20 replies to this topic

#1 adifferentlogik

adifferentlogik

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

This guy is killing it in summer league. Averaging 28 ppg 8 rbs 2 assists 4 stls.

Breakout candidate?

10 team daily | 9 cat | Assist to Turn | Deep (18 man roster)

"You can't move forward looking back"

#2 TheOneAboveAll

TheOneAboveAll

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

Jodie Meeks
  • Code of Hammurabi, aaa1, Mack's Ghost and 1 other like this

#3 Eternal

Eternal

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

This guy is killing it in summer league. Averaging 28 ppg 8 rbs 2 assists 4 stls.

Breakout candidate?

I applaud him for his effort, but he's not going to average anywhere near those numbers during the regular season. And now he has competition with Jodie Meeks in the starting roster.

He played 20 mins per game last season. His per 36 numbers are: 10.7 ppg, 1.3 3pg, 3.5 rpg, 1.7 spg, 0.3 bpg

Two Summer League game performances aren't going to label him as a "breakout candidate." Sure you could classify him as a "breakout" in terms of doing much better than his rookie season, but his rookie season is just plain atrocious, so it's not going to be surprising if he averages 12 points instead of 6. Just look at Bradley Beal's preseason performance last year, and then look at him after that.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it up in the Summer League, I would just prefer to see him get those numbers in the regular season before even giving him an eye on drafting him for my fantasy team.
With the first pick in the 2014 NBA draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers choose Mallory Edens

#4 mbroo5880i

mbroo5880i

'07 It's Madness Champ

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,204 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

Jodie Meeks

Buzz Kill! :lol:
  • TrigPyramid and s-kayos like this

#5 rakmjn1

rakmjn1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Stuckey's as good as gone and if they move Smoove then he can play a little SF no?

#6 zass17

zass17

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Stuckey's as good as gone and if they move Smoove then he can play a little SF no?

I hear nothing about Smoove being moved.
9-cats, H2H, PG/SG/SF/PF/C/U*2/BN*4
16 teams, 11 players per,

G - Bledsoe, Lawson, Collison, C Lee
F - Kawhi, Parsons, C Butler, Dunleavy, Booker

C - Sullinger, Pekovic,

#7 rncnomics

rncnomics

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

him & meeks have almost the same skillset.
he's boarding well, but that's definitely not going to happen with drummond/smith and most likely monroe being there.

KCP is not the most efficient shooter, so that's something else hurting his fantasy appeal.
espn 16 team; 14 rosterable; h2h; daily lineups; 9 cats (TO's), keeper league, 4 keepers

PG : K. Walker
SG: S. Curry
SF: G. Hayward
PF: A. Horford
C: S. Hawes
G: W. Chandler
F: A. Drummond
Util: J. McRoberts
Bench: J. Taylor, A. Burks, 'kieff Morris., J. Anderson, D. Augustin
IR: J. McGee, S. Blake

#8 kimoti

kimoti

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Actually his calling card was a shooter coming out, he struggled driving into the paint mostly and its not surprising to see a rookie hit rock bottom...they get a pass in my eyes unless you're the 1st pick lol. Meeks is made for more of a 6man role ala Jason Terry so I can see KCP starting as not only does he have the height, but Van Gundy has always loved 3pt shooters and KCP is that. Not to mention everyone knows Smith and Monroe can't coexist. I see a breakout coming.

Edited by kimoti, 07 July 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#9 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

I hear nothing about Smoove being moved.

There are some Sacramento rumors because SVG doesn't want him playing the 3. That could just as easily mean Monroe is on the move since he is a RFA and I really can't see the Pistons signing him if they don't move Smith.

#10 StuPitt

StuPitt

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

As a Pistons fan I agree. He is a breakout candidate. Too many Pistons fans are cynical. The Pistons were under too much pressure to win now last season. They could not play him like they wanted...as a rookie.. Also, lots of people out there thinking Joe could do nothing right. That is far from the truth. Joe was forced to gamble last season and it did not work. Josh Smith will most likely play PF or be traded. That leaves some openings. And I disagree with people on this board that assume the SG will be Meeks. Meeks had a better than normal season only because the Lakers had no roster depth. Meeks could be the guy but it is far from a certainity.
12 Team Redraft PPR League (QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, TE, FLEX, K, DEF)
QB Cam Newton, Andy Dalton
RB Alfred Morris, Ahmad Bradshaw, Pierre Thomas, Matt Asiata, Knile Davis, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews
WR AJ Green, Marques Colston, Greg Jennings, Terrence Williams
TE Kyle Rudolph
K Blair Walsh
DEF Houston

#11 StuPitt

StuPitt

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

Why not? Other than Monroe and Smith. Name a PF or SF on the Pistons.

They can always resign Monroe and trade later. Why does the trade have to be now?
RB Alfred Morris, Ahmad Bradshaw, Pierre Thomas, Matt Asiata, Knile Davis, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews
TE Kyle Rudolph
K Blair Walsh
DEF Houston

#12 nickalero99

nickalero99

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Trade could be later, but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to tie that much cap up into one position. Smith is terrible as a SF. Ideally they could trade Smith or sign and trade Monroe for a good SF, but not a whole lot of matches there.

