26 replies to this topic

#1 GJDHouse

GJDHouse

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

Signs with the Clippers. Interesting place to land. Two big man that demand minutes in front of him. However he didn't sign because of the money. He could have received similar contracts elsewhere.

Got to think he is in line for minutes. 96 minutes per game at PF and C. 3 guys...still seems like he has a good opportunity.

Rotoworld says he is not draftable. Seems like a pretty short sighted opinion considering his productivity the last two years. I foresee a lot of pick and pop opportunities in that offense.

Edited by GJDHouse, 05 July 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#2 El_Chingon

El_Chingon

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

I love this signing, perfect fit mutual fit for Hawes and LAC. He will get @ 30 minutes as a stretch PF/C, perfect complement to Deandre and Blake.

#3 kimoti

kimoti

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

Signs with the Clippers. Interesting place to land. Two big man that demand minutes in front of him. However he didn't sign because of the money. He could have received similar contracts elsewhere.

Got to think he is in line for minutes. 96 minutes per game at PF and C. 3 guys...still seems like he has a good opportunity.

Rotoworld says he is not draftable. Seems like a pretty short sighted opinion considering his productivity the last two years. I foresee a lot of pick and pop opportunities in that offense.

85% of rotoworld's predictions are huge fails, so nothing new
  • Code of Hammurabi likes this

#4 hailfire4

hailfire4

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,400 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

I love Hawes a lot this year. DJordan can't hit Fts so hawes should play a lot late in games. So give Griff 36 minutes DJ 30 and that leaves 28 for Hawes a nice hunk for a 4 year 23 million dollar contract. I see a top 80 starting position in the postseason rankings with little downside.
12 team NBA Dynasty ROTO 9 cat keep 8 up to 14 keepers*
G Rondo*, COnley*, CP3*, Beverly, Gerald Green George Hll
F Kawhi*, Giannis*, Jeremy Lamb, Jeff Green, Farried*
C Love*, Noah*, Blake Griffin*

MLB 12 team Roto 6X6 Holds + OPS. 1500 IP max, 12-16 keepers 100 bux
C- Santana, 1B TFrazier, MI, Odor, SS, AlexeiRam 3B, NCastellanos CI Headley, 2B Matt Carp
CF Harper, RF Bautista, LF Avisail, OF Trumbo , Util, Gyorko, Wong

SP Geritt Cole, Klubler, Hamels, Liriano, Porcello
RP Casilla, Cishek, Petricka, Bettances, Jake McGee, amiller
BN Betts, Craig DL Myers DL RZimmerman, NA Addison Russell

#5 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,765 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

I dont like Hawes nearly as much as I did heading into last year. I dont see Jordan getting any less than the 34 mins he played last year. He will be motivated as next year is a contract season and should be primed to possibly even improve on last years numbers.For all the talk about the depth of the frontcourt in LAC land, both Blake G and Jordan played reasonable NBA starter mins (35 & 34 respectively). They surely werent run into the ground like Bulls players in recent seasons. I just dont see them playing any less mins in a stacked western conference where games are competitive just about every night. I think Hawes plays 24-26 mins which probably isnt enough to make him truly fantasy relevant. I see 10ppg-6rpg- with close to a block. His efficiency will be improved, but that still isnt enough to get me excited. Of course his value would go through the roof with a DJ or Blake injury........
  • s-kayos likes this
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#6 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,765 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

So much for hawes wanting to go back home and all that crap. I'd much rather have gone to Portland. I see stealing time from Robin Lopez a lot easier than from Deandre.

The Trail Blazers reportedly offered Spencer Hawes the same exact contract (length and terms) he received from the LA Clippers.

It appears Hawes would prefer the spotlight of LA, to a smaller market in Portland. Hawes will serve as a backup in LA, and a repeat of last years statistical performance cannot be expected while playing under DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#7 s-kayos

s-kayos

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Interests:NBA basketball

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

I dont like Hawes nearly as much as I did heading into last year. I dont see Jordan getting any less than the 34 mins he played last year. He will be motivated as next year is a contract season and should be primed to possibly even improve on last years numbers.For all the talk about the depth of the frontcourt in LAC land, both Blake G and Jordan played reasonable NBA starter mins (35 & 34 respectively). They surely werent run into the ground like Bulls players in recent seasons. I just dont see them playing any less mins in a stacked western conference where games are competitive just about every night. I think Hawes plays 24-26 mins which probably isnt enough to make him truly fantasy relevant. I see 10ppg-6rpg- with close to a block. His efficiency will be improved, but that still isnt enough to get me excited. Of course his value would go through the roof with a DJ or Blake injury........

I'm agreeing with this.
DeAndre Jordan is only 25, and has had a career of great durability as far as big men go. 3 consecutive seasons of 0 games missed and 82 out of 82 games started.

Don't see why they would backtrack and offer DJ much less minutes than the 35 he got last season when he set league-wide marks in FG%, rebounding, and was tops as a post defender and improved his blocks tremendously, maybe they bring him down from 35 to 34 or 33..but I don't see much less.

And I don't really see Hawes as highly desirable if he's only getting ~24 or 25 mins, maybe I'm wrong.
  • Code of Hammurabi likes this
TYBG - Thank You BrowGod

My 2013-2014 Rookie Season of FBB:
10 ESPN Leagues, 1 Yahoo League (Private)
7 Championships, 1 Runner-Up

#8 brockpapersizer

brockpapersizer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yeah this thread should not be active until DJ/Griffin get hurt, he's going to be a non factor in fantasy this year outside of really deep leagues. Huge signing for the Clippers though. This will give them a lot of flexibility as well as not turning their team to cr@p every time one of their bigs has to go out in favor of Ryan Hollins.
FREE JOSH GORDON......THREAD

-Buy high, sell low, keep em guessing.

