#1 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:balls of all kinds. footballs; soccer balls; footie balls. etc

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Noticed (or looked and found nothing...) that there isn't an updated thread for this guy yet.

In Boston, he'll have much better run support than he did to begin the year with Chicago last season. He also should have a nice IF behind him. While the days of a 9K per IP ratio are likely over, is it unreasonable to think he could pitch 180IP+ with an ERA around or below the 3.40-3.50 range, or would that be asking a lot from him?

I know he was sub-par last year, but given the circumstances.... I do admit I forget what type of injury issues he had dealt with, but know that he did have some nice outings while still in Chicago even though that team was a mess from day #1. I forgot how he fared once he got to BOS.... other than that little offseason story of his boat or world series float or..... whatever. (That's all I can think of when I hear his name right now, sadly.)

Anyway, he was limited in spring training but is evidently ready to start the season (I think I just read). His spring stats in 2 (or 3?) starts, despite being limited, were not bad by any means. Not that I put too much stock in it but when coming back from injury it's a little important and he had an issue with his finger early on if I remember. Assuming he cracks the opening rotation, anyone have any numbers they wanna throw down for fun?
He is a total enigma to me, to be honest, so it would be interesting to hear some insight on people who follow the Red Sox or know anything about his current status beyond the basics I shared. Numbers aside, I was just kidding (kind of- feel free if you want I guess).

Edited by Milk Me, 29 March 2014 - 08:55 PM.

recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#2 getthebosak

getthebosak

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

He's so enigmatic with his heatlh that it's tough to predict but I think his ceiling is around what you stated as a mid 3 era pitcher, I think that era range is more likely to be hit then 180ip. The guy is just always hurt, and his biggest problem is he's such a beast he tries to play through when he should be resting. That inevitably compounds whatever he's dealing with and causes him to miss more time. I picked him up as a speculative add with Minor on the DL, but I'm hoping he gets off to a decent enough start that I can deal him before any injuries. He'll definitely have added run support, and more win opportunity with the socks of red as opposed to his luck with the white.

I project somewhere in the ballpark of 165ip with a 3.8-3.9 era. He'll have solid k/bb ratios but may be more homer prone.
  • Milk Me likes this
10 team H2H 5X5

C- Jonathon Lucroy
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Kipnis
3B- Todd Frazier
SS- Jean Segura
OF- Justin Upton
OF-Austin Jackson
OF- Alex Gordon
UTIL- JD Martinez
UTIL- Eric Hosmer
Bench- Starlin Castro, Ryan Zimmerman, Oscar Tavares
DL-Joey Votto
SP-Max Sherzer, Mike Minor, Cole Hamels,Doug Fister, Corey Kluber, Jose Quintana
RP-K Rod, Casilla, Cody Allen

#3 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

masterful 1st inning striking out the side. triple by segura was fluke chopper down the line. but his pitch sequencing was perfect. good to see him looking sharp.
10-team H2H Standard ($200 Cap) 

QB: Peyton Manning $41
WR: Jeremy Maclin FA
WR: T.Y. Hilton (Via Trade)
RB: Lesean Mccoy $59
RB: Arian Foster (Via Trade)
TE: Greg Olsen $4
FLEX:  Andre Johnson $21
K: Adam Vinatieri $1
DEF: Baltimore FA

B: RB Trent Richardson $11, WR Steve Smith FA, WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, RB Jerick McKinnon FA, RB Bishop Sankey FA, RB Tre Mason FA, RB Bryce Brown

#4 itsmuddy

itsmuddy

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

masterful 1st inning striking out the side. triple by segura was fluke chopper down the line. but his pitch sequencing was perfect. good to see him looking sharp.

That's also got to be the first time I've ever seen someone get a triple down the left field line in fenway.
8 Team H2H Keeper

C-
1B- Jose Abreu
2B- Jason Kipinis
3B- Kyle Seager
SS- Jimmy Rollins
OF-  Ryan Braun, Jose Bautista, Adam Jones
UT- Billy Hamilton

BN- Matt Kemp
DL- Edwin Encarnacion, Troy Tulowitzki

SP- Chris Sale, Madison Bumgarner
RP- Glen Perkins, Sean Doolittle
P- Francisco Rodriquez, Aroldis Chapman, Zach Britton
BN- Hyun-jin Ryu, Julio Teheran, Cole Hamels, Gio Gonzalez, Garrett Richards, Hisashi Iwakuma, Jeff Samardzija, Doug Fister, Dallas Keuchel

DL-

#5 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

jinx

#6 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

jinx

i wasn't predicting future success just analyzing the 1st inning. he does seem to be falling apart control wise now sigh

B: RB Trent Richardson $11, WR Steve Smith FA, WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, RB Jerick McKinnon FA, RB Bishop Sankey FA, RB Tre Mason FA, RB Bryce Brown

#7 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

very solid outing for fenway and a pretty decent offense. his whip was uncharacteristically high so i'd expect that to get better.

#8 BxBOMBERs28

BxBOMBERs28

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

jinx

i wasn't predicting future success just analyzing the 1st inning. he does seem to be falling apart control wise now sigh

jus messin with ya... I've seen so many times over the years where a SP will be cruising along until a poster comments in his player thread during the start and ruins it.lol. He kept the damage to a minimum tho.. not bad. Hopefully he only improves on this start.
  • MiggyRunsTings likes this

#9 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

anyone trusting him at home against texas today?

#10 Cmilne23

Cmilne23

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,022 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

anyone trusting him at home against texas today?

Starting him with -50% confidence. I by no means am condoning others to follow my lead as Texas has historically owned him. But I'm chasing a win vs. Robbie Ross.

#11 Palmetto08

Palmetto08

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I'm sitting him today. 55 and sunny with a 15 mph NW wind FWIW

Edited by Palmetto08, 09 April 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#12 jb_power

jb_power

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

Do you know the direction that the 15 mph NW is blowing ... i.e towards center ... towards home plate?

Edited by jb_power, 09 April 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#13 Elohtub

Elohtub

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Do you know the direction that the 15 mph NW is blowing ... i.e towards center ... towards home plate?

I was going to make a wise a** comment till i saw the i.e. part :D. fenway sits on I90 left field backs to it so in theory a NW wind should be blowing in from left to right. I was hoping to find a website that details this info as i feel it is so important when trying to analyze what the wind means. Hopefully someone here willl know one.

#14 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

I was going to make a wise a** comment till i saw the i.e. part :D. fenway sits on I90 left field backs to it so in theory a NW wind should be blowing in from left to right. I was hoping to find a website that details this info as i feel it is so important when trying to analyze what the wind means. Hopefully someone here willl know one.

http://dailybaseball...-bin/weather.pl

Oh my friends, my friends, forgive me

That I live and you are gone.

There's a grief that can't be spoken.

There's a pain goes on and on.

#15 Palmetto08

Palmetto08

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

I don't. Was hoping a Red Sox fan would chime in

#16 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Its blowing left field to right field. Not in or out.

http://www.baseball-weather.com/
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#17 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

glad I rolled the dice. dudes dominating. everything seems to be working.

#18 Mexal

Mexal

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

glad I rolled the dice. dudes dominating. everything seems to be working.

Same. It was a last minute decision by me with Beltre out of the line up and glad I did. Mowing people down.

#19 johnsansomsmith

johnsansomsmith

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Good call, me. When he's on, he's on. Of course this applies to every pitcher, but Peavy is better than most.

#20 ManRam24

ManRam24

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Facing his former team tonight. Who is starting him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users