#3621 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

thats insane. how do you settle it?

Yahoo settings: Whoever won the head to head matchup this season gets it.  The other owner did so he wins.  Kind of lame since I outscored him by 250 this season, led the league in scoring, etc.

https://help.yahoo.c...mpressions=true

On an up note, I manage the team with someone else and he negotiated a split pot before the game, so I'm heading to a steakhouse in NYC sometime after the holidays to celebrate regardless.  :D

• predator_05 likes this

#3622 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

I had no less than four different owners inquire about the availability of Manning/Graham even before the draft was completed. Even though I'm not big on either QB or TE super early (first two rounds) even in this format, I couldn't take anything less than a major haul for them. I was actually content just standing pat with the team I ended up with, but when IC put Peterson on his trade block it got me thinking...

I made an initial offer (that I'll keep to myself unless IC wishes to share which is fine by me) that was rejected, but the final trade was his first counter offer. I am very pleased with it. I do really like Chris Johnson this year (seriously, I do) and I understand the huge advantage that a guy like Jimmy Graham gives you week after week, but in the end I just couldn't pass this up. I have Peterson as my #3 RB on my board (with only McCoy and Charles ahead of him) and Lynch as my #5 RB (with only Forte in between) so to land two top 5 RBs on my board was huge for me. Especially since IC also had Lynch's handcuff.

Manning to Brady is certainly a downgrade at the QB spot for me, but I still look at Brady as a top 8 QB in a 6 pt. passing league. I trust Brady to stay healthy (never hurt other than the freak Pollard play) and be competitive all year. If Gronk is healthy then that's just the icing on the cake.

Clay is JAG but I might want to upgrade the TE spot now. Losing Graham hurts, but I'll manage.

Wow.

I got mixed feelings about this one.

First of all, I'm glad you put your stamp on the team after I cornered you into QB/TE at the beginning of the draft.

Your team should be the tits with this roster format.

That said, I am a HUGE Graham fan.

That said, though I thought he was the best available where I took him, I have a bad feeling all that over the middle action will get him chopped down enough times to be hurt in a "one thing after another" kind of way, and sooner or later he won't be able to stay productive when hurt.

That said, here are my true feelings about Peyton:

Though I will not be targeting him, I believe he is going to shred the competition this year out of competitive fury for what happened in the SB. I believe Ball will tank a little, and he will Omaha his way to another 45 TDs...regression? Look at his 2012 numbers. He is on a plane. A PLANE that I don't think can be touched.

But again...I only took him because he fell to me.

I felt like Alf fell to me too for that matter.

Can I see the rosters when you guys get a sec?

I took a look back at the numbers from the trade to see where I would have come out if I hadn't made it.  Of course there were a number of factors not under our control (AP getting suspended, Graham getting injured, etc).

In the end, the trade was a 42 point difference in favor of dislimb.   Had I not made the trade, my record would have been the same (6-7).  

Overall it was somewhat even on a weekly basis in the regular season.  There were six weeks where Manning/Graham/CJ2K outscored Brady/Lynch/Clay and seven weeks where Brady/Lynch/Clay outscored Manning/Graham/CJ2K.   Brady/Lynch/Clay really came on in the middle of the season, once Brady broke out of his slump and Manning fell into his combined with Graham being hurt on and off.  It carried over into the playoffs as well.

• Dislimb likes this

#3623 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

2wrelqs.jpg

Damn... if only you had a few FAAB to sweeten the deal. :D

The funny part is Peterson had 0 points on the season and I think you still wouldn't have made that deal just to save your roster spots from that hunk of crap that was offered. lol.

• Robrain, Ryan81 and Dislimb like this

#3624 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Congrats goes to ToO_BaD our 2014 Champ!!!

1350938531_1.jpg

If y'all would be so kind could you post a brief (or not so brief if you're so inclined) post-season recap for your team's season.

