3 replies to this topic

#1 ABITNYC

ABITNYC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

I've used rotoworld rankings the last couple of years, so I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are on them? I understand projections can't be a perfect science, but they were just as good as the free projections out there - some misses, some spot on, but generally relatively fair in comparisons.

I'm wondering what others think? I'm really disappointed with how a couple teams are performing and it's sort of reminiscent to last year. I know, I know were only in the second week, but I went through this last year and drafted pretty incredibly. I had a balanced team, filled up shallow positions and had depth last year and according to the rankings I had like 8 players in the top 40 in a 16 team league..... and did came in 10th. I look back (because I print rankings) and the accuracy is just as good as free sites.

Look, I know it's not a perfect science and you have to make judgement calls as well as use them just as an additional resource, but what do people think? Just wondering.....

#2 reichl555

reichl555

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I've used rotoworld rankings the last couple of years, so I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are on them? I understand projections can't be a perfect science, but they were just as good as the free projections out there - some misses, some spot on, but generally relatively fair in comparisons.

I'm wondering what others think? I'm really disappointed with how a couple teams are performing and it's sort of reminiscent to last year. I know, I know were only in the second week, but I went through this last year and drafted pretty incredibly. I had a balanced team, filled up shallow positions and had depth last year and according to the rankings I had like 8 players in the top 40 in a 16 team league..... and did came in 10th. I look back (because I print rankings) and the accuracy is just as good as free sites.

Look, I know it's not a perfect science and you have to make judgement calls as well as use them just as an additional resource, but what do people think? Just wondering.....

Live and die on them. I'll look at others out of curiosity but in the end I use them. Their the most legit website. And their constantly adjusting them as news breaks, injuries, slumps, ect. You can't say that about most other sites. This crew knows what their talking about.

#3 FouLLine

FouLLine

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,959 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

The only rankings I care about are my own personal ones.
  • 96mnc, Halo Fan, jb_power and 2 others like this

#4 smeeze

smeeze

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

The rankings this year were a joke.

12 Team / H2H / Standard Scoring / 3 Keepers / $$$ / (6-1)

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 R/W/T, 1 K, 1 DST

QB - Russell Wilson, Jay Cutler
RB - Lamar Miller, Frank Gore, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Juwan Thompson, Stevan Ridley

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Brian Quick, Justin Hunter
TE - Greg Olsen, Travis Kelce
K - Cody Parkey
DST - Streamers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users