28 replies to this topic

#1 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

EY Jr. just activated. If you need speed and he was dropped, he should get bulk of playing time with Lagares hurt and Chris Young playing horrible.

For tomorrow Roenis Elias has a great start against the Padres, then at KC is another solid start. Home against Cleveland after. Good time to try him out, he's been very average, but he could be above average on easy match ups.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#2 BMcP

BMcP

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

Are the Royals an easy matchup these days?
Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

#3 pmccurry

pmccurry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostBMcP, on 16 June 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

no.  ever since dave sveum took over as hitting coach, its been a world of difference.

#4 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

With Pomeranz injury Brad Mills will most likely join rotation for A's. He's put up great numbers in AAA so definitely worth a look in deeper leagues.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#5 Travis C.

Travis C.

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Jesus Montero, has hit in all 3 games since being called up, playing C/1B/DH... Just hit his first HR
10 team - 7 keeper - 15x15 H2H
C: Rosario
1B: Victor
2B: Cano
SS: Reyes
3B: Miggy
OF: CarGo, Braun, Ellsbury
Util: Melky
Bench: Taveras, Bogaerts, Wong, Calhoun

SP: Bumgarner, Strasburg, Gray
RP: Chapman, Kenley
Bench: Verlander, A.Wood, Ross, Rubby, Gausman, Rodney

#6 Vagos_scp

Vagos_scp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Scooter Gennet is hitting lead off again for the Brew crew. If your weak at 2B or have been riding Solarte, Gennet might be a good replacement. He's got a 4 multi hit streak game going right now. He'll chip in with a bit of pop one in awhile have a SB here and there too. He may be sitting vs leftys though.

Edited by Vagos_scp, 17 June 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#7 mastermin(d)esign

mastermin(d)esign

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

Dude, they're the hottest team in baseball and have been for well over a week. Come on man...

#8 Peppy

Peppy

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

View Postmastermin(d)esign, on 18 June 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

Dude, they're the hottest team in baseball and have been for well over a week. Come on man...

I don't think he was saying they aren't hot.  I think he was pointing that out and saying they are a tough matchup right now....
Then no one can stop the wrath of Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz!

As they say in Mexico, "Dasvidaniya!" Down there, that's two vidaniyas.

When it comes to havoc nobody wreaks like me!"

#9 pmccurry

pmccurry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostPeppy, on 18 June 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I don't think he was saying they aren't hot.  I think he was pointing that out and saying they are a tough matchup right now....

thinking he was debunking this statement:

View PostSidearmer, on 16 June 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

EY Jr. just activated. If you need speed and he was dropped, he should get bulk of playing time with Lagares hurt and Chris Young playing horrible.

For tomorrow Roenis Elias has a great start against the Padres, then at KC is another solid start. Home against Cleveland after. Good time to try him out, he's been very average, but he could be above average on easy match ups.

#10 BMcP

BMcP

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

View Postpmccurry, on 18 June 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

View PostPeppy, on 18 June 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

thinking he was debunking this statement:

View PostSidearmer, on 16 June 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Bingo!
Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

#11 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

What about Jesse Hahn vs Seattle tomorrow? Playing with fire and best to leave trash on the wire or too good of a matchup to pass up?
I back the realest and original Polanco :-)

#12 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostPPolanco, on 19 June 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

What about Jesse Hahn vs Seattle tomorrow? Playing with fire and best to leave trash on the wire or too good of a matchup to pass up?

I did it btw. I put some info in his thread. Not on the same level as my previous mancrushes Floyd and Arrieta (I'll consider McCarthy a swing-and-miss atm :( ) but worth a snag to catch some lightning.

After tomorrow's start (home vs Seattle) he's a 2-starter for next week (@SF, vs ARI). Decent

Edited by PPolanco, 19 June 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#13 Phina11y

Phina11y

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm giving him a shot pp. Everything i read about hahn is positive and he has the stuff to succeed. Before injuries he was hitting 99 and he has movement on his fastball. He should continue to improve and could be a nice play until his innings are cut short.

http://gradingonthec...ove-jesse-hahn/

Edited by Phina11y, 19 June 2014 - 12:57 PM.

12 Team Yahoo $ H2H  Daily MLB Redraft League 5th Place (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS)
C D. Mesoraco
1B A. Gonzalez
2B M. Carpenter
3B T. Frazier
SS J. Rollins
OF M. Trout
OF J. Upton
OF M. Morse
Util J. Morneau, K. Davis
SP S. Strasburg, G. Richards, E. Santana, Y. Ventura, Y. Gallardo, D. Smyly, M. Stroman, K. Gausman, J. Hahn
RP G. Holland, H. Rondon, C. Allen, M. Melancon, D. Betances

NA J. Nelson
DL M. Pineda, D. Pomeranz
RIP J. Fernandez, M. Harvey

#14 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Interests:Bein' Ada Allin!

