22 replies to this topic

#1 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

When I try to look for the next breakout RB I look at the most improved offensive line from the off-season. Who do you all see as the most improved offensive line? Whose offensive line got worse over the off-season? Lets try to bust out some rankings.

#2 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

When I try to look for the next breakout RB I look at the most improved offensive line from the off-season. Who do you all see as the most improved offensive line? Whose offensive line got worse over the off-season? Lets try to bust out some rankings.

If JAX is able to land Alex "Return of the" Mack at C, then I'd say their OL should be greatly improved (also taking into account the return of 2013 # 2 overall pick Joekel & the ZBeadles signing at G). This is just another reason to be high on the fantasy prospects of Gerhart.

AZ getting back 2013 #7 overall pick JCooper at G and signing Veldheer at LT was big as well. This assumed O-line improvement plus significant increase in touches for AEllington means very good things for his fantasy value.

The NYG signed a bunch of O-linemen, including Rotoworld #1 ranked FA G GSchwartz. I like RJennings to outperform his ADP as the lead and GL RB for the Giants.

TB also made some solid signings and maybe this is the year Carl Nicks finally is healthy and productive again. This should help lead to a bounce-back season for DMartin. He would be a nice value if he slips past an overall ADP of 20.

I'm sure most would have to say that KC took a big hit with the losses of BAlbert, GSchwartz & JAsamoah. Something to potentially make one leery of selecting JCharles with a top 3 pick or spending big auction money on him.
  • Bruz, FFCollusion and buckeyestilidie like this

#3 buckeyestilidie

buckeyestilidie

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:The Ohio State University, fantasy football junkie, baseball

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

If JAX is able to land Alex "Return of the" Mack at C, then I'd say their OL should be greatly improved (also taking into account the return of 2013 # 2 overall pick Joekel & the ZBeadles signing at G). This is just another reason to be high on the fantasy prospects of Gerhart.

AZ getting back 2013 #7 overall pick JCooper at G and signing Veldheer at LT was big as well. This assumed O-line improvement plus significant increase in touches for AEllington means very good things for his fantasy value.

The NYG signed a bunch of O-linemen, including Rotoworld #1 ranked FA G GSchwartz. I like RJennings to outperform his ADP as the lead and GL RB for the Giants.

TB also made some solid signings and maybe this is the year Carl Nicks finally is healthy and productive again. This should help lead to a bounce-back season for DMartin. He would be a nice value if he slips past an overall ADP of 20.

I'm sure most would have to say that KC took a big hit with the losses of BAlbert, GSchwartz & JAsamoah. Something to potentially make one leery of selecting JCharles with a top 3 pick or spending big auction money on him.

Covered a good bit of O-line situations. Nice write up.

* 4 straight superbowl appearances
* 2 super bowl victories

2014 Jeremy Top Dustan Bottoms
QB:Luck
RB:Murray
RB:Bell
WR:Odell
WR:Floyd
WR:Shoelace
TE:Donell
K:Parkey
D:Cleveland
Flex:Ellington
Bench:Houston, Cobb, Vereen, Ingram, D. Walker, Ryan

#4 Bruz

Bruz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

Covered a good bit of O-line situations. Nice write up.

Agreed, if things pan out, Jacksonville could have a monster o-line. He's little known, but their projected RT Austin Pasztor played well after stepping into the starting lineup as a rookie last year. Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley are very high on him going into this season, and think he can be a big positive for them in year 2.

Projected Line:
LT-Luke Joeckel
LG-Zane Beadles
C-Alex Mack (if browns do not match) / Mike Brewster
RG- Rookie (i can see them using a 3rd rd pick to fill this spot) / Mike Brewster
RT-Austin Pasztor

Their reserves are Cameron Bradfield, Will Rackley, and Sam Young.

Also, don't forget that Marcedes Lewis is one of the absolute best blocking TE in the league, and Gerhart is great in blitz pickup. Protection should be much better this year in Jax.
  • J.T. Marlin likes this
12 Team H2H Points League (5 Keeper, 15 start max per week)

C- Mesoraco, 1B-Adams, 2B-Kipnis, 3B-Longoria, SS-Baez
OF-Brantley, OF-Bruce, OF-Holliday, OF-Hamilton, UTIL-Carter
SP-Price, Ross, Shields, Lynn, Archer, Arrieta, Alvarez, Kennedy, Nelson, Eovaldi
CL-Holland, Robertson, Uehara, Soriano
DL-Derek Holland, Cliff Lee

#5 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Didn't joeckel sort of underperform last year, before his injury obviously ,eric fisher did too.

#6 bmoss12

bmoss12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Exercise, Snowboarding and Backyard games

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

Didn't joeckel sort of underperform last year, before his injury obviously ,eric fisher did too.

Eric Fisher cannot be blamed for his poor year, his natural position is LT which Brandon Albert was not going to give up. He will slide into his natural position now with Albert going to Miami but Albert being gone may cause some issues for Jamal Charles. Veldheer going to Arizona will give them a large bump. Miami maybe back on track too, as their offensive line was in shambles in large part to Incognito and Martin being gone. If they do bring back Incognito with Albert thier offensive line could be light years from last year giving Moreno a major boost.
12 Team ESPN H2H League

Cam Newton (Car - QB)
LeSean McCoy (PHI - RB)
Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
Greg Jennings (MIN - WR)
Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
Colts (Defense)
Phil Dawson (SF - K)
Seahawks (HC)
Antonio Gates (SD - TE)
Matt Forte (CHI - RB)
Terrance Williams (DAL - WR)
Jordan Cameron (CLE - TE)
Bilal Powell (Jets - RB)

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth."
~Mike Tyson

#7 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

^ martin being gone hurt there o-line?

martin was performing very poorly already.

