115 replies to this topic

#101 TheOneAboveAll

TheOneAboveAll

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

if i drafted him with harden in a h2h, do you think it would alleviate the ft% situation enough? or would i need to continue improving my ft%? harden or kd's free throw volume should help, right?

regardless, i'm absolutely loving what i'm seeing... and the fact that the logjam in the pf position is only between smoove and moose makes me even happier.

I'm looking at the z-scores of the elite ft% starting from Harden down and even if you add up their (players you can realistically draft in sequence) numbers, you're still looking a mediocre at best overall ft% of your team. It's gonna be tough. Drummond's projected to shoot more free throws this season so that adds more weight to the ft%-anchor.

From my experience with drafting ft% killers like Shaq in his prime and Dwight. You can't balance it out. Then again Shaq and Dwight shot north of 7, 8 in their prime. Tough call because Drummond's #'s are enticing but the numbers say you won't be successful in trying to balance it out.

Owning a guy who can put up 20/20 any given night is exciting though. Nothing like seeing a #BarbaraWaltersAlert on your twitter feed every week.
  • Code of Hammurabi likes this

#102 sirromey

sirromey

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

I just acquired Drummond in a trade for Bosh on my punt FT% team.  Super excited to see what Andre can produce this year! 

10 team 9 cat

Guards: M. Ellis, J. Holiday, Redick, Beal, Alec Burks

Forwards: L.James, K. Leonard, Terrence Jones, Alphabet

Centers: Drummond, D.Howard, Gortat, G. Monroe

#103 czscoop

czscoop

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:22 AM

if i drafted him with harden in a h2h, do you think it would alleviate the ft% situation enough? or would i need to continue improving my ft%? harden or kd's free throw volume should help, right?

regardless, i'm absolutely loving what i'm seeing... and the fact that the logjam in the pf position is only between smoove and moose makes me even happier.

I'm looking at the z-scores of the elite ft% starting from Harden down and even if you add up their (players you can realistically draft in sequence) numbers, you're still looking a mediocre at best overall ft% of your team. It's gonna be tough. Drummond's projected to shoot more free throws this season so that adds more weight to the ft%-anchor.

From my experience with drafting ft% killers like Shaq in his prime and Dwight. You can't balance it out. Then again Shaq and Dwight shot north of 7, 8 in their prime. Tough call because Drummond's #'s are enticing but the numbers say you won't be successful in trying to balance it out.

Owning a guy who can put up 20/20 any given night is exciting though. Nothing like seeing a #BarbaraWaltersAlert on your twitter feed every week.

How would a team of Harden, Drummond, DeRozan filled in with average to good FT shooters fare?

#104 thrilla1nManila

thrilla1nManila

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:27 AM

How would a team of Harden, Drummond, DeRozan filled in with average to good FT shooters fare?

As of right now it is hard to determine Drummond's number of FTAs.This season his usage will increase and therefore his trips to line would alao increse.
Standard 9-cat, 10-team, h2h (Punt ft%)
PG-Kyle Lowry, Ty Lawson, Jose Calderon
SG-Stephen Curry, Kobe Bryant, Bradley Beal (injured)
SF-Kyle Korver, Jimmy Butler
PF-Derrick Favors, Andre Drummond, Al Jefferson
C-DeAndre Jordan, Jonas Valanciunas

#105 Goon

Goon

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

And don't forget the occasional hack-a-Drummond if he continues to shot that bad. One such occurance per week and you can have 2 Durants and you're still toast.

#106 Grimlock

Grimlock

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

curious - where would u guys take him in a points league with no FT or FG % ?

#107 Auction>Snake

Auction>Snake

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:20 AM

#1. Not even joking.

#108 boytoy

boytoy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

Ill still get the usual top6 over him. His ft is weak, but when you remove fg also, his value still goes down. Maybe end of first round.

G -- chris paul, ty lawson, darren collison
-- eric bledsoe, demar derozan, kevmartin, stauskas

F -- wes matthews, jimmy butler, tobias harris, demarr carroll
-- al horford, thad young

C -- marc gasol, nikola pekovic, omer asik

#109 KnicksSeasonTix23

KnicksSeasonTix23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

I may draft Dwight and Drummond in my 8 cat league at the wrap around and build a FT punt team. That is one hell of a building block imo for a dominating team.