I don't think Meeks blocks Caldwell-Pope if Kentavious can show some growth in his game. He shouldn't have a problem getting 30 MPG and should be able to pick up some of the SF slack. The big problem is without some major growth he's not going to be productive enough to be fantasy relevant. His per game numbers last season were atrocious.

#13 Mack's Ghost

Mack's Ghost

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

As a Pistons fan I agree. He is a breakout candidate. Too many Pistons fans are cynical. The Pistons were under too much pressure to win now last season. They could not play him like they wanted...as a rookie.. Also, lots of people out there thinking Joe could do nothing right. That is far from the truth. Joe was forced to gamble last season and it did not work. Josh Smith will most likely play PF or be traded. That leaves some openings. And I disagree with people on this board that assume the SG will be Meeks. Meeks had a better than normal season only because the Lakers had no roster depth. Meeks could be the guy but it is far from a certainity.

Dude was a first round top ten pick who had all the opportunity to succeed and fell flat on his face. Not to turn this into a Pistons fans thread, but it is crazy how KCP gets a free pass from fans after shooting 31% from 3 but Smith gets run out of town for shooting 26%. Both are awful numbers and KCP needs more then 2 summer league games to prove he can be a reliable contributor. Pistons don't have roster depth at SG or SF either. If KCP fulfilled his potential year 1, SVG would have no need to rush out to sign Meeks and Martin.
Team 1 - 10 Team NonSnake Yardage Bonus/Return Yardage
QB - Eli Manning/ Russell WIlson
WR - Jordy Nelson, Steve Smith (CAR), Danny Amendola/ Leonard Hankerson, Andrew Hawkins
RB - DeAngolo WIlliams, Darren Sproles/ Jacquizz Rodgers, Daryl RIchardson, Chris Johnson,
TE - Rob Gronkowski Dennis Pitta.
Flex - Martellus Bennett
K -Greg Zuerlein, Justin Tucker
DEF - Miami

Team 2 12 Team Snake Yardage bonus
QB- Cam Newton/ Josh Freeman
WR -Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt, Brandon LaFell
RB - Adrian Peterson, Darren Sproles/ Fred Jackson,Toby Gerhart, Kevin Smith, Andre Brown
TE- Martellus Bennett/
Flex - Dennis Pitta
K - Greg Zuerlein
DEF - Houston
IDP - D'Qwell Jackson

#14 s-kayos

s-kayos

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:NBA basketball

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

They can always resign Monroe and trade later. Why does the trade have to be now?

You must think I can't google <_<
Kyle Singler (SF/SG)
Jonas Jerebko (PF/SF) (64 gp)
Luigi Datome (SF/PF) (34 gp)
Tony Mitchell (PF/SF) (21 gp)
Josh Harrellson (C/PF) (32 gp)
Charlie Villanueva (PF) (20 gp)

Obviously rotational and bench warmers combined, but all accounted for, if they all played, they'd combine for 75 minutes per game.

I think your point was though that there aren't PFs/SFs as good as Monroe or Josh Smith, in which case I would argue that their record can't get much worse if they keep those guys than if they dealt them.

Second worst in their conference ahead of the Bucks and bottom 5 of the East, ahead of only Boston, Orlando, Philly, and Bucks - all of which are rebuilding.

Pistons should take the hint.
TYBG - Thank You BrowGod

My 2013-2014 Rookie Season of FBB:
10 ESPN Leagues, 1 Yahoo League (Private)
7 Championships, 1 Runner-Up

#15 StuPitt

StuPitt

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Kyle Singler (SF/SG)

Obviously rotational and bench warmers combined, but all accounted for, if they all played, they'd combine for 75 minutes per game.

I think your point was though that there aren't PFs/SFs as good as Monroe or Josh Smith, in which case I would argue that their record can't get much worse if they keep those guys than if they dealt them.

Second worst in their conference ahead of the Bucks and bottom 5 of the East, ahead of only Boston, Orlando, Philly, and Bucks - all of which are rebuilding.

None of those guys are PFs or Sgs wit the exception of Villenueva and he is a free agent they are not bringing back. Harrelson too, but he don't count. Those guys are SFs. What I am saying is the Pistons need PFs and Centers. Resigning Monroe and moving Josh SMith to PF still is a possiblity. They could still make a trade at a later date, but if you trade Monroe for a SF you have no one at all on the bench to back up SMith and Drummond.

As for Pope, not saying he gets a free pass but it was his first year in the league. Things were very unstable, the Pistons team was a disaster. If I am SVG I give KCP a do over. I would not role that guy out after his rookie season. And Jodie Meeks folks is not an allstar. Most likely he just takes over Rodney Stuckey's minute.....if KCP doesn't get some also. Meeks is a journey man. What is KCP? I am sorry, maybe you are ready to call him a bust after that messed Pistons season (his first in the league) I am not. It amaes me how all these Pistons fans wine about them not taking Trey Burke, but he was just as big of a disaster as KCP. I personally think KCP has a better chance has he has an NBA body.

