23 replies to this topic

#1 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

This deadline is the year of the goalies.  Bryzgalov to Minny, Fasth to Edmonton, Luongo to Florida, Halak and Miller switch teams.  Markstrom goes to Vancouver

Rumour has Halak being dealt again before long.

Glad for Luongo.  What a mess that was in Van.   Edmonton started the year with Dubnyk and Labarbera and now have Scrivens and Fasth.  Good upgrades there.  

Disappointed with Halak getting dealt.  I was starting to surge with him in my roto pool and now he's lost about 10-15 wins down the stretch while the guy I'm chasing has Miller.  Ugh.  I also have Stewart which won't help me either.

To be honest, Miller is an upgrade but don't know if it was necessary for the Blues to do that deal.  Sometimes screwing with chemistry is a bad thing.

These goalie moves are going to impact a lot of fantasy leagues I figure.

#2 clayboy70

clayboy70

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Gdon do you thin the Red Wings will land Kessler or Byfuglien or anybody??

#3 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

I haven't heard their name come up anywhere.  I think they are pretty solid against the cap to land a big fish and I think they are just waiting to get everyone healthy again.  Holland has never been a big deadline day guy if I recall.

#4 th3ory

th3ory

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

View Postgdon, on 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

To be honest, Miller is an upgrade but don't know if it was necessary for the Blues to do that deal.  Sometimes screwing with chemistry is a bad thing.

It was a really bad trade for St Louis.  Miller is not much better than Halak and they gave up a first round pick and a talented grinder in Stewart to get him.

#5 muggsy_bogues

muggsy_bogues

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:sports, sports, sports, women, sports, cars, collecting memorabilia, sports, hockey, fantasy sports!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Glad I held onto Miller! I'm hoping to make a strong playoff push in my league. Currently in first. I snagged Lack too as my third goalie.

2014-2015 10 Team Fantasy Football 2QB Non PPR League (5 Keepers)
QBs: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer, Jake Locker, Michael Vick
RBs: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Shane Vereen, Steven Jackson, Knile Davis
WRs: Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Emmanuel Sanders, Riley Cooper, Jarrett Boykin, Marqise Lee
TEs: Dennis Pitta, Jordan Reed
D/ST: Patriots, Saints
K: Robbie Gould

12 Team H2H Fantasy Baseball
C: Salvador Perez, Vogt
1B: Steve Pearce, Kennys Vargas
2B: Rendon, Jedd Gyorko, Dustin Ackley
3B: Fraizer, Arenado
SS: Hardy, Danny Santana
OF: C. Gomez, Ellsbury, Yelich, Carl Crawford, Avisail Garcia, Oscar Taveras
SP: Sonny Gray, Archer, Arrieta, Odorizzi, M. Fiers, T. Wada, Carlos Carrasco
RP: Koji Uehara, Eric O'Flaherty
DL: Jose Fernandez, Darvish, Goldschmidt, Cargo, Ryu

#6 Preparing the Kool-Aid

Preparing the Kool-Aid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

How do you see Luongo performing? I dropped him for Rinne, so I'm curious...
12 Team Daily Roto. 9 Cat. (Punt FT; Finished 2nd)

Team:

Chalmers / Curry / Jack / Marshall

Ariza / Butler / J. Green / Leonard / Marion

Dieng / Drummond / Hibbert / Howard

#7 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

any thoughts on how St.Louis will do in NY? Back on a line with his old teammate, Brad Richards
10 Team H2H (ESPN) - 7 Keepers

C- Mesoraco
1B - Freeman
2B - Walker
SS - Harrison
3B - Longoria
1B/3B - Beltre
2B/SS - Hanley
UTIL - Wright
OF - Ellsbury, Calhoun, Cruz, Hamilton
Bench - Cargo, Tulo

SP - Wainwright, Cueto, Kazmir, Zimmerman, Cain, Kluber, Paxton, Roark
RP - Jansen, Soriano, K-Rod, Doolittle, Janssen

#8 clayboy70

clayboy70

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

I think St.Lous will flourish in NY better than he did with the Bolts!! not that I know anything Squid just my opinion..

#9 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

View Postclayboy70, on 06 March 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

I think St.Lous will flourish in NY better than he did with the Bolts!! not that I know anything Squid just my opinion..

LOL....no worries. Just traded for him in my league

C- Mesoraco
1B - Freeman
2B - Walker
SS - Harrison
3B - Longoria
1B/3B - Beltre
2B/SS - Hanley
UTIL - Wright
Bench - Cargo, Tulo

#10 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

I think St. Louis will do about the same as he did with the Bolts.  He's a top player who has always been consistent.  I think getting him was a good choice.  Can't go wrong getting an Art Ross winner.