RWFinal_zps367da80d.png

• ToO_BaD likes this

2015 RW Mock Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, All TDs 6 pts
***Follow along this season on our thread in the "Your League" forum on RW***

1.07 - Antonio Brown, 2.08 - Matt Forte, 3.07 - Jordan Matthews, 4.08 - Travis Kelce, 5.07 - Greg Olsen, 6.08 - Cam Newton, 7.07 - Shane Vereen, 8.08 - Knile Davis, 9.07 - David Johnson, 10.08 - Cody Latimer, 11.07 - Marvin Jones, 12.08 - James Starks, 13.07 - Markus Wheaton, 14.08 - Nick Toon, 15.07 - Andy Dalton, 16.08 - ARI DST, UDFA - Adam Vinatieri

#3625 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,187 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Hmm brief summary of my team.  Well I didn't make a ton of moves (one of two with less than 10 all season), and my starting roster stayed about the same all season, except for a slight transition from Fitz to Evans and Davis and Gates.  Rodgers and Forte were my most consistent through the season, Hilton was pretty big at times and Gates had some great games.  Benjamin was also a pretty solid contributor.  I was lucky to get a couple of those standout rookie WRs.  Made a couple of good late additions with CJ Anderson and Royal (only used Royal the final week).  Anderson is the only reason I had a 0 budget, as I spend the final (47 I think?) on him.  Had a terrible set of RBs outside of Forte for a majority of the season, as I consistently had to roll out T-Rich. Thankfully I had enough firepower at WR to get me through the two flex positions.

Scored the most season points in the league, and definitely did not have a lucky schedule (*cough*Robrain*cough*), as I also had the 4th most points scored against (and just narrowly behind 3rd and 2nd).  Started off a little slow and had a couple good win streaks help propel me to the #2 seed in the playoffs, and it was fun that I got to play two of the more interesting teams to make the playoffs in Robrain and A&L.  

Overall it was a really fun season and I am glad I could get in on it.  Hope to be a part of it once again next year, as it not only provides me with vital information for this league but for my other leagues as well.  Hope to be able to read a few more of these from you guys, and hope ya'll have a great 2015!

2015 Roto World Mock Real League (2014 Champion)

(Starters in bold) - Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex (W/R/T), 1 TE, 0.5 PPR, 6 pts all TDs, 14 teams.

QB - Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco

RB - Marshawn Lynch, Alfred Morris, Denard Robinson

WR - Brandin Cooks, Amari Cooper, Steve Smith Sr., DeVante Parker, Devin Funchess, Kevin White   

Flex (W/R/T) - C.J. Spiller, Martavis Bryant

TE - Martellus Bennett

*Any Given Pick League* (Friends): 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014 Champion 

Keep up to three players for four years drafted 9th round or later.  2015 Keeper - Julio Jones.  

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex (W/R/T), 1 TE, custom scoring.

QB - 

RB - 

WR - 

Flex (W/R/T) - 

TE - 

#3626 Robrain

Robrain

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,322 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:31 AM

ToO_BaD held strong whenever I tried to trade with him.

2015 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Tom Brady..............(07.03)............. QB - Matthew Stafford.....(04.12)
WR1: Breshad Perriman.......(06.12)............. RB - Lorenzo Taliaferro...(08.12)
WR2: Marquess Wilson........(UD.FA)............. RB - Javorius Allen.......(09.03)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.14)............. RB - Chris Polk...........(UD.FA)
RB2: LeSean McCoy...........(02.09)............. WR - Dorial Green-Beckham.(10.12)
FLEX1: RB Frank Gore........(02.12)............. RB - Josh Robinson........(15.03)
FLEX2: RB Darren McFadden...(05.03)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(12.03)
TE : Eric Ebron.............(13.03)............. RB - Zach Zenner..........(UD.FA)

#3627 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:29 AM

My team: 3rd in points scored and 2nd in points again. I had a pretty tough schedule but put up a good amount of points too. Like Too Bad, my starting roster was pretty much the same all season. I took a pretty big hit when Bradshaw went down as I then had to start plugging in a hurt Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas/Travaris Cadet in my lineup. TE was not my strongsuit and if there is one thing I regret about the draft it is definitely picking Jason Witten over Greg Olsen. I almost did but I did it for homer reasons. And I thought that the Cowboys would pass more. 

