Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

* * * * - 11 votes

2014 April Closers ThreadWhen you play the Game of Saves, you're top 5 ROS or trash.


  • Please log in to reply
5034 replies to this topic

#5021 lemmyboy52

lemmyboy52

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

The Rockies have turned to Rex Brothers for a save with Hawkins having pitched the last two nights, and he gives up a lead off single. Let's see how this turns out!

#5022 Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

Rex Brothers is missing by seven feet here, six feet there.  Just plunked Parra...
10-team 5x5 ROTO re-draft

C Devin Mesoraco
1B Justin Morneau
2B Josh Harrison
3B Nolan Arenado
SS Ian Desmond
2B/SS Javier Baez
1B/3B Jose Bautista
UT Jonathan Lucroy
OF Justin Upton, Yasiel Puig, Nelson Cruz, Michael Brantley, Bryce Harper, Starling Marte
SP Chris Sale, Madison Bumgarner, Steven Strasburg, Alex Cobb, Tyson Ross
RP Sean Doolittle, Glen Perkins, Rafael Soriano, Zach Britton, LaTroy Hawkins
DL Yu Darvish

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak" - The Art of War

#5023 96mnc

96mnc

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

After watching this display I feel comfortable saying there's little chance Brothers takes Hawkins job.  If something happens to Hawkins the Rox would be better off looking elsewhere.  Brothers has no idea where the ball is going.

#5024 96mnc

96mnc

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

And there's the blown save for Brothers.

#5025 CAT

CAT

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Wow what happened to Brothers.  He was so good last year.

#5026 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

    All-Time Great

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,973 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

View Postlemmyboy52, on 30 April 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

The Rockies have turned to Rex Brothers for a save with Hawkins having pitched the last two nights, and he gives up a lead off single. Let's see how this turns out!

Not well......
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

*********

#5027 taobball

taobball

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Rex Brothers becomes the first pitcher (East Coast time) to blow a save in May!
2014 Fantasy Baseball - Windy City Heaters
16 Team H2H Points (Batters GP Max and Pitchers GS Max)
C: Yan Gomes / 1B: Victor Martinez / 2B: Kolten Wong / 3B: Martin Prado / SS: Javier Baez
OF: Adam Jones / OF: Jay Bruce / OF: Christian Yelich / UT: Desmond Jennings, Ben: Arismendy Alcantara
SP: Chris Sale, Garrett Richards, Jeff Samardzija, Jake Arrieta, Tyson Ross, Homer Bailey, Danny Salazar, Rick Porcello
RP: Jonathan Broxton, Delin Betances, Ken Giles
DL: George Springer

2014 Fantasy Baseball - Golden Domers
20 Team H2H Cats
C: A.J Pierzynksi / 1B: Eric Hosmer / 2B: Brad Miller / 3B: Evan Longoria / SS: Starlin Castro
OF: Matt Holliday / OF: Jayson Werth / OF: Leonys Martin / UT: Avisail Garcia
SP: Adam Wainwright, Sonny Gray, Brandon Beachy, Corey Kluber, Drew Smyly, Yordano Ventura, Martin Perez
RP: Huston Street, Chad Quallis, Pedro Strop
Bench: Kolten Wong, Ike Davis, Corey Dickerson, Mike Olt

#5028 dannyusf

dannyusf

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Saint Petersburg, FL

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

Technically it is May, but who cares! Brothers to top off April Closers thread with the blown save and solidifies Hawk as the closer! Fun talking with you all!
2013 Fantasy Baseball Champion Friends and Family League
Go Rays ! Go Orioles! Go Alex Cobb!
12 Team H2H Standard 5 Keepers
C: Posey
1B: Goldy!!!
2B: Pedroia
3B: Beltre
SS: Segura
OF: Marte, Jennings, Coco
UTL: Napoli
Bench: Bogaerts, Taveras, Willingham
SP: Darvish, Shields, Price, Cobb, Wacha, Bailey, Peralta
RP: Perkins, Britton, Mejia, Doolittle

If you have any questions you want to ask about your roster feel free to PM me.

