3545 replies to this topic

#3541 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Who would you guys start at flex between Jeffery, Gordon, and Lamar Miller? 10 pt. TDs, 10 points for 100 yards rushing or 100 yards receiving. I am doing this under the assumption Julio will be out or not worth starting.

That's a tough coin toss. I guess I'd go with Gordon because I think he'll get a boatload of targets so I'd be praying he could catch half of 12-15 targets.

Do you think he will get that many targets? He only got 4 last week.

Ugh good point. Both Manziel and Clausen will need to pepper their #1 target with passes, maybe Alshon will be the guy to start.

2014 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season in the "Your League" forum on RW***

Record: 5-8

QB: Big Ben
RB1: Frank Gore (5.06)
RB2: Lamar Miller
WR1: Calvin Johnson (1.06)
WR2: Julio Jones (2.09)
W/R/T: Roddy White
W/R/T: Golden Tate (7.06)
TE: Eric Ebron
DEF: DET DST
K: Dan Carpenter

Bench: PHI DST, Keenan Allen (3.06), , Carlos Hyde, Harry Douglas (11.06), Kenny Stills, Andy Dalton, KaDeem Carey (14.09), Nick Foles (8.09)James White (12.09), Eli Manning (13.06), CLE DST (15.06), Danny Woodhead (6.09), Steven Hauschka, K, SEA (16.09), Heath Miller (10.09)

#3542 Dislimb

Dislimb

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted Today, 12:37 AM

Lamar Miller, simply because he is guaranteed to touch the ball more times than both of the receivers are. With 10 point TDs and bonuses (horrible rules IMO) I'm always going to play the guy that has the most opportunities to score/touch the ball.
10 team, round-based keeper league (up to three players, but no more than one per position) with standard scoring (non-PPR) and 4 point passing TDs:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (k-2)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (k-1)
RB2: Justin Forsett (n/a)
WR1: Calvin Johnson (t-1)
WR2: Julio Jones (k-3)
RB/WR: Emmanuel Sanders (6)
TE: Jared Cook (n/a)
D/ST: New England Patrots (14)
K: Justin Tucker (16)

Bench:

QB: Tony Romo (10)
RB: Bernard Pierce (5), Fred Jackson (9), Knile Davis (11)
WR: Kenny Stills (n/a), Harry Douglas (n/a)
D/ST: Houston Texans (n/a)

#3543 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted Today, 01:41 AM

Just looked back at the draft and I am pretty satisfied with how my draft shook out.

13 of my 16 picks were usable. The only three that weren't good picks were Wes Welker (pick 51), Lance Dunbar (pick 131), and Marqise Lee (173). I guess we can throw Cam Newton in there as well at 108, but he was usable at times and I also used him to get Luck  ;)

Hell, even my Charles Johnson pick at 201 overall ended up being useful. Pretty much what you would expect from a last round dart throw. He is someone's flex WR.

Pretty satisfied with my preseason views on Fat Eddie (1st), Roddy White (3rd), Mike Wallace (5th), Jeremy Hill (6th), Greg Olsen (7th), Big Ben  (11th).

Definitely not proud of my Wes Welker (4th), Cam Newton (8th), and Lance Dunbar (9th) picks.

I was sure that Welker was in for 85-900-7 season. I was stoked to get Cam Newton as the 14th QB off the board. And I bought into pre-season hype about Lance Dunbar.

Perhaps my favorite prediction, in this league, was Greg Olsen being the best target at TE after the 3rd round. And my pre-season rookie of the year candidate Jeremy Hill is still in the hunt for that title.

I was high on Cruz, and he ended up getting injured (of course), but man, I would love to see what he could have done after the passing attack starting rolling once an outside threat was established. ODB + Cruz would have been dirty for that team.

Then again...Eli Manning.

Edited by AshesAndLaughter, Today, 01:44 AM.

5th seed for playoffs, #2 in points

12-team PPR; 4pt passing TDs, 2 Flex Spots and no kicker (HIGH FIVE):

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Jeremy Hill
RB: BOOM Herron
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: TY Hilton
Flex: DeAndre Hopkins
Flex: Harry Douglas
TE: Super Smash Rob Gronkowski
Def: Ravens @MIA

Bench:
Russell Wilson, Rashad Jennings, James Starks, Kenny Stills, Donte Moncreif, Eagles D/ST

#3544 Robrain

Robrain

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,016 posts

Posted Today, 03:18 AM

Nah, I haven't posted anything because I've been enjoying not checking Twitter like a crazy person every single day, lol.

I'll post some stuff this weekend, maybe on Saturday.

I will say that the effort level you saw me put into this league this season was primarily geared towards winning back-to-back Championships. This league, being so competitive, I wanted to see if that was possible.

I'll likely changeover to a strategy next season that doesn't require so many adds/drops, haha.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. RB - Adrian Peterson......(01.03)
WR1: Malcom Floyd...........(14.14)............. RB - Matt Asiata..........(UD.FA)
WR2: Eddie Royal............(UD.FA)............. RB - Juwan Thompson.......(16.12)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. RB - Damien Williams......(16.10)
RB2: Eddie Lacy.............(01.05)............. RB - LaMichael James......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: RB Branden Oliver....(UD.FA)............. TE - Austin Sef-Jenkins...(UD.FA)
FLEX2: RB Steven Jackson....(04.02)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(UD.FA)
TE : Travis Kelce...........(15.12)............. WR/IR Marquess Wilson.....(UD.FA)

#3545 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

Integrity...
I have $4 FAAB, my opponent for the ship has none. This means that if I so desire I could lock up 4-8 players and prevent him from having them or playing them against me this week. Is this poor sportsmanship, fair game or something else?
I do it for the likes...

#3546 Robrain

Robrain

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,016 posts

Posted Today, 05:12 AM

That's $4 worth of strategy that he didn't have the forethought to calculate ahead of time.

Completely fair game.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. RB - Adrian Peterson......(01.03)
WR1: Malcom Floyd...........(14.14)............. RB - Matt Asiata..........(UD.FA)
WR2: Eddie Royal............(UD.FA)............. RB - Juwan Thompson.......(16.12)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. RB - Damien Williams......(16.10)
RB2: Eddie Lacy.............(01.05)............. RB - LaMichael James......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: RB Branden Oliver....(UD.FA)............. TE - Austin Sef-Jenkins...(UD.FA)
FLEX2: RB Steven Jackson....(04.02)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(UD.FA)
TE : Travis Kelce...........(15.12)............. WR/IR Marquess Wilson.....(UD.FA)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users