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

A few. One I meant to mention earlier who is red-hot and almost looking like the talent he was supposed to be coming up in Queens: OF J.D. Martinez of DET. He is likely to remain in the lineup with Rajai sliding into a reserve role as well, so he should continue to see ABs. Hit another HR today- 6 on the year. 20 RBI I think. Good pickup while he's hitting and playing, and so well.

C/OF Stephen Vogt of the A's is seeing a lot of time given that they have a great tandem in Jaso (whom I also recommend to anyone who needs a C, as he is owned in under 20% on Y! at least, I think- and for OBP leagues he's real nice and plays a lot) and Norris who shouldn't be getting so many off days just in my opinion. But Vogt has benefited from a few when Jaso will slide to DH and he does catch, though lately he has been playing RF for them (sometimes with all 3 deployed in the starting lineup card at once, oddly- just find that interesting is all!). He's hitting something like .333 over his last 10 and that comes over about 50AB I think? He isn't anything fantastic, but for someone looking for a C2 or backup with versatility he's OK for deeper leagues w/ daily lineups.

Another more interesting name at C right now (to me) who also carries some odd eligibility (on Y! at least- I should note I am basing these off of my leagues on that platform, right now at least).... he's a C/CI (but not 3B or 1B eligible- any idea why that is?) and he has been actually playing pretty good ball lately for them is Rangers C/CI Robinson Chirinos (who was once actually considered a solid prospect in the Cubs org. before being a part of the Garza deal- or known for having nice pop anyway). Again, better for daily lineups, but it's not a stretch to say you could carry him in 12+ if it's 2C or deep benches.
From the month of June alone (since his playing time has increased, so I kind of am dismissing his overall numbers since the dramatic uptick in performance coupled with the increased/regular playing time): 4 HR (6 total for ref), 10 RBI (half his season total), 5 R, and a .344 AVG w/ 11 hits attributing to it. His OBP is actually .314, so I didn't want to bring it up- heh. But for cheap pop, he is having a nice month and available pretty universally.

MIL 2B Scooter Gennett is a guy worth adding for MI depth, or even to start at 2B since he is on the strong side of that platoon and Weeks hasn't shown much in about 2 or 3 years it feels like now.... Gennett also leads off, which adds to his value. Has moderate speed & power- could be a 15/15 guy with solid AVG/OBP numbers. Unsure if he is playing vs LHP as well lately too or just starting full-time vs. RHP, but he has asserted himself that much I know... and that he's hitting close to or a little over.300 in about the exact amount of AB he had as a rookie last year, and putting up similar (if not close to as good- at least some ratios are better this season) numbers in the same amount. I think he's legit but he will have some off days- best for daily lineups.

SS Chris Owings of the DBacks is similar. When he plays, he seems to have big games all of the time. But then he'll play off the bench for one or two games out of nowhere, and with Didi reappearing in that picture it has gotten murky and annoying even in daily lineups because of Owings' potential if playing everyday. That said, should Gregorious be dealt or Owings starts to play daily, he needs to be owned and while he's under or right at/around 15%, it isn't a bad time to grab him and just keep him benched or spot him in and hope he gets full reign soon enough. He has something like five or six 3-hit (or more- I think?) games this year despite it all, and nice numbers all around.. 20/20 potential in a full year.

SEA OF James Jones, now that he's playing more often (or daily?) if you need speed without killing any ratios too much. His OBP isn't that great (around .315ish) but he's hitting .284 and is 11/12 on the bases, with 23 Runs (not bad). He's a nice 4th or 5th OF in deeper leagues and provides speed alongside stats similar to a Dyson type. But with regular playing time, I think he's a better bet....

PIT fantasy utility man OF/3B/2B Josh Harrison has been playing great for awhile now, but started going cold and looked like he was going to lose playing time right when Walker got hurt. Then he took his spot, and has since stepped it up again and is playing some great ball. Also helping the cause, Hurdle plans to keep him in the lineup as a starter once Walker returns (assuming he doesn't tank before then or something, but he had a nice run before a 4 or 5 game slump and brief benching before replacing Walker). People have said it may be hard to get him in the lineup, but I think they could find a place to play him regularl enough to make him worth the own. On the year, his overall numbers are nice: .317/.354/.488 with an .842 OPS. 23 runs, 18 ribs, 10 doubles/3 triples/4 dingers, 9:22 k/bb ratio, and even 4 SB in there (caught 3 times though- so not a great rate). Did his work in 164 total AB (he did begin the year as more of a traditional reserve I think, in fairness).