#11 squidthunder

squidthunder

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

View Postgdon, on 06 March 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

I think St. Louis will do about the same as he did with the Bolts.  He's a top player who has always been consistent.  I think getting him was a good choice.  Can't go wrong getting an Art Ross winner.

Hopefully he can get the chemistry going with Richards again....

C- Mesoraco
1B - Freeman
2B - Walker
SS - Harrison
3B - Longoria
1B/3B - Beltre
2B/SS - Hanley
UTIL - Wright
Bench - Cargo, Tulo

#12 th3ory

th3ory

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:20 PM

View Postth3ory, on 05 March 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

View Postgdon, on 04 March 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

It was a really bad trade for St Louis.  Miller is not much better than Halak and they gave up a first round pick and a talented grinder in Stewart to get him.
I bet STL wish they had that pick back now.

#13 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

It was a worthwhile shot for STL trading for Miller. Big question now in the offseason as to whether he stays there or not. The Blues took a shot, got to admire them for having the balls to go for it. Doesn't always work out though. Look at the Islanders trading for Vanek early in the season.

#14 th3ory

th3ory

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

They traded for Vanek because they gave up Moulson - knowing they'd get value for Vanek as well.  It was a bad trade by STL from the get go.  At no point was Miller worth giving up a 1st round pick over Halak as the difference between the two is minimal.

#15 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

View Postth3ory, on 29 April 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

It was a bad trade by STL from the get go.  At no point was Miller worth giving up a 1st round pick over Halak as the difference between the two is minimal.

And Stewart is better than Ott.

The only saving grace for St. Louis is that they have Allen on the farm and I think he could be better than all of them.  I see them re-signing Miller and bringing Allen up from farm and they go 60-40 next year, 50-50 the year after and they trade Miller and let Allen take the reins if he hasn't already by that point.

#16 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

At no point was Miller worth giving up a 1st round pick over Halak as the difference between the two is minimal.

The difference between Halak and Miller is hardly minimal. If it was so minimal, Blues brass would have been confident moving forward with the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs with Halak. They weren't. Whether he was worth giving up a 1st round pick is certainly debatable. You have to give to get though. Buffalo wasn't going to give him away and had several suitors.

My point about the Islanders trading for Vanek early in the season was just to illustrate that sometimes GMs want to go for it and hope a trade brings them to that next level. The Isles, coming off a playoff appearance last spring and giving the Pens all they could handle, was hoping Vanek would be a serious offensive weapon to play with Tavares. He was. But, as is typical with the Islanders, they overpaid and should NEVER had given up Moulson and a 1st and 2nd round pick to get Vanek. I'm a huge Isles fan, and I don't begrudge them making a play for a player of Vanek's quality, but Snow gave up way too much.

#17 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

And now Halak ends up with the Islanders.  He's put on the miles in the last two months.   They still have to sign him but I think that's a big upgrade over Nabokov and might be a good fit for Halak.  I think he will still post pretty good numbers although his wins will be down.  The team is on the rise and could push for a playoff spot next year.

#18 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

View Postgdon, on 01 May 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

And now Halak ends up with the Islanders.  He's put on the miles in the last two months.   They still have to sign him but I think that's a big upgrade over Nabokov and might be a good fit for Halak.  I think he will still post pretty good numbers although his wins will be down.  The team is on the rise and could push for a playoff spot next year.

I like the move a lot. Isles fans (like myself) have been waiting not so patiently for an upgrade over Nabokov for more than a season now. Halak certainly represents that. Four teams in 2013-14 for Halak must have been nerve wracking. Hope he and the Isles can come to an agreement on a contract. Nothing set in stone yet. Getting him for a 4th round pick is a steal though, and that's a pick from came from Minnesota in the PM Bouchard / Regin trade late in the season.

#19 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

View Postk.k., on 01 May 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Getting him for a 4th round pick is a steal though, and that's a pick from came from Minnesota in the PM Bouchard / Regin trade late in the season.

Exactly.  Even if they can't sign him they didn't really lose anything for the chance.  Little risk potential big reward

#20 th3ory

th3ory

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

View Postk.k., on 29 April 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

At no point was Miller worth giving up a 1st round pick over Halak as the difference between the two is minimal.

The difference between Halak and Miller is hardly minimal. If it was so minimal, Blues brass would have been confident moving forward with the rest of the regular season and into the playoffs with Halak.

Based on what, Miller's performance with STL?  Just because they pulled the trigger on the deal doesn't mean they were right. Halak and MIller are so similar in skill it's ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users