242 replies to this topic

#1 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

I'm a junkie, I've been getting down w/ prepping for fantasy already and I've noticed several things and just want to be on record when they happen.  

Calling shots and being right before even preseason is, IMO, the most boss moves of all.  I am basing things off these metrics for me, but you can do whatever you want:

1.  12 team PPR

2.  I don't factor in week 17.  It's a garbage week with too many teams resting or not caring and my Championship game happens in week 16.

3.  Matthew Berry's top 200 deviation (for ex:  if he calls someone a top 8 RB, calling the guy a #7 RB isn't that bold to me) http://espn.go.com/f...ankings-top-200

Here we go:

Posted Image

Feel Free to disagree with me, cause I may very well be wrong, doubtful though.
2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#2 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostDreams And Dwightmares, on 29 April 2014 - 01:39 PM, said:

I'm a junkie, I've been getting down w/ prepping for fantasy already and I've noticed several things and just want to be on record when they happen.  

Calling shots and being right before even preseason is, IMO, the most boss moves of all.  I am basing things off these metrics for me, but you can do whatever you want:

1.  12 team PPR

2.  I don't factor in week 17.  It's a garbage week with too many teams resting or not caring and my Championship game happens in week 16.

3.  Matthew Berry's top 200 deviation (for ex:  if he calls someone a top 8 RB, calling the guy a #7 RB isn't that bold to me) http://espn.go.com/f...ankings-top-200

Here we go:

Posted Image

These are the worst types of threads to me. seen them year in year out and each year it is just some guy saying his man crushes are suddenly going to get much better at football.

Random- yes
Evidence/sound logic- no

#3 sasnumberonefan

sasnumberonefan

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostGains, on 29 April 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

1.  12 team PPR

Here we go:

Posted Image

These are the worst types of threads to me. seen them year in year out and each year it is just some guy saying his man crushes are suddenly going to get much better at football.

Random- yes
Evidence/sound logic- no

Don't be such a Debbie downer. This thread usually has minimal fantasy logic/relevance, but rather its more just for the fun aspect of seeing what predictions we called right at the end of the season. It's a nice enjoyable break from the seriousness of these threads
FFB 12 Team Standard 4 Keeper lose the draft pick the keeper was taken in
QB: Romo RB: Ogbonnaya, Pierre Thomas WR: Brandon Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Josh Gordon (K, 16th) TE: Jimmy Graham (K, 3rd) D/ST: New England K: Nick Folk Bench: Percy Harvin (K, FA) Justin Blackmon (K, FA) Toby Gerhart, Darren Sproles, Andre Brown, Danny Amendola

#4 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Random- yes
Evidence/sound logic- no

I've stated as much with very sound reasoning on about half these guys in different threads already.  I would have done it here too, but it would have gotten about 15x no longer and no one would have even bothered scrolling through.

You sound to me like someone who has never called their shot right.  All good bruh.
2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#5 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostDreams And Dwightmares, on 29 April 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Random- yes
Evidence/sound logic- no

I've stated as much with very sound reasoning on about half these guys in different threads already.  I would have done it here too, but it would have gotten about 15x no longer and no one would have even bothered scrolling through.

You sound to me like someone who has never called their shot right.  All good bruh.

Find the foster thread from last year and you'll see me calling everyone idiots and pointing out how he will (not may) but will get hurt

#6 Biddy711

Biddy711

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Like your Golden Tate call.  I see him vastly outperforming his 8th round ADP.  He's got the data that shows he's got some of the best hands in the NFL and now being in one of the pass happiest offenses in the league which also boasts a horrendous defense, it all equates to fantasy success.  I disagree with Brady, Gronk is no lock to be healthy next season and he basically only has Edelman and Vereen.  I see them being a run heavy team again in 2014.  Don't understand the Bell ranking.  I think Berry has him ranked pretty well at #8 RB.  I like Emanuel Sanders as well, maybe not top 15, but I definitely see top 25.  Demaryius, Julius and Welker are going to hog all those targets, going to be tough for Sanders to put up top 15 WR stats.  Kendall Wright is a decent pick, but I'd much rather take Golden Tate or Riley Cooper over him and they can be had a couple rounds later.

#7 The Jesus

The Jesus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Saying Percy Harvin won't be a top-30 receiver is not a bold call.  Saying he won't be top-30 AND he will remain healthy for most of the year would be, though.

