235 replies to this topic

#1 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

The idea was thrown around late last year of having a dynasty league sub forum since analysis and ADP can be extremely different in those formats than in re-drafts.   Since that doesn't look it will be happening anytime soon I figured a Dynasty League discussion could  be had here.

This is your source for all things dynasty.

How do you rank certain players based on dynasty leagues?

How does being in a dynasty league affect your draft/trade strategy?

Got anyone that you feel could be a good dynasty league stash but has no value in a re-draft...Post them here and discuss.

Let's talk some dynasty league fun.

Edited by GottaGetTheWin, 29 April 2014 - 10:03 AM.

Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#2 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

In my dynasty league with a 3 round Rookie Draft, I'm doing everything in my power to move up and get Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans.
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#3 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

View Postsasnumberonefan, on 29 April 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

In my dynasty league with a 3 round Rookie Draft, I'm doing everything in my power to move up and get Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans.

Benjamin Kelvin

#4 Proteus

Proteus

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,374 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Can I get some sense of who will be in the draft? Rookies only in yours?

In my 12 team dynasty the commish decided to let us keep our starters plus only 2 reserves. That means there will be some serviceable veterans available. And yet...I'm still thinking about taking Evans with my #2 pick. What about you?

Side Note: Do we want/need more latitude for cool stories and AC Forum Type questions in this thread? I think it might be necessary for context.

Edited by Proteus, 29 April 2014 - 12:29 PM.

QB: Ryan Leaf
RB: Lawrence Phillips
RB: Ki-Jana Carter
WR: Charles Rogers
WR: Desmond Howard
TE: David LaFleur
W/R: David Wilson
K: Ray Finkle(Einhorn)
D: Minnie

BN: Andre Ware/Jared Cook/Tony Mandarich/Curtis Enis/Travis Henry/Brian Bosworth/CJ Spiller/Trent Richardson

facebook.com/WhyYouBeasting

#5 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostProteus, on 29 April 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Can I get some sense of who will be in the draft? Rookies only in yours?

In my 12 team dynasty the commish decided to let us keep our starters plus only 2 reserves. That means there will be some serviceable veterans available. And yet...I'm still thinking about taking Evans with my #2 pick. What about you?

Side Note: Do we want/need more latitude for cool stories and AC Forum Type questions in this thread? I think it might be necessary for context.

Yes all offensive rookies taken in the draft are eligible to be taken in our two round rookie draft. We've already got our whole teams kept, and the other veterans and such are on the FA wire to be picked up if we so choose at the expense of dropping one of our guys. We have 4 reserve slots, of which we can choose to put our two rookie selections and then two others that were on our rosters.

I currently have the #4 overall pick and I know Sammy and Mike will be gone so I'm trying to deal with the guy who has the #1 pick. I'm not entirely sold on Kelvin Benjamin, but if I can't work a deal with the guy, Benjamin may be the guy to go with at 4. I personally love Evans. He has elite ball skills, great hands and size, and is faster than some people give him credit for. It depends on where he lands come next Thursday, but if he ends up in a good situation I will take him 1 overall.
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#6 ajmyk

ajmyk

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

how does that work, if you draft 2 rookies, you have to drop 2 players before to make room ?

and is the FA market open all off-season ? There is a WW going on ?
I think it should'nt be open, say if there is a player like Sanders who could have been FA and with the new of him signing for the broncos, the fastest guy to pick him up , got it ?
1/ Redraft League, 8 teams, .5 PPR, 2QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/K/Def

2/ Dynasty League, 6pts PTD , 12 teams, QB/2RB/2WR/Flex/K/Def
QB: Rodgers, Tanehill, Bortles
RB : R.Rice, Ridley , J.Bell, K.Robinson, Ivory, L.Seastrunk
WR: J.Jones, Hopkins, Welker, Stills, Woods, M.Austin
TE : Gronkowski, Seferian-Jenkins
Def : Cardinals, Browns

K: Crosby, Hocker

3/ IDP Deep Keeper League (16 keepers) , 14 teams, .5 PPR and 6pts PTD,  QB/2RB/2WR/2Flex/2DL/2LB/2DB/1DP/K

#7 starks

starks

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

This place needs a Dynasty sub forum. There is too many great posters with too much good stuff to not have one.

Our league moved from redraft to dyno and I can honestly say I don't frequent this place as much as I used to during football season because the info barely applies to my needs. I imagine dyno will only continue to grow in the future. .

Mods take note. :ph34r:
You like my avatar?

#8 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

View Postajmyk, on 29 April 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

how does that work, if you draft 2 rookies, you have to drop 2 players before to make room ?

I think it should'nt be open, say if there is a player like Sanders who could have been FA and with the new of him signing for the broncos, the fastest guy to pick him up , got it ?

Yes, it is a bit flawed and were all trying to figure out how to make it better (this will be our 3rd year), but yes we have a WW during the season with 4 reserve spots and by a week after the season we have the option to narrow down our reserves down to 2 in exchange for 2 draft picks in the upcoming draft (ie we could cut one of our reserves and we'd get only one pick in the rookie draft). Everyone is all in this year for the rookie draft as there is a surplus in position talent. For example last year, I kept all 4 of my reserves and didn't have any picks in the rookie draft because I saw my players as better fits than anyone in the draft. It's a work in progress for sure, but we all love it because it gives you a real life feel to your fantasy team.

