28 replies to this topic

#1 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

This is my most important and most costly league. I have Peyton Manning so Manziel was never going to see the field much but I failed to look at bye weeks and they have the same one. Id list my other players but I simply wouldn't cut any of them anyways. I thought Manziel could be nice trade bait if he has a big game, but the only decent QB left would be Sam Bradford and I need to act soon.    THANKS FOR THE INPUT

#2 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Don't answer, it's probably just a test!

View Postpittkidd, on 22 June 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

This is all just research for an article I am writing, this has nothing to do with fantasy football or <Johnny Manziel>.

Edited by FFCollusion, 03 July 2014 - 06:18 PM.

I do it for the likes...

#3 Hawkeye21

Hawkeye21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

The NFL should cut Manziel.  The boy is a waste of sperm.

#4 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostHawkeye21, on 03 July 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye21, on 03 July 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

yeah he may not even start and i think i got week 4 bye so I think I may have to.

#5 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

This question doesn't belong here, it should be in AC forum. But I have a question for you. Why did you draft 2 months early?

#6 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

View Postowenmills, on 03 July 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

This question doesn't belong here, it should be in AC forum. But I have a question for you. Why did you draft 2 months early?

Better question, why do guys who pay $1,500 buy ins, not take note of bye weeks...
I do it for the likes...

#7 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

This is where to go when you need to ask for help:

http://forums.rotowo...hp?showforum=26

#8 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostFFCollusion, on 03 July 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Better question, why do guys who pay $1,500 buy ins, not take note of bye weeks...
  I also have a question? why are you stalking me?

#9 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

View Postpittkidd, on 03 July 2014 - 09:28 PM, said:

View PostFrom 03 July 2014 - 07:04 PM:

anyways i draft best player available and dont care about bye weeks, I mean c,mon dude everyone knows that . If you draft players based on bye weeks your going to be in for a long season

#10 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

If you make a post in the Fantasy Football section.  I'm going to see it.  I'm somewhat OCD, so if there's a 'grey' thread, I read it, and there's not really a way around it.  So, if I'm stalking you, I'm stalking every single member on this board.

View Postpittkidd, on 03 July 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

anyways i draft best player available and dont care about bye weeks, I mean c,mon dude everyone knows that . If you draft players based on bye weeks your going to be in for a long season

It's a QB.  When drafting a backup QB you literally have one task at hand.  You failed that task.

More importantly, now you're asking a public forum, whether you should take a zero from your QB in week 4, for the off chance that Manziel not only becomes the starter at some point this season, but that he also does so in a fashion that would be worthy of trade bait, which is essentially impossible, outside of a 14+ team league.

It's just an odd position and question from someone who plays in high stakes leagues.
Perhaps I'm just giving you too much credit, when I assume that people who put $1,500 on the line, know more about football than the average guy in free leagues.  My bad.

Edited by FFCollusion, 03 July 2014 - 10:05 PM.

I do it for the likes...

#11 jiggareed

jiggareed

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

I say you for sure keep Manziel for trade bait.  All it is going to take is for him to have a 30 yard rushing TD, or a just a couple of promising games, and someone with a stacked team will be all over it.  Trade him for a draft pick and grad Bradford, or trade him for a nice back up.
If he sucks and you can't get anything in trade, drop him. No one will want him anyways, and grab best available.  
And to all the haters who crap on people who play big money fantasy, who are human.  They just have more money than you , so quit hating broke asses.

#12 Hawkeye21

Hawkeye21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

I have no issues with playing big money leagues, I just hate Manziel.

#13 jiggareed

jiggareed

Single-A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

LOL I agree.  I did snag him hoping for trade bait after one big game.  I guess the big money comment was toward FFCollusion

#14 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Postjiggareed, on 04 July 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

I say you for sure keep Manziel for trade bait.  All it is going to take is for him to have a 30 yard rushing TD, or a just a couple of promising games, and someone with a stacked team will be all over it.  Trade him for a draft pick and grad Bradford, or trade him for a nice back up.
If he sucks and you can't get anything in trade, drop him. No one will want him anyways, and grab best available.  
And to all the haters who crap on people who play big money fantasy, who are human.  They just have more money than you , so quit hating broke asses.

And you think this is all going to happen in the first 3 weeks of the year? :huh:

I have no issue with big money leagues, I just find it laughable, that people who know so little about the game, wager so much.
I do it for the likes...

#15 SenatorSpaceman

SenatorSpaceman

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostFFCollusion, on 04 July 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

I have no issue with big money leagues, I just find it laughable, that people who know so little about the game, wager so much.

Idk...I kind of get it. I threw a couple hundred at both of the World Cup matches today and I'm totally clueless about soccer/futbol.

However, I'm not on soccer message boards starting threads about how much money I bet on soccer or how I write for soccer magazines.

#16 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,301 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:57 AM

I mean I'd have to know who's on waivers.  I'd probably keep Manziel to see what he does in week 1. Not saying he's Cam Newton, but Cam wasn't drafted in standard leagues as anything more than a flyer and was a top 2 or 3 QB that year.

I personally don't think Peyton lasts a full season due to injuries so I'd invest in an upside backup unless there's just something really appetizing on the wire.
-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

Football 2012: Rotoworld Championship League Group A: CHAMPION!!!!!
Football 2013: Rotoworld Championship League Group A: Most Points, missed playoffs.

#17 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Don't do it bro
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#18 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

And you think this is all going to happen in the first 3 weeks of the year? :huh:

Whats a free league?

#19 predator_05

predator_05

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Don't do it bro
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#20 pittkidd

pittkidd

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostFFCollusion, on 03 July 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

If you make a post in the Fantasy Football section.  I'm going to see it.  I'm somewhat OCD, so if there's a 'grey' thread, I read it, and there's not really a way around it.  So, if I'm stalking you, I'm stalking every single member on this board.

View Postpittkidd, on 03 July 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

It's a QB.  When drafting a backup QB you literally have one task at hand.  You failed that task.

More importantly, now you're asking a public forum, whether you should take a zero from your QB in week 4, for the off chance that Manziel not only becomes the starter at some point this season, but that he also does so in a fashion that would be worthy of trade bait, which is essentially impossible, outside of a 14+ team league.

It's just an odd position and question from someone who plays in high stakes leagues.
Perhaps I'm just giving you too much credit, when I assume that people who put $1,500 on the line, know more about football than the average guy in free leagues.  My bad.
whats a free league?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users