I am he who is called I am.

#110 subliminal

subliminal

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

I may draft Dwight and Drummond in my 8 cat league at the wrap around and build a FT punt team. That is one hell of a building block imo for a dominating team.

Only if you can get a guy that can get you elite 3s and assists, otherwise you are screwed.

• aaa1 likes this

#111 KnicksSeasonTix23

KnicksSeasonTix23

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:41 AM

I wont end up doing it, just something I was pondering. I like to establish a base in the first 2 rounds so I can draft based on value and not purely need.

I am he who is called I am.

#112 Ra-Sewn

Ra-Sewn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Seriously considering him with the #1 overall pick.  My league does not play with FG% and FT%

• Bugs bunny likes this
12 Team 1 PPR Yahoo League (7-5)

QB's = T. Brady & C. Kaepernick
RB's = A. Peterson, A. Brown, L. Bell, C.J. Spiller & C. Ogbonnaya
WR's = A. Green, J. Gordon, C. Shorts & D. Amendola
TE's = R. Gronkowski & J. Thomas
K = N. Novak & A. Vinatieri
DEF = Oakland & Dallas

12 Standard League ESPN (7-5)

QB's = E. Manning & M. Glennon
RB's = L. McCoy, S. Vereen, L. Bell & L. Miller
WR's = D. Bryant, L. Fitzgerald, J. Gordon & S. Holmes
TE's = R. Gronkowski, H. Miller
Kick = N. Novak & D. Akers
Def = Denver & Cleveland

#113 thrilla1nManila

thrilla1nManila

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Seriously considering him with the #1 overall pick.  My league does not play with FG% and FT%

but fg% is one of his strengths..
Standard 9-cat, 10-team, h2h (Punt ft%)
PG-Kyle Lowry, Ty Lawson, Jose Calderon
SG-Stephen Curry, Kobe Bryant, Bradley Beal (injured)
SF-Kyle Korver, Jimmy Butler
PF-Derrick Favors, Andre Drummond, Al Jefferson
C-DeAndre Jordan, Jonas Valanciunas

#114 Ra-Sewn

Ra-Sewn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:45 PM

I know, but I just envisioned building my squad around him, but it's too hard to justify him at #1.  More than likely I'm going with Davis, but if I had the 3rd pick and both Davis and James where gone, he would be my 3rd overall pick without question.  Especially with so little depth at Center. 

• Bugs bunny likes this
12 Team 1 PPR Yahoo League (7-5)

QB's = T. Brady & C. Kaepernick
RB's = A. Peterson, A. Brown, L. Bell, C.J. Spiller & C. Ogbonnaya
WR's = A. Green, J. Gordon, C. Shorts & D. Amendola
TE's = R. Gronkowski & J. Thomas
K = N. Novak & A. Vinatieri
DEF = Oakland & Dallas

12 Standard League ESPN (7-5)

QB's = E. Manning & M. Glennon
RB's = L. McCoy, S. Vereen, L. Bell & L. Miller
WR's = D. Bryant, L. Fitzgerald, J. Gordon & S. Holmes
TE's = R. Gronkowski, H. Miller
Kick = N. Novak & D. Akers
Def = Denver & Cleveland

#115 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted Today, 04:57 PM

Top 5 lock
  • screaming_vultures likes this
The Uncanny X-MEN

QB: Wilson
RB: Charles, Tate, Davis, Crowell
WR: Gordon, Brown, Green, Harvin, Beckham
TE: Rees
DEF: Bills
K: Parkey

"There's no strings on me"

#116 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,803 posts

Posted Today, 06:50 PM

IMO Drummond is a virtual DND in most roto formats but if you're punting properly he can legitimately be one of the two or three best values in the league.

With Drummond we have the rare occurrence of owners formulating their first round strategies around who would pair well with their prospective second round pick, when it's usually the other way around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users