#1 v0dka

v0dka

I ♥ football

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

https://twitter.com/...499744164212736

WR Jeremy Maclin and Eagles have reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

It's been a busy couple of days for the Eagles wide receivers. Avant released, Maclin and Cooper re-signed.
@MikeBaileyNFL

#2 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

The only Eagles WR I would target as of right now is Jackson until we see whether Cooper or Maclin will take the WR2 spot. I think that Maclin is more talented, but Cooper obviously has more rapport with Foles from last season. The Eagles offense is high tempo and will score plenty of TDs, but I feel like they are going to be running a system that doesn't benefit any particular WR, much like the Saints.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#3 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

WhatWouldDitkaDo, on 28 February 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

The only Eagles WR I would target as of right now is Jackson until we see whether Cooper or Maclin will take the WR2 spot. I think that Maclin is more talented, but Cooper obviously has more rapport with Foles from last season. The Eagles offense is high tempo and will score plenty of TDs, but I feel like they are going to be running a system that doesn't benefit any particular WR, much like the Saints.

I agree with that to an extent. I think Jackson and coopers values are negatively affected but all 3 will be fantasy useful throughout the year. Ill target jax as a WR2, Mac as a 3 who will perform like a 2 but always seems to miss a few games, and cooper as a flex who sees a major boost if any injuries occur. Some might think handcuffing WRs is silly but in a high octane offense like Philly it could pay dividends to have some insurance

#4 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

v0dka, on 28 February 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

WR Jeremy Maclin and Eagles have reached agreement on a one-year deal, per source.

It's been a busy couple of days for the Eagles wide receivers. Avant released, Maclin and Cooper re-signed.
When did they release Avant, I knew they were thinking about it but did they actually do it?
Winning gold is simple, you just have to be the best in the world at it.

#5 v0dka

v0dka

I ♥ football

• Moderators
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Ddam2013, on 28 February 2014 - 07:07 PM, said:

v0dka, on 28 February 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

When did they release Avant, I knew they were thinking about it but did they actually do it?

True, my mistake. They haven't officially released Avant, but they're expected to before his $1M roster bonus is due on March 15th.
@MikeBaileyNFL

#6 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

WhatWouldDitkaDo, on 28 February 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Speaking my language...D-Jax really came back to stardom last year, but every Philly WR, even D-Jax, will want more pass attempts next year but won't get them. Let's be honest, this offense is Lesean McCoy getting his first and foremost, THEN everyone else, getting Foles going.

I can easily see Cooper and Maclin canceling eachother out next year, switching off on big plays from week-to-week. Both I can see being mind-numbingly inconsistent wr3's. Whereas D-Jax will be a slightly overpriced low-end WR1 in my eyes, I think I'll prefer a couple other WR's around where his adp will be.

This passing attach is loaded with talent, but too much talent in terms of fantasy, to where D-Jax is the only true and nice fantasy asset.

#7 QFFL

QFFL

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

I don't think Eagle offense can feed 3 fantasy worthy WRs at the same time. I will stay away from any of their WRs as my No. 2 WR. But they might worth the price as WR3, but which one to start in any given week is anyone's guess.

Edited by QFFL, 01 March 2014 - 06:34 PM.

QFFL Draft Masters

#8 aporter727

aporter727

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

QFFL, on 01 March 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

I don't think Eagle offense can feed 3 fantasy worthy WRs at the same time. I will stay away from any of their WRs as my No. 2 WR. But they might worth the price as WR3, but which one to start in any given week is anyone's guess.

Weren't we saying the same thing about the Bronco's WRs last year?

Yes, they're all much more talented in Denver, but it's still a possibility that their WRs all manage to produce.
12 Team PPR

QB - Nick Foles, Jay Cutler
WR - Pierre Garcon, Roddy White, Eric Decker, Keenan Allen, Kendall Wright
RB - Jamaal Charles, Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen, Andre Brown, Ben Tate
TE - Tony Gonzalez, Dennis Pitta
D/ST - Buffalo
K - Phil Dawson

#9 Thad

Thad

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:42 AM

I don't think Foles can spread the ball like Peyton (can anyone?). This receiving corps is way too deep for any one of them to make a serious impact. Not to mention Shady will get his touches and Ertz taking red zone targets away. I see Maclin going 60-800-7 at the VERY best this year. That said, in this offense there really isn't any reason for Foles not to be a top 5 QB if he stays healthy and runs this offense exactly as he did last year, but that's for another thread.

#10 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

aporter727, on 02 March 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

QFFL, on 01 March 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

Weren't we saying the same thing about the Bronco's WRs last year?

