#1 mevins31

mevins31

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

I absolutely love this guy.

I think he'll be a Hall of Famer one day and win more Super Bowls than any QB in that draft.

I know he's a Seahawk and they're not a team that outwardly puts up QB numbers right now... but man are his numbers pretty two years in. Love watching this guy play and think he's incredibly safe for the next decade.
http://diamondhoggers.com - A baseball blog about everything baseball

#2 debrew81

debrew81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Where is your "Russell Wilson 2014 Season Outlook"?

#3 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

I see Wilson repeating his top-10 QB performance like in this past season, but I'm not sure that he'll crack the top 5. Seattle is not a pass happy team. I think Wilson will improve his numbers a little from last year with Harvin healthy, but he'll finish similarly with about 3,500 yds, 30 TDs, and about another 500 rushing yds.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#4 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

His fantasy numbers should improve with Harvin coming back and it's highly doubtful the defense repeats being THAT good. They'll still be top 5 D but they'll lose some guys to free agency. He's a true blue collar film room junkie like the manning/brees type so I expect him to legitimately improve his game every year

#5 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

I see him improving, but like ohwise said no way their defense is as good as it was this past season. Meaning less opportunities to score and have the ball in his hands. I think that'll wash with the fact Harvin coming back, but the always persistent "superbowl hangover" curse scares me. I'm also fearing him having such a good game in the super bowl raises his stock a little too high?

#6 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

good floor and limited ceiling between the run game and D.

No reason he doesn't do as good as last year.
few reasons he could do better then last year. (mostly harvin uping his stats until he breaks down with his next injury)

#7 abohnhoff

abohnhoff

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postbuckeyestilidie, on 22 February 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

I see him improving, but like ohwise said no way their defense is as good as it was this past season. Meaning less opportunities to score and have the ball in his hands. I think that'll wash with the fact Harvin coming back, but the always persistent "superbowl hangover" curse scares me. I'm also fearing him having such a good game in the super bowl raises his stock a little too high?

I interpreted the defense comment differently than you...if the defense falters a little bit they may actually be behind in a few games. More passing opportunities and possibly less chances to run the ball the entire 2nd half.

#8 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

View Postabohnhoff, on 25 February 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

View Postbuckeyestilidie, on 22 February 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

I interpreted the defense comment differently than you...if the defense falters a little bit they may actually be behind in a few games. More passing opportunities and possibly less chances to run the ball the entire 2nd half.
They only had really about 4 blowouts. Some were also against teams it'd be suspected against. I think it'll be a little give and take from both sides.

#9 youngrice

youngrice

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

I pains me to say it as a Niner fan but I really like Wilson.   Just a all around good guy with his head on straight.  Saying that I just couldn't not trust him as my fantasy QB.  He just isn't asked to do enough every game and will have way to many down weeks for my liking.

#10 IlliniGuy76

IlliniGuy76

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

View Postyoungrice, on 25 February 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I pains me to say it as a Niner fan but I really like Wilson.   Just a all around good guy with his head on straight.  Saying that I just couldn't not trust him as my fantasy QB.  He just isn't asked to do enough every game and will have way to many down weeks for my liking.

In a one QB league he will be a mid to fringe QB1.

In a 2 QB league he's a very strong QB to draft.
Harry Caray, 1984 Cubs locker room celebration, "And here we are!  I hope we all get loaded tonight!"

League 1:  10 team, 6 keepers, H2H cumulative categories. 2013 Championship Winner
Offensive categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, BA
Pitching categories:  W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QB, BSV
C: Gomes  1b: Votto 2b: Carpenter SS:  Segura 3b: Gyorko  INF: Morse OF: McCutcheon, Gomez, Kemp, Beltran UTIL: Belt  BN: Soriano, Miller, Ackley DL:  Middlebrooks

SP:  Fernandez, Wacha, Salazar, Ventura, Gio, Kluber, Tillman, Chavez RP: Rosenthal, Rodney, Hawkins, David Carpenter, Wilson

League 2:  12 teams, 6 keepers, H2H - one win, 2013 Championship Winner
Offensive categories:  R, HR, RBI, SB, BA, OPS, H
Pitching categories:  W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, TB
C:  Rosario 1b: Chris Davis 2b:  Pedroia, SS:  Castro 3b: Alvarez  OF:  Gomez, Mike Stanton, Hamilton UTIL: Ozuna, Morneau BN:  Miller, Frazier

SP:  Bum, Liriano, Burnett, Archer, Estrada, Perez, Tillman, Erasmo, Peralta RP: KRod, Cishek, Lindstrom  MIN:  Appel DL:  Latos, Kelly, Harrison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users