1 reply to this topic

#1 Kyleagles

Kyleagles

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

I am starting a new keeper league and have 12 very devoted guys. Here would be the settings. I am looking for any advice on rule changes, or things that have been forgotten. Thanks!

Draft:
Auction Nomination order chosen randomly.

Keepers:
Yes/ with option to keep 0,1,2, or 3.

If using a keeper that keeper will subtract a draft pick from the following year. ie: I keep three players for next year. Next years draft I will lose my draft picks in round 7,6,5. If I keep those same players for another year I lose 6,5,4. Every time a player is kept the draft pick lost goes up. So If I keep 3 for next year and I lose 7,6,5. The following year If I only keep one of the same keepers, Say the person I kept instead of a 6th round pick, I would lose a 5th this year. Every time you keep a new keeper, he goes back to the 7th round.

Eample:

2013-14
I keep: A.J. Green, Matt Forte, Andruw Luck

2014-15
I lose my picks in round 7,6,5. Green being my 5th, forte my 6th and luck my 7th.
I keep Luck again

2015-16
I lose my pick in round 6 because of keeping luck twice.

This would go on until I decided to no longer keep luck, or until I lost my 1st round pick. After losing my first round pick for luck, I could not keep him anymore and he would become available in the following draft.

Every draft from here on out will be standard draft in reverse order of standings. So the last place team will have first pick next year.

We will be able to trade draft picks as well.

.5= completion
-.5=incomplete pass
1=10 rushing/receiving yards
1=reception
6=passing td
6=receiving/rushing td
-2=fumble
-2=int
2=2pt conversion
Each PAT Made (PAT)1
Each PAT Missed (PATM)-2
FG Made (0-39 yards) (FG0)3
FG Made (40-49 yards) (FG40)4
FG Made (50+ yards) (FG50)5
FG Missed (0-39 yards) (FGM0)-2
Each Sack (SK)2
Interception Return TD (INTTD)6
Fumble Return TD (FRTD)6
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD)6
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK)2
Each Interception (INT)3
Each Fumble Recovered (FR)3
Each Safety (SF)4
4th down stop=2
0 points allowed (PA0)10
1-6 points allowed (PA1)8
7-13 points allowed (PA7)6
14-17 points allowed (PA14)4
18-21 points allowed (PA18)2
28-34 points allowed (PA28)0
35-45 points allowed (PA35)-2
46+ points allowed (PA46)-4

Positions:
1 QB/ 2 Rb/ 3 Wr/ 1 Te/ 1 Flex/ 1 K/ 1 Def/ 5 Bench/ 2 IR

Trades:

Trades will be examined by the commissioner and co-commissioner. If they are thought to be unfair,illegal, or collusion, they will be put to a vote. Majority vote wins. Neither of the two trading parties has a vote. The commissioner will be tie breaker.

If both commissioners think the trade is fair. It will be put through ASAP. If anyone has evidence of an unfair trade, they should present it, before the next week is played.

If a manager trades for a player, then drops them within that week without injury, the player will be forced back onto their team for a minimum of three weeks. Whoever replaced this players spot will be dropped and available for pick up. The only way a player may be dropped after a trade is injury, or if it was made clear that this would happen before the trade was approved.

If you disagree with a trade that has been put through, you must collect votes vetoing it. The commissioners will not do so after already allowing the trade. This most also be done before that weeks game.

Waiver System:

Waivers will be done by bidding. Every team will be given $100 in their budget. This is for the year and will not reset. The highest bid on the player wins. No other manager can see how much your bid is. And this will not be an auction. Highest bid wins. There is no trading this money. You either use it or you don't. If you run out you may only pickup free agents who have cleared waivers.

If you pick up a waiver player or free agent. They must stay on your team for at least one week before dropping them. If you do drop them they will be put back on your team for a week and you will lose $10 from your waiver budget.

Entry fee:

The entry fee is $20. There will be $10 given out to the team with the most points for that week. There will $50 to the winner for the winner of the league and $20 to second place. Once you have paid your entry fee there is no refund. If you quit you will not get your money back!

Roster management

You may ask the commissioner to set your lineup if you cannot. However if you fail to make changes in your lineup for two consecutive weeks, you will be giving up your team and will not be given a refund of your entry fee. If you fail to set your lineup for one week, meaning injured payers are in active positions or bye week players are left in, you will lose $10 off your waiver budget.

All other traditional rules will be kept the same. They will be highlighted on the website used in this years league.

#2 TheToeStompers

TheToeStompers

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 319 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

The keeper cost set at round 7 is interesting, I think I like it.
      The scoring is... interesting.  I'm not sure about complete / incomplete pass points and those kicker penalties are brutal

But this is what caught my eye...

View PostKyleagles, on 15 April 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

If you pick up a waiver player or free agent. They must stay on your team for at least one week before dropping them. If you do drop them they will be put back on your team for a week and you will lose $10 from your waiver budget.

It looks like you're trying to keep people from juggling FAs to keep them on waivers.  I've played in 2 leagues that limited the number of waiver / FA pickups per week to try and control that with mixed results.  One league was fun and it added challenge... the other (last year) there were several players that just hated it and it's been voted down for next year.  Forcing adds to be kept for a week could have some minor problems (especially with more Thursday Night games), but might be adjustable.  Maybe something like 'must be on the roster for at least one of their teams games.'.  That penalty seems heavy handed though,  Force the player back on the roster OR lose 10$ seems a lot more reasonable, or just eliminate the $ hit.  $10 out of a limited FA budget mid season could tank a team and might have the same effect as kicking the manager out of the league all together.  I could certainly see enough players getting so bent outta shape over it that they howl all season long.

Is this post in the right Forum?

Edited by TheToeStompers, 19 April 2014 - 12:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users