889 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,977 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Just signed with the Jags. Should be in a strong position to be the lead back with MJD outta there.

This could be a great signing for his value.

#2 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

Will be a great fantasy value this year. Will probably remain pretty cheap because Gerhart isn't a popular name and Jaguars aren't a popular team.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#3 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

This is fantastic news IMO. No love from the RW writers (not surprised). I liked everything I saw from him last season. Been looking forward to seeing where he ended up. I was putting my bets on Cleveland but Jax is a pleasant surprise, especially since I'm also sitting on Todman as a 'cuff. I suspect they will draft an RB value in later rounds too.

#4 scienergy

scienergy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

*double post delete please*

Edited by scienergy, 11 March 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#5 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,030 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

They still have a lot of cap space. They could easily bring in another RB and make this an even bigger committee. I don't plan on getting too excited until we get a little deeper into FA and the draft.
  • scienergy likes this
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs. 4-3, 3rd place.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Trent Richardson,
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor
WR: Pierre Garçon, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis,
Antonio Gates
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft) 994.32 points, 3rd place.

QB: Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Ronnie Hillman, Fred Jackson*
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, ODB, Josh Gordon*
Flex: Alshon Jeffery
TE: Travis Kelce
DEF: Philly D/ST
K: Carpenter

#6 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

They still have a lot of cap space. They could easily bring in another RB and make this an even bigger committee. I don't plan on getting too excited until we get a little deeper into FA and the draft.

Yep.

Can't forget Todman. Retained for 2014 and performed well whenever he got the opportunity (in pre-season, and at the end of regular season).
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#7 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

I have Todman too and owned Gerhart during the tail end of the season but figured he was a bit of a reach when deciding on who to keep in Dynasty. Gerhart is leaving a 6th ranked O-line to the 30th. He's gonna have a long season. I think Todman could end up being the main guy here when it's all said and done.
  • megamoviejohn and petekrum like this

12 Team - Yahoo Dynasty League 2014

QB: Carson Palmer
WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, Brian Tyms
RB: Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings, Joique Bell, Jerick McKinnon, Knile Davis, Christine Michael
TE: Gronk, Julius Thomas, Travis Kelce

12 Team - Yahoo League 2014 (10th pick)

QB: Joe Flacco
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Andrew Hawkins, Louis Murphy Jr.
RB: Rashad Jennings, Branden Oliver, Shane Vereen, Travaris Cadet, Kniles Davis
TE: Zach Ertz
DEF: San Diego
K: Vinatieri

#8 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Not a fan of this signing at all. I don,t see him as better then todman,so why pay more? Put the money towards a pass rusher or a center
  • petekrum likes this

#9 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

I have Todman too and owned Gerhart during the tail end of the season but figured he was a bit of a reach when deciding on who to keep in Dynasty. Gerhart is leaving a 6th ranked O-line to the 30th. He's gonna have a long season. I think Todman could end up being the main guy here when it's all said and done.

That contract kind of eliminates Todman from the equation for the time being. Its Gerhart's job, until he loses it himself.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#10 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

That contract kind of eliminates Todman from the equation for the time being. Its Gerhart's job, until he loses it himself.

Well that's what I'm saying. He's gonna eventually lose it.

12 Team - Yahoo Dynasty League 2014

QB: Carson Palmer
WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, Brian Tyms
RB: Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings, Joique Bell, Jerick McKinnon, Knile Davis, Christine Michael
TE: Gronk, Julius Thomas, Travis Kelce

12 Team - Yahoo League 2014 (10th pick)

QB: Joe Flacco
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Andrew Hawkins, Louis Murphy Jr.
RB: Rashad Jennings, Branden Oliver, Shane Vereen, Travaris Cadet, Kniles Davis
TE: Zach Ertz
DEF: San Diego
K: Vinatieri

#11 hotel06

hotel06

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

Todman isn't good guys. Career journeyman who averaged 3.4 YPC. He's also smaller build.

Gerhart has a career 4.7 YPC and ran a 4.50 at the Combine at 230 lbs. He's also getting paid 10 million + dollars so yeah, he's the starter and Todman might return kicks.

#12 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

I don't understand all the negativity - Gerhart did really well when filling in for the injured AP at the end of the 2011 season. He's also a good pass-catching RB so the rec and receiving yards should be a nice bonus. Who knows when the Jags will be good again but the team did finish 4-4 with a couple close losses during the 2nd half of the season after starting out 0-8 and getting blown out in almost each of those games. The team is trying to build their defense and O-line - 2 things that generally signal a game plan of being committed to the run. Assuming JAX doesn't sign or draft another high-profile RB, I really like Gerhart's fantasy value heading into the 2014 season.