#9 Alfonz289

Alfonz289

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

Thank you for creating this thread!  I will be in here a ton reading/posting.
2013 Fantasy Football 12 Team Dynasty League 0.5 PPR All TD's 6pts IDP (2DL, 2LB, 2DB)

QB's-Jay Cutler
RB's-Adrian Peterson, C.J. Spiller, Zac Stacy, Christine Michael, Marcus Lattimore
WR's-Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Michael Floyd, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen, Terrance Williams, Da'Rick Rogers, Justin Hunter
TE's-Julius Thomas, Dennis Pitta
K's-Steven Hauschka
DL's-Ziggy Ansah, Chandler Jones
LB's-Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner
DB's-Reshad Jones, Tyvon Branch

#10 DOSXX

DOSXX

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

View Postsasnumberonefan, on 29 April 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Yes, it is a bit flawed and were all trying to figure out how to make it better (this will be our 3rd year), but yes we have a WW during the season with 4 reserve spots and by a week after the season we have the option to narrow down our reserves down to 2 in exchange for 2 draft picks in the upcoming draft (ie we could cut one of our reserves and we'd get only one pick in the rookie draft). Everyone is all in this year for the rookie draft as there is a surplus in position talent. For example last year, I kept all 4 of my reserves and didn't have any picks in the rookie draft because I saw my players as better fits than anyone in the draft. It's a work in progress for sure, but we all love it because it gives you a real life feel to your fantasy team.

This is interesting.  If I understand correctly you don't have to draft rookies if you want to keep your entire existing roster year to year?
Baseball 10 Team 5x5 H2H (4 Keepers) Roster 25 + 1DL
Start C-1B-2B-SS-3B-1B/3B-2B/SS-OFx5-UTIL - Max 13 SP starts/WK
C: - Perez
1B/3B: Belt, Adams, Headley
2B/SS:  Baez, Bogaerts, D.Gordon
OF: Trout, Hamilton, Pagan, Taveras, Springer, Polanco, Holt
SP:  Lester, Cueto, Cluber, Bumgarner, Darvish
RP:  Rosenthal, Melancon, Benoit, Britton, Holland, Perkins
DL:  Fielder

#11 QFFL

QFFL

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

Typical rookie hype at this time of the year. Now might be the best time to sell the rookie picks high.
QFFL Draft Masters

#12 petekrum

petekrum

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostDOSXX, on 30 April 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

This is interesting.  If I understand correctly you don't have to draft rookies if you want to keep your entire existing roster year to year?

That is usually how it works. You'll have a rookie draft 2-4 rounds and however many rookies you draft you have to drop a corresponding number of vets from your roster.

Edited by petekrum, 30 April 2014 - 02:45 PM.

The boar runs from the tiger.
It is not cowardice. It is love of life.

#13 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostQFFL, on 30 April 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Typical rookie hype at this time of the year. Now might be the best time to sell the rookie picks high.

This

Evans is not the only WR that's 6'5' ish.

See how Allen was a 3rd rounder last year and beat the pants of the 1st and 2nd round guys.

#14 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostGains, on 30 April 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

This

Evans is not the only WR that's 6'5' ish.

See how Allen was a 3rd rounder last year and beat the pants of the 1st and 2nd round guys.
Situation > Talent when it comes to single fantasy seasons.
Allen is talented, don't get me wrong.  But 90% of the reason he was useful at all last year was because the 10* guys in front of him all got hurt in a short span.  Had it not been for that, he'd have been useless and Patterson would have reigned supreme. (1st rounder)

*Hyperbole
I do it for the likes...

#15 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Best time to sell is during the draft. That's when people trying to move up get impulsive.
Tom Brady
Arian Foster
Stevan Ridley
Eddie Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ben Tate
Da'Dick Rodgers
Josh Gordon
Marcus Wheaton
Nuk
Ladarius Green

Dynasty non-ppr
12 Team
24 player roster
No position limits

#16 GottaGetTheWin

GottaGetTheWin

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,367 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

What's the group consensus on Brian Quick for dynasty purposes?  Is he still a hold or is this train officially derailed before it ever leaves the station?
Team 1: 12 Team Keeper 1pt PPR. 5 per TD. 1 per 20 passing

QB: Cutler,Big Ben
RB: Gerhart, Sankey, B.Pierce, Terrance West, James White, Chris Polk
WR:Calvin, AJ Green, Julio(Flex), M. Floyd(Flex), J. Hunter, D. Baldwin
TE: Kyle Rudolph

#17 Timunmarohn

Timunmarohn

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

I have given up on Quick. My Dynasty league is huge, 12 team, starts  qb, 2 rb, 2 wr a rb/wr slot, wr/te slot, te, OP slot, dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 safety, one DP position. We started in 2010 so only players that year and after are eligible. Quick is useless, I currently have Julio, Stills, Mike Williams and Baldwin along with Quick, and see no way ever he amounts to anything!

#18 Timunmarohn

Timunmarohn

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

We work ours this way: We carry 42 on our roster total, and have 8 rds of rookie draft. Draft is 3rd week of preseason. You have 7 days to narrow down your roster from 50 back down to 42. You don't want em, drop em. League started in 2010 so only players available from then on are allowed. We use an auction for free agent pick ups so you start the year with 100 bucks to spend. off season, no money allowed, first come first serve on pickups. Its year round. Trades allowed for draft picks, for future drafts pretty much anything. I can never go back to regular fantasy!

#19 Timunmarohn

Timunmarohn

Just Drafted

• Probationary Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:14 AM

Oh, and we also start 22 players, 11 offensive, 11 defensive, with and additional 20 bench spots

#20 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostDOSXX, on 30 April 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yep, I like it because it feels like you're managing your own roster for a real team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users