20 replies to this topic

#1 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

I have this guy in a dynasty and there has been quite a bit of trade interest in him. What are people's feelings on him?
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#2 youngrice

youngrice

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

He's a very good young talent.  But personnally I think people are to high on him.  A Romo lead offense has never supported two top 20 WR's and Bryant is going to be the top dog for years to come.

#3 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

I think he'll make a fine WR3 for the price, considering he won't be a top 30 picked WR. He's gonna have some rough weeks but overall I think 60/70 catches 1000 yards and 6-10 TDs are very attainable

#4 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

View Postyoungrice, on 03 April 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

He's a very good young talent.  But personnally I think people are to high on him.  A Romo lead offense has never supported two top 20 WR's and Bryant is going to be the top dog for years to come.

Things should be a lot different this season with pass happy OC Linehan calling the shots in DAL. I think Williams is going to outproduce his ADP for sure. He's got the best chance to be this year's Alshon. Perfect storm between talent & opportunity set to hit for him this season in DAL.

#5 WhatWouldDitkaDo

WhatWouldDitkaDo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Williams is 6'2, 200 lbs and will get a lot of targets with Miles Austin gone. The NFL is moving toward tall, physical receivers that can go up for jump balls. Until teams start drafting more DBs that can press and cover these types of receivers, they will get plenty of scoring opportunities. I think Williams will way outperform his ADP. For my WR3 and beyond, I will almost always draft the taller, bigger player.
Fantasy football isn't a hobby; it's a way of life. Go Bears.

#6 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

I really like Williams in redraft leagues. His ADP likely won't come close to matching his production as this figures to be a prolific passing offense with Linehan calling plays and the Jones family so badly mismanage personnel that there is no skilled depth anywhere on the Cowboys roster. Williams, despite his limited skills, is a virtual lock to start opposite Dez and has WR3 written all over him.

In dynasty Williams is a sell high candidate. He is a poor route runner, showed no development even after landing the starting gig with Austin's 2013 injury, lacks the skills to be a top tier, and doesn't have the beast mode size to be the physical WR that Calvin is and Jefferey hopes to become. He is, however, only a second year player and Dez has injury concerns. He may improve to WR2 level with occasional big game production particularly when Dez is hurt.

#7 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostOl Blues, on 05 April 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

I really like Williams in redraft leagues. His ADP likely won't come close to matching his production as this figures to be a prolific passing offense with Linehan calling plays and the Jones family so badly mismanage personnel that there is no skilled depth anywhere on the Cowboys roster. Williams, despite his limited skills, is a virtual lock to start opposite Dez and has WR3 written all over him.

In dynasty Williams is a sell high candidate. He is a poor route runner, showed no development even after landing the starting gig with Austin's 2013 injury, lacks the skills to be a top tier, and doesn't have the beast mode size to be the physical WR that Calvin is and Jefferey hopes to become. He is, however, only a second year player and Dez has injury concerns. He may improve to WR2 level with occasional big game production particularly when Dez is hurt.

He was a bad route runner but now he has the whole offseason to work out the kinks. It was his rookie year, and most of the time WRs do nothing their rookie years, especially a 3rd rounder (Keenen Allen broke that mold). This guy has plenty of size and speed to be a great #2 to Dez, and #3 receiving target to Witten and Dez.

He can go deep and catch the short passes and get solid YAC, so they can do a lot of things with him. Cowboys ran a few reverses with him last year.

Even if his route running is spotty, he will put up WR3 numbers. If he gets better at it, then there is gobs of potential here for a WR2.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#8 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,242 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

Just FYI, Williams already had a 2014 Outlook page, so make sure to type his name into the search bar before just arbitrarily setting up another page.  

With that said, who would be a more attractive option between Williams and Reuben Randle?
"Any Given Pick Napa" 12-team Non-ppr Keeper League - Custom Scoring *2009, 2012, 2013 Champion*
2014 Keepers (Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, FJax)

#9 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

I like both players.
Randle is more polished and will be consistent week-to-week, but there's higher upside with Williams.
Dez draws more attention than Cruz and Dallas' defense is weak.
This post is rated "G".

