26 replies to this topic

#1 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Assuming Nicks moves on....what are the thoughts on Randle next year in a F/T #2 role?  

He put up 600 yds and 6 TDs as a #3....I think 1,000 yds and 9-10 TDs is possible if Eli bounces back a bit....really like him as a later grab as a #3/4 Fantay WRs...should have #2 WR upside....any thoughts?

#2 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

lot to like, Gilbrides system was not that good a fit for him and thus resulted in lots of eli's ints cause of wrong routes or communication

hard to judge the new system. Interested in what the g-men do about the oline. There winning streak did them no draft favors.

Will see on the price. he seems to be everyone favorite sleeper which might boost his price.

#3 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

He's got a lot of potential to grow. Both he and slot man #3 Wr Jernigan have major opportunities to succeed and will be on my radar, the question is who becomes Eli's new go to. I think RR has a shot at 10+ TDs being the only big man they have currently, but his yards and catches might be inconsistent. I'd love to draft him as my top back up #4 WR and think he could fill a 2/3 roll by seasons end

#4 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

good luck getting him at a WR4 price bro.

#5 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yeah it's all about value. That's why I might take a swing at Jernigan for much cheaper. I'm thinking he has less big plays and TDs but possibly more catches/consistency than randle

#6 Big Tuna

Big Tuna

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostGains, on 24 February 2014 - 12:33 AM, said:

good luck getting him at a WR4 price bro.

Good point - seems to be gaining a lot of buzz....probably will have to take him as a #3 WR maybe more if he has a good pre-season/camp....still think there is big upside as long as price doesnt get too crazy.

#7 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Already mentioned, but it really does depend on the Giants improving their offensive line and their run game to give Eli a chance to make his throws. Talent-wise, I like Reuben Randle more than Michael Floyd, but I'd take Terrance Williams over him. I could see him reeling in 900 yards and 8 TDs next season.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#8 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Belive it or not romo is a better qb and more consistent then eli........would take T-will. Plus the boys OC is the lions ex OC so pass attempts should be up.

#9 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Randle's TD proneness was pretty nice last year, and stepping in as the true no2, I see no reason not to pull the trigger on the guy depending on the price. It's valid concerns that Jernigan could emerge as the guy stealing the spotlight. It seems either of these two will be the guy vulturing more of the production, not both. I'll have to decide which of these two youngsters emerge in 2014. Right now I'm probably leaning Randle.

And on the note of T-Will, I'll take my Baylor Bear over either NYG WR, provided Miles is gone. Beasley has a cemented yet limited role that will not get in the way of T-Will's deep threat intermediate role...whereas the Jernigan vs Randle conundrum is a bit of a coin flip at the moment. Hard to tell who emerges. Reminds me of when I was trying to choose between Jordy Nelson or James Jones back when the new no2 for A-Rod was up for grabs, too bad i went for James Jones argh!

#10 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Tough to commit to Terrance Williams this early without the benefit of seeing how Romo's recovery is coming along after his back surgery.
If Romo proves healthy, TWill will be solid... the Cowboy defense has the look of something my dog would release after a good meal, so opportunities will be plenty, even if he is 3rd in line.

Randle is a pro...He will be very solid and will be consistent.
I would like to see the GMen get another outside WR and move Cruz to the slot.  Jernigan can still have some plays scripted, but Cruz is the better option inside and it is the best use of his quickness.
This post is rated "G".

#11 Trailblazer24

Trailblazer24

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

So with the Beckham pick what does that do to his value?
12 Team PPR  - 4 Player Keeper  - 2012 Champ

QB Matt Ryan
RB Matt Forte
RB Danny Woodhead
RB/WR Darren Sproles
WR/Dez Bryant
WR AJ Green
WR Torrey Smith
TE Jimmy Graham

Bench:
Michael Floyd, Reuben Randle, Stephen Hill, Michael Bush, Jordan Reed, Terrance Williams, Chris Givens,

#12 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostTrailblazer24, on 14 May 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

So with the Beckham pick what does that do to his value?

That's the golden question.  Everyone has their opinion on this.  Take a look in the ODB thread to see more on it.
2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#13 kobe24

kobe24

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

I think it absolutely hurts his outlook. Reports are saying the giants don't trust randle as a number 2 wr. The obj picks confirms that

#14 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,174 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

A little competition might be helpful. It's not as if there was ever a chance of Nicks being healthy or Barden being anything other than Robrain's pet rotoworld forum project.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#15 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hard Call lots of dropped balls but its not like Eli's passes were stellar either.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy   (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings    (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson   (GB - WR)
Colts   (Defense)
Phil Dawson   (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates   (SD - TE)
Matt Forte   (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams         (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron   (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell   (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#16 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:18 AM

Never fully understood the old playbook, hopefully the new offense allows him to think less and just play.

Still think Cruz/ODB/Jernigan end up the top 3 WR with Randle serving as a role player, but he could be in for a breakout if he finally "gets it" this year. They've already said Cruz will be used as the slot WR so he's definitely got the size advantage to warrant starting outside.

Manningham's a name to monitor too ... huge question mark health wise, but he's great after the catch and would be their best deep threat option - if healthy.

Someone is going to break out in this new offense, I just can't tell if it's Randle/Jernigan/Robinson yet. I'll probably end up grabbing Cruz and then handcuff late with Jernigan. I think Cruz is in for a top 10 WR type season.

#17 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

Randle will likely finish about 30-50 points behind Cruz and be able to be drafted about 6 rounds later.  Consider me a Randle owner.  All day.
2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#18 qcolts

qcolts

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

I see ODB as the number 2 WR in an improved offense, even though I hate Eli . There is a difference in talent between ODB and randle. ODB is a YAC playmaker. I see similarities between Percy harvin and ODB. If ODB stays out of coughlin's doghouse I think randle is the 3rd wr at best.

#19 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:00 AM

I am about to join the train:

Rueben Randle says the Giants' new offensive staff has approached him about adding slot receiver snaps to his repertoire.

"They were talking to me about coming in on the inside," Randle said, "using my big body in the seams. Whatever they need me to do, I’ll do it." Randle is playing the role occupied by Jordy Nelson in Green Bay, from where new OC Ben McAdoo hails. McAdoo likely wants to be able to move around his receivers frequently, like the Packers' wideouts do. Victor Cruz should remain the Giants' primary slot man, but more snaps there could further boost Randle's outlook. Jun 19 - 10:58 PM

Rotoworld League: 14-team 0.5 PPR.
Check out the thread in "Your League" Forums. Thread: "2014 Rotoworld Mock Real League"

Draft Day: July 25th, 12pm CST. Be there.

QB:
RB1:
RB2:
WR1:
WR2:
W/R/T:
W/R/T:
TE:
DEF:
K:

Bench:

#20 chiefdog

chiefdog

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

So I recently have been drafting both Randle and O. Beckam Jr. in back to back rounds usually around 11-12. I figure I at least get one top 30 receiver out of this mash up as long as there is a clear cut winner. Thoughts on this? Anybody else considering this type of pairing in their draft?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users