Edited by StuPitt, 07 July 2014 - 02:47 PM.

TE Kyle Rudolph
K Blair Walsh
DEF Houston

#16 s-kayos

s-kayos

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:NBA basketball

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Kyle Singler (SF/SG)

None of those guys are PFs or Sgs wit the exception of Villenueva and he is a free agent they are not bringing back. Harrelson too, but he don't count. Those guys are SFs. What I am saying is the Pistons need PFs and Centers. Resigning Monroe and moving Josh SMith to PF still is a possiblity. They could still make a trade at a later date, but if you trade Monroe for a SF you have no one at all on the bench to back up SMith and Drummond.

Who said anything about SGs?

Jerebko is a 6'10'' floor-spacing PF. He's listed as a PF on the depth charts as well as the official roster: http://espn.go.com/n...detroit-pistons

Tony Mitchell is a 6'9'' PF, and is also listed as a PF on the depth charts as well as the official roster.

As mentioned, Harrellson is as well. I don't see how he doesn't count. He is also listed as a PF on the official roster.

And for the money that they would re-sign Greg Monroe for, why would they have him on the bench? Re-signing Monroe and moving him to the bench does not make sense.

http://www.cbssports...for-greg-monroe

Reportedly, Monroe's agent can get him a max offer sheet somewhere out there (or something close to one). Having a max-contract on the books in a bench role is a terrible idea.

Warranted, it's still possible that they keep Monroe, but moving him to the bench is borderline nonsensical.
TYBG - Thank You BrowGod

My 2013-2014 Rookie Season of FBB:
10 ESPN Leagues, 1 Yahoo League (Private)
7 Championships, 1 Runner-Up

#17 adifferentlogik

adifferentlogik

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

I'm thinking the key to his value is stocks. If we make the critical assumption that he does start and recieved 30+ mpg, I think the key to his value lies in his steals (along with low TOs and 3's). If he can average 2+ per game, I think he is good to go. Just as Milsap, and Khawi, he has the potential to be semi-dominate in steals in my opinion. Just as with blocks, a person who obtains a good number of steals per game generally tends to have a high fantasy ranking. Now yes his FG % sucks, but if he were to improve it some we may have something going.

Just from a pure upside perspective, KCP seems to have a lot from a fantasy perspective.

On the flipside his per 36 numbers place him at a ranking of 191. So he has ALOT of growing to do.

Posted Image

Disclaimer: I understand that Milsap, and Kwhawi may not have been a great comparison due to the fact that they are elite in many other categories as well. Not saying KCP will be Top 25. Just saying he has the potential to make the top-100 if he averaged over 2 steals per game and cleaned up his shooting some.

Edited by adifferentlogik, 07 July 2014 - 04:36 PM.

• bobbyhurley likes this

10 team daily | 9 cat | Assist to Turn | Deep (18 man roster)

"You can't move forward looking back"

#18 bobbyhurley

bobbyhurley

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

KCP breaking the top 100 is doable.

It's easy to look at his rookie year and think "meh", but he had some really good weeks rankings wise when given the minutes late season. I don't have the numbers in front of me but there was a great stretch when they had some guys out of the rotation with injuries etc.

You hear a lot about his potential to become a great defender. This is always one of the most promising things to hear for a fantasy prospect, because it makes them coach favourites. Those steals numbers, plus treys and ok shooting numbers could make him very ownable, even if he's not a full time starter. Stan Van Gundy has his new version of D12 - his perimeter guys will get a lot of shots up eh.

Plus guys in limited minutes often shoot a lot worse than their ability would suggest. I wouldn't read too much into his season numbers. Once he got the minutes he found much more rhythm.

#19 RedDogNamedClippers

RedDogNamedClippers

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Football & Nascar

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

It will be...

Jennings
Meeks
Singler
Smith
Drummond.

KCP is not starter material yet.
Playoff Predictions 2014-2015 Season:

Western Conference: Eastern Conference:

1. Thunder 1. Bulls
2. Spurs 2. Raptors
3. Clippers 3. Wizards
4. Warriors 4. Heat
5. Trailblazers 5. Cavaliers
6. Mavericks 6. Pacers
7. Rockets 7. Hornets
8. Suns 8. Hawks

#20 aaa1

aaa1

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

I think the key to his value lies in his steals (along with low TOs and 3's). If he can average 2+ per game, I think he is good to go.
...Just saying he has the potential to make the top-100 if he averaged over 2 steals per game and cleaned up his shooting some.

Only 3 players in the nba averaged 2+ spg last year. I will bet my first born child that he won't steal the ball like Paul, Rubio and Thad, so your whole argument about the steals buoying his value falls apart. If he needs 2 spg to crack the top 100, he's not gonna crack the top 100 and that's more of a statement on how weak the rest of his line is.

He has no value in 10 team leagues. As TheOneAboveAll so eloquently put it: Jodie Meeks.

Edited by aaa1, 10 July 2014 - 02:12 AM.

• s-kayos likes this
10 team H2H (PTS, 3s, FG%, FT%, OREB, DREB, AST, STL, BLK), PG-G-G-F-F-C-UTILx3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users