I was pretty content with my starters though. Rivers did exactly what I thought he would. Solid QB1 although his back injury hurt him. Dez/Jordy/Alshon stabilized my team and provided those big boom weeks I wanted. Bradshaw did exactly what I predicted. sanu was up and down and fell off the last few weeks. 

Overall, I'm happy with how this season went. Just wish I had a little different luck in the playoffs. Of the 4 teams in the 1st round I was 2nd in points scored but had to play the luckbot. Go figure. In the 2nd round, I think I scored the most of the 6 teams in the playoffs as well. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. 

14 Team RW Mock Real League - .5 PPR, 6 pt. passing TDs
QB: Sam Bradford
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Melvin Gordon
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2: Golden Tate
W/R/T: Jarvis Landry
W/R/T: Roddy White
TE: Jordan Cameron
Bench: Isaiah Crowell, Chris Johnson, Carson Palmer, Ladarius Green, Antonio Gates, Travaris Cadet

#3628 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:02 PM

I also thought it was interesting that Too Bad basically rode his roster the whole season, something I thought I'd be able to do for sure but...well...you all know how that worked out.

Overall, I can't really say I'd have done anything majorly different with my team. Injuries tanked my season plain and simple. I probably should've been more patient with keeping Miller at my TE spot and I should've trusted my gut on Foles even though I got him for a steal in the draft, then again who knows how his play would've gone had he not gotten hurt, maybe he would've got hot.

One thing that happened this season that I don't think has ever happened in FFB since I've been playing is the number of rookie WR who had a big impact on teams. In a typical season there's 1 maybe 2 that do so but this season there was about 5! This made teams who possibly sacrificed at WR in the draft very competitive if they happened to draft or trade for one of those rookie WRs.

1.07 - Antonio Brown, 2.08 - Matt Forte, 3.07 - Jordan Matthews, 4.08 - Travis Kelce, 5.07 - Greg Olsen, 6.08 - Cam Newton, 7.07 - Shane Vereen, 8.08 - Knile Davis, 9.07 - David Johnson, 10.08 - Cody Latimer, 11.07 - Marvin Jones, 12.08 - James Starks, 13.07 - Markus Wheaton, 14.08 - Nick Toon, 15.07 - Andy Dalton, 16.08 - ARI DST, UDFA - Adam Vinatieri

#3629 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,187 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:11 PM

My team: 3rd in points scored and 2nd in points again. I had a pretty tough schedule but put up a good amount of points too. Like Too Bad, my starting roster was pretty much the same all season. I took a pretty big hit when Bradshaw went down as I then had to start plugging in a hurt Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas/Travaris Cadet in my lineup. TE was not my strongsuit and if there is one thing I regret about the draft it is definitely picking Jason Witten over Greg Olsen. I almost did but I did it for homer reasons. [b/]And I thought that the Cowboys would pass more.[/b]

Yeah man I definitely agree with the passing part.  I thought for sure Dez would be the #1 receiver with Linehan coming in.  Couldn't believe how much that team ran the ball this season.

Edited by ToO_BaD, 27 December 2014 - 01:17 PM.

2015 Roto World Mock Real League (2014 Champion)

(Starters in bold) - Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex (W/R/T), 1 TE, 0.5 PPR, 6 pts all TDs, 14 teams.

QB - Philip Rivers, Joe Flacco

RB - Marshawn Lynch, Alfred Morris, Denard Robinson

WR - Brandin Cooks, Amari Cooper, Steve Smith Sr., DeVante Parker, Devin Funchess, Kevin White   

Flex (W/R/T) - C.J. Spiller, Martavis Bryant

TE - Martellus Bennett

*Any Given Pick League* (Friends): 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014 Champion 

Keep up to three players for four years drafted 9th round or later.  2015 Keeper - Julio Jones.  