Yes, they're all much more talented in Denver, but it's still a possibility that their WRs all manage to produce.
I think because they got a guy named Peyton Manning? Lol Nick Foles is no Manning and the run games much stronger in Philly than Denver. They have a top 3 back in McCoy and he's the real key to their success which is the opposite in Denver. I also don't think the weapons in Denver compare to those in Philly. Denver has two top five options while Philly doesn't. For Maclin I think Cooper really hurts his value. I definitely don't see a thousand yards or double digit touchdowns. Especially if Ertz becomes more involved.

#11 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Smart move by Maclin to get into an offense where he can put up some big numbers on a "prove it" deal and maybe have a chance for a big contract after next season.
Rotoworld League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6 point passing TDs
Check out the thread in "Your League" Forums. Thread: "2014 Rotoworld Mock Real League"

Draft currently in progress...

QB: Tom Brady
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Marshawn Lynch
WR1: Vincent Jackson
WR2: Anquan Boldin  
W/R/T: Doug Martin
W/R/T: Emmanuel Sanders
TE:  Charles Clay
DEF: San Francisco
K:

Bench:
RB: Christine Michael, Darren McFadden
WR: Kenny Stills, Miles Austin

#12 JayCutler

JayCutler

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Frankly, I won't touch Maclin unless it's just filling a roster spot in round 14 or lower.

#13 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Maclin will be someone who falls in drafts.  I'd take him as a flex player with a chance to be something more.  I don't believe D-Jax will have the same type of year as he did last year.
Da Bears!

#14 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

The Eagles' offense is somewhat similar to the Saints' offense (not comparing Foles to Brees obviously), but with a much stronger running game. I'm avoiding using a high round pick on any of their WRs, because I think Foles will spread it around. If I had to take a 1st rounder on the Eagles or a late rounder on the Eagles, it would be McCoy or Ertz.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#15 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

Good, high upside pick in the later rounds. Could provide the same production as DJax will get next year, at a fraction of the pricetag.
2014 RW Mock Real League: 14 team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts

Draft currently in progress in the "Your League" Forum.

QB: Colin Kaepernick
RB1: Giovani Bernard
RB2: Bishop Sankey
WR1: Jeremy Maclin
WR2: Terrance Williams
W/R/T: Stevan Ridley
W/R/T: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Rob Gronkowski
Bench: Zach Ertz, Eric Ebron, Dexter McCluster, Charles Sims

#16 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

If D-Jax leaves where does everyone see him going? I think he could be a great gamble pick if so. Granted he has no experience with Maclin, but I'm interested to see how it pans out. I think he may be a little higher than he was due to him being labeled the number one on the depth chart.

#17 Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

buckeyestilidie, on 26 March 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

If D-Jax leaves where does everyone see him going? I think he could be a great gamble pick if so. Granted he has no experience with Maclin, but I'm interested to see how it pans out. I think he may be a little higher than he was due to him being labeled the number one on the depth chart.

He's a phenomenal gamble pick.  I think he'll be a 6-8 rounder, though (if DJax leaves).  The only thing I'm worried about with Maclin is whether he's 100% in 2014.  He's a more complete WR than DJax which should only mean good things in this offense.  Maclin was an equal or better fantasy WR than DJax for 3 straight years heading into 2013.  If fully healthy, he should be a bargain no matter the scenario in Philly this year.  I found this article for those bored at work:  http://www.bleedingg...-maclin-replace

#18 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Nobody Special, on 27 March 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

buckeyestilidie, on 26 March 2014 - 05:59 PM, said:

He's a phenomenal gamble pick.  I think he'll be a 6-8 rounder, though (if DJax leaves).  The only thing I'm worried about with Maclin is whether he's 100% in 2014.  He's a more complete WR than DJax which should only mean good things in this offense.  Maclin was an equal or better fantasy WR than DJax for 3 straight years heading into 2013.  If fully healthy, he should be a bargain no matter the scenario in Philly this year.  I found this article for those bored at work:  http://www.bleedingg...-maclin-replace
Maclin was a capable receiver two years ago with Nick foles as a rookie. Now with Foles developing and D-jax gone, he will be at least a high end WR2 if he can stay healthy (i know that's a really big if) that you will be able to get in the middle rounds. I don't see this affecting nick foles value at all, like a lot of the Eagles players have said they can plug any fast player in there and be fine.

#19 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

I like Cooper more than Maclin. Always hurt plus Foles and Cooper had a great connection last season. Just my opinion

#20 Ddam2013

Ddam2013

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

OrangeCrush, on 28 March 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

I like Cooper more than Maclin. Always hurt plus Foles and Cooper had a great connection last season. Just my opinion
The only time Maclin,Cooper and foles played together was weeks 9-15 in 2012. During that time Cooper had a 7-70-1 line compared to maclin's line of 33-408-3. D-jax got hurt in week 11 and Cooper was acting as the defacto number 2 wr. So if anything I would say maclin and foles have more chemistry because when Cooper and maclin were on the field together files looked towards maclin much more than cooper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users