338 replies to this topic

#1 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

He and his agent are really making Monte Ball dynasty owners sweat this one out. Where is there left for him to go - ATL, MIA, TEN?

#2 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

What about Oakland? Not like McFadden is gonna give you 16 games.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#3 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

What about Oakland? Not like McFadden is gonna give you 16 games.

Oakland is betting on Murray. I doubt that they will sign Moreno. At this point, is it implausible that Moreno might just resign with Denver?

Team 1: Lacy Panties And Crabs | 16-Team PPR IDP | 5-2 Record
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Justin Forsett, Jerick McKinnon, Jonas Gray
WR: Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Roddy White, Michael Floyd, Michael Crabtree, Justin Hunter
TE: Jermaine Gresham, Larry Donnell
LB: DeAndre Levy, Paul Worrilow, Demario Davis, Jerrell Freeman
DL: Sheldon Richardson, Jerry Hughes
DB: Perrish Cox, Dawan Landry, Vontae Davis      K: Brandon McManus

Team 2: Yo Soy Fiesta | 12-Team Dynasty PPR | 3-4 Record
QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Rashad Jennings, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde, Joseph Randle
WR: Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Julian Edelman, Michael Crabtree, Martavis Bryant, Paul Richardson
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce      K: Brandon McManus      D/ST: Detroit Lions

Team 3: Josh Gordon Chevy | 12-Team Auction 0.5 PPR | 3-4 Record
QB: Carson Palmer, Colin Kaepernick
RB: LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill, Isaiah Crowell
WR: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Terrance Williams, Doug Baldwin, Odell Beckham Jr, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce      K: Brandon McManus      D/ST: Detroit Lions

#4 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

It seemed like everyone especially rotoworld had written him off as gone from Denver but I always thought there was an outside chance he re-signed if his market was cold. It sure seems like it is. I don't think Denver will pay him a lot because they're ready to move on to Ball, it would be a shame if he had to take a cheap contract after the season he had and be the 1b option or backup. Although Ball could easily bonehead his way to the bench and give the job back to Moreno.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#5 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Houston has a glaring need for a Tate Replacement, Moreno could fit that role nicely. Plus they have more $$$ then Denver.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
Colts (Defense)
Phil Dawson (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
Matt Forte (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#6 JayCutler

JayCutler

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:11 AM

Miami should be the favorite. I'm not drafting him though. I'd rather take chances on Gerhardt, Tate, or Richardson.

#7 munde53

munde53

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

With the way things are going, what are his chances landing back with the Broncos? I'm guessing they'd be able to sign him for dirt cheap.

#8 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

With the way things are going, what are his chances landing back with the Broncos? I'm guessing they'd be able to sign him for dirt cheap.

If they can re-sign him for the right price, they definitely will. Peyton trusts him with the blocking, and that's their number one priority.

RB: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Justin Forsett, Jerick McKinnon, Jonas Gray
WR: Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Roddy White, Michael Floyd, Michael Crabtree, Justin Hunter

RB: LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Rashad Jennings, Fred Jackson, Carlos Hyde, Joseph Randle
WR: Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Julian Edelman, Michael Crabtree, Martavis Bryant, Paul Richardson
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce      K: Brandon McManus      D/ST: Detroit Lions

WR: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, Terrance Williams, Doug Baldwin, Odell Beckham Jr, Josh Gordon

#9 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I thought there was a decent chance he re-signed with Denver but I would've thought it would happen by now if it was going to. His market is clearly pretty cold so now would be the time for Denver to swoop in and offer him a couple mil a year to come back and play with Peyton. It seems like they really have no interest in him, at least not right now.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#10 k.k.

k.k.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

So Miami it is. Tells you all you need to know about how the Dolphins feel about D.Thomas and L.Miller. Probably looking at a share of sorts between Miller and Moreno, much like Ball and Moreno were trotted out there in the 2nd half of the season for Denver. That's my thinking anyway. Moreno's value has to take a hit going to Miami obviously. I'm assuming that's the consensus, or is there a shot for him to flourish once again in 2014?

#11 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

So Miami it is. Tells you all you need to know about how the Dolphins feel about D.Thomas and L.Miller. Probably looking at a share of sorts between Miller and Moreno, much like Ball and Moreno were trotted out there in the 2nd half of the season for Denver. That's my thinking anyway. Moreno's value has to take a hit going to Miami obviously. I'm assuming that's the consensus, or is there a shot for him to flourish once again in 2014?

The way the run game was called in Miami last year, there is positively no shot. If they deviate from that completely, sure.
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#12 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,060 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I think I can still like gillislee here not like Moreno is the mascot for health, but his way is def more blocked then it was...

#13 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

The way the run game was called in Miami last year, there is positively no shot. If they deviate from that completely, sure.

Mike Sherman, who had no business running an NFL offense, got fired. Their new OC Bill Lazor should call a lot more run plays. Obviously Moreno's not matching his 2013 DEN production but he may still produce decent fantasy lines if he's the 3 down RB in MIA.
  • Proteus likes this

#14 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Yes, but I doubt they will use him as a 3-down back. Thomas is horrible, but Miller has shown talent. There will most likely be some kind of timeshare.

#15 mdw5048

mdw5048

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Dolphins fan here.

Currently rostered: Moreno, Miller, Daniel Thomas, Mike Gillislee.

The Dolphins may still cut ties with Thomas, however, I could see this shaping up to be a 2013 Patriots situation. Never knowing who is going to carry the load week in and week out. Starting Miller on a week where Gillislee randomly scores 2 TDs. I think it's going to be pretty frustrating.

#16 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Miami should be the favorite. I'm not drafting him though. I'd rather take chances on Gerhardt, Tate, or Richardson.

Bunch of people thought the same thing this year, minus Gerhardt.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
Colts (Defense)
Phil Dawson (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
Matt Forte (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#17 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

from Peyton to Tannehill

behind what Oline???

would have to come cheap. Miller is not dead.

#18 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

from Peyton to Tannehill

behind what Oline???

would have to come cheap. Miller is not dead.

Miller... that's the guy who couldn't beat out Daniel Thomas for touches right? That's good as dead to me. ;)
I do it for the likes...

#19 cbe_88

cbe_88

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Interesting landing spot for Moreno...he looks to easily cease the starting job, but it's a massive downgrade of a situation from Denver. He'll have to face stacked boxes for the first time in two years, and behind a suspect QB an oline, and me never believing Moreno was ever a very nice talent, I'm not that excited.

That said, starting RB's are starting RB's, and I think he'll definitely be one, and in an offense that can at least be relatively functional in 2014 he has a decent shot for 8, or maybe even double digit TD's. He's definitely on my RB3 radar, with RB2 upside, but I'd really love to see Miami address their oline first. In the oline's current state, Moreno is an RB3 with upside right now.

#20 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Has just as much value as Ben Tate and Toby Gerhart right now in terms of the teams he's playing on.

They probably won't stack the box, they do have pretty competent receivers and tannehill is arguably better than hoyer and definitely better than chad henne.

Miller may win the job if he takes big steps forward, people were really touting him last year so I assume that wasn't just hyperbole. But with Morenos experience and prior success he's on equal footing with Tate and Gerhart. If he falls below them then that's excellent value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users