Edited by The Jesus, 29 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#8 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostGains, on 29 April 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

Find the foster thread from last year and you'll see me calling everyone idiots and pointing out how he will (not may) but will get hurt

Sorry bro, you asked me to search and I did.  What I found was a post you started about a week before draft day where you were asking people's advice on trading FOR Arian Foster.  It was a couple of other people telling you that it was a bad idea that seemed to push you against making the trade.  

http://forums.rotowo...opic=361342&hl=

This while there was already news saying that Foster might not even be ready for the season (so you didn't go out on a ledge and predict injury, he was already injured).  The news on Foster the day before you made the post about trading for him:

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle expressed concern about Arian Foster's (back, calf) Week 1 availability on Twitter Sunday.
"If I'm (coach Gary) Kubiak and Arian Foster has a back injury that's requiring injections and feeling pain in legs, I'm worried about him for opener," wrote McClain. At a Sunday presser, Kubiak revealed Foster's back pain "has gone into his legs," and doctors advised injections to alleviate it. "They tell me these injections take time," said Kubiak. "We're taking our time. ... The running back picture is concerning." Foster has missed every timeline to return to practice the Texans' coaches and medical staff have set in front of him. After three years of overuse, it's fair to wonder if Foster's body is beginning to break down.

Source: John McClain on Twitter
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 04:24:00 PM

So you asking me to do your research has shown me that unfortunately bro, you have failed to call your shot.

I know what I just did was the definition of trolling, but you basically came in a forum I started, trashed me, and then told me how awesome you were.  I think I am allowed to troll this once.  It's no big thing though brah.  

To everyone else, call your shots and we can revisit this come next year, it's always kind of fun in the lulls of the NFL off-season.  My Rockets are getting stomped out of the NBA playoffs so I have nothing left to do for a while.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares, 29 April 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#9 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

^^^ You Got Served Gains!!!

#10 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostDreams And Dwightmares, on 29 April 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Sorry bro, you asked me to search and I did.  What I found was a post you started about a week before draft day where you were asking people's advice on trading FOR Arian Foster.  It was a couple of other people telling you that it was a bad idea that seemed to push you against making the trade.  

http://forums.rotowo...opic=361342&hl=

This while there was already news saying that Foster might not even be ready for the season (so you didn't go out on a ledge and predict injury, he was already injured).  The news on Foster the day before you made the post about trading for him:

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle expressed concern about Arian Foster's (back, calf) Week 1 availability on Twitter Sunday.
"If I'm (coach Gary) Kubiak and Arian Foster has a back injury that's requiring injections and feeling pain in legs, I'm worried about him for opener," wrote McClain. At a Sunday presser, Kubiak revealed Foster's back pain "has gone into his legs," and doctors advised injections to alleviate it. "They tell me these injections take time," said Kubiak. "We're taking our time. ... The running back picture is concerning." Foster has missed every timeline to return to practice the Texans' coaches and medical staff have set in front of him. After three years of overuse, it's fair to wonder if Foster's body is beginning to break down.

Source: John McClain on Twitter
Sun, Aug 18, 2013 04:24:00 PM

So you asking me to do your research has shown me that unfortunately bro, you have failed to call your shot.

I know what I just did was the definition of trolling, but you basically came in a forum I started, trashed me, and then told me how awesome you were.  I think I am allowed to troll this once.  It's no big thing though brah.  

To everyone else, call your shots and we can revisit this come next year, it's always kind of fun in the lulls of the NFL off-season.  My Rockets are getting stomped out of the NBA playoffs so I have nothing left to do for a while.

Dam I have to admit that is some pretty good schooling on your part. Admittedly caught me at a moement of stupidity.

I still was anti foster last year in player evals.
Maybe check around bodybuilding.com fantasy sports forum.

#11 mmrodri

mmrodri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostDreams And Dwightmares, on 29 April 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

Random- yes
Evidence/sound logic- no

In the months leading up to opening day in the Arian Foster 2013 Season Outlook thread, here are your posts:
1:

View PostGains, on 22 August 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

View PostSean-O, on 21 August 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Kind of interesting quote from Kubiak.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
5m
Gary Kubiak on Arian Foster: "Is it a must for him to be ready to go against San Diego and help his team win? No, I don’t think it is."

Hard to say what it really means other than it's not life or death if he's not ready for week 1. Thinking long term & big picture?

I thought it meant he didn't need foster to be the Chargers.HAHAHA

which to be fair is true.

2:

View PostGains, on 22 August 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

Even if foster is healthy his workload has to go down significantly for his health/careers sake. Kubriak is stubborn, very stubborn but even this should wake up enough to see a world witout foster is not a good world for him.

Best senario shave off a few hundreds yards and 5 Tds.

worst case big injury

3:

View PostGains, on 23 August 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

as a guy that grabbed tate a few times this is not the news I want to hear.

we will see though. tate should have a lot more carries then last year though.

None of those are even remotely negative on Foster. They hint at a possible drop in carries to preserve his career and then that his return dropped Tate's value.