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 Flex (W/R/T), 1 TE, custom scoring.

QB - 

RB - 

WR - 

Flex (W/R/T) - 

TE - 

#3630 Dislimb

Dislimb

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

Lost Adrian Peterson after week one and still made the playoffs. I'll take it.
  • DocJ, predator_05 and Iron-cock like this

#3631 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'll just leave this here:

Gore:

16 Dec 20 SD 26-158 6.1 1 0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0

17 Dec 28 ARZ 25-144 5.8 0 2 5 2.5 0 0 0 0 0 0

Miller:

16 Dec 21 MIN 19-92 4.8 1 5 58 11.6 0 0 0 0 0 0

17 Dec 28 NYJ 19-178 9.4 1 0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0

My plan worked perfectly....  <_<

Edited by DocJ, 29 December 2014 - 07:03 PM.

• Ryan81 likes this

#3632 Ryan81

Ryan81

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'll just leave this here:

Gore:

16 Dec 20 SD 26-158 6.1 1 0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0

17 Dec 28 ARZ 25-144 5.8 0 2 5 2.5 0 0 0 0 0 0

Miller:

16 Dec 21 MIN 19-92 4.8 1 5 58 11.6 0 0 0 0 0 0

17 Dec 28 NYJ 19-178 9.4 1 0 0 .0 0 0 0 0 0 0

My plan worked perfectly....  <_<

I don't even want to look at Jordy, Dez, Alshon and Reggie's numbers from week 16 and 17. 

• DocJ likes this
14 Team RW Mock Real League - .5 PPR, 6 pt. passing TDs
QB: Sam Bradford
RB1: Adrian Peterson
RB2: Melvin Gordon
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2: Golden Tate
W/R/T: Jarvis Landry
W/R/T: Roddy White
TE: Jordan Cameron
Bench: Isaiah Crowell, Chris Johnson, Carson Palmer, Ladarius Green, Antonio Gates, Travaris Cadet

#3633 DocJ

DocJ

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

Made it to May 20th this year...it creeps up earlier every year bros. I just renewed the league and I'll be starting a 2015 thread next week.

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=it's on

• Iron-cock and FFCollusion like this

#3634 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:58 PM

If y'all would be so kind could you post a brief (or not so brief if you're so inclined) post-season recap for your team's season.

I know I'm late but here's a quick recap on my season.

I drafted 6 runningbacks.  All six of their fantasy points combined were outscored by LeVeon Bell by himself.

That is not hyperbole, it's a fact.

• DocJ and Iron-cock like this

Worst Posters of RotoWorld:
1: Me

2: FFCollusion

3: You

#3635 ZidaneValor

ZidaneValor

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Look at this trainwreck of a draft I had last season:

QB: Tony Romo (7.01)
RB: Jamaal Charles (1.01)
RB: Zac Stacy (2.14)
WR: Michael Floyd (4.14)
WR: Torrey Smith (5.01)
Flex: Andre Ellington (3.01)
Flex: Marques Colston (6.14)
TE: Jared Cook (13.1)
D/ST: Kansas City (15.1)
BENCH: Knile Davis (8.14)
BENCH: Devonta Freeman (9.01)
BENCH: Russell Wilson (10.14)
BENCH: Riley Cooper (11.1)
BENCH: James Jones (12.14)
BENCH: Malcom Floyd (14.14) 

Good gracious.  I think the only player I drafted that exceeded expectations was Russell Wilson and maybe James Jones for a couple weeks.

Also, LOLLED hard at the fact that Odell Beckham Jr. got drafted in the fourteenth round last year (by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast at pick 14.03).

Edited by ZidaneValor, 22 May 2015 - 01:32 PM.

• DocJ likes this

#3636 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

With the new extra point rules, I'm going back to back kicker in rounds 1 and 2.

• DocJ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users