26 replies to this topic

#1 The Harsh

The Harsh

I like .webms.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

A reminder for all on how it works - a weekly thread will be posted and pinned, for all of you who need to *already* find replacements (DOH). Each week, the old thread will be de-pinned, and a new thread (Week 2, Week 3, etc.) to keep the touts current, given how the guys that are likely to be found on the WW changes from week to week and given the popularity of weekly H2H matchups.

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever
Are the Rotoworld forums lagging for you? Please report the issue here: http://www.rotoworld.com/about/help.aspx. It's the best way to force a change!

#2 jumper

jumper

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Maybe a bit early, but SP Josh Beckett seems worthwhile. He might have been dropped after a disappointing performance the game before last and only going 5IP (albeit shutout ones) yesterday @ Coors. But he faces the pathetic Padres at home later this week which is a pretty sweet matchup.

#3 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:balls of all kinds. footballs; soccer balls; footie balls. etc

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:13 PM

A few quick, small ones...

TEX CL Joakim Soria could appeal to teams either as a set-up man at the deadline, or potential CL. In this instance, now that he is finally on the big league roster and supposedly healthy in addition to (again, supposedly) having velocity back, Neftali Feliz is a nice guy to watch (3% ownership on Yahoo!) for late season SV chances, since he really was the CL of the future 'til the injuries set in back when they were contending for titles, and had that window for 2-3 seasons.... I highly doubt he ever is a SP again, but if he can re-harness the stuff that made him nasty in the 9th for two years as their CL, I think he probably has the most upside and is the guy they would *want* to succeed. There's also a chance Soria is hurt, as his use has been odd lately and this isn't something I'm tossing up- I have read speculation from others on the subject (of Soria hiding injury/pitching through something). Anyway, with him pitching well and back up it's not a bad time to try to add him IMO.

Another nice DL stash, believe it or not (along with Dillon Gee- also to start WED if all goes accordingly) is Bud Norris, off the DL Wed as well as I said. He was 5-1 in his last 6 starts, and even if 3 of those were pretty bad, the other 3 were all very solid, his last being another good one before he got hurt (though I believe he still got the W and went about 5.1IP, otherwise pitching well before injury)..... could see who pitches good, if either- but both are out there a plenty and were going good before they went down. Norris I believe is available in more leagues than Gee by about 20% w/ Gee closer to 30% last I'd checked...Norris is more around 8-9% or even less.

Also- as mentioned in his own thread, Hellickson is an OK DL-stash, but I don't think he will even be close to 100% or anything near it 'til next season at least..... use at risk once he is back.
--

This isn't so much a "stash" but just a SP who is vastly under-owned in reflection to his previous 3 starts (and solid OVR numbers), and even in deeper leagues, 14 teams or whatever, he might be out there if you play Yahoo! based on the own %... and I would grab him and at least stash and use him in his next start (and beyond, if he keeps it up).
My #1 tout for now: SP Edinson Volquez, PIT (9% owned, +1% Last Day)
We all know the story here. He'll always be a wildcard, any time he takes the mound. But his past few starts are hard to ignore. Over his last 3, he has gone 8IP/1ER for the W, 6IP/0R for the W, and then 7.0IP/1ER over his last time out for another W, giving him a total of 2 ER over his lst 21IP and 3 victories to go with it. He gets STL- @STL, so it's not the best match-up. But he has had some nice success and sustained it lately. His numbers (or other numbers) over that 3-start span (21IP): 7 total walks, 13 strike outs, 17 hits allowed.... He still seems to not be limiting the runners too well, so the fear of HR is always there.

(I should also note, prior to being blown-up, he had gone 7 scoreless 5 starts prior- but somewhere in between, which is the risk with this guy... he got absolutely rocked. Since then he has been great, but it's always a matter of wen will the wheels just fall off for a game or 3 with him that's so frustrating when guessing when to use/stream him.... now is a good time if ever I guess.)