#13 Taltos75

Taltos75

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

This is a great landing spot. Anyone who thinks Todman is lead back doesn't know football. Todman is more of a change of pace back, 3rd down back. Their May be a timeshare, but it will be more of a 65/35. Not close to 50/50. And absolutely not with Todman leading the committee.

Gerhart is a great value at round 5 on. I will draft him in 5th in every single pool I am in.

#14 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

The question isn't necessarily about Todman IMO. It's the fact that we are only on day 2 of FA and a couple months from the draft. The Jags still have plenty of cap space to play with if they want to sign another FA running back and could also get someone out of the draft.
  • buckeyestilidie likes this

Antonio Gates

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft) 994.32 points, 3rd place.

#15 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

The question isn't necessarily about Todman IMO. It's the fact that we are only on day 2 of FA and a couple months from the draft. The Jags still have plenty of cap space to play with if they want to sign another FA running back and could also get someone out of the draft.

The problem with this theory is that the Jags aren't exactly in win now mode and they just dolled out 10 million bucks with 5 guaranteed to Gerhart. Even though it isn't a lot, they aren't going to just spend that type of cash on a backup. He is a stop gate RB for them, no more no less, but for fantasy purposes he should be the lead guy.

#16 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

The problem with this theory is that the Jags aren't exactly in win now mode and they just dolled out 10 million bucks with 5 guaranteed to Gerhart. Even though it isn't a lot, they aren't going to just spend that type of cash on a backup. He is a stop gate RB for them, no more no less, but for fantasy purposes he should be the lead guy.

I'm just saying that it's far too early for me to be shouting my praises from the rooftop.

Edited by ToO_BaD, 12 March 2014 - 11:26 AM.

Antonio Gates

#17 Dr.Funktopus

Dr.Funktopus

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Mroeover, unless this team drastically improves in the Win/Loss category, they will continue to play from behind with sub-par receiver talent if Blackmon is not back. That should mean plenty of backfield action in the passing game, something that once made MJD a fierce value play as he used to be drafted for flex appeal and always outperformed due to receiving chops.

Is Gerhart going to win your league for you, probably not ever. But can he be a good Flex/RB3 value play to potentially rack up garbage time yards, absolutely. If I had a guess, the only thing to worry about is if they somehow turn into a competitive team, which could yeild more cahnces for Todman, Shoelace and Ace Sanders Gadgetry. But in that scenario, the amount of rushes the Jags would dedicate would probably outweigh the time share fears...

12 Team Auction Keeper League - 0.5 per Reception (2013):
QB: Peyton Manning;
RBs: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy
WRs: Demaryius Thomas (K), Keenan Allen, T.Y. Hilton (K)
TE: Vernon Davis; Flex: Kendall Wright
K: Blair Walsh; Def: St. Louis Rams
Bench: Jordan Reed, Riley Cooper, Steven Jackson
Michael Crabtree, DeAngelo Williams, Jordan Todman

12 Team Auction Keeper League - 0.5 per Reception (2014):
QB: Aaron Rodgers;
RBs: Eddie Lacy (K), DeMarco Murray
WRs: Demaryius Thomas (K), Keenan Allen (K), Mike Wallace
TE: Martellus Bennett; Flex: Rashad Jennings
K: Mason Crosby; Def: Detroit Lions

Bench: Steven Jackson, Zach Ertz, Andrew Hawkins, Brian Quick,
Andre Williams, Andre Holmes, Ben Roethlisberger, Malcolm Floyd

#18 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

I'm just saying that it's far too early for me to be shouting my praises from the rooftop.

I agree. There's still plenty of time for them to add some linemen and maybe some receivers. I think if Blackmon can actually stay on the field it'll help tremendously.

* 4 straight superbowl appearances
* 2 super bowl victories

2014 Jeremy Top Dustan Bottoms
QB:Luck
RB:Murray
RB:Bell
WR:Cobb
WR:Floyd
WR:Sanu
TE:Ertz
K:Parker
D:Houston
Flex:Ellington
Bench:Indy, Odell, Vereen, Ingram, D. Walker

#19 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

He'll be revealed for what he is, a north/south plodder. There's a reason a guy with his college resume lasted as long as he did.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#20 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,425 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

He's gonna put up Shonn Greene Jets era numbers with more catches.

Could be a great value pick in the 6th/7th/8th with how the RB landscape is.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Ben Tate, Mark Ingram, Bryce Brown
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Rueben Randle, Odell Beckham, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Ryan Mathews, Jeremy Hill
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users