#8 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

who said that?

#9 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

rice only gets 2 game suspension. did baltimore improve that o-line at all?

#10 Dislimb

Dislimb

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Nope.
10 team, round-based keeper league (up to three players, but no more than one per position) with standard scoring (non-PPR) and 4 point passing TDs:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (k-2)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (k-1)
RB2: Justin Forsett (n/a)
WR1: Julio Jones (k-3)
WR2: Emmanuel Sanders (6)
RB/WR: Fred Jackson (9)
TE: Dwayne Allen (n/a)
D/ST: Buffalo Bills (n/a)
K: Brandon McManus (n/a)

Bench
QB: Matt Ryan (10)
RB: Trent Richardson (8), Knile Davis (11), Devonta Freeman (12)
WR: Cordarrelle Patterson (4), DeAndre Hopkins (13)
D/ST: Cincinnati Bengals (14)

#11 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

who said that?

Bmoss 12 said that. That is why I did the little arrow sign like this ^^^^

Losing Martin didn't hurt the fins line much because he sucked. Incognito is no Joe Thomas but he is good enough to start.

#12 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

who said that?

Bmoss 12 said that. That is why I did the little arrow sign like this ^^^^

Losing Martin didn't hurt the fins line much because he sucked. Incognito is no Joe Thomas but he is good enough to start.

3 and a half months later lol

#13 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Thought it'd be good to have a thread on offensive lines since they determine in large part how well our fantasy players do.

I'll start with Dallas. They have an excellent starting five with the youngsters Smith at LT, Frederick at center, and Martin at RG. A solid RT in 28 year old Free, and a serviceable LG in Bernadeau or Leary. There's little depth behind them but barring injury they should be a top 5 line for the run and the pass.

I know the Cleveland line is excellent.

How is the TB line? It looks shaky on paper and was a trainwreck last season.

Edited by 96mnc, 23 August 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#14 ForteDaysandForteNights

ForteDaysandForteNights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

From what I saw in the preseason, the Tampa line was getting blown up in the interior against Jacksonville. Now Jax does have some underrated players on that line and Bradley is a good defensive coach but still, the complete lack of push they were getting worried me.
  • Alfonz289 likes this

#15 96mnc

96mnc

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

From what I saw in the preseason, the Tampa line was getting blown up in the interior against Jacksonville. Now Jax does have some underrated players on that line and Bradley is a good defensive coach but still, the complete lack of push they were getting worried me.

I don't think Nicks is back playing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, NYG lost their free agent signing in Schwantz (sp) due to injury.

Also, Sam Baker done for the Falcons.

#16 ponza88

ponza88

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Designing, Fantasy, and LA Clippers

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Do you really think Jamaal Charles is gonna suffer because of his O-Line? My understanding was that they signed other players to replace them so that they can stay competitive....and Andy Reid.

Edited by ponza88, 23 August 2014 - 02:03 PM.

POLK HIGH PANTHERS [Full PPR - 10 Man]
QB - Rivers, Foles
WR - D. Thomas, A. Brown, Cobb, Michael Floyd
RB - Gio Bernard, McCoy, J. Bell, Ingram, Hill
TE - Donnell, Cameron
K - Bailey
DEF - Miami

CHARLES IN CHARGE [Half PPR - 10 Man]
QB -
Rivers
WR - A. Brown, Nelson, Michael Floyd, Robinson, Patterson 

RB - J. Charles, Vereen, J. Bell, Sims, Hill, K. Davis
TE - Kelce
K - Bailey
DEF - Miami

#17 deuce4off

deuce4off

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

I don't think Nicks is back playing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, NYG lost their free agent signing in Schwantz (sp) due to injury.

Also, Sam Baker done for the Falcons.

Nicks is basically retired. Hasn't officially, but he isn't on a team as of right now.

I couldn't care less about your teams

#18 BallDontLie

BallDontLie

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

That NY Jets O-Line looked pretty awesome last night.
Team BallDontLie - 12 team Standard Scoring

QB - Andrew Luck
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Pierre Garcon
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Andre Ellington
TE - Martellus Bennett
FLX1 - Branden Oliver
FLX2 - Ryan Mathews
DST - Raven
K - Cody Parkey
BN - Chris Ivory
BN - Jordan Reed
BN - Jonas Gray
BN - Steve Smith Sr.
BN - Jerick McKinnon
BN - JOSH "MOTHER F'IN" GORDON

#19 blangtang

blangtang

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

TOP 10 O-Lines

1 Denver
2 Cincinnati
3 Dallas
4 Philadelphia
5 San Francisco
6 Minnesota
7 New England
8 Green Bay
9 St Louis
10 New Orleans

Bottom 6 O Lines ( as a group)

Jax, Indy, NY Giants, Arizona, Carolina, and Kansas City

#20 pbjfb

pbjfb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Do you really think Jamaal Charles is gonna suffer because of his O-Line? My understanding was that they signed other players to replace them so that they can stay competitive....and Andy Reid.

I saw a site that ranked KC's OL as 20th last year, and their run block as 23rd. Though OL value does help in drafting for fantasy, it's not a perfect correlation. Philly and SF were ranked 1 and 3 in run blocking and their Rushing did indeed score highest and 3rd highest in fantasy. But others that didn't correlate, Dallas was #2 but #22 in scoring. Buffalo was #29 but #4 in scoring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users