Edited by Milk Me, 07 July 2014 - 12:19 PM.

recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#4 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Also worth noting is that even though his overall numbers are still quite poor, Nate Schierholz has been swinging the bat a little better, and has most of his bigger knocks, RBI & home runs over his past 5-10 games or something it feels like. (Up to 31 RBI on the year, but that's more a product of where he is placed in the batting order probably, not knowing off-hand exactly where he usually slots in.)

As for Cubs players I would recommend for the double-header, especially if wind is blowing out.... Wellington Castillo is cheap pop at C and could go yard at any given time.... Mike Olt seems to always go yard at least once on these big double dips or in high-scoring HR fests. Really, outside of Rizzo there is no "sure thing" but those named (besides Castro) are about the closest to cheap options who could boon instead of bust... just know they're just as capable of busting, too. Valbueno has pop when the wind is blowing out (i believe back when he was with the Indians and they were visiting Wrigley, he had a 3 HR game vs. the Cubs @ Wrigley w/ the wind blowing out when he was 24 and sort of a non-factor or prospect.... So I guess my point is if the wind is blowing out, Travis Wood (if pitching) is as likely as anyone perhaps.

The Reds lineup might be more interesting to poach from depending on who they use over both games.... I dunno.
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#5 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Oh yeah..... don't look now, but OF/1B wonder-boy from the beginning of the year, Chris Colabello is hitting really well since he was recently recalled, with a small sample size albeit a pretty nice one (we all remember how he started the year yea?): 2 HR, 2 doubles, 2 R, & 4 RBI in 3 games since being recalled. Small size, like i said, but given the way he shot out the gates earlier this year it's not something I'm dismissing as a total fluke yet. He's back up and scorching again- just like the beginning of the season. It's weird, but who knows, maybe there is some weird mental thing to it- who knows....
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#6 Dogstar21

Dogstar21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Also worth noting is that even though his overall numbers are still quite poor, Nate Schierholz has been swinging the bat a little better, and has most of his bigger knocks, RBI & home runs over his past 5-10 games or something it feels like. (Up to 31 RBI on the year, but that's more a product of where he is placed in the batting order probably, not knowing off-hand exactly where he usually slots in.)

As for Cubs players I would recommend for the double-header, especially if wind is blowing out.... Wellington Castillo is cheap pop at C and could go yard at any given time.... Mike Olt seems to always go yard at least once on these big double dips or in high-scoring HR fests. Really, outside of Rizzo there is no "sure thing" but those named (besides Castro) are about the closest to cheap options who could boon instead of bust... just know they're just as capable of busting, too. Valbueno has pop when the wind is blowing out (i believe back when he was with the Indians and they were visiting Wrigley, he had a 3 HR game vs. the Cubs @ Wrigley w/ the wind blowing out when he was 24 and sort of a non-factor or prospect.... So I guess my point is if the wind is blowing out, Travis Wood (if pitching) is as likely as anyone perhaps.

The Reds lineup might be more interesting to poach from depending on who they use over both games.... I dunno.

The Cubs/Reds series is at Cinci. If i'm reading it correctly, they play 5 games in the next 4 days. The Cubs then have a home series against the Braves.

I think Scheierholtz is the stronger play between him and Ruggiano this week. That being said, Cubs have 8 games this week, so for weekly lineups with no max GP, i think either can be considered. I'm personally leaning toward playing Scheierholtz in my util slot this week due to schedule/matchups.
  • Milk Me likes this

#7 ygung

ygung

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

SP CLAY BUCHHOLZ Past 14 days (since return from DL): 13.2IP 1W 4Ks 3.29 ERA .88 whip

Listen, the guy has been nothing short of atrocious in the first half of this year, but let's not forget what this guy did last year; roughly a win per 9IP, 108IP 96ks 1.74 ERA 1.02 whip. Will he repeat last year? NO. Is he really this bad (2014 version)? NO.

