Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Levine Toilolo 2014 OutlookThe next Gonzalez?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Barring the Falcons drafting Amaro or Ebron, Toilolo looks to be the top tight end in Atlanta. He beat out Chase Coffman for the starting role (who has now been released) and has had a season to learn behind Tony Gonzalez.

We know that Matt Ryan will need his end zone relief valve and you can likely get Toi Box as a last round pick or off waivers because I doubt he'll be on anyone's immediate radar barring a preseason breakout. Ladarius Green is a much more popular choice because he got the chance to produce a little last year, but I think the upside to both TE's is relatively similar.

I've posted some articles and a highlight video for your reference. Guy is 6'8 and plays physical. I like him.

http://www.thefalcoh...fman-a-contract

#2 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Apparently he's a former basketball player. I like former basketball players.

#3 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Due to Gates' presence, I'd say Green's upside is actually lower.
I do it for the likes...

#4 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Too bad he can't catch or block.

#5 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Typical munde.

#6 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Tony G thinks otherwise.

http://www.cbssports.../levine-toilolo

Retired tight end Tony Gonzalez believes the sky's the limit for the Falcons' Levine Toilolo, a 6-8, 265-pounder who could step in for Gonzalez. "It’s going to be lights out with that guy because he’s that good of a player and he’s still going to get better," Gonzalez told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Two of Toilolo's 11 catches last season went for touchdowns.

#7 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

He's going to be more valuable in TD-heavy leagues.  I doubt he suddenly has a true breakout campaign.

Almost every TE these days is a former basketball player.  Seems like the only ones that aren't are the ones that don't have enough upside to make it onto your fantasy roster.

As we saw with Ifeanyi Momah last season, and Ramses Barden before him, being tall is only part of the equation.  I'll take this guy as my 3rd TE, sure, but I'm prepared to drop him for the next potential Tavon Austin or Jahvid Best just as quickly.

EDIT: and I actually am well aware of this guy.  I draft him on the majority of my Madden teams solely because him and TE Leonard Pope (much older) are the only 6'8" TE/WR's in the NFL, but remember that Madden is Madden.

Edited by Robrain, 07 April 2014 - 10:20 PM.

View PostHolben, on 20 July 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Jackie Battle...Better than Chris Johnson...

Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 12-Team PPR (Teamname: "Maniac Allstars"):
QB: Andrew Luck
WR1: Calvin Johnson - WR2: Torrey Smith - Bench: Josh Gordon, Chris Givens, Ryan Broyles
RB1: Mikel LeShoure - RB2: Dexter McCluster - Bench: Montario Hardesty, Kevin Smith
TE: Dennis Pitta
FLEX: Tony Gonzalez
K: Greg Zuerlein

#8 Ohwise1

Ohwise1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I'm drafting this guy as my backup TE in as many leagues as possible. Did so with Jordan Cameron last year and it paid handsomely. I'm expecting less catches/yards than Tony G but this is a guy who could snag 10 TDs and its not unreasonable to think he can't grab over 60 catches

#9 munde53

munde53

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

View PostGPWMC, on 07 April 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

Typical munde.
lol not sure what you mean by this other than, "typical munde, speaking the truth."

View PostGPWMC, on 07 April 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Tony G thinks otherwise.

http://www.cbssports.../levine-toilolo

Retired tight end Tony Gonzalez believes the sky's the limit for the Falcons' Levine Toilolo, a 6-8, 265-pounder who could step in for Gonzalez. "It’s going to be lights out with that guy because he’s that good of a player and he’s still going to get better," Gonzalez told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Two of Toilolo's 11 catches last season went for touchdowns.
The Falcons' head coach seems to think otherwise.

Falcons coach Mike Smith will no doubt miss Tony Gonzalez, who he referred to as a "scorer." His possible replacement, Levine Toilolo, won't be one, Smith intimated.

"We talk all the time about having to have scorers and having assist men," Smith said. "The tight end position in the last five or six years has been filled by a guy that's a scorer. I think the person that will take that role moving forward will be an assist man and there will be a different skill set.

"Tony is a guy that's had 80-plus catches on average for us, so there's going to be a redistribution of who the ball is going to go to and we've got a couple of guys that we feel really good about at the wide receiver position. ... I think the role that the tight end (will have) is going from the scoring guy to the assist man or the set-up man."

Toilolo had just 11 catches last year behind Gonzalez but two were for touchdowns and the guy is a behemoth at 6-foot-8! But for now it looks like he will be a contributor, not a stat maven along the lines of Gonzalez.

He's a giant red zone target. A situation player. Nothing more.

#10 GPWMC

GPWMC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:28 AM

^my typical munde comment refers to the fact that you have a propensity to respond to things I say with snarky comments that antagonize rather than contribute (examples can be found in Marcus lattimore, New Orleans outlook, and right here).

And the quote you showed is on the link I posted, and in no way indicates Levine cannot catch nor block. Try again.

#11 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,329 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostGPWMC, on 07 April 2014 - 07:39 PM, said:

Ladarius Green is a much more popular choice because he got the chance to produce a little last year, but I think the upside to both TE's is relatively similar.

Could have something to do with the fact that Green is a physical beast who can run a 4.4 and has the upside of Gronk and Graham but sure we can go with them having similar upside.

Fact of the matter is that Toilio is slow, can't block, and has the prove that he can catch consistently.  His size is obviously enticing but it's by no means enough to make him a star TE.   I think we honestly see the Falcons go to more 3WR sets than trying to get Toilio more involved but he's obviously someone to keep an eye on in the pre-season.

#12 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

So any new updates on this guy as we get closer to the season?  I mean the guy is huge and 1st on their depth chart with no real competition and one of the best WR tandems in the league.
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Trent Richardson
WR: Pierre Garçon
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton
W/R/T: Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF: Denver D/ST
K:

Bench:
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor, Marvin Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Antonio Gates

#13 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

Supposedly Atlanta plans on using more 3 WR sets and an in line blocking TE marginalizing TE fantasy production...truth?..if so, Harry's value goes up.

#14 TheToeStompers

TheToeStompers

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm getting the impression that the TE in this

View PostOl Blues, on 28 June 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Supposedly Atlanta plans on using more 3 WR sets and an in line blocking TE marginalizing TE fantasy production...truth?..if so, Harry's value goes up.

This is the feeling I'm getting, but I do think they'll try to use him in the red zone for his size.  I don't think he'll get a ton of targets and yards, but he could see 6-8 TDs or more if he can consistently block worth a darn.

Gonzo's gonna be missed.

#15 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,329 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Joseph Fauria 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users