9 replies to this topic

#1 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Assuming Nicks moves on....what are the thoughts on Randle next year in a F/T #2 role?  

He put up 600 yds and 6 TDs as a #3....I think 1,000 yds and 9-10 TDs is possible if Eli bounces back a bit....really like him as a later grab as a #3/4 Fantay WRs...should have #2 WR upside....any thoughts?

#2 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

lot to like, Gilbrides system was not that good a fit for him and thus resulted in lots of eli's ints cause of wrong routes or communication

hard to judge the new system. Interested in what the g-men do about the oline. There winning streak did them no draft favors.

Will see on the price. he seems to be everyone favorite sleeper which might boost his price.

#3 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

He's got a lot of potential to grow. Both he and slot man #3 Wr Jernigan have major opportunities to succeed and will be on my radar, the question is who becomes Eli's new go to. I think RR has a shot at 10+ TDs being the only big man they have currently, but his yards and catches might be inconsistent. I'd love to draft him as my top back up #4 WR and think he could fill a 2/3 roll by seasons end

#4 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

good luck getting him at a WR4 price bro.

#5 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yeah it's all about value. That's why I might take a swing at Jernigan for much cheaper. I'm thinking he has less big plays and TDs but possibly more catches/consistency than randle

#6 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostGains, on 24 February 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

good luck getting him at a WR4 price bro.

Good point - seems to be gaining a lot of buzz....probably will have to take him as a #3 WR maybe more if he has a good pre-season/camp....still think there is big upside as long as price doesnt get too crazy.

#7 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Already mentioned, but it really does depend on the Giants improving their offensive line and their run game to give Eli a chance to make his throws. Talent-wise, I like Reuben Randle more than Michael Floyd, but I'd take Terrance Williams over him. I could see him reeling in 900 yards and 8 TDs next season.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#8 Gains

Gains

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Belive it or not romo is a better qb and more consistent then eli........would take T-will. Plus the boys OC is the lions ex OC so pass attempts should be up.

#9 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Randle's TD proneness was pretty nice last year, and stepping in as the true no2, I see no reason not to pull the trigger on the guy depending on the price. It's valid concerns that Jernigan could emerge as the guy stealing the spotlight. It seems either of these two will be the guy vulturing more of the production, not both. I'll have to decide which of these two youngsters emerge in 2014. Right now I'm probably leaning Randle.

And on the note of T-Will, I'll take my Baylor Bear over either NYG WR, provided Miles is gone. Beasley has a cemented yet limited role that will not get in the way of T-Will's deep threat intermediate role...whereas the Jernigan vs Randle conundrum is a bit of a coin flip at the moment. Hard to tell who emerges. Reminds me of when I was trying to choose between Jordy Nelson or James Jones back when the new no2 for A-Rod was up for grabs, too bad i went for James Jones argh!

#10 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Tough to commit to Terrance Williams this early without the benefit of seeing how Romo's recovery is coming along after his back surgery.
If Romo proves healthy, TWill will be solid... the Cowboy defense has the look of something my dog would release after a good meal, so opportunities will be plenty, even if he is 3rd in line.

Randle is a pro...He will be very solid and will be consistent.
I would like to see the GMen get another outside WR and move Cruz to the slot.  Jernigan can still have some plays scripted, but Cruz is the better option inside and it is the best use of his quickness.
This post is rated "G".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users