599 replies to this topic

#581 klownkollege

klownkollege

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

He will be a top-10 RB, regardless of format.

His floor is 2012 TRich.

People somehow are thinking that a RB who will get 300+ carries, 30-40 receptions, and all the goal-line work with measurables superior to Steven Jackson and comparable to Eddie Lacy will get fewer than 1300 total yards and 10 total TDs. Laughable.

Yikes.

cmon, it was ambitious, but the prediction is human, who did you miss on?

#582 Scottie15

Scottie15

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:31 PM

His floor is 2012 TRich.

People somehow are thinking that a RB who will get 300+ carries, 30-40 receptions, and all the goal-line work with measurables superior to Steven Jackson and comparable to Eddie Lacy will get fewer than 1300 total yards and 10 total TDs. Laughable.

Yikes.

Based off of 2 weeks? Man I'd hate to see you behind the wheel with that patience.

10-Team Standard Format

QB: Foles

WR: Antonio Brown, Roddy White, Emmanuel Sanders, Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon

RB: Matt Forte, Montee Ball, Toby Gerhart, Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Dan Carpenter

DEF: Cincinatti, San Diego

#583 klownkollege

klownkollege

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

His floor is 2012 TRich.

Yikes.

Edited by Patrick Bateman, 17 September 2014 - 10:42 PM.
Do not troll and certainly don't link to an AC thread. Stay on point or leave the thread.

#584 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Any news on what happened in practice. It's tough having a player no one cares about. They had to have finished practice hours ago and I can't find a word on how he looked. I'm not necessarily going to start him if he was "limited" again. If his ankle is still hurt from that horsecollar tackle in week 1 how about this: sit the dude since you're only giving him the ball 5X per game anyway. He's obviously too slow a healer for this current arrangement to make sense.

SuperJoint Signature™ available only to RotoWorld Forums Gold Club™ Members

#585 Magman

Magman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

Any news on what happened in practice. It's tough having a player no one cares about. They had to have finished practice hours ago and I can't find a word on how he looked. I'm not necessarily going to start him if he was "limited" again. If his ankle is still hurt from that horsecollar tackle in week 1 how about this: sit the dude since you're only giving him the ball 5X per game anyway. He's obviously too slow a healer for this current arrangement to make sense.

I was watching the Eagles game when he injured his ankle and honestly, at the the time, I thought he was done for at least multiple weeks. The injury looked that bad. Somehow he came back in and finished the game. He seems like a really tough dude. I wouldn't be surprised if this injury is holding him back. Regardless, the offensive line looks pretty terrible. I wouldn't start him until I see some production.

To answer your question though. He practiced fully and is listed as probable to play this Sunday according to my ESPN fantasy app update.
  • SuperJoint likes this
12 Team Standard Scoring, Auction Draft
My Butt Ertz

QB: Jay Cutler
RB1: Eddie Lacy
RB2: Andre Ellington
WR1: Jordy Nelson
WR2: Cordarrelle Patterson
TE: Zach Ertz
RB/WR/TE: Darren Sproles
Defense: Streaming
Kicker: Streaming

Bench: Toby Gerhart, Jordan Reed, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, James Starks, Jerick McKinnon

#586 Mek Daddy

Mek Daddy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

For me, this week is the moment of truth. He is firmly riding the pine until I can get some clarity. Another bad performance, and it's cut city!

#587 Scottie15

Scottie15

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

For me, this week is the moment of truth. He is firmly riding the pine until I can get some clarity. Another bad performance, and it's cut city!

This. Just wished Bradley would stop being a douche and let Bortles play.

10-Team Standard Format

QB: Foles

WR: Antonio Brown, Roddy White, Emmanuel Sanders, Brandin Cooks, Josh Gordon

RB: Matt Forte, Montee Ball, Toby Gerhart, Rashad Jennings, Shane Vereen

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Dan Carpenter

DEF: Cincinatti, San Diego

#588 Magman

Magman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

This. Just wished Bradley would stop being a douche and let Bortles play.

Yes. The week that Bortles plays it will be intriguing to see Gerhart's use and subsequent production.
  • bmalec likes this
My Butt Ertz

Bench: Toby Gerhart, Jordan Reed, Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, James Starks, Jerick McKinnon

#589 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,682 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

Toby Gerhart (ankle) is listed as probable for Sunday's Week 3 game against the Colts.

Gerhart was a full participant in Friday's practice. A poor offensive line and a crowded box are legit concerns, but the matchup won't get any better. Gerhart is our No. 31 running back this week.

Sep 19 - 9:59 PM

#590 The Jesus

The Jesus

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Is there any optimism here about him getting it going?

Edited by phatrat, Yesterday, 07:18 PM.
Cool Story removed

#591 screaming_vultures

screaming_vultures

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

A 3 down back cannot be as bad as he has been.So either he goes down completely or bursts out this week.

Football - Yahoo - 10 Team Keeper(Keep 3) - H2H - PPR + 6pt Passing TDs (QB/WR/TE/RB/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/DEF/K)

QB: Nick Foles, RG3
WR: Vincent Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Marques Colston, Terrance Williams, Josh Gordon
RB: Giovani Bernard, Shane Vereen, Toby Gerhart, CJ Spiller, Pierre Thomas
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Streaming

Baseball - Yahoo - 12 team - H2H - 11 Cat(R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPS/W/SV/K/ERA/WHIP)

Hitters
C Joe Mauer 1B Freddie Freeman 2B Daniel Murphy 3B Edwin Encarnacion SS Brock Holt IF Adam LaRouche OF1 Denard Span OF2 Melky Cabrera OF3 Nick Markakis OF4 Kole Calhoun Util Anthony Rendon
DL Michael Cuddyer, Everth Cabrera
Pitchers
SP: Félix Hernández, Zack Greinke, Johnny Cueto, Tanner Roark, Michael Pineda, James Paxton, Mike Fiers DL: Michael Wacha, Jacob DeGrom RP: Trevor Rosenthal, Greg Holland, Jonathan Papelbon, Joaquin Benoit, Jenry Mejia

#592 Guile

Guile

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Yes there's optimism.