Supposedly everything is much more mechanically sound with Clay now that he is healthy, and with pitching probably starting to thin out in many leagues, he can offer some serious second half upside if he rights the ship. I don't consider the guy an immediate add, but he's looking at 2 starts this week. If tonight's start is a gem I think that puts him on the immediate pick up list in deeper leagues. This guy is pretty injury prone so that is always one reason to shy away from him, but early signs show that he may have righted the ship; In his last start before he landed on the DL he walked 8 batters in 3IP, since returning from the DL he is yet to walk a guy in +13IP. HE IS DEF ONE TO WATCH TONIGHT
  • Milk Me likes this

#8 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

SP CLAY BUCHHOLZ Past 14 days (since return from DL): 13.2IP 1W 4Ks 3.29 ERA .88 whip

Listen, the guy has been nothing short of atrocious in the first half of this year, but let's not forget what this guy did last year; roughly a win per 9IP, 108IP 96ks 1.74 ERA 1.02 whip. Will he repeat last year? NO. Is he really this bad (2014 version)? NO.

Supposedly everything is much more mechanically sound with Clay now that he is healthy, and with pitching probably starting to thin out in many leagues, he can offer some serious second half upside if he rights the ship. I don't consider the guy an immediate add, but he's looking at 2 starts this week. If tonight's start is a gem I think that puts him on the immediate pick up list in deeper leagues. This guy is pretty injury prone so that is always one reason to shy away from him, but early signs show that he may have righted the ship; In his last start before he landed on the DL he walked 8 batters in 3IP, since returning from the DL he is yet to walk a guy in +13IP. HE IS DEF ONE TO WATCH TONIGHT

Thank you for this one- not to taper off here, but preseason voices had many questioning "WHY EVEN BOTHER WITH JOSH BECKETT?" as far as a stash went.... and a few people gave their reasoning and we all see why just taking a chance can work, no matter how bad someone was then, recently, 2 yrs ago-- whatever. Clay has reminded me of Beckett in that he's a Jekyll/Hyde type, but he is a great tout.... for someone who started last season- what?- 11-0 I think, pitching great most the entire time... I think the 3-10% of leagues he may be owned in is kind of crazy. I came in here to tout him up as well.

But since you did a great job already, I'll go to my backup for tonight: BAL SP Bud Norris
He has pitched well and holds a nice ERA and WHIP on the season and is 5-1 in his last 6 before he had landed on the DL. He's slated to go tonight and is owned in about 8% of Y! leagues, so I'd take the chance if you can and need a QS- he could at the least possibly provide that.... his BB/9 is much better than you would think. Otherwise, eyeball him since it's his first start back, and if he pitches good see who he is matched up against 5 days from now... He has been surprisingly good in his first turn pitching in the AL East (thus far... at least).
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#9 regulater

regulater

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:17 AM

Some Chris Coghlan, some Mike Moustakas, and a little David Peralta, need to be in here.

#10 jumper

jumper

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

I've touted him here before, butr CWS Jose Quintana starting tomorrow @ BOS, 46% owned in Yahoo. Doubleplus good if you're in a QS league.
  • Milk Me likes this

#11 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

Nice on on Coughlan- surprised someone noticed that (but then again, I think he had a 4-hit game or was 4/5 to make it look even nicer in print just yesterday).
After all the 8-game Cubs talk, I remembered he is playing daily as well and has a hit streak, a few big games, 1 or 2 HR, and then the 4-hit performance yesterday going for him. Actually, here.. per RW/Yahoo blurbs:

Chris Coghlan clubbed a solo homer in Tuesday's loss to the Reds.
Advice: Coghlan has now hit safely in eight straight games, pulling his batting average up from .202 to .254 in the process. Seven out of his last eight starts have been out of the leadoff spot, so he's an interesting short-term option in NL-only formats.