#10 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostToO_BaD, on 05 April 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Just FYI, Williams already had a 2014 Outlook page, so make sure to type his name into the search bar before just arbitrarily setting up another page.  

With that said, who would be a more attractive option between Williams and Reuben Randle?

Very comparable players and situations. I like randle as a better overall WR but twill is in a better position for fantasy success. I expect the Dallas offense to throw more often and he is a clear cut starter across from dez. Giants have a little more WR depth and will likely run more with the addition of Jennings. I like them both to be drafted for a WR4 price and getting WR3 production. Randle likely gets more TDs with Williams getting the yards and targets

#11 Thad

Thad

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

I have him in a 12-team ppr dynasty and have been offered the 2nd pick of the 2nd round if I send Williams and the 3rd pick of the 3rd round of the 5 round rookie/FA draft. I take this trade right? He's not that good is he?

#12 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostThad, on 05 April 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

I have him in a 12-team ppr dynasty and have been offered the 2nd pick of the 2nd round if I send Williams and the 3rd pick of the 3rd round of the 5 round rookie/FA draft. I take this trade right? He's not that good is he?

I wouldn't even consider that. You're getting the 14th overall pick in the rookie draft which is a crap shoot at best.
The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#13 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

Randle or Williams depends entirely on Williams' development as Williams figures to be in the more dynamic offense. Check him out preseason to see if his route running is improving.

#14 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

I'm surprised guys seem to be a bit down on Williams. He should have great upside in the new offense. Gonna be pass happy down in Big D. He could really surprise guys this season and I would def look to take him as a potential sleeper in drafts.

#15 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

I think he's in line for a good season.  Cowboys should be as pass happy as ever under Linehan plus the non-upgraded defense.  Dez and Witten should still command most of the coverage leaving T-Will singled up.  I have him on my dynasty team but have a verbal agreement to trade him for a first round pick in 2015 upon the opening of our league.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#16 OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

View PostAlfonz289, on 31 May 2014 - 06:09 PM, said:

I think he's in line for a good season.  Cowboys should be as pass happy as ever under Linehan plus the non-upgraded defense.  Dez and Witten should still command most of the coverage leaving T-Will singled up.  I have him on my dynasty team but have a verbal agreement to trade him for a first round pick in 2015 upon the opening of our league.

I agree. Had 44 catches as a rookie. avg like 16.3 per catch and like 736 yrd rec. Let's say he catches 75 balls this season. Is a 1000 and 7-8Tds too much to ask for? His number might have been better if Austin hadn't come back later in the yr and took back the #2 job.

http://www.fftoolbox...fm?news_id=7256

https://www.youtube....h?v=r0lSnd2Gz2M

Edited by OrangeCrush, 31 May 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#17 Rob_P

Rob_P

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Like the kid a lot for this coming year.   He has opportunity as a starter in an offense that should throw a ton.  He has a stud WR that will get most fo the attention and he has a QB who is notorious for being afraid to throw to Dez when he is double teamed...or at least thats the perception.  I could see Williams being a solid WR 3 with some huge weeks sprinkled in.

#18 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

I am really high on Dez Bryant for this season but will be strongly considering taking a pass on him in order to select TWilliams 6-7 rounds later in the draft.  He's in a great situation as the team's unquestioned #2 WR and the opportunity to produce this year is big with DAL bringing in pass happy OC Linehan.  They can talk about running the ball all they want but the DAL defense should be horrible again.  It also helps that TWill proved he can play in this league with a really solid rookie season.

A 1,000+ yd & 8+TD season is will within reach.

#19 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Stop all the love and high predictions.  You guys are going to make me second guess the trade offer I have for him.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#20 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

There you are after the draft, you are excited because you got Terrance Williams in the 10th round thinking you got the next breakout WR!

Then you start to watch the Cowboys' games and this happens:

Posted Image

and then he aborts a rushing play without calling an audible and does this...

Posted Image

After enough of watching that, you are going to see your fantasy player do this:

Posted Image

Then you are going to be like........

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users