#5029 The Czar

The Czar

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern California

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

Romo in to get the final out after Hudson went 8.2.
Baseball!

#5030 AnonymousRob

AnonymousRob

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,307 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

View PostBackdoor Slider, on 30 April 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postkidtwentytwo, on 30 April 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Take out Santo's two sub zero games where not only him but several other pitchers had control/gripping problems...

He as 8 innings 15k's 7h 5bb 2er

That's a 1.5 whip...while not great but a 2.25 era

I dropped him today in a league where I had 4 other closers...kinda wish I hadn't.  Oh well

Take out my uncle's two balls and he's my aunt.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

That said, a 1.5 whip is horrid. When you're removing bad games and STILL end up with results so high...that's Mitchell Boggs territory.
Want help in your A/C threads? Give details!!! Keeper/dynasty/redraft, ppr, league size, who is on your roster, roto/H2H, scoring system, etc.

#5031 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

    Superstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

If you took away your uncle's balls you'd still have an aunt with a penis

/thread

#5032 Jay85

Jay85

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Whats going on with Santos??? Why he is being dropped left and right on yahoo.
TEAM A - 10 team (head to head categories w/ OPS)
C - Carlos Santana - 1B- Mark Teixiera - 2B-  Josh Harrison - SS- Alexie Ramirez
3B- Adrian Beltre -Util- Matt Carpenter & Choo
OF- Melky Cabrera Jay Bruce, Matt Holliday, BN - Cargo Streamer -Denard Span, Danny Santana.

SP- MadBum, David Price, Scott Kazmir, Cole Hamels, Sonny Gray, Gerrit Cole, Johnny Cueto, J.Nelson,  
RP- Perkins, Chapma & Jake Petricka

#5033 Ragnaroker

Ragnaroker

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostJay85, on 01 May 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

Whats going on with Santos??? Why he is being dropped left and right on yahoo.

Please delete my post and move Jay85's post to the May thread so we can end this topic on CGOXMP's poetic verse.

#5034 emoney316

emoney316

    Single-A

  • Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostAnonymousRob, on 01 May 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

View PostBackdoor Slider, on 30 April 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postkidtwentytwo, on 30 April 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Take out Santo's two sub zero games where not only him but several other pitchers had control/gripping problems...

He as 8 innings 15k's 7h 5bb 2er

That's a 1.5 whip...while not great but a 2.25 era

I dropped him today in a league where I had 4 other closers...kinda wish I hadn't.  Oh well

Take out my uncle's two balls and he's my aunt.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

That said, a 1.5 whip is horrid. When you're removing bad games and STILL end up with results so high...that's Mitchell Boggs territory.

Most of this has to do with if you are in a deep or shallow league. Deeper leagues with less options take more intelligence. For instance Aaron Crow and Fernando Abad are the best relief pitchers unowned.

#5035 emoney316

emoney316

    Single-A

  • Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:50 AM

View Postemoney316, on 01 May 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostAnonymousRob, on 01 May 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

View PostBackdoor Slider, on 30 April 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postkidtwentytwo, on 30 April 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Take out Santo's two sub zero games where not only him but several other pitchers had control/gripping problems...

He as 8 innings 15k's 7h 5bb 2er

That's a 1.5 whip...while not great but a 2.25 era

I dropped him today in a league where I had 4 other closers...kinda wish I hadn't.  Oh well

Take out my uncle's two balls and he's my aunt.
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

That said, a 1.5 whip is horrid. When you're removing bad games and STILL end up with results so high...that's Mitchell Boggs territory.

Most of this has to do with if you are in a deep or shallow league. Deeper leagues with less options take more intelligence. For instance Aaron Crow and Fernando Abad are the best relief pitchers unowned.

in my league* everyone else is on a team




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users