129 replies to this topic

#1 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Stills was one of my breakout candidates for 2014. He has a chance to become the #2 or at worst #3 option in Drew Brees' high powdered offense.

Kenny Stills is expected to take on a bigger role in the wake of Lance Moore's release.

Stills already earned a surprisingly sizable role as a fifth-round rookie, playing on 708-of-1154 snaps (61.3 percent) and posting a 32-641-5 line. But he was just sixth on the team in targets with 51 (3.18 per game), a number that will naturally rise with Moore and Darren Sproles gone. Stills is a naturally exceptional playmaker capable of both deep routes and the quick-hitting routes Moore ran. His Dynasty arrow is pointing straight up.

With recent releases, and Pierre Thomas potentially becoming another casualty, his 2014 stock is quickly on the rise.

#2 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hard to say. Brees is always good at spreading the wealth. Colston has been the only WR there to put up consistent fantasy numbers, though even he can be inconsistent. I have him on my target list though, so long as the price isn't too steep. Hopefully the hype machine doesn't ramp up.
10 Team Redraft 1 point PPR League 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE , 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

QB - Matthew Stafford
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Ryan Matthews
RB - Shane Vereen
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Isaiah Crowell
RB - Fred Jackson
RB - Daniel Herron
RB - Latavius Murray
RB -Andre Willisms
WR - AJ Green
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
WR - Odell Beckham Jr
TE - Jason Witten
D/ST - Texans
K - Stream

#3 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Unless NO signs or drafts a big name WR, Stills for sure is going to be hyped up by the experts heading into 2014 drafts - the loss of LMoore, Sproles, & possibly PThomas all but assures this. However, there will be so many other 2nd or 3rd year WR for the experts to hype (CPatterson, KAllen, KWright, TWilliams, DHopkins, MJones, RRandle, MWheaton, etc.) that Stills should get lost a bit in the shuffle. I believe that he can be more than just a deep threat. Nice guy to target for 2014 in my opinion.

#4 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hard to say. Brees is always good at spreading the wealth. Colston has been the only WR there to put up consistent fantasy numbers, though even he can be inconsistent. I have him on my target list though, so long as the price isn't too steep. Hopefully the hype machine doesn't ramp up.

Unless NO signs or drafts a big name WR, Stills for sure is going to be hyped up by the experts heading into 2014 drafts - the loss of LMoore, Sproles, & possibly PThomas all but assures this. However, there will be so many other 2nd or 3rd year WR for the experts to hype (CPatterson, KAllen, KWright, TWilliams, DHopkins, MJones, RRandle, MWheaton, etc.) that Stills should get lost a bit in the shuffle. I believe that he can be more than just a deep threat. Nice guy to target for 2014 in my opinion.

I agree with both of these sentiments. Ideally you'll draft him as a WR4, but I think he'll produce at a WR2/3 capacity with serious blowup potential.
  • J.T. Marlin likes this

#5 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

I agree with both of these sentiments. Ideally you'll draft him as a WR4, but I think he'll produce at a WR2/3 capacity with serious blowup potential.

That's exactly right. With the loss of the players I mentioned above, plus Colston slowing down and team's likely to try and stop JGraham at all costs, Stills could blow-up in a big way in 2014. As a point of comparison, he could certainly produce a season similar to TY Hilton 2013 - with more TD.

#6 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

I think he'll have a season similar to Lance Moore in 2012. 60/70 catches, 1000/1100 yards, 5-8 TDs with ability to do more. I expect the saints to draft/add a WR and pass catching back but as of now stills is number 3 option in a top 3 passing offense in a dome. High upside for hopefully a low price. Ill target as a low WR 3/high 4

#7 youngrice

youngrice

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

The one thing you can always count on with the Saints is their deep ball guy will always be inconsistent. I just don't see him being the guy that gets the boost from Moore and Sproles departure.

#8 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Maybe he'll get a bigger piece of the pie now that he'll be forced higher on the depth chart instead of trying to have to earn it. This is a kind of guy I can spend a late round flier on and wouldn't mind it for the dividends it could pay.

* 5 straight superbowl appearances
* 2 super bowl victories

CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER!!!!
2014 Jeremy Top Dustan Bottoms
QB:Luck
RB:D. Murray
RB:Bell
WR:Odell
WR:Cobb
WR:Colston
TE:Kelce
K:Parkey
D:Tennessee
Flex:Ingram
Bench:Houston,Detroit, D. Walker, L. Murray, Douglas

#9 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:59 AM

when does the hype machine ever not ramp up?

you have to be on a team like the jags or raiders for that to happen.

