20 replies to this topic

#1 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,426 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Nice move for Blount and solid pick up for the Steelers.

Edited by Winky, 28 March 2014 - 02:43 PM.

This post is rated "G".

#2 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

If the Steelers line comes into its own you could see a lot of tired and beat up front sevens trying to stop him and Bell late in games. They might eat into each other's carries but improve each other's ypc.
  • Robrain likes this
QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#3 slowride

slowride

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

Given recent reports of short yardage/goal line duties, as well as more work between the 20s than previously thought, this seems like an ideal depth pick up via FA with only 16% ownership across Yahoo.

#4 mjb03003

mjb03003

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Not sure what to make of the recent reports that Blount is a "co-starter" with Le'Veon Bell in Pittsburgh, and Tomlin's statement that he views him as more than a "red-zone and goal-line back."

If he's getting 8-12 carries and goal line work, he's a nice guy to have on the bench, and a possible flex play once injuries and bye weeks start hitting.
  • mmrodri likes this

10 team 2-QB, PPR, IDP, Auction dynasty
QB1 - Peyton Manning, QB2 - Colin Kaepernick
WR1 - Julio Jones, WR2 - Steve Smith Sr.
RB1 - Matt Forte, RB2 - Giovani Bernard
TE - Travis Kelce
W/R - Ronnie Hillman
W/T - Keenan Allen
Bench - Derek Carr, Mike Evans, Michael Crabtree, Cordarrelle Patterson, Davante Adams, Ladarius Green

DB1 - Harrison Smith, DB2 - Kenny Vaccaro, DB3 - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
DL1 - Cameron Wake, DB2 - Carlos Dunlap, DL3 - Jadaveon Clowney
LB1 - Lavonte David, LB2 - Paul Worrilow LB3 - Ryan Shazier
D Flex - K.J. Wright
Bench - Kiko Alonso, Dont'a Hightower

IR - Paul Posluszny

#5 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

So I hear what the talkin heads say but what kind of fantasy impact does this if any have on Le'veon Bell? Im a pittsburgh native and wasnt a big fan of drafting Bell, with that said I came around and I think he is a hell of a player, Blount is negative impact on Bell in my opinon....

#6 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Very encouraging usage for Blount in the preseason!

Week 3 is usually the tuneup game as a predictor of things to come, and he split the work with Bell right down the middle. Even pulled in 3 catches.

I like that Tomlin thinks highly of Blount (on the field work). The fact that they've been introduced as co-starters during the preseason makes me love Blount's ADP more and more.

"They’re both going to get their share," Tomlin said of Blount and Le'Veon Bell. "We’ll deal with that on a game-by-game basis based on the plan."

I love RW's reactions. If he can get close to 50% of the work and the majority of the goal line opportunities, he's a rock solid RB2.

Even if he earns the majority of the goal-line opportunities, Blount is little more than a mid-range RB3.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Ben Tate, Mark Ingram, Bryce Brown
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Rueben Randle, Odell Beckham, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Ryan Mathews, Jeremy Hill
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz

#7 jeffnsee

jeffnsee

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Do you think this is gonna be more of a 50/50 split workload between Bell and Blout? Or is Blount just there to give Bell the occasional breather
Yahoo standard 12 team league

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB1: Bishop Sankey
RB2: Jerick McKinnon
WR1: Demaryius Thomas
WR2: Dez Bryant
WR3: Pierre Garcon
TE: Ron Gronkowski
FLEX: Reggie Bush
K: Brandon McManus
DEF: Stream

Bench: Greg Olsen, CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews, Jordan Matthews, Odell Beckham Jr., Storm Johnson

#8 93_Confirmed

93_Confirmed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

60/30/10 between Bell/Blount/Archer.

Josh Gordon Thread - 9/10/14 "Never Forget"

Earned 3 Warning Points

Served 2 Week Rotoworld Suspension 9/10/14 - 9/24/14

#9 ShivaBlaster

ShivaBlaster

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Do you think this is gonna be more of a 50/50 split workload between Bell and Blout? Or is Blount just there to give Bell the occasional breather

I don't see this being a timeshare unless Bell really poops the bed. I think Blount is there for short yardage/GL carries/spelling Bell. I have him rostered in one league as a final pick flier as he would have value should Bell go down.

Edited by ShivaBlaster, 04 September 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#10 cutter311

cutter311

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

60/30/10 between Bell/Blount/Archer.

I agree with this...HOWEVER...