1. He injured his ankle the first week and hasn't been playing 100%

2. Henne is on his way out, once that happens Toby has a lot more upside.

Record: 0-2 (12 Team non-ppr; 5th pick overall, 6pt passing td/-3 int)

QB: Foles (6th Rd)

RB1 Forte (1st Rd)
RB2: T. Gerhart (4th)
FLEX: K. Davis (WW)

WR1: Julio Jones (2nd)
WR2: Michael Floyd (5)

TE: Gronk (3rd)

Def/K: Streaming

Bench: Sankey, Hopkins, Woodhead, Quick, Klevin Benjamin

#593 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:55 AM

Yes there's optimism.

1. He injured his ankle the first week and hasn't been playing 100%

And if he can't get it healed while playing they need to sit him or he'll look like crap all season long.

I note that neither of your optimistic points help out much this week.

#594 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,251 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:20 PM

I think Gerhart definitely gets it going. Whether enough to live up to his ADP I don't know but there is some value there

Edited by phatrat, Yesterday, 07:20 PM.
Removed AC content

I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#595 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,785 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:22 PM

This whole notion I keep seeing on here that once Henne is out and Bottles comes in, that his value will all of a sudden skyrocket, is just silly. If Bortles was as NFL-ready and good to drastically improve this offense, he would have been starting Week 1. Truth is he's an unproven rookie QB that will be coming into a league that doesn't generally lend to rookie QBs unless they are supremely talented.

I don't think Gerhart can be nearly as bad as he's been thus far, strictly speaking from a probability and law of averages standpoint. But I don't think a QB change to Bortles will really impact his value much at all. The line needs to open holes, period. You think the 8 man boxes will magically disappear when Bortles is inserted? Doubtful. They will still have zero weapons on the outside and an unproven QB.

I'm hoping for a breakout performance, or anything that might allow me to sell with some value.

12-team Mixed H2H 5x5 (OBP) Keeper League (6 keeps)

C: Joe Mauer $18 (K)
1B: Anthony Rizzo $12 (K)
2B: Brian Dozier FA
SS: Dee Gordon FA
3B: Miggy Cabrera $41 (K)
IF: Pablo Sandoval $8
OF: Hunter Pence $13 (K)
OF: Justin Upton $38
OF: Khris Davis $11
OF: J.D. Martinez FA
U: A.J. Pollock FA

SP: David Price $23, Cole Hamels $17, Julio Teheran $11 (K),, Michael Pineda $1, Michael Fiers FA, Jose Quintana FA, Kevin Gausman $1, Colin McHugh FA
RP: Zach Britton FA, Jake McGee FA
DL: Jose Fernandez $5 (K), Garrett Richards $1

#596 Mad_Jens

Mad_Jens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

This whole notion I keep seeing on here that once Henne is out and Bottles comes in, that his value will all of a sudden skyrocket, is just silly. If Bortles was as NFL-ready and good to drastically improve this offense, he would have been starting Week 1. Truth is he's an unproven rookie QB that will be coming into a league that doesn't generally lend to rookie QBs unless they are supremely talented.

I don't think Gerhart can be nearly as bad as he's been thus far, strictly speaking from a probability and law of averages standpoint. But I don't think a QB change to Bortles will really impact his value much at all. The line needs to open holes, period. You think the 8 man boxes will magically disappear when Bortles is inserted? Doubtful. They will still have zero weapons on the outside and an unproven QB.

I'm hoping for a breakout performance, or anything that might allow me to sell with some value.

One name.  Blaine Gabbert.

The Jags are scared to ruin this kid - they want him to sit as long as they'r able to, even if he's played better.  And by most accounts, he has played better.

I dont know if him coming in makes Gerhart a better play magically, but it sure as heck wouldn't hurt. Shorts coming back could help as well. They just need to be able to make a few passing plays so D's don't stack the box and dare them to throw every down.  They don't need Aaron Rodgers.  

#597 dawkinspwns

dawkinspwns

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

One name.  Blaine Gabbert.

The Jags are scared to ruin this kid - they want him to sit as long as they'r able to, even if he's played better.  And by most accounts, he has played better.

I dont know if him coming in makes Gerhart a better play magically, but it sure as heck wouldn't hurt. Shorts coming back could help as well. They just need to be able to make a few passing plays so D's don't stack the box and dare them to throw every down.  They don't need Aaron Rodgers.  

Certainly not that name...

#598 Magman

Magman

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 AM

Is there any optimism here about him getting it going?

I've never hoped more for a player to blow up on my bench, Jesus.
My Butt Ertz

#599 Craugy

Craugy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted Today, 10:11 AM

Ok so we know we're dealing with no running room and a crappy offense that will be down and need to throw, but why isn't he catching many check down passes to show for that?

Edited by Craugy, Today, 10:12 AM.

#600 SuperJoint

SuperJoint

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,682 posts

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

Ok so we know we're dealing with no running room and a crappy offense that will be down and need to throw, but why isn't he catching many check down passes to show for that?

Horrible coaching, Gerhart's injury etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

alexk29