Chris Coghlan hit his second home run of the day in Tuesday's nightcap against the Reds.
Advice: Coghlan hit a homer in the first game of the doubleheader, and he took David Holmberg deep for a two-run shot in the second inning of the second game. In a nine-game hitting streak, the 29-year-old 14-for-31 (.452) with six RBI and 10 runs scored. The stretch has pulled his season line up to a passable .262/.336/.438.7 hours ago Rotoworld

He's also eligible at 3B in Y! leagues..... he was a former ROTY after all, not that Todd Hollandsworth, Ben Grieve and others aren't waving their arms in lieu of that comment right now. That said, until "reinforcements" arrive for this Cubs squad, if he's playing daily and hitting (+ out of leadoff lately), I think he could be worth a little bit more than NL-only fodder. His 3B/CI eligibly is kinda handy too. I like him among all of the lousy OF touts we've been tossing about for the Cubs & their prolonged week, even if it's about half-over already.... Can't deny he has been hot (and leading off helps the cause).
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#12 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

I've touted him here before, butr CWS Jose Quintana starting tomorrow @ BOS, 46% owned in Yahoo. Doubleplus good if you're in a QS league.

Man, I dunno how that guy isn't owned universally- he is legit... I've seen his starts more often than not (Cubs fan who prefers Hawk/Stone and just watching the Sox right here) and really dunno how he is out there in over 50% of leagues.

Brandon McCarthy starts for the Yanks tonight-- all of his ratios suggest improvement, and even without a great defense to do him favors.... his strikeout-rate (and walk, for that matter) sticks out and I'd stash him to see how he does (also doubt he can be picked up & started, since most leagues have rollovers with adds on players and he goes tonight, but if anyone had planned to see how he does... the matchup didn't look too terrible if I'm remembering right-- maybe add, wait + see?). He has had success in the AL before and is a sneaky add until further notice...
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#13 ygung

ygung

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

3B CHASE HEADLEY past 14 days: 4R 0HR 4RBI 1STEAL 3BB .333 AVG

Another guy that has probably been counted out by most right now. I know the counting stats are NOT amazing, but I think the main thing to note here is that he is actually hitting right now in a full time roll. Rotoworld recently put out a blurb on Headley mentioning that he has gone back his "unorthodox" grip which led to his 2012 outburst. He strayed away from this in 2013 due to a broken bone and tried to compensate but it simply hasn't worked. Now back to his old grip, here is Headley commenting on the positives the unorthodox grip brings:

“It lets me feel a little bit shorter to the ball, gives you a little more leverage,”"
“I just trained my eyes to know where my barrel is the way that I swing. It’s hard to untrain. I think that’s a big part of what’s going on.”

I translate this as to him basically going back to his bread and butter swing. 2012 may be an outlier season for all we know, and that second half performance is never one in which you would bank on a repeat . That said, he's not this bad, remember, when he was originally called up he was arguably San Diego's best prospect at that time, so he has that pedigree.

Lets get to the here and now though. Headley's value has the chance to take a huge positive jump at a position that is quickly thinning out at this point of the fantasy season. Most trade speculation has him going to Toronto, but at the end of the day, virtually any trade involving Headley will put him in a better offensive lineup as well as a better hitter's park. Put him on the radar now if you need a 3b, and if he's still swinging well by the end of the week it'll be a good time to pounce.

Edited by ygung, 09 July 2014 - 01:06 PM.

• Backdoor Slider and Milk Me like this

#14 Baloo

Baloo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'm going to throw out Nolan Reimold here for the Blue Jays. Was never healthy in Baltimore but always had the hitting pedigree. The Blue Jays have stated they're going to give him a lot of playing time, so I'd pick him up if you're in need of a Utility hitter (He's only DH eligible in ESPN right now) or an outfield option with some upside.
  • AnonymousRob and BlueJaysIn2030 like this

NFL 12-Team H2H Fantasy Football League 7-points per TD
QB Peyton Manning
RB Fred Jackson
RB Antone Smith
WR Brandon Marshall
WR DeAndre Hopkins
TE Greg Olsen
Flex Mohammed Sanu
K Greg Zurlein
DEF Detroit Lions
Bench

QB Joe Flacco
RB Bishop Sankey
RB Kyhrie Robinson
RB Mark Ingram
WR Michael Floyd

TE Rob Gronkowski

#15 champy41

champy41

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

Kolten Wong is on fire since coming back, maybe he'll get moved up in lineup?