On the other hand, let's take a few swings at the fences...
  • Chris Johnson will be a top 12 RB this season behind a competent Jets offense.
  • Detroit Lions passing offense takes a few steps back without OC Linehan (Megatron not Top 4, Tate not Top 30, Bush not Top 30, Stafford not Top 8), but Joique Bell finishes Top 12 as the Lions start being a run-heavy team and make the playoffs.
  • As teams dissect how the Jaguars and Seahawks dismantled Peyton Manning's passing attack, he falls outside the top 5 at the position fantasy-wise.

#12 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostGains, on 29 April 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Dam I have to admit that is some pretty good schooling on your part. Admittedly caught me at a moement of stupidity.

I still was anti foster last year in player evals.
Maybe check around bodybuilding.com fantasy sports forum.

All good bro.  We all make mistakes.  If people dug up on me, they would find mistakes too.

View Postmmrodri, on 29 April 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

3.  As teams dissect how the Jaguars and Seahawks dismantled Peyton Manning's passing attack, he falls outside the top 5 at the position fantasy-wise.

Very gutsy to go against Peyton Manning.  That's calling your shot alright.

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares, 29 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#13 mmrodri

mmrodri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Sorry, didn't realize a bunch of other guys had already schooled you on this AND you had addressed it. Being the first or second guy to make a smart*ss comment can be funny...Being the third or later just makes you a jerk.

Bold Prediction for 2014: mmrodri jumps the shark at least 4 more times before the end of the fantasy football season.

#14 Gains

Gains

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

View Postmmrodri, on 29 April 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Sorry, didn't realize a bunch of other guys had already schooled you on this AND you had addressed it. Being the first or second guy to make a smart*ss comment can be funny...Being the third or later just makes you a jerk.

Bold Prediction for 2014: mmrodri jumps the shark at least 4 more times before the end of the fantasy football season.

i  jumped the shark on every single patriot weapon last season....every single one.

Sudfeld
Dola
Kenbrel
Edelman
Dobson
Vareen
Ridely
Blount
Boyce
Gronk

Even the supposedly ball hawk D/ST

Only two I didn't go after was Brady himself and the kicker

#15 Al.Davis

Al.Davis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

• Chris Johnson will be a top 12 RB this season behind a competent Jets offense.

• Detroit Lions passing offense takes a few steps back without OC Linehan (Megatron not Top 4, Tate not Top 30, Bush not Top 30, Stafford not Top 8), but Joique Bell finishes Top 12 as the Lions start being a run-heavy team and make the playoffs.

• As teams dissect how the Jaguars and Seahawks dismantled Peyton Manning's passing attack, he falls outside the top 5 at the position fantasy-wise.

I believe CJ?K has been a top 12 RB pretty much his entire career....even in the Lendale White days.  This call is more squeeze bunt than swing for fences!

#16 RMJ_12

RMJ_12

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

1.  12 team PPR

Here we go:

Posted Image

for what reason do you have Stacy not in the top 15?  just wondering

#17 justzeetip

justzeetip

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Cordarrelle Patterson jumps 11 spots and finishes top 10(top 7-8 in leagues that award return points)

RGIII finishes top 3

Marcus Lattimore takes over as the starting RB in SF and becomes a RB2-flex

Reggie Wayne comes back healthy and jump up 30 spots to top15
10 Team Dynasty league (play more players to make it more competitive)

QB           RGIII
RB           L Mccoy, J Charles
RB/WR    Woodhead
WR          Dez Bryant, T. Smith, K Allen
WR/TE     Julius Thomas
TE           J. Graham
D/ST        Streaming
K             Vinatieri
BE           L. Miller, P. Rivers, Andre Brown, M Lattimore, C. Patterson, Michael Floyd, M Wallace, L Green

#18 mmrodri

mmrodri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostAl.Davis, on 29 April 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

I believe CJ?K has been a top 12 RB pretty much his entire career....even in the Lendale White days.  This call is more squeeze bunt than swing for fences!

True, more against the grain than "Bold" (capital B), but in fairness a lot of people are gonna be down on him going into drafts since "he's be a committee back" and "he's on the Jets". I just see a great situation for him and he will keep on doing what he does every year. If Ivory goes down early/often, I'd be bold (still lower case B) enough to say he might even finish Top 5.

#19 mmrodri

mmrodri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

View Postmmrodri, on 29 April 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostAl.Davis, on 29 April 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

True, more against the grain than "Bold" (capital B), but in fairness a lot of people are gonna be down on him going into drafts since "he's be a committee back" and "he's on the Jets". I just see a great situation for him and he will keep on doing what he does every year. If Ivory goes down early/often, I'd be bold (still lower case B) enough to say he might even finish Top 5.
Note to self: Sunglasses are bold...

#20 wonderbread

wonderbread

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Jake Locker has a great year and Justin Hunter is top 15 receiver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users