187 replies to this topic

#1 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:32 AM

Sadly (unless the player is on the other guys team) not all players can break out. Some fubar t-rich your season.

Some are simply poor performing T-rich
Some can't get out of their own way Blackmon/Ridley
Some are just 99% hype Zac Sudfeld

Who are the busts of 2014 that will take your dreams and make believe you are ray rice's fiance as they proceed to KO your season.

Qbs- Dalton- did super well fantasy wise last year...but is going from Gruden to Hue
        Peyton- will he be bad? nope. But people simply tend not to follow record breaking career years with                      even more record breaking career years.

Wr- Harvin - People have short memories. Especially if the media helps you forget or it was a SB
                    He is made of glass,1 game doesn't change that,.even DMC plays a few games each year.
       Wayne-35 year old coming off ACL surgery. HOFer doesn't mean he isn't human.
       Garcon- likely less targets then last year even if Gruden is pass happy. Better skins D and his foot
                     is supposedly chronic

RB  - Lynch- tons of carries recently 1st rounder,if he misses time he is not worth the cost
         Foster- once the wheels are off they are off....you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. also                      no kubiak

TE- Walker- had much much better success with Fitz then Locker

K- Lol kick is a horrible idea for fantasy
D/ST FIns- Divison had JETs and Pats at way below normal levels of O, got to face AFC north

#2 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Reggie Bush: 29-year-old RB coming off a career-high number of touches with Joique Bell waiting in the wings. No thanks.

Josh Gordon: I know he's produced with whomever has thrown him the ball, but you just never know what's going to happen with new coaches and a new QB. Coming off such a ridiculous year, I think his numbers will regress to the point that he's not worth close to the early-second-round price tag.

Antonio Brown: Another WR who will be overdrafted coming off what will likely be a career-best season. I think he'll have a solid year, at least in PPR, but will not live up to his WR1 price tag. 5'10" WRs simply do not score TDs, and 110-catch seasons just do not happen that often for guys not named Welker or Marshall.

#3 bleedgreen

bleedgreen

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Mike Vick  lol made of glass after week 8

#4 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

QBs: Dalton- likely more of a run based offense
         Newton- a QB1 but will be up and down and drafted too early for my comfort
RBs:  Lynch- expect a slight timeshare and more passing
          Buffalo RBs- expect frustrations and falling behind early
          Stacy- tough schedule and a loaded box coming soon
          Moreno- regardless of team he'll be overrated
          Gore- talent and best years are right behind him
WRs:  Gordon- likely overpriced and should be keyed in on by defense
           Julio- always injured and inconsistent
TEs:  Davis- strictly based on price and boom or bust

#5 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Wes Welker - Father time finally catching up to him. Doesn't get targeted like he did in NE.

#6 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:10 AM

I agree with Harvin, Bush and Stacy.  They all have bust appeal based on where they will end up being drafted. I'm going to add DeSean Jackson to the list.  I had him this year and loved the production he put up, but no way does he do it 2 years in a row.  And with Maclin now resigned and Cooper with a longer term deal, I think it gets crowded quickly. I'm going to also add Foles to the list as he'll be drafted as a weekly starter but I think will end up no better than a match up play.
Da Bears!

#7 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

View Postfredth3cat, on 28 February 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Reggie Bush: 29-year-old RB coming off a career-high number of touches with Joique Bell waiting in the wings. No thanks.

Josh Gordon: I know he's produced with whomever has thrown him the ball, but you just never know what's going to happen with new coaches and a new QB. Coming off such a ridiculous year, I think his numbers will regress to the point that he's not worth close to the early-second-round price tag.

Antonio Brown: Another WR who will be overdrafted coming off what will likely be a career-best season. I think he'll have a solid year, at least in PPR, but will not live up to his WR1 price tag. 5'10" WRs simply do not score TDs, and 110-catch seasons just do not happen that often for guys not named Welker or Marshall.

Gordon is a really good call here too.  He'll be drafted late first early second, but I can seem regression.  Not his fault mind you, but I just see the Browns being a mess and him suffering for it.
Da Bears!

#8 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

I can definitely see the Djax regression too. He's coming off a career year but his targets are very likely to drop. Drafted as a WR 2 but might produce more like a 3. Maclin has always been a fantasy beast just rarely plays 16 games

#9 PackersFan1979

PackersFan1979

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostGreatScott!, on 01 March 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

View Postfredth3cat, on 28 February 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Gordon is a really good call here too.  He'll be drafted late first early second, but I can seem regression.  Not his fault mind you, but I just see the Browns being a mess and him suffering for it.

Browns are always a mess. Gordon put up those numbers even with multiple QB's

Im a little more confident than most about the Browns. Hoyer was decent when he played, and chances are they are going to land one of the better rookie QB's. They also have a ton of cap space at the moment, and I am sure they are going to shore up the oline a bit while probably picking up a decent enough RB in FA

I think their biggest issue is with another WR, which is really running thin at the moment if they draft a QB. FA pickings are slim this year, which could see more coverage for Gordon. Still, Im buying second round if Green and Thomas are gone.

With regards to Brown, he built some really good chemistry with Roeth. Earlier in the season there was not much going his way, and the vast majority of his receptions came after week 5 or 6 I think. If you have an entire season of that, you are looking at way more than 110 receptions.

I think 100 receptions would be his floor, and with that sort of opportunity he is worth a 3rd round pick in a 12 man std scoring league in my book.