#10 ecc82

ecc82

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

NO is going to a more ball -control offense supposedly, which would slightly lower my expectations for Stills.I Iike the TY and Lance Moore comparisons from 2013 though, fair projections.

PS why is this so hard to type in this forum..I spent more time deleting/retyping than anything

#11 GreatScott!

GreatScott!

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

I understand they want to go more ball control with running more, but who in the world is going to be the RB to accomplish that? I do not see any RB on their roster from last year that screams out consistent RB. There best 2 RB's from last year, Sproles and Thomas will be gone for next season from what everyone is saying. Not that I think you could have been a ball control team with either of those 2. It's nice to say you want to be a ball control team, but if you want to do that, you better have at least 1 good RB who can shoulder that load. I don't see it so far.
10 Team Redraft 1 point PPR League 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE , 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

QB - Matthew Stafford
QB - Tony Romo
RB - Ryan Matthews
RB - Shane Vereen
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Isaiah Crowell
RB - Fred Jackson
RB - Daniel Herron
RB - Latavius Murray
RB -Andre Willisms
WR - AJ Green
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
WR - Odell Beckham Jr
TE - Jason Witten
D/ST - Texans
K - Stream

#12 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

I understand they want to go more ball control with running more, but who in the world is going to be the RB to accomplish that? I do not see any RB on their roster from last year that screams out consistent RB. There best 2 RB's from last year, Sproles and Thomas will be gone for next season from what everyone is saying. Not that I think you could have been a ball control team with either of those 2. It's nice to say you want to be a ball control team, but if you want to do that, you better have at least 1 good RB who can shoulder that load. I don't see it so far.

Robinson is a pure runner.

#13 ecc82

ecc82

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I like Robinson.. and dare I say it but Ingram looked good down the stretch and in the playoffs

#14 airtommy

airtommy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

They quietly let Joe Morgan go, so as of now Stills has the downfield role all to himself. Normally the Saints have two players split that role.

#15 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

If the Saints don't use a high draft pick on a WR next week, then Stills is really going to rocket up my draft board. Colston had his worst pro season in 2013, turns 31 in June, and could really be slowing down after 9 years in the league & numerous leg/knee surgeries over the years. His separation skills could be sapped and the bottom could really fall out for Colston this season.

Maybe Still turns out to be a deep pass, one-trick WR but it doesn't look like you will have to burn an early pick to find out (he went in rd 12 of a recent CBS Sports Fantasy 12 team, 16 rd mock draft).

http://fantasynews.c...tasy-mock-draft

The upside is pretty huge in that he very well could be the #2 receiving threat (after JGraham) on a team that is historically one of the best (if not the best) passing offenses in NFL history.

https://fantasyindex...-orleans-saints

So much to like about Stills for 2014, especially at his current draft price.
  • mmrodri, The Jesus, munde53 and 1 other like this

#16 The Jesus

The Jesus

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Stills and Hopkins are the best late round WR targets, IMO. I hope to get at least one or the other on all of my teams this year.
  • buckeyestilidie likes this

#17 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

What about the other extremely talented receivers on this depth chart such as Robert Meachem, Nick Toon (is this seriously his name?), and Joe Morgan? Any chance they exceed expectations and end up...not tripping on their own shoelaces?

Edited by mmrodri, 28 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#18 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

The Saints WRs are very difficult to project in 2014. The WRs' share of the Saints total targets hit bottom last season depressed in significant part by Colston's inability to get separation in man coverage, Moore's erosion of skills, Graham's effectiveness, RB receptions, and in late season an increase in reliance on the rushing game. There is a huge opportunity for Stills if his game continues to improve and he figures to continue to be a very inexpensive flier, but, with the likely addition of a talented rookie WR and increased reliance on the rushing attack I'm not sure 2014 figures to be a breakout year for him. He should be cheap enough to land on a team or 2 of mine but he's not someone I plan to target.

#19 Dunder Mifflin Intern

Dunder Mifflin Intern

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

Everybody's focused on Cooks, so we can still get Stills on the cheap. Cooks is the shiny new toy, but Stills has already established himself with Brees. Will pick up Stills on the cheap Rnd 9/10. Lot of upside for cheap.
  • DocJ, mmrodri, munde53 and 2 others like this
Formerly ISuckTDs. New Name, New Day

#20 ajmyk

ajmyk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Most of experts are not sold on Stills talent.
Someone can explain me why ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users