Fellow Pirates SP Charlie Morton has pending starts against the Cubs tomorrow, and a powderpuff offense (I THINK) after that as well, making him someone to jump on right now if he's out there. He really isn't a bad hold, either, as he has the ability to get strikeouts- I think as a GB pitcher, he probably pitches to contact most of the time anyway, though. But he has nice stuff, and his 0-6 start is distant memory to me and should be to you as well. I caution that the Cubs have been playing solid ball, and the offense has been solid too, but after checking his schedule to confirm he has Tampa if everything stays on schedule after CHC, so I think he's well worth a pickup if only for those next two starts.. still out there in a lot of leagues evidently.

Jaime Garcia is starting to go up in ownership, but if he is somehow on your wire and you need SP, I consider him a must-own SP right now, or at least while he's winning and his luck is this good. He seems bound to start giving up harder hits or just more hits as a whole, and probably more home runs too, but on the Cards he could still be good for helping you with wins and while holding down both a solid WHIP and ERA even if not spectacular or anything. I do admit he's the type of guy who I wouldn't give a TON of leash to, though, so if I was using him and considered him someone I was holding onto or thought he would be and he had a huge stinker I wouldn't hesitate to cut bait (a good example of what I'm trying to describe would probably be when I- and I'm sure a lot of other redraft league owners of Garrett Richards- were in flux about what to do with him in certain formats after that .2 inning outing, and to those who held I'm sure are happy now, but in using him and that situation in this example and being an owner at the time despite holding and sure glad I did, I was *this* close to cutting him for a hot FA, considerinig him a stream-type after that game)...... the thing with Perez is....well, there's things- like never having thrown 200 innings, being injury prone, and the fact that he is prone to blowups sometimes. But I would confidently use him.

A nice stream at SP tomorrow would also be SEA's Erasmo Ramirez @SD if you're feeling like rolling some dice.... he didn't allow a run last time out but walked 5 in 5IP I think. I always tend to think anyone can be god at petco and the Pads seem to hit well anytime I watch a game that's televised there.... so I would be nervous with him, but everyone had oozed about his potential so I figure.... since it's a plus machup it was worth mention.

Someone in the Angels bullpen who can close. I thought Bedrosian would control his peanuts and take the job similar to Walden a few yrs back, but he isn't ready mentally and it shows. But that team has got to make a switch....right?

Edited by Milk Me, 19 June 2014 - 02:49 PM.

Please be advised every single attack will be reported from here on, and I'll post whatever I damn please within the TOS even if it makes your eyes bleed.

Too long? Bite it.

#15 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostPPolanco, on 19 June 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

View PostPPolanco, on 19 June 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

I did it btw. I put some info in his thread. Not on the same level as my previous mancrushes Floyd and Arrieta (I'll consider McCarthy a swing-and-miss atm :( ) but worth a snag to catch some lightning.

After tomorrow's start (home vs Seattle) he's a 2-starter for next week (@SF, vs ARI). Decent

CORRECTION: Hahn only has the one start @SF next week. It's the following week he will be a 2-starter (vs Cinci, vs SF).

#16 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Interests:Bein' Ada Allin!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

HERE'S MY TOUT FOR THE DAY: KYLE KENDRICK LOL
el fin
Please be advised every single attack will be reported from here on, and I'll post whatever I damn please within the TOS even if it makes your eyes bleed.

Too long? Bite it.

#17 Dr.Funktopus

Dr.Funktopus

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

Roling out Chris Young (SP) Tomorrow? Against the dreaded KC...

I gotta take the chance...
I Be On My Suit & TY
12 Team Auction Keeper League - 0.5 per Reception:

QB: Peyton Manning

RBs: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy
WRs: Demaryius Thomas (K), Keenan Allen, T.Y. Hilton (K)
TE: Vernon Davis
Flex: Kendall Wright
K: Blair Walsh
Def: St. Louis Rams
Bench: Jordan Reed, Riley Cooper, Steven Jackson
Michael Crabtree, DeAngelo Williams, Jordan Todman

#18 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostDr.Funktopus, on 20 June 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Roling out Chris Young (SP) Tomorrow? Against the dreaded KC...

I gotta take the chance...

No you don't... Do.not.like

#19 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

I know spot-starting is generally only for pitchers but once the Rockies lineup comes out , I am taking any batter that is unowned for today

#20 PPolanco

PPolanco

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:03 AM

View Postphatrat, on 20 June 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Streamers for today's games?

There are no good ones today unless Alvarez is somehow unowned in your league. Just using the transaction on Rockies batters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users