Edited by Whoremonger, 01 March 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#10 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

Only thing Gordon will be busting is more records.  Look, it doesn't matter who is throwing him the ball, he proved that last year.  And you don't think defenses were keying on him at the end of last year when he was tearing up defenses?  He abused Talib and the genius coach in a game where I was doubting him going into it.  You can't stop the kid, he can only stop himself if he decides to smoke the green or drink the purp.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#11 Thad

Thad

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

View PostGains, on 28 February 2014 - 04:32 AM, said:

Some are just 99% hype Zac Sudfeld

I've never seen anyone as hyped as him not only get a goose egg in the fantasy point column, but he didn't even remain on the team halfway through the season. I was ticked that I wasn't able to draft him in any of my 6 leagues. When I think back and remember that, I can't help but laugh. Funny how things work out.

Harvin busts this year I think. So does Jordan Cameron. Without Turner or Chudzinski, there's no way he produces at all.

#12 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

He remained on the pats for several weeks..........was released...........picked off the waivers by the jets.

only saw snaps in  one game when cucumber was hurt... he caught something like 2 or 3 passes for 20 something yards.

#13 hotel06

hotel06

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Wr- Harvin - People have short memories. Especially if the media helps you forget or it was a SB
He is made of glass,1 game doesn't change that,.even DMC plays a few games each year.

He's only been injured twice in 4 seasons.  Just because he missed all of this past season due to an offseason hip injury doesn't mean he's "made of glass."  That's a stupid argument.

#14 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Agree on Harvin...coming into last year, he had only missed 3 or 4 games in his career.   Plus, not sure a guy can be bust coming off a one reception season.  If anything, maybe a sleeper.  I don't think he will be in most top 10 WR lists and he sure has the potential to be a top 10 WR as he has been for stretches during his career.

I do love me some Josh Gordon but I totally agree on this assessment.  The expectations on this guy are through the roof and logically, its hard to make an agrument that he can keep doing what he did.  He had no great QB and no other significant offensive weapons to keep teams from keying on him.   I think he is still a super stud but not sure he can repeat what he did as it really defied logic.

#15 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

View Posthotel06, on 04 March 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

He's only been injured twice in 4 seasons.  Just because he missed all of this past season due to an offseason hip injury doesn't mean he's "made of glass."  That's a stupid argument.
He has only played one 16 game season in his five year career, and if I remember correctly he left early in at least one of those games due to a migraine. He only played one game this last year, and nine the year before. He's injury prone, and susceptible to migraines.

He is made of glass. Arguing otherwise is ignoring the facts.

#16 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,350 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostRob_P, on 04 March 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Agree on Harvin...coming into last year, he had only missed 3 or 4 games in his career.   Plus, not sure a guy can be bust coming off a one reception season.  If anything, maybe a sleeper.  I don't think he will be in most top 10 WR lists and he sure has the potential to be a top 10 WR as he has been for stretches during his career.

I do love me some Josh Gordon but I totally agree on this assessment.  The expectations on this guy are through the roof and logically, its hard to make an agrument that he can keep doing what he did.  He had no great QB and no other significant offensive weapons to keep teams from keying on him.   I think he is still a super stud but not sure he can repeat what he did as it really defied logic.

Well actually he missed 3 games his first three season but has only played in 10 games his past two.  So it's not that he is "made of glass," but just that he has missed more in recent memory so it is more fresh on people's minds.  I might be in the minority but I just don't see what people love about this guy so much.  Unless you are in a league that rewards return yards, 2011 was really his only noteworthy season, and his only full 16 game season.
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Pierre Garçon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Mike Williams
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF:
K:

Bench:
DeAngelo Williams, Marvin Jones

#17 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

What is the highest he has finished by the end of the season?  I know he has been a top receiver at certain points during a season, but unfortunately that doesn't really define a top receiver.

DEF:
K:

Bench:
DeAngelo Williams, Marvin Jones

#18 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostToO_BaD, on 04 March 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

What is the highest he has finished by the end of the season?  I know he has been a top receiver at certain points during a season, but unfortunately that doesn't really define a top receiver.
If I drafted him it'd be for trading after he plays a nice two or three week stretch. He's always had a couple weeks where he shines and that'd be the time to maximize profits on him.

#19 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I really like both of these players when they're playing on the field but they both have their risks. Your draft is all about getting bang for your buck and I'm afraid neither of these guys will be available when I'm comfortable taking them. There will be a guy I feel is safer available 9 outta 10 drafts.

Gordon will likely be a top 12 pick in my PPR leagues and I'd rather take him mid second. The suspension risk plus unknown QB with little chemistry AND defenses doubling/tripling him up have me taking guys like Green Marshall and Brown just before him.

Harvin is a beast and can put up WR1 numbers but I wouldn't touch him till the 4th or so. I'd take the chance of him being my 2/3 depending how many I take early but you have to expect a few games missed and less of a need to pass in their ground and pound win with defense organization.

#20 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

View Postbuckeyestilidie, on 04 March 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostToO_BaD, on 04 March 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

If I drafted him it'd be for trading after he plays a nice two or three week stretch. He's always had a couple weeks where he shines and that'd be the time to maximize profits on him.

Well I would have to get him at a decent price in order to do that, which I don't see happening.  I would want to make sure that I feel comfortable essentially forfeiting a draft round in case he suffers another injury or just doesn't pan out and then I get stuck with him - much like what happened in some instances with TRich last year.  There is too much risk in drafting someone with the hope of just trading them away.

DEF:
K:

Bench: