434 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

How high should we be projecting him for 2014? I'm not expecting Decker 2012 & 13 #'s but Sanders seems like a reasonable bet for 1,000 yd & 8 TD. Injuries have been an issue, so that has to be factored too. Another guy I'm interested in seeing where his ADP is at come late July.

#2 FantasyGuru24

FantasyGuru24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

He's a dirtbag (and yes im a bitter KC fan)

#3 kco734

kco734

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

PPR Beast 100+ catches book it

#4 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

I don't think he'll be the 100 catch guy unless Welker gets injured. I think if Welker goes down then he's gold, but I think he'll loom around 80-90 catches, 1,000 plus easily, and about 8-9 touchdowns is a safe window. I think he'd be a good number three that could put up number two or even number one numbers in certain weeks.

* 5 straight superbowl appearances
* 2 super bowl victories

CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER!!!!
2014 Jeremy Top Dustan Bottoms
QB:Luck
RB:D. Murray
RB:Bell
WR:Odell
WR:Cobb
WR:Colston
TE:Kelce
K:Parkey
D:Tennessee
Flex:Ingram
Bench:Houston,Detroit, D. Walker, L. Murray, Douglas

#5 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

I like him to be a solid WR2. More consistent than Decker with less blow up games.
  • lolcopter likes this
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#6 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I'm not gonna bank on 1000 unless welker gets hurt. He might split time with Caldwell if he doesn't click with the play book/manning. Ill look at him as a WR3/4 with upside but also caution. Gotta expect less passing yards & TDs and several mouths to feed in Denver, along with a vastly improved defense

#7 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

I'm not gonna bank on 1000 unless welker gets hurt. He might split time with Caldwell if he doesn't click with the play book/manning. Ill look at him as a WR3/4 with upside but also caution. Gotta expect less passing yards & TDs and several mouths to feed in Denver, along with a vastly improved defense

Things were said this past season with Decker. I snagged him in the seventh and laughed. I don't imagine a Decker kind of season from him, but similar numbers. 1000 and 6-9. I also don't see him competing with Caldwell for time.

* 5 straight superbowl appearances
* 2 super bowl victories

CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER!!!!
2014 Jeremy Top Dustan Bottoms
QB:Luck
RB:D. Murray
RB:Bell
WR:Odell
WR:Cobb
WR:Colston
TE:Kelce
K:Parkey
D:Tennessee
Flex:Ingram
Bench:Houston,Detroit, D. Walker, L. Murray, Douglas

#8 Bluecore

Bluecore

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

There is no reason why he can't have a season similar to Eric Decker's 2013, or any reason to not anticipate it unless you really think Peyton is just going to have an atrocious season relative to 2013. The consensus on this board and among analysts is that Eric Decker only had that season because Peyton Manning was throwing to him. Well, Sanders is his replacement, so there you go. He is a relevant target in a pass happy offense and the best regular season QB ever is throwing to him. He also did fairly well last year playing in Pittsburgh behind Antonio Brown, so you can pretty much say anything you want about his level of talent except for "talentLESS". If you are able to get him for a WR3 draft price for some reason you'll probably win your league.
  • petekrum and buckeyestilidie like this

Team 1 (12 team, 6 point pass TD) (8-5) (2nd seed, first round BYE) 

Week 15 lineup TBD: Big Ben, Cobb, Harry Douglas, K.Benjamin, Forte, Murray, Gronkowski, Blount, Vinatieri, Baltimore DST
Bench: Romo, Terrance Williams, Doug Baldwin, Kadeem Carey, Joseph Randle, Cleveland DST

Team 2 (12 team, 1/25 return yardage) (8-5) (3rd seed)

Week 14 lineup: Brees, Cobb, TY Hilton, Chris Johnson, Forte, Delanie Walker, Harry Douglas, Parkey, Baltimore DST
Bench: Edelman, Delanie Walker, Chris Ivory. Ka'Deem Carey, Kansas City DST, Pierre Thomas

Team 3 (10 team standard) (10-3) (1st Seed, first round BYE)

Week 15 lineup TBD: Brady, Forte, Miller, AJ Green, Jordy, Gronkowski, Gordon, Bailey, Baltimore DST
Bench: Rashad Jennings, Dan Bailey, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon, Lamar Miller, 49ers DST

#9 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

There is no reason why he can't have a season similar to Eric Decker's 2013, or any reason to not anticipate it unless you really think Peyton is just going to have an atrocious season relative to 2013. The consensus on this board and among analysts is that Eric Decker only had that season because Peyton Manning was throwing to him. Well, Sanders is his replacement, so there you go. He is a relevant target in a pass happy offense and the best regular season QB ever is throwing to him. He also did fairly well last year playing in Pittsburgh behind Antonio Brown, so you can pretty much say anything you want about his level of talent except for "talentLESS". If you are able to get him for a WR3 draft price for some reason you'll probably win your league.

The fact that he isn't 6'3 220+ could be a factor....or the fact that his hands aren't as reliable as Decker, that could be a factor too.

With that said I'M LOVING THIS!! F*** off KC and that garbage "qb." As a E. Sanders owner in a dynasty league this just made my week. I think 100 catches is asking a lot but 80, 1100, and 8-10 is no where near out of the question. The guy has a bunch of short space quickness which will help him in the red zone and should see a ton of single coverage.

As my WR4 in my 12 team league behind Calvin, Cobb, and DJax I am very hopeful for this season. Anyone who says CSB can go s*** it, this is exciting news for me.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin, 17 March 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#10 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

CSB
  • Shabba Rankz likes this
This post is rated "G".

#11 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

That's bold. Decker had a pretty monster season. I think sanders will be lucky to have half as many TDs. Judging by the two contracts GMs also think decker is more talented. I think sanders will have a nice year but 2013 Decker is too large of shoes to fill. We shall see

#12 Bluecore

Bluecore

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Let me be clear, since my statement was more of indictment than I meant it to be. Sanders will be a high end WR3 on paper with MASSIVE WR2 or even low WR1 upside on any given day. Which is why I say, if you pay a WR3 price for him, you are in great shape.

Also, the comments about his size are completely relevant and I agree, which is why I used the vague language of "similar season" and not something like, "just as good of a season or better". I also don't think Manning will repeat what he did in 2013, but that doesn't mean I think he's gonna go from 50+ TDs to 25. He could very well throw 35-45 again; why not? People's only evidence against why it couldn't happen is precedent with other players who are not Peyton Manning.

Edited by Bluecore, 17 March 2014 - 07:55 PM.

• lolcopter likes this

Team 1 (12 team, 6 point pass TD) (8-5) (2nd seed, first round BYE) 

Week 15 lineup TBD: Big Ben, Cobb, Harry Douglas, K.Benjamin, Forte, Murray, Gronkowski, Blount, Vinatieri, Baltimore DST
Bench: Romo, Terrance Williams, Doug Baldwin, Kadeem Carey, Joseph Randle, Cleveland DST

Team 2 (12 team, 1/25 return yardage) (8-5) (3rd seed)

Week 14 lineup: Brees, Cobb, TY Hilton, Chris Johnson, Forte, Delanie Walker, Harry Douglas, Parkey, Baltimore DST
Bench: Edelman, Delanie Walker, Chris Ivory. Ka'Deem Carey, Kansas City DST, Pierre Thomas

Team 3 (10 team standard) (10-3) (1st Seed, first round BYE)

Week 15 lineup TBD: Brady, Forte, Miller, AJ Green, Jordy, Gronkowski, Gordon, Bailey, Baltimore DST
Bench: Rashad Jennings, Dan Bailey, Kelvin Benjamin, Josh Gordon, Lamar Miller, 49ers DST

#13 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Let me be clear, since my statement was more of indictment than I meant it to be. Sanders will be a high end WR3 on paper with MASSIVE WR2 or even low WR1 upside on any given day. Which is why I say, if you pay a WR3 price for him, you are in great shape.

Also, the comments about his size are completely relevant and I agree, which is why I used the vague language of "similar season" and not something like, "just as good of a season or better". I also don't think Manning will repeat what he did in 2013, but that doesn't mean I think he's gonna go from 50+ TDs to 25. He could very well throw 35-45 again; why not? People's only evidence against why it couldn't happen is precedent with other players who are not Peyton Manning.

I gotcha, that's fair. I agree he's gonna have some good weeks, I just don't expect as many huge ones as decker. Sanders definitely has some wheels he's just underperformed in my eyes on where he could be. Maybe going from Big Ben to the Man will take him to the next level. I just think even if decker stays he and the entire offense take at least a small step back to reality and manning throws for 4900/40 and somebody's value has to dip. I think the biggest thing that will affect sanders value would be an injury to any of the other weapons

#14 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Sanders isn't a lock to slide in and be what Decker was, a stud WR2...but if he can come at flex price I'm absolutely buying. I think he's very ideal to draft as a WR3, with his upside. You can't just can't underestimate Peyton, he's done much more with less talent. Emmanuel could be a WR2 next year for sure, but don't count on it. I just wonder when he's gonna go come August. He has enough risk, being on a new team and there being unknown I wouldn't think he'd skyrocket all the way up to WR2 price but he might come close.

#15 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Not all receivers get the same love from Manning, look at Brandon Stokley. With Thomas, Thomas and Welker to throw to, I have my doubts about Sanders.

#16 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,346 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Sanders will be on every single list come July/August. It will either be an expert saying how much they love him or how much they hate him but he will be a highly discussed player going into the season.

#17 My Dinner With Andre

My Dinner With Andre

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

He was a big disappointment last year in Pittsburgh.

He was primed for a big year with Wallace gone, but he stunk and they phased him out as the season wore on.

#18 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:05 PM

Hmmm...quick crossing patterns are his most effective routes and he now is in the 3WR sets with P. Manning at QB? Am I missing something? How can you not like his prospects?

#19 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hmmm...quick crossing patterns are his most effective routes and he now is in the 3WR sets with P. Manning at QB? Am I missing something? How can you not like his prospects?

Genuine question, as I didn't pay too much attention last year, where did Welker primarily work from? My assumption (pure assumption here, based off of no facts) is that Welker is better suited for the short stuff and Sanders will use his speed on the outside. Again, this is pure speculation, and a legitimate question.
I do it for the likes...

#20 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:43 PM

Cotchery played slot most of the time, but, to maximize Antonio Brown, the Steelers receivers moved around. Sanders can play inside or out, but he really wasn't very effective last year even though Miller and Wheaton were injured or limited for most of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users