6 replies to this topic

#1 DudeMcDude

DudeMcDude

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

He might be worth a stash for anyone with NA spots in their league. I stashed him in two because I had room. Rotoworld blurb below.

RECENT NEWS
According to Marc Carig of New York Newsday, the Mets are expected to watch free agent reliever Joel Hanrahan when he throws for teams in a few weeks.
Hanrahan, who is currently working his way back from Tommy John surgery, should be ready to contribute at some point during the first half. The Mets are focusing on internal options with Bobby Parnell (elbow) done for the year, but Hanrahan is a logical alternative for the late innings. He could get some save chances if he signs with New York. Apr 7 - 4:21 PM
Source: New York Newsday
14 Team H2H 8X8 Dynasty
C - Brian McCann, Wilson Ramos
1B - Anthony Rizzo
2B - Jose Altuve, Anthony Rendon
SS - Erick Aybar, Evereth Cabrera, Francisco Lindor (NA)
3B - Evan Longoria, Manny Machado
OF - Giancarlo Stanton, Yoenis Cespedes, Lucas Duda, Desmond Jennings, Josh Reddick
SP - Madison Bumgarner, Zack Greinke, Julio Teheran, Corey Kluber, Garrett Richards, Ian Kennedy, Collin McHugh, Matt Wisler (NA)
RP - Sean Doolittle, Cody Allen, Santiago Casilla, Tony Watson, Andrew Miller, Jim Henderson (DL)
12 Team H2H 7X7 Dynasty
C - Wilson Ramos
1B Justin Morneau, Brandon Belt
2B - Brian Dozier, Rougned Odor
SS - Elvis Andrus
3B - Matt Carpenter, Nolan Arenado
OF - Matt Kemp, Alex Gordon, Marcell Ozuna, Kole Calhoun, Lucas Duda
SP - Max Scherzer, Corey Kluber, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Ian Kennedy, Lance Lynn, Alex Wood, Zack Wheeler, Collin McHugh, Kevin Gausman
RP - Koji Uehara, Fernando Rodney, Francisco Rodriguez, Cody Allen, Andrew Miller, Brad Boxberger
Minors Batters: Kris Bryant, Jon Singleton, Blake Swihart, Stephen Piscotty, Josh Bell, Brandon Nimmo, Jesse Winker, Raimel Tapia
Minors Pitchers: Eddie Butler, Julio Urias, Luis Severino, Matt Wisler, CJ Edwards, Alex Reyes, Max Fried

#2 fletch44

fletch44

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm guessing he's signed by the weekend.

Joel Hanrahan: At least six teams to watch Joel Hanrahan
Joel Hanrahan - R - BOS - Apr. 13 - 2:09 pm et
CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mets, Yankees, Royals, Athletics, Red Sox and Dodgers are among the teams expected to watch Joel Hanrahan (elbow) throw on Thursday.
Heyman also lists the Cardinals, Indians, Rays, Rockies, Rangers and Angels as other teams that could possibly be interested in the veteran reliever. Hanrahan, who is 11 months removed from Tommy John and flexor tendon surgeries, had a throwing session for clubs last month and was reportedly clocked in the 90-92 mph range. He should catch on with someone soon. Apr. 13 - 2:09 pm et
Source: CBSSports.com

#3 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:balls of all kinds. footballs; soccer balls; footie balls. etc

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

I clicked onto/into this thread and expected to possibly see the Mets front and center...

I have to think they're the favorites, especially with the injury to Parnell. Sure, Papa Grande is OK now, but he's gonna drop-off. Perhaps in the time from now, to them, 90-92 can err a little closer to something in the range of 92-95MPH, for a guy who lives on swing & miss stuff.

This said, the Mets had been linked to him even in the winter or over the winter meetings, or maybe late winter it was, after the winer meetings (JAN perhaps)-- but they've been linked multiple times now, and for that alone I view them as the favorites. NYY could always stand a chance, but I don't know/doubt it .... ditto to BOS. Once deposed in situation like that and knowing if/when Koji is back he's right out of the potential gig he may earn when there? I wouldn't wanna risk it in his shoes playing for next year really...
Mets have the best path to eventual saves and a potential value rebuild for a guy like him.
recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#4 Jonphillips3

Jonphillips3

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

What's the chances of Joel coming in and actually doing well? I know a lot I that depends on the team he joins and the role he plays. Best case scenario he takes over for the mets. But is he a better alternative then papa grande

#5 corey_rideout

corey_rideout

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Depends what Hanrahan wants. Does he want to pitch on a good team with a chance to go deep into the playoffs and win a title? If so, he is likely coming in and pitching in 6th and 7th inning roles. However, if his goal is to rebuild his value as a closer, then a 1 yr deal with a team like the mets seems like his best bet.

#6 phreak_09

phreak_09

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

I'm desperate for closers. What are the chances he comes back and wins the closer role?
14-team keeper league (keep 12) H2H yahoo
Cats: R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OBP, W, L, SV, K, ERA, WHIP.

C - Miguel Montero
1B - Chris Davis
2B - Omar Infante
3B - Edwin Encarnacion
SS - Alcides Escobar
OF - Ryan Braun, Khris Davis, Coco Crisp
Util - Pablo Sandoval, J.D. Martinez
Bench- Curtis Granderson
DL - Emilio Bonifacio

SP - Felix Hernandez, Johnny Cueto, Alfredo Simon, Justin Verlander, Hiroki Kuroda
RP - Fransico Rodriguez, Joe Nathan, Joe Smith
Bench - Aaron Harang, Ordisamer Despaigne, Santiago Castilla, Neil Ramierz, Joba Chamberlain
NA - Dylan Bundy
DL - Drew Pomeranz

#7 HeyBlinkin

HeyBlinkin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

I'm desperate for closers. What are the chances he comes back and wins the closer role?

Pretty much nonexistent. Joe Nathan has that job locked down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users