#1 undefined

undefined

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Rotoworld analysis 2013:

Allen doesn't have the elite foot speed or YAC potential.

Rotoworld analysis 2014:  

Allen has the skill set to be an all-around beast and a major asset in the passing game.

Gotta love it.

Edited by undefined, 24 April 2014 - 02:11 PM.

• mmrodri likes this
"He could have had a much bigger game." -- words etched on Dez Bryant's tombstone.

#2 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Seriously where's it coming from?

Is this all about Chudzi Udzi?

A no confidence vote on Fleener?

QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#3 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

Rotoworld and their scitzo writing

#4 IlliniGuy76

IlliniGuy76

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Allen, in his rookie year, with a rookie QB passing to him had 45 catches for 521 yards and 3 TDs.  I'm bullish on Allen this year.

If healthy the guy could put up a line such as:  65 catches, 700 yards, 7-8 TDs.  Not sure about you guys but I'd certainly take that.
  • Red Dog likes this
Harry Caray, 1984 Cubs locker room celebration, "And here we are! I hope we get loaded tonight!"
<

League 1: 10 team, 6 keepers, H2H cumulative categories. 2013 Championship Winner
Offensive categories: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, BA
Pitching categories: W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QB, BSV
C: Ramos 1b: Teixiera 2b: Harrison SS: Escobar 3b: Carpenter INF: Votto OF: Morse, McCutcheon, Kemp, Gomez UTIL: Betts BN: Segura, Solarte

SP: Arrieta, Stroman, Ventura, Kuechel, Kluber, Gio, Chavez, Peralta, Morton RP: Rosenthal, Rodney, Hawkins, Howell, Joba DL: Fernandez, Wacha

League 2: 12 teams, 6 keepers, H2H - one win, 2013 Championship Winner
Offensive categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BA, OPS, H
Pitching categories: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, TB
C: Rosario 1b: Morneau 2b: Pedroia, SS: Castro 3b: Frazier OF: Gomez, G. Stanton, Billy Hamilton UTIL: Adams, Calhoun BN: Gennett, Alvarez, Chris Davis DL: Pollock

SP: Bum, Kluber, Ross, Archer, Stroman, Latos, Peralta, Roark RP: KRod, Cishek, Casilla MIN: No one DL: Garcia, Harrison, Lindstrom

#5 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:06 AM

Not a Chud fan as I saw a lot of him in Carolina, but Chud would be a bigger improvement over Pep Hamilton

#6 Ol Blues

Ol Blues

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Allen has real football skills, but this is fantasy football and it's hard to see Allen thriving in fantasy production when he plays in a real football system that has designs on being run first, has 2 pass catching TEs, has 3 or 4 WRs (depending on your opinion of Nicks and Rogers) with real WR skills, and wants to run more 3 and 4 WR sets. Fringe TE1 if everything clicks, perhaps, but I wouldn't build my fantasy team around Allen.
  • mmrodri and JJRules like this

#7 swc88

swc88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Surprised no one is talking about this guy as a late round TE breakout candidate. He was getting hyped up as a potential breakout last year by a bunch of analysts and now it's all quiet.

Looking at the colts WR corps I see the TD distribution as follows:

Reggie Wayne - 7 TDs
Ty Hilton - 6 TDs
Hakeem nicks -5 TDs
Coby fleener - 4 TDs

If luck throws for 35 touchdowns this year which most analysts expect him to, that leaves about 10-13 TDs to be distributed .. I could see dwayne Allen getting 7 of those given his size and that he should be on the field for every red zone snap due to his blocking ability. I could see him potentially putting an 850 yard 7 TD campaign this year.

Not to mention, rob chudzinski being hired by the colts as a special assistant. They hired chud for a reason, they are going to be a tight end heavy offense this year.

Look at these highlights from 2012 and then his 20 yard TD catch during the first game last year.. The guy is a beast.

http://www.nfl.com/v...llen-20-yard-TD

• mrblonde1984 likes this

#8 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'm hopeful...got him stashed...would feel much better if he caught a ball in a tackle football game...

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

#9 Blu Exile

Blu Exile

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

He is great in the open field and has moves like a WR after he catches the ball.

#10 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,770 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

I don't doubt that Dwayne Allen is talented, his usage is going to be annoying regardless.  Fleener seems to be the move TE, with Dwayne Allen relegated to the in-line role.  In almost every offense besides the Patriots, if there is a move TE and an in-line TE, the move TE usually sees the larger majority of the targets/receptions, because the in-line TE spends more snaps pass-blocking.
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#11 swc88

swc88

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

Ranked #1 breakout candidate in the nfl this year by espn insider
  • clarkevii likes this

#12 93_Confirmed

93_Confirmed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

View Postswc88, on 20 August 2014 - 07:47 PM, said:

Ranked #1 breakout candidate in the nfl this year by espn insider

And that's why I refuse to become an "insider". What a joke. Allen won't even crack the top 10 2014 breakout list.

#13 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostRobrain, on 17 August 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

I don't doubt that Dwayne Allen is talented, his usage is going to be annoying regardless.  Fleener seems to be the move TE, with Dwayne Allen relegated to the in-line role.  In almost every offense besides the Patriots, if there is a move TE and an in-line TE, the move TE usually sees the larger majority of the targets/receptions, because the in-line TE spends more snaps pass-blocking.