#9 zass17

zass17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

from last year's sleeper to this year's non factor, what a swing.
  • Code of Hammurabi and aaa1 like this
9-cats, H2H, PG/SG/SF/PF/C/U*2/BN*4
16 teams, 11 players per,

G - Bledsoe, Lawson, Collison, C Lee
F - Kawhi, Parsons, C Butler, Dunleavy, Booker

C - Sullinger, Pekovic,

#10 Sanjo16

Sanjo16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:58 AM

Why do some are still high on him this coming season? I saw him in the 6th/7th round in mock drafts. Is he worth owning in standard leagues while backing up DJ and Griffin?
14Team H2H 9CAT

PG- Deron Williams,Trey Burke
SG- Bradley Beal, Monta Ellis, Avery Bradley
SF- Kevin Durant, Danilo Gallinari, Wesley Johnson
PF- Pau Gasol, Mason Plumlee
C- Joakim Noah, Nerlens Noel, Andrew Bogut

#11 aaa1

aaa1

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

Why do some are still high on him this coming season? I saw him in the 6th/7th round in mock drafts. Is he worth owning in standard leagues while backing up DJ and Griffin?

No one is high on him. If you saw him that high in a mock it is likely outdated. He's a fantasy afterthought in a crowded frontcourt.

Edited by aaa1, 05 August 2014 - 02:05 AM.

10 team H2H (PTS, 3s, FG%, FT%, OREB, DREB, AST, STL, BLK), PG-G-G-F-F-C-UTILx3

#12 s-kayos

s-kayos

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

You're not alone. I'm seeing the same thing but I still remain skeptical.

Backup bigs can put up productive stats (i.e. Taj Gibson @ 29 mpg) but in terms of compete package fantasy value they don't really clock in until the 8th round at the earliest (Brandan Wright), then you get Markieff (9th) and John Henson (10th) and Taj Gibson (11th) in 9-cat.

So even if Hawes will get big minutes (~30), I'm just overly-cautious and I can't target backups that early. Especially with productive guys like Griffin and DeAndre Jordan playing the same position; I can't say that any of those guys mentioned above had that same level of competition from both the PF and C spot.

Edited by s-kayos, 05 August 2014 - 02:24 AM.

TYBG - Thank You BrowGod

#13 Sanjo16

Sanjo16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

No one is high on him. If you saw him that high in a mock it is likely outdated. He's a fantasy afterthought in a crowded frontcourt.

Well, he went in the 7th round in 12team H2H 8cat thread and 6th round in 14team H2H 9cat thread that is why I asked.
  • aaa1 likes this
14Team H2H 9CAT

PG- Deron Williams,Trey Burke
SG- Bradley Beal, Monta Ellis, Avery Bradley
SF- Kevin Durant, Danilo Gallinari, Wesley Johnson
PF- Pau Gasol, Mason Plumlee
C- Joakim Noah, Nerlens Noel, Andrew Bogut

#14 Ajax

Ajax

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

I took him in the 11th round of our Roto mock draft on this site, and that is around the right place to take him this year considering his role as a backup off the bench. He'll get somewhere between 24 to 28mpg, and that should be enough to post around top 100 value.
  • s-kayos likes this
Fantasy basketball junkie!

#15 s-kayos

s-kayos

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Well, he went in the 7th round in 12team H2H 8cat thread and 6th round in 14team H2H 9cat thread that is why I asked.

Well you have to look no further than earlier on in the thread to see people that still believe in him. I'm surprised to see him go that high, but there are definitely believers here
  • aaa1 likes this
TYBG - Thank You BrowGod

#16 RedDogNamedClippers

RedDogNamedClippers

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Football & Nascar

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:29 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I guess this is outdated then already. :(
  • aaa1 likes this
Playoff Predictions 2014-2015 Season:

Western Conference: Eastern Conference:

1. Thunder 1. Bulls
2. Spurs 2. Raptors
3. Clippers 3. Wizards
4. Warriors 4. Heat
5. Trailblazers 5. Cavaliers
6. Mavericks 6. Pacers
7. Rockets 7. Hornets
8. Suns 8. Hawks

#17 Ajax

Ajax

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

Anyone taking him before the 10th round is seriously reaching. My comfort zone would be 11th round.
  • aaa1 likes this

#18 kobedontpass

kobedontpass

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Picking Hawes in the 6th and 7th round like it's 2013-2014... I think you'd be insane to pick him up that early unless you're expecting first two months of last year type production. I for one don't.

Edited by kobedontpass, 05 August 2014 - 03:26 AM.

• aaa1 likes this

#19 aaa1

aaa1

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

My projection for Hawes: 21 mpg, 10 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.1 3pg

With Griffin and Jordan both around 35 mpg last year, there's approximately 26 minutes left between PF and C. Glen Davis played 13 mpg after signing with the clips too. Even if you bump Jordan down to 31 mpg, Griffin to 33 mpg, and put Davis at 10 mpg, that's 22 mpg left for Hawes. That's just not enough time to be relevant in my opinion, and he has to get pretty much all his minutes at C unless he plays alongside Deandre.
  • Ajax and s-kayos like this
10 team H2H (PTS, 3s, FG%, FT%, OREB, DREB, AST, STL, BLK), PG-G-G-F-F-C-UTILx3

#20 Ajax

Ajax

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

There will be plenty of games where the Clippers get a huge lead, and there's extended "garbage time" that will bump up his mpg average. Last year there were quite a lot of those type of games, specially whenever they played vs the Eastern conference teams. My estimate is that he will end averaging over 24mpg.
  • aaa1 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users