@chrabe: Kolten Wong in 4 games since Sunday return from DL: .455/.538/1.364, 2B, 3 HR, 5 RBI, 4 R.

Also MilkMe mentioned Gee above and he looked good tonight in return from DL. So underrated and should be solid ROS if stays healthy.

14 team non-keeper h2h money league, non-PPR, all TD are 6 pts

QB-Peyton Manning (Den - QB)
WR-Jordy Nelson (GB - WR)
WR-Eric Decker (NYJ - WR)
RB-Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
RB-Branden Oliver (SD - RB)
TE-Julius Thomas (Den - TE)
W/R/T-Ronnie Hillman (Den - RB)     
BN-Josh Gordon (Cle - WR) 
BN-Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
BN-Denard Robinson (Jax - WR,RB)
BN-Bryce Brown (Buf - RB)

K-Cody Parkey (Phi - K)

DEF-Detroit (Det - DEF)

#16 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Kolten Wong is on fire since coming back, maybe he'll get moved up in lineup?

@chrabe: Kolten Wong in 4 games since Sunday return from DL: .455/.538/1.364, 2B, 3 HR, 5 RBI, 4 R.

Also MilkMe mentioned Gee above and he looked good tonight in return from DL. So underrated and should be solid ROS if stays healthy.

Wow @ Wong. I knew he has been hitting, but that is a bit absurd right there..still so, Collabelo is called up, has 3 great games and 2 duds since I think. But he never had the pedigree Wong possesses, so...
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#17 deuce4off

deuce4off

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:43 AM

Jimmy Nelson - Should be up within the next couple weeks

Junichi Tazawa - Boston will be in sell mode very shortly, and Uehara seems like a likely trade candidate. Tazawa should take over as closer
  • Milk Me likes this

I couldn't care less about your teams

#18 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

People keep talking Jimmy Nelson and I understand why, but how many innings is he going to be allowed to pitch this year?
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#19 Colonel Forbin

Colonel Forbin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

He pitched 160+ innings last year, he's 25, and 6'5 250. I'm thinking(hoping) he won't be shut down, especially with the brewers competing for a playoff spot.

Edited by Colonel Forbin, 10 July 2014 - 08:11 AM.

• Milk Me likes this
14 Team H2H - 8x8 (R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, AVG, OPS, IP, W, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP QS)
Keep 8 Players and 1 Prospect

C - McCann
1B - Napoli
2B - Kipnis
3B - Machado
SS - Bogaerts (3B, SS)
IF - LaRoche
OF - McCutchen, Harper, Yelich, Ozuna
UTIL - Dickerson
BN - Revere
DL - Hsomer, Profar (2B, 3B, SS)
NA - Buxton

SP - Darvish, Sale, Latos, Buehrle, Roark
RP - K-Rod, Allen
BN - E. Santana, Masterson, Smyly, Liriano, Hammel, Bauer
DL - Cashner

#20 Jay85

Jay85

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

People keep talking Jimmy Nelson and I understand why, but how many innings is he going to be allowed to pitch this year?

2013 - 162 IP

He has 111 IP in AAA, so i am guessing 160 to 170 Max.. Probably 8 to 9 starts.

Edited by Jay85, 10 July 2014 - 08:26 AM.

• Z06vette likes this

TEAM A - 10 team H2H - 6pt Td League
QB - Andrew Luck WR -Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall
RB - Zac Stacy & Toby Gerhart TE - Larry Donnell
W/T - Michael Floyd  W/R - Brandin Cooks  K - Adam Vinatieri  DEF - New England
BN - Jay Cutler, Sammy Watkins, Eddie Royal, Fred Jackson, Stream, Stream 

TEAM B - 12 Team H2H - 4pt Passing Td League 

QB - Jay Cutler  WR - Alshon Jeffery, DeAndre Hopkins 
RB - Jamaal Charles & LeSean McCoy TE Stream
W/T - Brandin Cooks  W/R - Eric Decker  K - Stream  DEF - New England 

BN - Chris Johnson, Alfred Blue, Carlos Hyde, Darrin Reaves, Stream. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users