Not only that, but we have

Wayne
Hilton
Nicks

to deal with for target competition

which is already hampered by

PEP.

God I hate Pep.

I'm growing more and more skeptical of Robocop's potential despite the nickname and Sigmund Bloom endorsement.

#14 My Dinner With Andre

My Dinner With Andre

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

It's too bad he couldn't stay healthy last year.

The guys that got targets last year, oh my.

Fleener, Heyward-Bey, T-Rich, Griff Whalen and La'Von Brazill racked up over 300 targets between the five of them

Edited by My Dinner With Andre, 20 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#15 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • 5,204 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

There has been rumbling about Fleener's inability to catch the ball.  I haven't looked into his drop rate but he does seem to drop a lot of catchable balls.  Unfortunately, I don't think Fleener is a great blocker.

#16 mrblonde1984

mrblonde1984

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

I think Dwayne Allen might be one of the most underrated TEs in football, but as Robrain stated, the Coby Fleener experiment is still in full effect, and that hinders Allen. If I'm waiting on TE, I'd rather have a guy that's not competing for targets with another TE every week.

2014 Live Draft Hometown League • 12 teams • PPR • 4-point TD pass • Bonuses • Return Yards
(1-1)

QB: M. Stafford (5.9)
RB: A. Ellington (via trade)
RB: R. Bush (via trade)
WR: D. Bryant (1.9)
WR: A. Brown (2.4)
TE: D. Walker (UDFA)
FLEX: A. Johnson (3.9)
FLEX: M. Asiata (UDFA)
D/ST: Houston (UDFA)
K: Vinatieri (UDFA)
Bench: W. Welker (via trade), B. Tate (6.4), K. Rudolph (9.9), J. Forsett (UDFA), J. Dwyer (via trade)

#17 carmine

carmine

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Dwayne Allen 2014 Season Outlook.

Worth a roster spot?
[QB] Aaron Rodgers
[WR] Calvin Johnson
[WR] Vincent Jackson
[WR] Desean Jackson
[RB] Arian Foster
[RB] Frank Gore
[TE] Jordan Reed
[K] Mason Crosby
[DEF] Rams
------------------
[QB] Johnny Manziel
[WR] Mike Wallace
[WR] Josh Gordon
[RB] Bishop Sankey
[RB} Carlos Hyde
[TE] Dwayne Allen

#18 builttoolong

builttoolong

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

I believe so. Looked the role last night even with Fleener in there. The TD was kind of a fluke, but still has the size. Wayne is 35 and had a scare last night too. So, right now, many weapons at Luck's disposal, but barely a running game.
12-Keeper League

QB:  Luck, Romo, G. Smith
RB:  G.Bernard, A. Ellington, S. Vereen, S. Greene, R. Turbin
WR:  D. Bryant, A. Jeffery, P. Garcon, J. Hunter, B. Cooks, J. Kearse
TE:  G. Olsen, T. Kelce
DEF:  Bills
K: ??

#19 kco734

kco734

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Bump

#20 Fortunax

Fortunax

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

I just picked him up in one of my leagues because of Cameron's possible injury. He looks good out there and did some really good things against a good DEN Def so thats a positive. He also got lots of looks in the passing game. Fleener doesn't do anything with his catches, and it looks like Allen is by far the more explosive player of the two. T-Rich still can barely fall forward two yard and Bradshaw is better suited for swings and outside runs, so it looks like Luck is going to be slinging it A LOT this year. I could see 600 yards and 5+ TDs being a pretty real possibility. 850 yards like someone said is pushing it IMO but the TDs will be there. Fleener has oven mitts for hands it seems like and Luck will become more comfortable with Allen as his safety blanket.
Y! 14-Team Dynasty League (PPR) - '09 '12 Champ

QB-Brees/WR- B. Marshall, D.Jackson, R.Streater/RB-A.Foster, A.Ellington/TE-T.Eifert/WT-L.Green/WRB-R.Jennings/K-D.Bailey/DEF-Tampa Bay
BN- R.Tannehill, J.Stewart, C.Ivory, M. Jones, O. Beckham, D. Adams, A.Robinson, D. Carr
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Y! 20-Team Dynasty - Keep all players

C: T D'Arnaud, F. Cervelli
1B: Paul Goldschmidt
2B: Neil Walker, J. Giavotella
3B: L.Chisenhall
SS: Y.Solarte
OF: Rasmus, D.Viciedo, A.Garcia, J.Marisnick, B.Revere
UTIL: Loney, K. Calhoun, L. Valbuena, Z. Walters
SP: E.Stults, J. Verlander, J. Samardzija, H. Alvarez, D.Hutchison, E.Volquez, D.Axelrod
RP: Chapman, Grilli, Perez, Gregerson, Strop, E. Jackson, A. Ogando, W.Smith, Dice-K

Farm: J. Montero, A.Guerrero J. Giavotella, A. Webster, Y.Rodriguez, T. Story, E. Rosario, S. Allie, T. Alderson (bum), L. Sims, H. Owens, J.Weeks, J. Lake, R.Erlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users