6 replies to this topic

#1 jackmeogh555

jackmeogh555

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

I am looking at the Rotoworld rankings, and there are some pretty bold predictions for some players. Looks like this:

Mike Trout
Miguel Carbrera
Haney Ramrez
Clyton Kershaw
Ryan Braun
Paul Goldschmidt
Joe Mauer
Cargo
Prince Fieder
Carlos Santana
Andrew McCutchen

First off, I see two catchers in the top 10, but their ADP is in the 60s. Isn't that a bid off?
Next, I will be drafting third tomorrow, should I take Hanley Ramirez? Based on ADP I should be choosing beween Goldschmidt and McCutchen).
Lastly, what do you think about the overall rankings of rotoworld?

#2 osb_tensor

osb_tensor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

I think all rankings are somewhat of a guide, at best. Unless the rankings are specifically geared toward your league settings they are likely not relevant to your situation.

I don't really have an overall opinion on rotoworlds rankings. I find that projections are much more useful than rankings.

P.s. Yeah at 3rd I like cutch or goldy. Personally I like the consistenticy of cutch where goldy isn't as proven. But either are defensible.

Edited by osb_tensor, 14 March 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#3 jackmeogh555

jackmeogh555

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

The rotoworld rankings are based on what someone at Rotoworld projects the players stats. The order that I listed above comes from Roto World's Draft Master after I plugged in all of the settings for my specific league, so these rankings should be specific to my league.

Havig said that, has anyone had luck with relying on the projections from Draft Master? Have these projections worked for you in the past?

#4 ABITNYC

ABITNYC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

I used them this year and last year...let's just just say this year is the last year. I'm sitting in last place after using these rankings. And no, I didn't overdraft just to get top players based on these rankings (I've been in fantasy leagues for 6 years now.) Just to give you an idea, I currently have Hanley, Fielder, C Santana, Choo, on my team. It's only April, but I've heard some overall dissatisfaction with Rotoworld lately. When you pay for something, you would think you're getting a premium product especially given the name brand....

Way to go Rotoworld with your sub-par products, articles, rankings, etc.... losing customers and business will go elsewhere!

#5 tsh00k

tsh00k

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, Rockies, & Beer.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

Get 10 different website rankings and pit them against each other. Take durability, age, proven vs unproven, team & ballpark all into account. I personally like to take solid, proven, durable guys up top (miggy, trout, cutch, jones, fielder) then gamble mid to late (Cruz, Abreu, A Gonz, Weiters). Make your own rankings and know them going into the season, your personal preference and gut can take you a lot further than you think!

Having said this, I do not agree with the above rankings. BUT these also obviously take multiple factors into consideration (maybe too many). The reason Mauer and Santana are so high is because they have C eligibility at a different position. Other than that I think these are serviceable!
16 Team Dynasty - PPR
QB- Cam Newton
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Jordy Nelson
RB- Alfred Morris
RB- Marshawn Lynch
TE- Julius Thomas
FLEX- Pierre Thomas
K- Matt Prater
DEF- Pittsburgh

#6 tsh00k

tsh00k

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Broncos, Rockies, & Beer.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

I used them this year and last year...let's just just say this year is the last year. I'm sitting in last place after using these rankings. And no, I didn't overdraft just to get top players based on these rankings (I've been in fantasy leagues for 6 years now.) Just to give you an idea, I currently have Hanley, Fielder, C Santana, Choo, on my team. It's only April, but I've heard some overall dissatisfaction with Rotoworld lately. When you pay for something, you would think you're getting a premium product especially given the name brand....

Way to go Rotoworld with your sub-par products, articles, rankings, etc.... losing customers and business will go elsewhere!

Your 4 studs are going to be fine, once the Prince heats up (which he will) Choo will start to do the same! You are fine.
16 Team Dynasty - PPR
QB- Cam Newton
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Jordy Nelson
RB- Alfred Morris
RB- Marshawn Lynch
TE- Julius Thomas
FLEX- Pierre Thomas
K- Matt Prater
DEF- Pittsburgh

#7 ABITNYC

ABITNYC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Your 4 studs are going to be fine, once the Prince heats up (which he will) Choo will start to do the same! You are fine.

So much for Prince and Santana heating up....guess you really can't blame them for injuries, but for christ sake them being injured may benefit my team the way they were playing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users