5 replies to this topic

#1 Shake

Shake

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

Stud production last season, and going in to his second season in the offense bodes well, as does having back his O-line. Before free agency he was my number 1 RB.

With that said my only concern is with the acquisition of Darren Sproles. Does it end up taking away some of that receiving game McCoy had last season? I can't imagine the eagles traded and then extended Sproles contract for him to just be a backup and only to give McCoy a breather. I know Shady is still the guy there, but I'm just wondering if some of his upside gets capped because of that.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shake, 15 March 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#2 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

I see McCoy having more TDs next year with less yards. Philly getting Sproles will be a blessing in disguise

#3 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostShake, on 15 March 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

Stud production last season, and going in to his second season in the offense bodes well, as does having back his O-line. Before free agency he was my number 1 RB.

With that said my only concern is with the acquisition of Darren Sproles. Does it end up taking away some of that receiving game McCoy had last season? I can't imagine the eagles traded and then extended Sproles contract for him to just be a backup and only to give McCoy a breather. I know Shady is still the guy there, but I'm just wondering if some of his upside gets capped because of that.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that you don't want your franchise back touching the ball 366 times a year.
I did drop him to #3 on my list, but I think he'll be fine, and potentially more productive on a per touch basis, with fewer touches overall.

Keep in mind that Bryce Brown last year touched the ball 88 times and in past years Sproles has only really needed around 150 total touches to be rather productive in the NO offense.

Edited by FFCollusion, 15 March 2014 - 11:49 PM.

I do it for the likes...

#4 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

Health permitting he's still a top 4 back. I think him Charles AP forte all can be argued as top picks but I rank shady as number 2 and agree he will likely have less yards/touches but more TDs. I can see the offense and defense taking a step forward becoming more deadly. Adding Maclin sproles and more defenders should mean more points scored and more red zone work. I picture sproles helping in keeping McCoy fresher and lining up all over the place like in Nola, creating mismatches all over the place and bigger rushing lanes with more receiving weapons on the field

#5 Bluecore

Bluecore

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

He is my first over all choice. Sproles won't eat in to his work anymore than his backup did last season, and McCoy will get all the goal line opportunities.

Edited by Bluecore, 16 March 2014 - 01:12 AM.

2013 Week 16 Championship roster:
QB: Nick Foles
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Josh Gordon, Eric Decker
RB: LeSean McCoy, Rashad Jennings
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Kendall Wright
Kicker: S. Hauschka
Def: KC

#6 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

I think this puts him behind Charles and A.P. This team has plenty of other options and having him touch the ball 360 times a year doesn't bode well for him. I think Sproles will take production away, and it also doesn't help no one will know who the true "backup" will be as Sproles may touch the ball more, but I think Brown and Polk take the "actual" RB nods over Sproles. I am higher on Charles and AP as their ceilings are much higher now then McCoy, but he's a sure fire top 3 back. You can't go wrong with him I'm just saying unless you have the number one pick I'd go Charles, but number two I'd probably go McCoy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users