10 replies to this topic

#1 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

These playoffs just seem awesome this year.

Currently watching the Blackhawks-Blues game. What a series. Seabrook just had a massive hit on Backes that resulted in a 5 minute major. Didn't get a good look at it to see if it was dirty or not. I'll have to see some more angles of it before making a final call on that one.

That Bruins-Red Wings game last night was great. Simply put it, Datsyuk is something else. Love watching him play.

Edit: Blues just tied it with 6 seconds left. Oh my. Tarasenko shot it, but it may have been deflected. OT here we come!

Edited by NYR Fan 116894, 19 April 2014 - 04:56 PM.

Adam Brown (Fearless)=Hero. May you never be forgotten.

#2 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

On viewing it a couple more times, I believe the Seabrook hit (by today's standards) was dirty and he will most likely receive a suspension.

It was interference, but in Seabrook's defense, just about everyone thought he picked up the puck. Still interference though, and it looked like he targeted the head.

To my knowledge, Seabrook hasn't been suspended in his career so far, so that will most likely factor into the final ruling.

#3 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Big thing was targeting the head. That will get him a game or two. but he's not known as a dirty player so that will mitigate it. I still think Lucic should have got 1 for his attempted circumcision on DeKeyser last night.

#4 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Big thing was targeting the head. That will get him a game or two. but he's not known as a dirty player so that will mitigate it. I still think Lucic should have got 1 for his attempted circumcision on DeKeyser last night.

Yeah, Lucic's play was pretty dirty too. Fined $5000 for it, but what's $5000 to these guys when they are making millions?

I'd expect a 1 or 2 game suspension as well. Targeted the head, was interference, but he doesn't have a track record of being dirty like Matt Cooke.

#5 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

Letang is making so many bone headed plays in these playoffs. What is he thinking? And now Columbus has tied up the game at 3 with 6 minutes left.

#6 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Seabrook gets 3 games for the Backes hit. The more I watch the hit, the more I realize how dirty it was.

#7 SurlyRobot

SurlyRobot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

Yeah, Lucic's play was pretty dirty too. Fined $5000 for it, but what's $5000 to these guys when they are making millions?

I'd expect a 1 or 2 game suspension as well. Targeted the head, was interference, but he doesn't have a track record of being dirty like Matt Cooke.

That's the second time Lucic has done that exact same thing too, he deserves a suspension but the NHL doesn't have the spine to suspend someone on the Bruins let alone a Bruin during the playoffs.

I don't think that Seabrook deserved it, bolded the part of the rule that I think applies:
48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=64063

Backes of all players should know better than to skate behind the net with his head down like that. I've personally watched him cause at least a half dozen concussions to other guys doing the exact same thing, and he goes in there with the intent to do that to people, I don't think Seabrook was looking to concuss anyone.

#8 SurlyRobot

SurlyRobot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

Also did anyone see the Tampa-Habs game tonight? God awful officiating absolutely screwed the Lightning out of 1 goal for sure and another horrible offside call cost them a Stamkos breakaway. Game ended 3-2, so Tampa and fans of playoff hockey got robbed of at least OT. <_<

#9 SurlyRobot

SurlyRobot

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Also did anyone see the Tampa-Habs game tonight? God awful officiating absolutely screwed the Lightning out of 1 goal for sure and another horrible offside call cost them a Stamkos breakaway. Game ended 3-2, so Tampa and fans of playoff hockey got robbed of at least OT. <_<

The trend continues with probably the worst dive I've ever seen on the lamest "spearing" that's ever been called(and they gave him 5 and a game....) in the Ducks game. Then the refs absolutely steal another one from the Wild by failing to enforce even the simplest of rules such as offsides, holding the stick, holding, interference, etc. Its like one of those awful reality shows that are all over TV where they try and contrive drama with awful calls and letting things go that are affecting the outcomes of the games and keeping the series tight and extending them. The strangest part is they actually called something against the Avalanche in the last 4 minutes of the game and it was literally a meaningless spraying of Kuemper which Landeskog shouldn't have done but when the refs let you get away with murder for 56 minutes its probably hard to reign in the bush league stuff like spraying goalies. It was a real head scratcher though after watching them charge people and literally attempt to steal the stick out of Wild players' hands after holding it for 10+ consecutive seconds.

#10 gdon

gdon

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Might need a separate thread for blown calls in the playoffs. That LA goal shouldn't have counted. I hope SJ can recover. But I have to say the LA-SJ and Chi-StL series were absolutely fantastic hockey. I can't see that pace keeping up through the entire playoff round and fear that next round will be a bit of a let down. I think these were the 4 best teams in the west and for them to meet in the first round has been an unbelievable start. Here's hoping for more of the same.

#11 NYR Fan 116894

NYR Fan 116894

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,986 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

Three Game 7's tonight. Who you guys got winning tonight?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users