good elusiveness workout along with 40 times to try and wrest that title away.  

-Darques Dennard - IMO the best CB in terms of cover skills / technique, but also clearly not as fast as some of the other guys.   A competent 40 time would produce a similar result to Evans, a very slow time might make him fall to the #3/#4/#5 CB taken (another mistake IMO).

EDIT:  Carr isn't throwing, Bortles is.  Doubt he can change his stock much with the drills alone.
TBD Baseball 2011 League Champion - 20 team, 7x7 (5x5 plus 2B+3B, BB, QS & Holds) Dynasty - Division winner, and squeaked through playoff finals!
AL-only 5x5, Roto - 2010 & 2011 league champion
RotoWood 2011 League Runner-Up - Mixed Roto regular season / H2H playoff 5x5 format - 3rd place reg. season, lost in finals

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

P.S. My passion is primarily FBB - you'd LOL at my football track record!

#7 egomaniac247

egomaniac247

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

Is it just me or did the combine get next-to-no advertisement compared to last year?

I had no clue the combine was on this weekend.

#8 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Greg Robinson, OL from Auburn, is absolutely doing some work.  32 on the bench with 35 inch long arms.  Just ran 4.84 40 with 1.68 10 yard splits.  He's probably working himself into the first OL taken.  He's pretty raw, but wow, the athleticism is off the charts.

#9 Fantasymaestro

Fantasymaestro

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Got to think Robinson moved over Matthews after today.If rams stay with pick, I think they either take Robinson or Watkins. Maybe Clowney if he gets sub 4.5
11-1 10 team ESPN mixed

C-Lucroy 1B-Moss 2B-Kipnis SS-Hanley 3B-Beltre 1B/3B-Donaldson 2B/SS-Alexei LF-Trout CF-Gomez RF-Cruz OF-Polanco OF-Cespedes Util-Frazier

Bench-Rios, Gennett, Butler, Kendrick, Dickerson
DL-Yelich

SP-Cueto, Wainwright
P-Cueto, Arietta, Gray, Buehrl, Alvarez
RP- Richards, Kuechel

Settings

HR-1 TB-1 RBI-1 R-1 K- -.5 SB-2 CS- -1 Grand Slam-2

IP-1.5 ER- -2 W-4 L -4  BB- -1 SO- 3 HB- 1 HR allowed- -1 NH-5 PG-7

#10 Corey In Da House

Corey In Da House

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Either one blocking for Stacy would be incredible.
10 Team ESPN Auction

QB: Cutler, Kaep, Roethlisberger.
RB: McCoy, Demarco, Chris Johnson, Jennings, Vereen
WR: Jordy, Maclin, Patterson, Crabtree, T. Williams
TE: Witten
DEF: Seahawks
K: Hauschka

"Traded Welker and D-Jax for Demarco and Maclin."

#11 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

looks like another Alabama bust. I swear lacy is the best player from bama in a long time.

#12 BigStuck

BigStuck

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Unofficial 40's

Odell Beckham: 4.31
Mike Evans: 4.47
Kelvin Benjamin: 4.59

#13 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostBigStuck, on 23 February 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Unofficial 40's

Odell Beckham: 4.31
Mike Evans: 4.47
Kelvin Benjamin: 4.59

Evans made himself a ton of $ today.   If Brandin Cooks posts good agility drill times, he's the other big winner so far.  Watkins will still be the consensus #1 WR IMO, but Evans cemented his top 15 overall status, and now Cooks has a shot to sneak into the 1st, as the Victor Cruz callouts are going to increase.
TBD Baseball 2011 League Champion - 20 team, 7x7 (5x5 plus 2B+3B, BB, QS & Holds) Dynasty - Division winner, and squeaked through playoff finals!
RotoWood 2011 League Runner-Up - Mixed Roto regular season / H2H playoff 5x5 format - 3rd place reg. season, lost in finals

Been a blast everyone - take care, and remember to abide by the CoC, and to help your fellow community out - it's what's made the Forum community great!

#14 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Love what I'm seeing from Cooks
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
C - Jonathan Lucroy (MIL - C, 1B)
1B - Edwin Encarnacion (Tor - 1B, 3B)
2B - Robinson Cano (Sea - 2B)
3B - Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B, 3B)
SS - Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
LF - Carlos Gonzalez (COL - LF)
CF - Corey Dickerson (Col - LF, CF)
RF - George Springer (Hou - CF, RF)
Util - David Wright (NYM - 3B)
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF)
Pitchers:(5 SP/5 RP)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee(DL), James Shields, Andrew Heaney, Jordan Zimmermann, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Carlos Martinez, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#15 RotoRaysfan

RotoRaysfan

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 17,357 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

In the WR class, Watkins' 4.34 time cemented his #1 WR status.  Evans' sub 4.5 time locks him in the #2 spot.   Beckham & Cooks both did what they had to do get into the 1st round consideration.  

Marquise Lee is going to fall - but much like Anquan Boldin & Keenan Allen, whoever gets him likely gets a great value IMO.   Not that he's the #1 wideout in this class (to me it's Watkins hands down), but if he fell out of the top 3-4, I think that would be forgetting just how good he was in his pre-2013 years.

#16 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

I hate to say it, because he's an aggy, but Mike Evans has an All-Pro smell to him......Big, strong, fast enough, and great agility and ball skills.  I'm a fan of Watkins, but I may gamble on Evans first if I was a GM.

#17 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Jarvis Landry wasn't having an impressive combine but now we are finding out he dropped out with a hamstring/calf injury

Donte Moncrief has helped his stock today
16 team H2H Dynasty league 6x6(R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG / W, S, K's, Hld, ERA, WHIP)

Hitters:
BN - Oswaldo Arcia (Min - LF, RF), Jean Segura (Mil - SS), Kole Calhoun (LAA - RF)
Starters: Clayton Kershaw, Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee(DL), James Shields, Andrew Heaney, Jordan Zimmermann, Corey Kluber, Ivan Nova(DL)
Relievers: Craig Kimbrel, Greg Holland, Sean Doolittle, Carlos Martinez, Joe Smith, Shae Simmons
Farm System: Marco Gonzales(StL - SP), Daniel Norris(TOR - SP), Ronald Guzman(TEX - 1B/OF), Dan Vogelbach(CHC - 1B), Blake Snell(TB - SP), Jose Martinez(Ari - SP), Hunter Dozier(KC - SS/3B), Adalberto Mejia(SF - SP)

#18 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Manziel with a 4.56 and 4.63.  Not a huge deal as if you're relying on your QB to run kickoff coverage then you're in trouble, but interesting to see.

Funny tweet of the day?

Fake SportsCenter@FakeSportsCentr  2h
Johnny Manziel runs 4.56 forty; almost a full second slower than he drinks one

#19 Tarheels_2433

Tarheels_2433

I'm the Looks, the Brains, & the Wildcard!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts
  • Interests:Sports are awesome.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostPatrick Bateman, on 23 February 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

I hate to say it, because he's an aggy, but Mike Evans has an All-Pro smell to him......Big, strong, fast enough, and great agility and ball skills.  I'm a fan of Watkins, but I may gamble on Evans first if I was a GM.

I tend to agree with this feeling - that Evans could turn out to be the best WR from this class.  Besides being big, strong, and just fast enough - you can't teach those ball skills - his ability to high-point a pass.  Just look at Jeffery's impact this season for the Bears - Evans is bigger/stronger, and ran a similar 40 time...
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

#20 Blood Brother

Blood Brother

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

4.34 and 4.37 for Watkins unofficial times

Hitters:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users