137 replies to this topic

#1 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,388 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

In light of DJax being released, they signed this massive 6'7" WR to a futures contract after the season ended.

He was on the Eagles roster during last preseason, but I think he still needed some more time to polish up his game coming off a college knee injury (torn ACL). He reportedly ran a 4.39 40-yard dash for the Eagles coaches at a private workout after he went undrafted, which led to them signing him last season.

I believe former Eagles legendary WR Harold Carmichael is still mentoring Ifeanyi Momah. Harold Carmichael was a 6'8" converted basketball player who was named to the NFL's 1970's All-Decade Team after amassing 590 receptions for 8,985 receiving yards and 79 TDs [18th most career TD receptions in NFL history], and who also set a record at the time by catching a pass in 127 consecutive games.

If you're looking for a real sleeper to slide in at the end of your roster, this guy probably has the most potential, especially with DJax now gone and Jeremy Maclin still needing to prove to everyone that he's over the ACL tear he suffered on July 27, 2013.

Momah suffered his ACL tear during his 2011 college season opening game. He put up 8 catches for 157 receiving yards that game before going down with the injury. He lost his appeal for a sixth college season (redshirted his junior year), which forced him to enter the 2012 NFL Draft. He went undrafted and spent 2012 rehabbing his torn ACL, not rushing his recovery. During the 2013 offseason, he met with the Eagles for a private workout and chose them over the Saints, Steelers, and Browns.

Edited by Robrain, 29 March 2014 - 10:29 AM.

• DaGreatest, SportsFanEvan and screaming_vultures like this
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#2 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Ok Robrain, you can't just smack the keyboard, type 2014 next to it and call it a sleeper.
  • Golden Spikes, ginocan, Jamaro85 and 2 others like this

#3 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,388 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Ok Robrain, you can't just smack the keyboard, type 2014 next to it and call it a sleeper.

GPWMC 2014 Season Outlook
  • FFCollusion and screaming_vultures like this

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#4 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

lmao......

I'm sorry I can't read his name w/o cracking up.

name is pronounced completely different than how it read in my mind.

I'm disappointed :( .

Edited by Giants4XChamps, 30 March 2014 - 02:18 AM.

#5 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Introducing the new & improved Ramses Barden thread...
  • fredth3cat, LIONS FAN-dsn, Jamaro85 and 2 others like this
This post is rated "G".

#6 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

carmichael or pinkston?

worth a shot

#7 fredth3cat

fredth3cat

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

lmao......

I wouldn't have guessed his parents' names: Nathan and Gloria

Dude's best college season saw him catch 19 passes in 13 games. How does this guy have "potential"?

#8 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

So Robrain is this guy better than Ramses Barden? I mean come on, don't get me all excited for nothing.

Edited by pikerbkb, 31 March 2014 - 12:13 AM.

(12:56) T.Richardson up the middle to 50 for -5 yards (W.Mercilus). :)  :)  :) 

#9 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,388 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

He's 6'7" and can run a 4.39. He's a god amongst men.
  • Iron-cock and screaming_vultures like this

#10 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

lmao......

I wouldn't have guessed his parents' names: Nathan and Gloria

Dude's best college season saw him catch 19 passes in 13 games. How does this guy have "potential"?

He Doesn't.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#11 LIONS FAN-dsn

LIONS FAN-dsn

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

He's 6'7" and can run a 4.39. He's a god amongst men.

Got to admit that size and 40 time is impressive. I'd like to see it even lol, seems like it would be funny to watch.
Team 1: (12 Team PPR)
QB - Matt Stafford
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - LeVeonBell
WR- Torrey Smith
WR- Golden Tate
TE - Kyle Rudolph
flex- Pierre Thomas
d/st- Bengals
K - Nick Folk

Bench: Ryan Mathews, Brandin Cooks, Khiry Robinson, Mike Evans, Colin Kaepernick

#12 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Didn't Robrain spend a good chunk of the 2013 offseason repping this guy? I had him on my radar until the team demoted him to the practice squad...All-in-all, I'd say there are far worse places to hedge bets...

#13 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,388 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Didn't Robrain spend a good chunk of the 2013 offseason repping this guy? I had him on my radar until the team demoted him to the practice squad...All-in-all, I'd say there are far worse places to hedge bets...

