Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

Scott Boras 2014 OutlookGood for the game?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimmyallhands

jimmyallhands

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Is it fair to say that the king of pushing the bar is being left behind?  Yeah, he gets mega-millions for his elite cliental (as ANYONE would and should, I'm looking at you jz) but what about joe average?  Kenny Rogers?  Jason Varitek?  Michael Bourn?  Kendrys Morales?  Steve Drew?  Hold outs...mystery team...hyman writing stories.  Owners and GM's just are not buying his b.s. tactics anymore.  Detroit most surely would have signed drew if boras didn't ask for the world (and if you think he didn't, why is drew STILL on the sidelines when a world series contender with NO shortstop isn't willing to meet your demands)?  And today, word leaked out that Morales received a 3/30 offer and declined, then turned down 1/14.  Who does morales/boras think they are, David Ortiz???  As obvious as it is when you sign with boras (that you are a greedy s.o.b.), middle players and lower, I recommend you read the tea leafs and look for someone who is working positively in the current cba and doesn't instantly poison your expected paycheque because the GM's are not receptive to the boras representation. (sorry about the lack of paragraphs, I hit 'enter' but the system doesn't take me to a new line)

#2 CAT

CAT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Best post ever?

#3 foeplay

foeplay

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

#4 DK64MASTER

DK64MASTER

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostCAT, on 16 April 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Best post ever?

No, this one is from last year's Nick Franklin player page:

View Postmcbane, on 10 June 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostCrutchfield, on 10 June 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I think they're sitting him because they know Jedd Gyorko went on the DL, and they are obviously ****ing with me

Franklin said "F me" after k'ing against Mariano the other day, but Wedge thought he said "xFIP" and benched him instantly for using a dirty Sabermetric word. When Franklin protested, explaining why would a batter ever use that term after an at bat because it has to do with pitching, Wedge became angry and responded "I see all those walks you take, Moneyball! Next you'll try to tell me you should be in the lineup because of how high your Beebop is"! When Franklin asked if he meant Babip, Wedge threatened to demote him for Ackley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users