If Bell continues to roll out 3.5 ypc and Blount contiues to throw out 4.7'ish, I can see a scenario where Blount gets closer to an even split w/ Bell.
I love the workload that Bell got last year, but that 3.5 ypc & his 30th ranked Point Per Touch (a stat I like to use to gauge effectiveness combining run/catch) are why I did not consider him a top 12 RB this year.

Heaven knows I've been wrong before (Ingram [many times], Spiller, Felix Jones, and the list goes on)...but on occasion the #'s tell the story.

PS: Blount finished 8th on my Points Per Touch list...This stat does not do any favors for guys like Bell (or any heavy workload guys), but I like it cuz it shows what some of these guys can do if given the chance. (Jam #2, Ellington #4, McCoy #6), Not saying I use it as a draft list, but I have looked at it to see if there's something not shown in the overall #'s

Edited by cutter311, 04 September 2014 - 12:26 PM.

QB: Wilson
RB: Jam, Ellington, Jennings, A. Williams, Vereen, Starks, Randle
WR: Jordy, Cooks, Torrey, CPoo84, Gordon*
TE: FotW
D: Seattle
K: Rookie from AZ

12-team / redraft / money league

#11 Deadpool

Deadpool

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,424 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

I bet this will be 60/40 in favor of Bell to Blount. Archer will rarely run the ball.

I can guarantee Blount will be getting more yards per carry than Bell this year, they won't be able to keep him off the field.
12 Team Keeper, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Ben Tate, Mark Ingram, Bryce Brown
WR: Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, Rueben Randle, Odell Beckham, Josh Gordon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski

12 Team Redraft, 0.5 PPR, All TDs = 6 pts
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Giovani Bernard, Alfred Morris, Ryan Mathews, Jeremy Hill
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Wallace, Michael Crabtree, Percy Harvin, Josh Gordon
TE: Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz

#12 JSelvig

JSelvig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

I bet this will be 60/40 in favor of Bell to Blount. Archer will rarely run the ball.

I can guarantee Blount will be getting more yards per carry than Bell this year, they won't be able to keep him off the field.

I wouldn't be too certain of a higher ypc. The Steelers run blocking was bad last year with Pouncy out. I don't know why everyone immediately points to his ypc in his first year and thinks him the next TRich. Hell, LaDainian Tomlinson averaged 3.6 ypc his first year and he turned out just fine in his career. Not saying he'll be LT but sometimes RB's have a lower ypc for various reasons, its not all on them. I'd say his and Blounts ypc will be very close.

#13 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

Big game tonight... does he have much stand alone value or is he more of a handcuff?

#14 deuce4off

deuce4off

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

Big game tonight... does he have much stand alone value or is he more of a handcuff?

Handcuff.  I guess if you're desperate on someone's bye week he could fill in if Pittsburgh is playing a weak team.  But that just means your bench is awful.  He's simply a cuff

I couldn't care less about your teams

#15 RogerGoodell

RogerGoodell

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:03 AM

Strong game from the big man.
#FreeJoshGordon

QB: Nick Foles
WR: Calvin Johnson, Josh Gordon
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Matt Forte
TE: Julius Thomas
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Houston

#16 oscars2212

oscars2212

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

He got all his points in garbage time when the Steelers were so far ahead that neither team cared what happened on the field.  I think he is a bye week filler at best, unless Bell goes down that is.

#17 burninglegs

burninglegs

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Any chance game against TB is a blowout and Blount gets more garbage time? Trying to figure if he might be a good pickup this week to consider playing this week.

#18 ShivaBlaster

ShivaBlaster

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

Any chance game against TB is a blowout and Blount gets more garbage time? Trying to figure if he might be a good pickup this week to consider playing this week.

I'm hoping so, he'll be a desperation bye-week start for me in one league.   TB is atrociously bad, so I think it's safe to bet on Blount seeing a fair amount of garbage time action...I'll be happy with whatever I can get.   Hopefully the Steelers run up the score early and often.

#19 JSelvig

JSelvig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:20 PM

I'm hoping so, he'll be a desperation bye-week start for me in one league.   TB is atrociously bad, so I think it's safe to bet on Blount seeing a fair amount of garbage time action...I'll be happy with whatever I can get.   Hopefully the Steelers run up the score early and often.

I'd be worried about the Steelers already mediocre defense suffering from injuries. As bad as TB has looked it wouldn't surprise me if they kept in relatively close.

#20 ShivaBlaster

ShivaBlaster

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

I'd be worried about the Steelers already mediocre defense suffering from injuries. As bad as TB has looked it wouldn't surprise me if they kept in relatively close.

Even if this is the case, there's still a decent chance Blount knocks in a GL carry.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users