Main reason he's back on my radar is because of the DJax shenanigans. DJax instantly gone, Maclin not necessarily 100%, Riley Cooper sucks without DJax or Maclin drawing bracket coverage...this guy is 6'7", if he starts making plays during preseason, the fantasy world is going to notice quick. I'd be getting him on the end of my bench in dynasty leagues if you're allowed to make offseason moves.
  • mmrodri likes this

#14 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Main reason he's back on my radar is because of the DJax shenanigans. DJax instantly gone, Maclin not necessarily 100%, Riley Cooper sucks without DJax or Maclin drawing bracket coverage...this guy is 6'7", if he starts making plays during preseason, the fantasy world is going to notice quick. I'd be getting him on the end of my bench in dynasty leagues if you're allowed to make offseason moves.

Threads like this are why I'm even on this forum. I'm not in a dynasty league, but I love hearing about guys that could potentially be had in rounds 10-16 that nobody else would think to draft. Sure a lot of them end up being duds, but you're no worse off than had you drafted a bunch of handcuffs or committe/lotto tickets.
  • Iron-cock likes this

#15 rperricone

rperricone

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

I hear his brother Yo is much better
  • ginocan, GottaGetTheWin, Robrain and 2 others like this
12-team. Dynasty. 53 man active. 8 man PS. Salary and year cap.

QB - Aaron Rodgers - Carson Palmer - Logan Thomas
RB - DeMarco Murray - Ellington - Ridley - Blount - James White - Benny Cunningham - Dwyer
WR - Andre Johnson - DeSean Jackson - Torrey Smith - Wayne - Terrance Williams
Stills - Broyles
TE - Witten - Martellus Bennett - Fiedorowicz
OL - Evans (NO) - Bakhtiari (GB) - Franklin (DEN) - Okung (SEA) - Martin (DAL) - Martin (SF)
Oher (TEN) - Collins (TB) - Loadholt (MIN) - Bernadeau (DAL)
DB - Whitner - Webb - Aaron Williams - Ryan Clark - Boykin
Kyle Arrington - Jimmy Smith - Tony Jefferson - Darian Stewart
DL - Chris Long - Tuck - Akiem Hicks - Adrian Clayburn - Andre Branch - Selvie - Melton
LB - CJ Mosley - Greenway - Mason Foster - Melvin Ingram - Kruger - Durant
Shaun Phillips - Jacquian Williams - Jarvis Jones - Foote
PK - Zuerlein
XP - Chris Jones - Janikowski
IR - Sean Lee - Van Noy

#16 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,388 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

Some updates now that we're further along with the summer schedules...

Chip Kelly seems to still believe in his potential:

http://articles.phil...-desean-jackson

http://espn.go.com/b...s-size-pays-off

Beat reporters have been talking positively about his chances of making the 53-man roster this offseason:

https://www.google.c...i momah&tbm=nws

Just go backwards through the news articles and see for yourself. He's been standing out this offseason.

#17 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Who is he going to play over? Not starting over any of Maclin, Cooper, or Mathews. Isn't going to ahead of Ertz or even Celek. Maybe becomes a solid red zone option but I don't see him all of a sudden becoming the next T.O.

#18 Giants4XChamps

Giants4XChamps

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

^ I think we've been around long enough to know that Robrain plays in deeper leagues 14+ teamers.....

Gotta dig deep sometimes my man.

#19 kobe24

kobe24

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

^ I think we've been around long enough to know that Robrain plays in deeper leagues 14+ teamers.....

Gotta dig deep sometimes my man.

I play in several 20 teamers and I still wouldn't roster this guy lol

#20 binhdvu83

binhdvu83

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I play in two 32 team leagues and never heard of this guy, looks like I'll have to do a quick google search
30 team (9-cat) H2H NBA dynasty league 1st year
G: CP3, J. Butler, J. Jack, S. Livingston, P. Prigioni
F: T. Harris, C. Frye, B. Diaw, M. Miller
C: M. Gasol, B. Wright

30 team (8-cat) H2H NBA dynasty league 6th year
PG: M. Chalmers, G. Vasquez, P. Prigioni
SG: A. Bradley, D. Harris
SF: N. Batum, J. Johnson, Q. Pondexter
PF: D. Nowitzki, T. Gibson
C: Anthony Davis, C. Bosh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users